PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, I sense trouble up ahead.

Fractite
09-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Following the very recent update of removing the NativeX Plat offers, I think a lot of people are gonna quit PL because they have lost their main source of Platinum. Dunno, it's just my opinion.

Armourslash
09-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Yeah without nativex you cant play pl without spending money, trialpay offers suck 3/4 of them require your credit card info or money.

Chicken Fry
09-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Blame the plat farmers

Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio
09-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Here's a little info from my end.
Most people never did not do NaviteX offers for big offers, but did them to earn enough plat to respec or such. With navitex gone, the non-spenders will be bound to quit because they won't have any source of free 5-10 plats to respec or change faces or any of that.

Apart from this, fact is, PL is dying, most oldies who returned to game were disheartened by the update and quit again. Now this update will prevent new players from joining or playing any longer. I have no idea what the devs are planning but to me it seems like, they are planning on stopping the game soon. As we all know, a MMO without players in it, is a dead MMO, they worlds are filled with people, which make up the game, without people, its just a blank map. Losing most players in game, they will have a good reason on shutting down the game.

Somemager
09-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Most people never did not do NaviteX offers for big offers, but did them to earn enough plat to respec or such. With navitex gone, the non-spenders will be bound to quit because they won't have any source of free 5-10 plats to respec or change faces or any of that.

Apart from this, fact is, PL is dying, most oldies who returned to game were disheartened by the update and quit again. Now this update will prevent new players from joining or playing any longer. I have no idea what the devs are planning but to me it seems like, they are planning on stopping the game soon. As we all know, a MMO without players in it, is a dead MMO, they worlds are filled with people, which make up the game, without people, its just a blank map. Losing most players in game, they will have a good reason on shutting down the game.

well said good thing i got some platinum from nativex recently before this happened ^_^

Fractite
09-13-2014, 11:54 AM

Yeah, that is true.

Somemager
09-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Bring back Tapjoy 2014 !!!

Armourslash
09-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Unless they make some new free plat offer maker thats better I dont think ill be able to make decent plat again :(

Fearonasking
09-13-2014, 12:28 PM
Yay take it awaky and don't bring back, please!!!:) woohoooo! Good job STS!!!

Ssneakykills
09-13-2014, 12:36 PM

I agree with everything but what makes you think they will stop the game soon?

Fractite
09-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Probably because STS aren't really doing a lot to improve the game.

ArtofWar
09-13-2014, 12:46 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?175364-NativeX-Free-Platinum-Offers-Offline&p=1823805#post1823805

That doesn't sound like they'll be removed forever...

programmed
09-13-2014, 01:00 PM
NativeX was the only way I could get plat (when the offers actually work). I hope it does not disappear for too long.

xxkilsxx
09-13-2014, 01:17 PM
It will be back i hope When Al was released They took them down for a while hopefully they bring back or i going to quit

Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio
09-13-2014, 01:29 PM
I agree with everything but what makes you think they will stop the game soon?

With all that the game has been going through :
1. The update seemed more like a balance fix for PvP. The new sets have new names but almost the same old looks of crystalline, the maps are the same as sand cave ones. So thinking further about it, it all comes down to the old argument of why players with 2/3 pcs should have advantage in PvP. Notice also that L76 and L77 both give their own cap vanity, and the L76 cap vanity hasn't been discontinued unlike the previous cap ones, and there could only be 1 reason for this which is, to balance the PvP system. This was a good thought but to call it their "biggest update yet" was simply a lie (except for the XP needed to cap) since other caps such as Nuri, Humania and Fang had something totally new players were excited about that. There is nothing new in this cap except the 2/3pcs ring one will get on capping, PvP for a while, get bored and leave the game, except those people who are truly hooked to the game and can't leave it till the very end.

2. The cap itself was a disappointment to most players, and hence most of them quit. Now they took out the offers, which doesn't allow one to get the Plat apart from paying for it or being extremely lucky with trialpay. This will be a big let-down for most newbies as I mentioned.

Then who else do you think will play PL? Oldies quit because of lack of innovation in the new cap, newbies will quit because of lack of source of platinum in the game which at some point or another will be necessery to them and not all can buy plats. Then we are left with only those few people people in the game who are hooked to it. Will PL be able to manage server costs and all the backend costs of the game with 90% of players quitting the game? So they might just stop the game and devote their time to develop a new one. That way they will get free server space(in place of PL, where it resides ATM). Get my point bro?

Ssneakykills
09-13-2014, 01:55 PM
With all that the game has been going through :
1. The update seemed more like a balance fix for PvP. The new sets have new names but almost the same old looks of crystalline, the maps are the same as sand cave ones. So thinking further about it, it all comes down to the old argument of why players with 2/3 pcs should have advantage in PvP. Notice also that L76 and L77 both give their own cap vanity, and the L76 cap vanity hasn't been discontinued unlike the previous cap ones, and there could only be 1 reason for this which is, to balance the PvP system. This was a good thought but to call it their "biggest update yet" was simply a lie (except for the XP needed to cap) since other caps such as Nuri, Humania and Fang had something totally new players were excited about that. There is nothing new in this cap except the 2/3pcs ring one will get on capping, PvP for a while, get bored and leave the game, except those people who are truly hooked to the game and can't leave it till the very end.

2. The cap itself was a disappointment to most players, and hence most of them quit. Now they took out the offers, which doesn't allow one to get the Plat apart from paying for it or being extremely lucky with trialpay. This will be a big let-down for most newbies as I mentioned.

Then who else do you think will play PL? Oldies quit because of lack of innovation in the new cap, newbies will quit because of lack of source of platinum in the game which at some point or another will be necessery to them and not all can buy plats. Then we are left with only those few people people in the game who are hooked to it. Will PL be able to manage server costs and all the backend costs of the game with 90% of players quitting the game? So they might just stop the game and devote their time to develop a new one. That way they will get free server space(in place of PL, where it resides ATM). Get my point bro?

Yes I do but if anything dark legends or star legends would or gone by now considering what you said they are even more empty than pl and I would love it if they made a new legends game with a mix or al and pl

Mothwing
09-13-2014, 01:59 PM
I completely disagree with your first point. How did fang and nuri's have something new to offer? They were literally the same exact concept, just like every single other cap since sewers. You cap, get end game gear, pvp, then wait for the next update, it's nothing new so I'm confused at what you're expectations are of this game. It's been the same system for 2-3 years.

Personally, I play this game for more than the game itself. I stay because I have spent a large chunk of my life playing this game and I have made extremely good friends that I am as close to as real life friends. You guys need to relax a little on the "PL is dying" statements. There will always be people that are playing this game. Truth is, it's extremely hard to quit. It has an insanely high nostalgic value to people, and I know when I quit I end up missing the game and coming back a few weeks later.

Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio
09-13-2014, 02:01 PM
I agree to that. Let's just hope the game doesn't die out by itself. Or in other words, let's hope that people still continue to play the game after all this. Because MMO without people is a dead game.

DivineMoustache
09-13-2014, 02:04 PM
where is the source that canceling of nativeX is permanent? this happens every once in a while, where NativeX is inaccessible. calm down, you people are trigger finger happy

Altaïr Rik Strife Ezio
09-13-2014, 02:06 PM
I completely disagree with your first point. How did fang and nuri's have something new to offer? They were literally the same exact concept, just like every single other cap since sewers. You cap, get end game gear, pvp, then wait for the next update, it's nothing new so I'm confused at what you're expectations are of this game. It's been the same system for 2-3 years.

Personally, I play this game for more than the game itself. I stay because I have spent a large chunk of my life playing this game and I have made extremely good friends that I am as close to as real life friends. You guys need to relax a little on the "PL is dying" statements. There will always be people that are playing this game. Truth is, it's extremely hard to quit. It has an insanely high nostalgic value to people, and I know when I quit I end up missing the game and coming back a few weeks later.

Most people don't think of PL as a public chatroom where you end up making new friends.

About the point where you mentioned about no new concept : Atleast they didn't copy paste old maps and rename gear/boss/map names. Besides this, dragon vanities were introduced which was a new thing. Also new elites were introduced in Humania and BSM caps.

programmed
09-13-2014, 02:06 PM
where is the source that canceling of nativeX is permanent? this happens every once in a while, where NativeX is inaccessible. calm down, you people are trigger finger happy

In the announcement thread it says it's currently offline. That doesn't mean permanent.

Oldcoot
09-13-2014, 02:13 PM

I completely agree with you moth

XghostzX
09-13-2014, 02:20 PM
1. This free plat offer thing is not permanent guys. I'm 95% sure it's down for maintenance or some other miscellaneous reason.

2. Don't play PL and expect PC-like quality. As Moth stated nicely, I play this game for bursts at a time and because I'm surrounded by a good group of people. It's hard quitting on a game when a lot of people look up to you. It's nice having friends in a whole new virtual world that I can just talk to sometimes. It's a nice escape. I used to have high expectations for this game, but I realized awhile ago that no free, mobile game will satisfy everyone's expectations. Enjoy PL for what it's worth, because it truly is a magnificent and one-of-a-kind mobile MMO game. There are some fundamental things this game as an MMO is missing, but I'll take it. People will always be playing PL as long as STS doesn't shut game down altogether (seriously doubt they will).

AppleNoob
09-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Even if the nativeX being offline is not permanent we are still gonna have a huge amount of people quitting because they won't have a forums acc or will be checking forums.

Aveea
09-13-2014, 02:39 PM

Well said! This exactly why I log on every day!
Am I happy w/ pl now? NO! It has become one sloppy Lil game IMO. Quest count, stashable pet / ring mess, the unobtainable Axe, the unstable new map. But still I log..Iove my IG friends...and COT :love_heart:

DivineMoustache
09-13-2014, 02:46 PM
In the announcement thread it says it's currently offline. That doesn't mean permanent.

i know that, unless you quoted the wrong person

programmed
09-13-2014, 03:16 PM
i know that, unless you quoted the wrong person

Didn't realize I quoted someone. People were saying things about it maybe being permanent so I was just trying to add that by what was said in the announcements it's only temporary.

Rescind
09-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Even if the nativeX being offline is not permanent we are still gonna have a huge amount of people quitting because they won't have a forums acc or will be checking forums.

Then spread the word.. It's simple. Just tell people it's not going to be permanent. Play a role in the community and prevent some people from quitting

Suentous PO
09-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Hyperbolize all exaggerations!!!

Mothwing
09-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Most people don't think of PL as a public chatroom where you end up making new friends.

About the point where you mentioned about no new concept : Atleast they didn't copy paste old maps and rename gear/boss/map names. Besides this, dragon vanities were introduced which was a new thing. Also new elites were introduced in Humania and BSM caps.

So...you basically level up and pvp without talking to anyone or trying to make relationships with people? I think it's obvious why you're complaining then, lol. Obviously the game will be boring if you don't interact with people.

Fearonasking
09-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Queen of Altera is being robbed, close the main hanger and shut down nativex!! NOW AND FOREVER

SillyJuan
09-13-2014, 07:12 PM
Well it's either ban the players who do whatever plat farming is or remove nativex. Id say remove nativex because isn't it basically playing the game entirely for free which is cause sts to make less money for future updates? Think about it

programmed
09-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Well it's either ban the players who do whatever plat farming is or remove nativex. Id say remove nativex because isn't it basically playing the game entirely for free which is cause sts to make less money for future updates? Think about it

It may be basically playing for free but it's only small amounts of plat. It's a free to play game anyways there's nothing saying you have to buy plat or be unable to play the game, if that were the case they'd be better off making it so you pay for a subscription.

Covert
09-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Yes, no free plat will definitely be the reason why ppl don't wanna play

Sheugokin
09-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Queen of Altera is being robbed, close the main hanger and shut down nativex!! NOW AND FOREVER

You on forums nao too :) ?

Fearonasking
09-14-2014, 12:25 AM
You on forums nao too :) ?
Yeah:) sometimes lol

Fractite
09-14-2014, 03:36 AM
Yeah, I understand that it most likely isn't gonna be permanent, but a lot of people would probably look at this blindly (pun not intended) and quit PL because they think it is another step to the game being dead, and that they don't want to be around when it is dead.

dankatlien
09-14-2014, 03:47 AM
Did pocket legends just crash and die? Or is it just me? Cuz the app crashes for me now every time.. i can't log on ..

Edit: nvm

Fastcast
09-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Blame the plat farmers

nuff said

Jig
09-14-2014, 07:04 AM
It will be back.. Learn to read announcements :)

anahadaz
09-14-2014, 02:19 PM
About the possiblility of the game being shut down..no. Why would they shut down Pocket Legends and let Star Legends and Dark Legends continue?No. I think the devs are afraid of investing in a massive new expansion in case people dont return, but we all know if there was completely new, original maps, new looking gear new bosses new elites e.t.c. oldies would return and sts would make a lot of money..but the risk of no one returning seems to be holding them back..

Schnitzel
09-14-2014, 07:17 PM

Yay! Good thing i copy pasted my nativeX thread to my forum group :D

syxx
09-14-2014, 09:41 PM
it could always be worse

Fractite
09-15-2014, 01:42 PM

bustinarant
09-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Im new to the game but never really did plat offers i really hope this doesnt cause half the players to rage quit -_-

Fractite
09-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Im new to the game but never really did plat offers i really hope this doesnt cause half the players to rage quit -_-
Probably wouldn't, but because I jinxed it, it probably would happen.

Nukegod
09-16-2014, 02:04 PM
I have 1 plat and want to change my build... Trialpay don't work and i won't spend money on this game....

Armourslash
09-16-2014, 02:07 PM
I have 1 plat and want to change my build... Trialpay don't work and i won't spend money on this game....

Well you have no choice then.

monthendos
09-17-2014, 10:42 AM
ujtjrft

Fractite
09-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Ok, so now it seems that they've permanently removed the Plat offers because some people abused the system. They've also said that they'll try to bring a new system that can't be abused as much as the NativeX service.

Remiem
09-18-2014, 03:57 PM
No need to quit. :) STS is working hard on finding a new source of free platinum for you. Of course, we want to verify that it is safe and reliable, so it can be a process, but bear with us and you'll have a new option for free platinum soon.. In the meantime, TrialPay is still active. Thanks!

Somemager
09-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Ok, so now it seems that they've permanently removed the Plat offers because some people abused the system. They've also said that they'll try to bring a new system that can't be abused as much as the NativeX service.

"As much" just bring back tapjoy it never caused any issues.

killinclaw
09-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone this post is interesting so I'd like to give my 2 cents. And to be honest I'm going to be frank and to the point. PL is not dieing. Just because of a Lil squirmish like Plat farming is not going to terminate this game, now and in the future. I play this game because I love it, almost 4 yrs now, and so do many folks out there as well. And if it did, it will be because of the negative naysayers and the negative words about PL. I believe if sts was going to pull the plug, it wouldn't be PL first. So let's be a lil more positive.

Fractite
09-19-2014, 02:38 AM
No need to quit. :) STS is working hard on finding a new source of free platinum for you. Of course, we want to verify that it is safe and reliable, so it can be a process, but bear with us and you'll have a new option for free platinum soon.. In the meantime, TrialPay is still active. Thanks!
I didn't say I was gonna quit...

Giazagilur
09-21-2014, 05:16 AM
Can anyone confirm if trial play works at all?

Jig
09-21-2014, 05:18 AM
Can anyone confirm if trial play works at all?

Ah, why don't you try it..? It does but barely EVER at all for me.

Giazagilur
09-21-2014, 05:21 AM
I've tried it a couple of times including two surveys...all I got was more spams in my email lol

So I guess you are confirming it :)

Jig
09-21-2014, 05:26 AM
I've tried it a couple of times including two surveys...all I got was more spams in my email lol

So I guess you are confirming it :)

Yeah same, I do this to get spam in my emails, yet no plat, then don't spam me with your crappy emails if I don't get rewards! Haha that's why, trialplay sucks.

Ubernewber
09-21-2014, 06:11 AM
Hi everyone this post is interesting so I'd like to give my 2 cents. And to be honest I'm going to be frank and to the point. PL is not dieing. Just because of a Lil squirmish like Plat farming is not going to terminate this game, now and in the future. I play this game because I love it, almost 4 yrs now, and so do many folks out there as well. And if it did, it will be because of the negative naysayers and the negative words about PL. I believe if sts was going to pull the plug, it wouldn't be PL first. So let's be a lil more positive.

Bye bye battle dragons lmao...

GiveMeWings
09-21-2014, 06:23 AM

What? TrialPay is the worst way to get plat... You can´t do any offer because the only thing you get is spam, and you never get that plat...

Armourslash
09-22-2014, 10:41 AM
What? TrialPay is the worst way to get plat... You can´t do any offer because the only thing you get is spam, and you never get that plat...
There are some offers which are download and run but they hardly give you enough plat.