PDA

View Full Version : why do some people insist on soloing tough maps?

Vandslaux
09-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Ive tried partying with people, but they reject me a lot or plain out tell me to f* off. If theres xp bonuses (if the ingame hint holds true) and party members all get loot when an enemy drops one killed by a party member (i think) why wouldnt someone want to party? This came to mind after a lv 26 in nordr told me to f* off after inviting him (i was hitting the create party button each time someone entered and i happened to be inviting him each time after he rejected)

ClumsyCactus
09-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Because he might not Wanna party with you, you should have asked him first...

Ssneakykills
09-13-2014, 01:00 PM
I usually reject because I'm usually bombarded with party invites and people just stand there spamming me and it kinda ticks me off they don't take a hint

Visiting
09-13-2014, 01:10 PM
Always ask the person politely, they might have reasons to not want to run. :/

Ihateppl
09-13-2014, 03:46 PM
I enjoy running solo for many reason: no having to wait for other people, I can go at my own pace, not having to yell at someone for resetting the boss 3 times, I get to move where I want when I want, not have to follow who ever is holding aggro....

Enough reason for you?

Anarchist
09-13-2014, 04:07 PM
I like doing things my own way or nothing so i run solo. The kills are mine, the map is easier and i get no stress from babysitting people.

aarrgggggg
09-13-2014, 04:11 PM
sometimes i like to challenge myself and what better way than soloing an elite map
especially from nordr-tindirin

Now those are challenging

Ebezaanec
09-13-2014, 04:43 PM
If someone keeps re-inviting me after multiple rejects, I would be ticked off too. Not to say that the other people weren't being rude, but you should always ask before sending an invite.

Dex Scene
09-13-2014, 05:02 PM
Blind invite is always annyoing.
Also party invite in PUG is annyoing cuz if some special boss spawns or if a low level needs help and he has been invited accepted broke party, his guildmate or friends cant join him anymore.
It will show "the spot is reserved" when his frnds wanna join.

Dex Scene
09-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Added:

Also i see people invite to party in XP quests/runs when there are only 2 people in the map.
When ur partying in pug, ur making the map a closed one. Stopping others to join and preventing the map to get a full one (better xp)

Chrisaetoshawker
09-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Also party invite in PUG is annyoing cuz if some special boss spawns or if a low level needs help and he has been invited accepted broke party, his guildmate or friends cant join him anymore.

When will "the spot is reserved" happens?

Dex Scene
09-14-2014, 04:46 AM
When will "the spot is reserved" happens?
Mostly when party is broken 1 guy leaves in 2 ppl party or 2 ppl leave in full party.
i am not 100% sure bt thats what i have experienced.
that's why i never create party in pug and dont face the problems :3

Chrisaetoshawker
09-14-2014, 04:48 AM
Mostly when party is broken 1 guy leaves in 2 ppl party or 2 ppl leave in full party.
i am not 100% sure bt thats what i have experienced.
that's why i never create party in pug and dont face the problems :3

Thx

Dex Scene
09-14-2014, 04:53 AM
Np :)

Candylicks
09-14-2014, 09:38 AM
Ya Dex got it right.

Also, don't random invite people unless it's your friends who you always party with. It's bad manners in the game, always ask first and wait for response before sending invite.

ColdBlahd
09-14-2014, 02:27 PM
What does PUG mean?

Morholt
09-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Ive tried partying with people, but they reject me a lot or plain out tell me to f* off. If theres xp bonuses (if the ingame hint holds true) and party members all get loot when an enemy drops one killed by a party member (i think) why wouldnt someone want to party? This came to mind after a lv 26 in nordr told me to f* off after inviting him (i was hitting the create party button each time someone entered and i happened to be inviting him each time after he rejected)Being partied doesn't increase exp; having more people in map does. You don't have to be partied to get drops from another players kills. You also don't have to be partied to recieve the effects of players' skills and pets (think of HoR, Ribbit, etc.).

When trying to grind a map, partying will prevent you from easily re-entering a new version. And if you enter to the next, no new players can enter it.

There is also the issue of a 'broken party,' which results from people leaving the map before unpartying, and preventing anyone else from joining it.

What does PUG mean?Stands for 'pick up game. Sort of like meeting random people at a basketball court and playing a pick up game. Join a map and play with random people that appear.

ColdBlahd
09-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Being partied doesn't increase exp; having more people in map does. You don't have to be partied to get drops from another players kills. You also don't have to be partied to recieve the effects of players' skills and pets (think of HoR, Ribbit, etc.).

When trying to grind a map, partying will prevent you from easily re-entering a new version. And if you enter to the next, no new players can enter it.

There is also the issue of a 'broken party,' which results from people leaving the map before unpartying, and preventing anyone else from joining it.

Stands for 'pick up game. Sort of like meeting random people at a basketball court and playing a pick up game. Join a map and play with random people that appear.
Ahh thanks, lol.

Wutzgood
09-14-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah blind invites are the reason auto reject is my favorite option.