View Full Version : Shadow Cave failed much??

Plazmo
01-24-2011, 03:14 PM
1> 0.1% drop rate im guessing
2> very expensive run $$$$$
3> very long and painfull dungeon ( dont need that many trash mob)
4> equipments stats failed for a LVL 50 elite dungeon!!! whats rare about that??

Its Defo Failed for me!

maybe...
1> cut half the amount of trash and make bosses encounter a lil more challenging in that way. i want to get rewarded killin a boss not killin those 140 trash just to get to him/her! its not a farming dungeon for god sake!
2> put a new drops with far better stats. (not shadow set coz every1 have it) now thats what i called rare! maybe even put a limit on how many times a player can enter that dungeon daily so that we dont see those items overflowing in cs!

so whats ur input fellow legends!?

Royce
01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't like the idea of new additional gear sets. I mean we already have two sets of each of rift, void and cosmos, plus three sets of cyber and three of shadow gear. Once they add set bonuses, the elite gear might actually feel elite ;) Anyway I like the idea of less trash and harder bosses. One big issue I have with the caves is the time commitment they take. For a mobile game people play on the go, to clear victory lap first just to get there plus the amount of time the maps take themselves is kind of crazy. I also think we will see the droprate improved in some way but that's just a guess.

Snakespeare
01-24-2011, 03:27 PM
The whiners were so harsh to the devs that they are punishing all of us. It doesn't help that some of us tried to defend the devs. They are only people and they did not like the way the whiners behaved. It was free, you see, and these whiners actually stockpiled on the pinks first. So in the end the whiners won and got to gouge the prices on their 100% dropped pinks. The whole thing backfired, and just about nobody plays the new content now. Definitely not me. There is no payout, so why bother? I only get about an hour on the way to work (bus ride) and an hour on the way home. I have a lot of better things to do in the game than add deaths to my already-dead-a-thousand-times level 50s. Maybe, if it meant getting something worthwhile, I would do it, but yeah, it has no allure.

Don't expect the whiners to accept their responsibility, either. They only cared to make some phony in-game gold. Now they are happy. Total backfire.

BeefyMeat
01-24-2011, 03:43 PM
It's typical with anything balance related in this game. Too easy, WAY too hard, and then they start to find a happy medium. The devs will work it out.

Plazmo
01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
totally agree royce but even if the drop rate gets slight higher there is just no point as the stats are crap! snake, im with u there dude. thats how they roll and the devs made a blunder on this one. its a dead content way sooner than i expected tho.

Fyrce
01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
People will go back in if and when bonuses go on those sets. A tiny bit higher drop rate would be nice, but give people a good reason and they will rise to the challenge. Even with all the idiot players out there, I have faith in the general populace: Given the right reason, they will run those caves and run them well.

Diodge
01-24-2011, 10:17 PM
I wont go back in there. right now
Its a challenge but its not fun at all. This is a mobile game. It shouldnt invole going to a place for 2hours st8. Gold drain!

It was so much fun till the last update/ramp up. It was sick. YES the pink rate was a little crazy at first but it was fun to go in with pugs or friends.even die on trash. We even had random people join in and fill spots. now Its like pulling a freekin raid group in wow to go.
1. find people who will stay
2. find people who can buy pots (If you want faster runs at a cost of 18,000gold for one pot up for 1hour. 2pots 36,000) Its just smart to buy the gear .----- 3runs at 3-6hours and 54,000 -108,000 gold(only useing one pot) ,2pots 108,000-216,000
3.Set up replacement
4. Keep a list on who is good and bad
5.check gear score :)
6,7,8,9,10. Its to much for a mobile game with no in game guild.

I loved it .. now I feel like im on wow with gear score.

I just stay away... Glad it was free
Its a dead zone to about 20-30+peeps I play with on skype. I gave away 20+pieces to people from my wow guild. Just so I didnt have to go in and help the money drain/time drain.

Junside
01-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I haven't been there in forever. Recovering from a severe beating thanks to that witch :x

Palyna
01-25-2011, 02:30 AM
I wont go there at the moment too. Unless a skillful bear friend who had the habit to pot up invites me. I spent alot of gold on elixir. Last I been there, one bear even borrowed gold from me to buy elixir. :(

TheLaw
01-25-2011, 03:03 AM
Only Gear worth getting in there is Shadow Set.

SeVeNSiNs
01-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Yeah shadow caves was fun (agreed about the drop rate being too crazy) but this nerf was way too hard.

Fyrce
01-25-2011, 06:00 AM
I would give gold for elixirs and stuff. Did that when Ao3 was harder; wasn't a big deal -- just another act to help out the group.

Unfortunately, haven't had time for awhile for the time commitment for shadow caves. Actually haven't even done any real farming in a few weeks. Too much other stuff going on. LOL.

Everyone's right about that: It's not easy to hop in, play a few minutes and hop out of the shadow caves. In fact, can't really play short snippets of time in there. Too bad, because it's actually cool with all the hard bosses. But it does take way too long.

bladesword
01-25-2011, 06:08 AM
so whats ur input fellow legends!?

I say that this happened a dam lot in the past, and idc.
Vicious Visitors, Bastet was a pain in the ***..

icantgetkills
01-25-2011, 07:05 AM
I asked for same drop rate as frozen nightmares :/ that would of been a good drop rate but leave dungeon how it is maybe make all bosses stronger except the witch..

Subterraneous
01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I asked for same drop rate as frozen nightmares :/ that would of been a good drop rate but leave dungeon how it is maybe make all bosses stronger except the witch..

I like how they felt the Witch wasn't hard enough without adding the Shadow Prince. After we had like 4 wipes (and 4 sets of pots), we kill the witch and everyone gets green drops. I don't even have any hope right now that if I spend time in the Shadow Caves I'm going to get anything worth my time. All the gear I have from that place came from the Consignment Shop. Yes, you are bringing back bad memories of WoW with this approach.

Fyrce
01-25-2011, 02:42 PM
I loved Bastet! She wasn't bad with the right skills and/or group but was fantastic otherwise. I love bosses like that. Same with swamp witch.

Love the shadow witch and her aides. She needs a kill count. LOL.

Ona
01-25-2011, 02:58 PM
I agree with you all and still...I had fun getting back there last night. The first times I went there with my bird and my mage I thought it was impossible to pass through the witch and her pals. But then, I made a bear, equiped him decently (rift) and it's great fun as long as you're not playing with kamikazes. Pulling bosses, real tanking job, fast healing and reviving, good use of combos... Everything PL can offer in PVE is there. And it is nothing compared to wow (those who played in high-level guilds know it).
Yes, it's expansive (I won't go there every day), yes, it's too long for a mobile game and I agree, there should be more rewards (drop rate or set bonuses for the new gears). But still, find good bears who pot and know how to keep the aggro and you will have fun (despite a few deaths).

serulean
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
agree with the above poster. every team just needs a good bear and to play together as a team.

i like how you can't just spam skills and kills but instead need to play more strategically.

BeefyMeat
01-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I think the problem is EVERY enemy has aggro, unlike other mmorpgs where only certain enemies attack you. If they made it so some shadows chilled and you could go in and pull one at a time, it would balance more.

Diodge
01-25-2011, 03:24 PM
And it is nothing compared to wow (those who played in high-level guilds know it).
(despite a few deaths).

The setup to get people that can play good, have money, and will stay is just like it. Then have a replacement ready.(you need a replacement setup here incase someone gets the boot.)(wow is easyer to find a good player to fill a spot. You go to your guild.)
It is very close to a wow setup with less people.

Ona
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
I think the problem is EVERY enemy has aggro, unlike other mmorpgs where only certain enemies attack you. If they made it so some shadows chilled and you could go in and pull one at a time, it would balance more.

True, but as many noticed (hope so at least), the witch doesn't follow you very far. So, if you have the aggro of the witch and one of her colleague, then you can bring them away. After a short moment, the witch will go back to her potion making (that's what witches do, don't they?), while you kill quietly the prince/djinn.
I'm also quite sure it is possible to glitch the witch (it used to be easy to do in the first version of the caves).

Anyway, it's just a matter of strategy and I'm pretty sure the devs knew it when they released the updated caves. They obviously don't want another Victory Lap: easy to reach and kill the bosses (again, if you don't have stupid ppl in your group).

The setup to get people that can play good, have money, and will stay is just like it. Then have a replacement ready.(you need a replacement setup here incase someone gets the boot.)(wow is easyer to find a good player to fill a spot. You go to your guild.)
It is very close to a wow setup with less people.

Also true. Thats why I said it took too long to do the whole dungeon. And I guess that the guild play will make things way easier (just have to wait a bit).
But the setup is different from wow. At the time I was playing, it was 40 ppl playing together with a very specific role during 3-4 hours. And the players had to work on (or at least learn) the strategies for hours.
I'm happy PL is not as complicated, but still, if it's only pushing buttons, no matter how...it's a bit boring after a while, don't you think?

BeefyMeat
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Being a bird having two bosses have aggro on you is a long walk off a short pier.

Ona
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Being a bird having two bosses have aggro on you is a long walk off a short pier.

Hehe, indeed...so who do you think should pull the boss? Yes, the bear!

Stamper
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree. Shadow Caves had such great potential and could of worked as a decent holdover for level capped players until new content was released. It was RUINED by 100% drop rates for three days and then corrected for the WORSE by having close to zero drops. Feels like a cruel prank by the devs to do this. Drop rates should be a 2X higher than regular AO3 levels to compensate for the increased difficulty.

Stamper
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Hehe, indeed...so who do you think should pull the boss? Yes, the bear!

As long as only one player is pulling, anyone can pull. The trick to pulling a single mob is to get them to aggro WITHOUT attacking them. Just wait till there is enough separation between the mobs and aggro one back to your party. Bear should be first to attack/taunt the pulled mob. Easy concept but I rarely see it done.