PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate DL PvP Tournament!

Anyanka
09-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Ultimate PvP Tournament

Hello crazy DL pvpers! Guess what! Axania is back!
A lot of people have been asking for a new tournament, so here it is!

Are you tired of playing the same CTF/DM matches over and over again?
Do you believe you can handle anything DL can throw at you?
Do you believe your teamwork with some of your friends is amazing?

Then this tournament is for you!

This tournament is organised by myself (Axania) and Lorree, my co-organiser.
The tournament will consist of 3 qualifying rounds, the semi-finals and the final. For the first 3 rounds, all teams gather points. The four teams with the most points at the end of the 3rd round move on to the semi-finals!

Round 1
The first round is a normal Death Match. Two Death Match rounds will be fought between the two opposing teams. The points each team gathers will be equal to the total kills the team gets. Kings and power ups can be used normally.

Round 2
The second round is a 1 vs 1 Death Match. Specifically, the two teams (all five players from each team) will enter the same Death Match arena. Then every player from one team will fight every player from the other team. Fights will happen in the spawn cubicles. Someone will count down (3-2-1-Go!) for the two contestants to start fighting. Players must start each fight with full health. Fights can happen simultaneously in different spawn cubicles. No powers ups and no kings are allowed! The points each team gathers will be equal to the total kills the team gets.
Attention: Every player can only have a maximum score of 5 and can only fight each opponent once. If for some reason a player is killed outside the 1 vs 1 and the score is changed, this must be CLEARLY explained when the result screenshot is posted.

Round 3
The third round is a 2 vs 2 Death Match. Specifically, the two teams (all five players from each team) will enter the same Death Match arena. Then each team will choose two of their players to fight. Except from the four players who will fight (2 from each team), the rest (6 players) will sit inside the spawn cubicles. The fight will happen inside the middle (king) area. Powers and kings can be used normally! There will be 2 rounds (2 matches) between the two teams. A team is allowed to change the 2 fighting players in the second round. The points each team gathers will be equal to the total kills the team gets.

Semi-finals
The teams that gathered the most points move on to this CTF round. Attention: No weapons are allowed in this CTF! All players MUST unequip their weapons! Before the match starts, each player is required to say "I have unequipped my weapon". All powers can be used normally. Watch your stats! Unequipping the weapon will affect them!

Final
This CTF final round is the ultimate test of teamwork since every player can use only ONE power. All players will map their powers before the match to only the one they will use. Before the match begins, all players will announce which power they will use. Weapons can be used normally.

Attention! Cheating!
Since the semi-finals and finals require removing the weapons and using only 1 power, it would be possible for players to cheat. Like mentioned previously, all players must map their powers (Lair - Powers - Map Powers) and remove all the powers they won't use or unequip their weapons BEFORE the match. Excuses like "my finger slipped" will not be accepted. Any player who is caught cheating (using extra powers in final or weapons in semi-finals) will be immediately disqualified.

This tournament is for players who want to have fun trying something challenging and new, and NOT for those who want to win by cheating. If you can't handle losing, then you shouldn't sign up.

Participating and scheduling

Even though the idea is that every team will fight every other team in the first 3 rounds, in the case where many teams join, the amount of matches will depend on the number of participating teams, in order to avoid a very long tournament.
A minimum of four teams must join the tournament in order for it to begin.
Matches will happen on weekends to give everyone the best chances of being able to participate.
Matches will be organised according to player GMTs. Please be aware that it may not be possible to have the match at the perfect time for you, so your team should be expected to be available at another time. Backup players would be useful in case not all members of the main team are available at the time for the match.After each match, a screenshot of the result screen should be taken and posted below.
If there is a tie between two or more teams by the end of the 3rd round, there will be an extra normal Death Match between them.

No shows
If a guild doesn't show up for the arranged match, the team of the opponent guild that DID show up should get in a CTF and get a screenshot to prove they were there, and post it here. The match can then be re-arranged once. If the match fails to happen again, the team that showed up will win 25 points (DM) or 3 points (CTF) by default (screenshot must be taken again). A team can be considered a no-show if 30 minutes from the arranged time has passed.

Switching and random people join the match

If someone who is NOT part of your team joins a CTF match by accident while one of your players is disconnected or you're switching players, all players must STOP until this player leaves.
In the case of the first 3 rounds, since the score matters, switching players during the match is NOT allowed, in order to avoid random players joining. If a random person joins because of someone got disconnected and the backup wasn't invited in time, the match must be repeated.

Reward and code of conduct
Like the CTF tournament, there is no entry fee, so there is no reward.
This tournament has been set up for you to have fun! Winning or losing doesn't matter as long as you have a good time, so play respectfully! Trash talking and drama will NOT be tolorated.

Team Registration

This tournament is NOT only for guilds, but for any teams. Teams can be created for the purpose of participating in this tournament. Teams can have players from different guilds, while players are NOT required to leave their guilds to join a tournament team. IF however all team members (including backups) are from the SAME guild, the team name MUST be the guild name. Players that sign up with one team CANNOT switch to another team. Pick a team and stick with it!

Interested? Register your team below. Your team must consist of at least 6 players. Players beyond the first five should be listed as backups. GMTs must be listed for all players. All players must be lvl 36.

The chosen power for the final must be listed for all players. The power can be any level. Choose your powers carefully! If you want to do the brim combo, you will need a player with fatal burst and a player with brimstone! If you want a flag runner, he could use shadow dance! Maybe someone in your team should have fire aura as well!

Your post must have the following format:

Team Name: Awesome PvPers
Team Leader: Awesomeness

Team Members:
1) Player1 (GMT +1) | Power for final: Brimstone
2) Player2 (GMT -8) | Power for final: Fire Aura
3) Player3 (GMT +4) | Power for final: Shadow Dance
4) Player4 (GMT -7) | Power for final: Brimstone
5) Player5 (GMT +3) | Power for final: Brimstone
6) Player6 (GMT +2) -BACKUP- | Power for final: Vermin Swarm

So, let's see how many DL pvpers wanna try an awesome tournament! :)

Registration is now open!
Problems or questions? Post here!

Attention! Freezing Consideration!
The reason was I was sceptical about running another tournament is the freezing and disconnecting issue that happens in CTF, and possibly DM, even though I'm not sure about the latter (ALL HAIL STS FOR BREAKING THEIR ABANDONED GAME!)

Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided. If players freeze at an important part of the match, that is unfortunate, but cannot be helped. A backup player SHOULD be available during ALL matches and be invited into the game immediately after a player disconnects. While the game is 4 vs 5, it will be played normally. IF two players get disconnected from the SAME team (3 vs 5) ALL players must STOP and NOT MOVE until they return.

Anyanka
09-14-2014, 08:06 AM
Reserved

Lorree
09-14-2014, 08:53 AM
Yaaaay ! This will be so crazy ! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Cynnamon
09-14-2014, 10:07 AM
Sounds fun Axa! A lil complicated considering what we went thru with the last tourney (not yours) but I have faith you can pull it off lol
Just to clarify...changing builds in mid game for all rounds is against the rules correct?

FunknGroovn
09-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Sounds like fun may not last long but I'll try :)

Anyanka
09-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Sounds fun Axa! A lil complicated considering what we went thru with the last tourney (not yours) but I have faith you can pull it off lol
Just to clarify...changing builds in mid game for all rounds is against the rules correct?

Cynnaaaaaaa its not complicated, its FUN!
If you mean spending plat, then no, if you mean switching gems, then thats allowed, since it only takes a few seconds

doomdoomdoom
09-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Thanks for organizing! Do you have a deadline for registration?

Anyanka
09-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks for organizing! Do you have a deadline for registration?

No, no deadline, but its been several days and based on what people have been telling me ingame I don't think anyone is interested in joining.

Since we won't get 4 teams, I'm closing this tournament. I guess DL players didn't want a tournament after all, or just wanted one on their terms, in which case they should just run their own. Since coming up with this tournament only ended up on getting demands and rude comments, apologies, but I won't be running another one.

Thanks for posting though.

doomdoomdoom
09-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Awww....sorry to hear that. I know people in my guild were excited and working on forming a team for it. Please let me know if you end up getting more positive feedback and interest and decide to run it.

Thanks for trying. ^_^

Anyanka
09-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Awww....sorry to hear that. I know people in my guild were excited and working on forming a team for it. Please let me know if you end up getting more positive feedback and interest and decide to run it.

Thanks for trying. ^_^

Well to be honest if 5-6 teams register then I'll run it, I just don't see it happening. So you can still post your team I guess.

Ana Oniwaris
09-22-2014, 05:45 AM
Hey Anxi its me Mocah dont loose hope keep it up..... You are great Game Organizer :):):)