PDA

View Full Version : Information on different types of archers.

Thedexarcher
01-24-2011, 11:44 PM
First off I'd like to explain to new players on what different type of archers there are. They can be Pure Dex archer, Warbird and Dual Spec. I will explain these types of archers as clearly as I can, and the advantages and disadvantages.

Pure Dex Archers:
A Pure Dex archer is when you equip every single one of your skill points to Dexterity.
The advantage of having pure dex is that you'll have an edge in PvP because you can shoot from a range. It also help when your facing bosses/megabosses because you can use the range of your weapon to your advantage eg, Elite Shadow Cave bosses, its really hard to kill the boss when he has his minions beside him, you line your target up to the minions and shoot, 1 will come out and your team will kill him. This process is really helpful when you facing and extremly hard boss which has lots of minions.

The disadvatage of having Pure Dex is that when your in PvP you get K.O pretty quick with only 501 health. To protect yourself from getting continous K.O, it is vitally important that you raise Evasion skill to 5 so you have a high chance of dodging. This helps in both PvP and PvE. When your doing Victory Lap OL (Overlord), he'll attack and your health will do down by 1/3 each time he lands when you have Tanker's Melee Elexir's on, you'll need to rapidly tap your health potions in order to survive.

I have an archer that is pure dex and the best set of weapons is the Void set or the Sentinel set or maybe even the sunblessed bow with Wraith Armour of the Void.

Warbirds:
A warbird is an archer that can only use STR weapons. The skill points are up to your liking. The advantage of having a warbird is that it can strike from a distance. eg. Your 4 shots, Break Armour, Repulse Shot, Blinding Shot and Blast Shot. It can also strike at close range with your STR weapons. Lastly, warbirds in PvP are pretty nasty because they can strike from any range. They also, have a decent amount of health so it won't get K.O pretty quick. In my opinion a warbird looks the coolest especially with Rift set on.

The disadvantage of having a warbird in PvP is that when it's up against Pure Dex Archer, they strike from a range and then come in closer to use their combo. The most annoying thing in PvP is that some Pure Dex archers shoot from a range and run in circles at the sametime. Warbird aren't Bears so they cant use Beackoned to drag the enemy in. In PvE, the disadvantage is that it can't lure enemies in, you have to run in to lure enemies in, that'll end up luring a couple of enemies or even a Boss in.

I've never created a warbird class but my brother has. Maybe in the future I will consider on creating a warbird.

Dual Specs:
A dual spec is an Archer or Bear that can use both STR and DEX weapons.
The advantage of having a dual bird is that it can use both STR and DEX weapons. Also, it'll have a decent amount of health in order not to get a K.O. You can still lure enemies in with the range of it's weapon but, it'll have to stand closer because it doesn't have the range of a Pure Dex Archer.

The disadvantage of having a dual spec is that you'll have to spend double the amount of money on weapons. eg, buying both Rift and Void set. Also, you'll need to purchase the Swamprat set which raises +7 STR and purchase the Copperhead set +7 DEX. Sometimes the the weapon will lack in range when you need to lure an enemy in because their isn't enough dexterity.

I hope that this information has showed players on what archer types they would like to choose, If you liked it leave a comment. If you think I'm missing something leave a comment, I'm more than welcome to read it.

-Thedexarcher