PDA

View Full Version : PL Has gone down

Bazinga!
09-15-2014, 10:37 AM
I really like Pl but recently everything has been pretty disappointing.
1. If you had to make a cap you coulda made it 81. A mini cap sounded like you just wanted to fix the pvp stuff and now mages r op.
2. Even if it is 77, the cap is pretty disappointing. Its just a remake of Sandstone Caves with overpowered mobs, even the gear is same just different names. If ur intention was to make people play the game longer, you dont have to make it tough, just interesting. How you make it interesting is up to you.
3.Now NativeX is gone. Its not your fault but atleast you could give free respecs while its down. Or you could have offers on trialpay that actually work...
4. If you cant come up with something original. Ask us to think of something. There are a lot of creative ppl here.

Teksiin
09-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Good post.

Apa
09-15-2014, 11:12 AM
None of that even matters anymore. I was on PL today and I felt a decrease in the pl community. There aren't as many people anymore. As soon as I log on I just feel like logging off. No friends on.., theres not really anyone to talk to. Scammers and ToS breakers have taken over. I really could care less about the content. But right now it feels like PL is slowly reaching its end point. Eventually it'll end up like SL and DL. For me, I'm slowly taking steps and moving on to new things now.
And seriously, if you aren't happy with the game don't play it. I'm not happy with it, so I found better things to do. And you.. should do the same.

Bazinga!
09-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Good point Apa. This is exactly why the PL community has decreased. But unless theyre shutting the game down eventually, why arent they doing anything about these stuff. If they are shutting it down they could at least make an announcement that theyre not gonna update it anymore.

Chopper
09-15-2014, 02:12 PM
None of that even matters anymore. I was on PL today and I felt a decrease in the pl community. There aren't as many people anymore. As soon as I log on I just feel like logging off. No friends on.., theres not really anyone to talk to. Scammers and ToS breakers have taken over. I really could care less about the content. But right now it feels like PL is slowly reaching its end point. Eventually it'll end up like SL and DL. For me, I'm slowly taking steps and moving on to new things now.
And seriously, if you aren't happy with the game don't play it. I'm not happy with it, so I found better things to do. And you.. should do the same.

well said. I had stopped playing but tried again when the new cap came out. Finding out players took advantage of the pet glitch and got free bonuses for capping just one character kind of took the enthusiasm away for capping each of my characters. Now I'm debating whether it's worth the looong grind to 300k or just stop playing. Things have been bad for a while.

Burstnuke
09-15-2014, 03:16 PM
1. If you had to make a cap you coulda made it 81. A mini cap sounded like you just wanted to fix the pvp stuff and now mages r op.
2. Even if it is 77, the cap is pretty disappointing. Its just a remake of Sandstone Caves with overpowered mobs, even the gear is same just different names. If ur intention was to make people play the game longer, you dont have to make it tough, just interesting. How you make it interesting is up to you.
3.Now NativeX is gone. Its not your fault but atleast you could give free respecs while its down. Or you could have offers on trialpay that actually work...
4. If you cant come up with something original. Ask us to think of something. There are a lot of creative ppl here.

Did you just call mages Op? :stupid:

Trollish
09-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Did you just call mages Op? :stupid:

Exactly what I was thinking.,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenLord
09-15-2014, 06:18 PM
Maybe if we used a full restore the game will become healthy ;)

GreenLord
09-15-2014, 06:49 PM
And I'm sure the devs are going to surprise us by adding a large content update, like a few new items, a class, or a mini expansion...the ancient caverns expansion at least sparked many players.....

Apa
09-15-2014, 07:03 PM
And I'm sure the devs are going to surprise us by adding a large content update, like a few new items, a class, or a mini expansion...the ancient caverns expansion at least sparked many players.....

You are dreaming

GreenLord
09-15-2014, 07:12 PM
You are dreaming

Its called optimism :D

Mothwing
09-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Would you rather have people still complaining about elite rings? Be thankful that we got something, it's better than no cap. All we can do is wait and see what they do. Complaining on the forums won't get you anywhere; if you really want to support the game and bring PL back to its glory, buy platinum. It's obvious why AL gets all the attention, so I really don't understand the people that are like, "Ya, I refuse to buy platinum because the updates suck." If you used brain power you would realize that just makes it worse.

Reunegade
09-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Would you rather have people still complaining about elite rings? Be thankful that we got something, it's better than no cap. All we can do is wait and see what they do. Complaining on the forums won't get you anywhere; if you really want to support the game and bring PL back to its glory, buy platinum. It's obvious why AL gets all the attention, so I really don't understand the people that are like, "Ya, I refuse to buy platinum because the updates suck." If you used brain power you would realize that just makes it worse.
I commend your optimism, but PL will never recover. Buying platinum wont help because 1. AL will always be more updated, it having 10x more players and more money rolling in 2. Nothing to spend platinum on (at least not as much as AL) and 3. The money will be used to fund AL.

CrimsonTider
09-15-2014, 08:05 PM

If you only understood how much some of us spent only to see it all go to AL and the new "strategy" games, you might change your tune. I could blow your mind if I showed you what I spent (willingly) on PL. Thing is, I know others who spent a ton more than I did. A product which doesn't show a return in investment is no longer a product worth investing in. Us old, grumpy people realized this and parted ways before the bottom officially fell out.

Mothwing
09-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I commend your optimism, but PL will never recover. Buying platinum wont help because 1. AL will always be more updated, it having 10x more players and more money rolling in 2. Nothing to spend platinum on (at least not as much as AL) and 3. The money will be used to fund AL.

So you're saying that even if PL matched AL's platinum purchases, STS would continue to fund and focus on AL because they simply "care more about it?" That makes absolutely no sense from a business standpoint, and last time I checked STS is a business.

And how can they provide content to spend platinum on when nobody is buying platinum to support the game. And your last point is irrelevant; STS will fund whatever game has the biggest business. It's pretty obvious if you check Doc's update timeline and compare it to the release of other games, the exception being AL because for some reason everybody likes that game. As Doc or someone else said on the thread, the games see the most attention during their prime, or when they were first released. We saw this for SL when it was released as well as DL. So if PL suddenly became more popular, I can guarantee you we would see more updates.

And yes I like to stay optimistic with the game I've been playing for 3-4 years of my life.

Mothwing
09-15-2014, 08:12 PM
If you only understood how much some of us spent only to see it all go to AL and the new "strategy" games, you might change your tune. I could blow your mind if I showed you what I spent (willingly) on PL. Thing is, I know others who spent a ton more than I did. A product which doesn't show a return in investment is no longer a product worth investing in. Us old, grumpy people realized this and parted ways before the bottom officially fell out.

Understood, but at least we got updates. The time between BSM and AC was insane.

And I believe the amount of money that you spent, but I think that the number of people that play the game also matters. I bet you that not everybody on AL spends hundreds of dollars on platinum. If they do, we have bigger problems...

syxx
09-15-2014, 08:57 PM
its called, if you dont like it leave...

That simple buddy

Oxymoron
09-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Its really tough being a dev now, everyday he/she has to read so many negative things about the game they created and maintains. Seems they can do no right. Does everyone really think reusing but renaming maps, gears takes no effort? Renaming the loots and making sure they drop correctly plus upgrading the mobs takes no time? Im sure even simple thing as making sure they drop properly is not a simple thing given their limited resources.

Way i see it is simple,

1) spenders - be glad we had something new to do, n capped b4 most n wearing new gears that most can only wish for. Admit it, whats the price for strutting around with new lustrous sets n everyone goes ahhing or oohing? Its priceless.
And like everything else in this world, u are free to spend your money in any way u want, nobody forced u to buy platinums. Not happy? Spend somewhere else.

2) non spenders - u got this game and all related contents for free, it wont matter to u if its PL, AL,BL,CL,DL, EL etc. dont like it here? Go somewhere else, plenty of free contents available elsewhere, just stop your unsponsored whinings.

3) devs - i honestly feel u are doing a great job with your limited resources. Of cos i love frequent updates but i dont mind waiting. Just do what u have to do. Real pocket legenders will always stay to support u guys, thanks.

Have a nice day everyone, especially the good people at STG.

Bazinga!
09-15-2014, 10:40 PM
I don't understand your point. Why would people spend on a game that theyre not getting satisfied with? First there has to be a good update and then the money will come.

Mothwing
09-15-2014, 10:42 PM
I don't understand your point. Why would people spend on a game that theyre not getting satisfied with? First there has to be a good update and then the money will come.

Obviously you did not read my above posts.

Bazinga!
09-15-2014, 10:49 PM
@Oxymoron STS had to wait 2 years to make the worst update ever. The point is they are complaining about not getting enough money and theyre not putting any good stuff. So where will the money come from. This cap is definitely just another scheme to make money. Think about it. Everyone wants new stuff. Theres a new pet. Theres a new cap. The required xp is 300k. Do you know how long it would take without constantly spending plat for elixirs? Theres a reason its 300K. A lot of ppl have capped. None that i know without plat. The last best update is probably the daily blessing or maybe Humania. Humania was bettter than BSM to be honest.

Bazinga!
09-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Understood, but at least we got updates. The time between BSM and AC was insane.

And I believe the amount of money that you spent, but I think that the number of people that play the game also matters. I bet you that not everybody on AL spends hundreds of dollars on platinum. If they do, we have bigger problems...

People dont stay just because "atleast we got a new update". It wasnt upto the mark and people are leaving.

Mothwing
09-15-2014, 11:07 PM
@Oxymoron STS had to wait 2 years to make the worst update ever. The point is they are complaining about not getting enough money and theyre not putting any good stuff. So where will the money come from. This cap is definitely just another scheme to make money. Think about it. Everyone wants new stuff. Theres a new pet. Theres a new cap. The required xp is 300k. Do you know how long it would take without constantly spending plat for elixirs? Theres a reason its 300K. A lot of ppl have capped. None that i know without plat. The last best update is probably the daily blessing or maybe Humania. Humania was bettter than BSM to be honest.

Im not sure what you base your statements on besides pure opinion. The last best update in my opinion was sewers because the gear was actually balanced and the community was A LOT more friendly back then; many people would agree with this, at least from a PVP standpoint.

Concerning the lack of orginality, I wouldn't expect STS to invest countless hours into designing a new cap when AL brings in what, twice the money? This brings me back to my original point; the game with the most revenue will get the most attention from STS. When the PL community started to decline and STS designed more and more games, the update quality became worse and, respectively, people quit as an effect. So not only are people moving to new games and turning STS's attention elsewhere, there are also people quitting altogether (more specifically not buying platinum) which doubled the rate of PL's decline.

To simplify my point: You're a shoe business. You have one super popular pair of running shoes that brings in 85% of your revenue. You have a second, less popular pair of basketball shoes that brings in the other 15%. So, from a business standpoint, would you invest your time and money into the mediocre pair? Or would you focus your business on the pair that brings in all your money?

Money aside, you can't disagree that when PL was popular (or when AL was not out), we got a steady quality of new updates at a frequent release rate. Or simply put, we got better caps in shorter time.

Ok, if you agree, then look at when AL was released. BSM has been the longest cap and arguably the worst in quality in terms of balance. So, do you really think it's STS's side? Or the people that play the games and support the more popular one? We are simply a test by STS to see which game they need to put their efforts into.

iceQueen69
09-15-2014, 11:32 PM

Moth literally pays $50/week on plat so he can buy families of dragons.

Oldcoot
09-16-2014, 01:53 AM
It's inevitable, everything starts dieing the moment it's born.
Coots wisdom #37

Zylx
09-16-2014, 01:58 AM
People are slowly losing interest in AL. I'm amazed that there are people still interested in this game after 4 years.

Darkterror
09-16-2014, 09:50 AM
The problem is that they gotta gamble it. For example- If i dont see new content. i dont buy plat. If i see new content i do buy plat. but not untill i see new content. So its hard for devs to decide....if they leave the group with no update they will want one so bad that they will pay. Thats why the long wait on PL last 77 update. To make sure you guys pay. And the trialpay thing for free plat...im glad is off so you guys buy real plat and dont leak it for free. I gotta also agree that this was a bad update, the sets still dont make much difference between savage and swift can still instakill anything....the elite EGG should be OBSOLETE by now. The new sets can barely fight an egg.

RaNciDz
09-26-2014, 12:26 PM
lol no elite stuff for this new cap ... HUH !!

Soulcentral
09-27-2014, 04:30 AM
I too feel that the Pocket Legends Community has decreased significantly.
I still remember back in the day...oh the nostalgia :'( . Logging on just so i could play, talk and meet with an abundant of new people in the little pocket legend world that is was.

runnnnn
09-27-2014, 05:11 AM
Pl is even worse now this cap was just meant to help the new players who cried about rings ect..no more money spent here im not even gonna cap ill play clash of clans now oh well rip pl

Soulcentral
09-27-2014, 05:22 AM
Pl is even worse now this cap was just meant to help the new players who cried about rings ect..no more money spent here im not even gonna cap ill play clash of clans now oh well rip pl

Woooh yeahhh on wait nevermind .... Clash.. Of .. Bored.. Tapping... Anywho! Lets Celebrate the positives! Ummm yeah, free respecs and x2 exp days :)

Oh well, I still love old games :)

runnnnn
09-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Nty