PDA

View Full Version : Arena discussion

karrdath
09-15-2014, 03:40 PM
This is ridiculous. I don't know if this is a bug but 1 min enrage. ...? We had full party all mythic 1elon gun arcane staff and elon bow and barely made boss half hp. This will also exclude tanks being invited to arena runs.This needs to be over looked.

matanofx
09-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Once my shield was down, enraged boss blew on me and i dieded

Chrisaetoshawker
09-15-2014, 03:45 PM
It's been a while since test server ends, they are already about to release

karrdath
09-15-2014, 03:48 PM
Makes it completely impossible for legendary geared players

Ssneakykills
09-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Eh I get one hit every time.. The damage needs to be down scaled a bit I'm full mythic too

ueveotadeo
09-15-2014, 03:59 PM
crazy difitult in there!

j3peaz
09-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Maybe it is scaled for next level cap.

That said it should be difficult somewhat. Idk how difficult as I haven't got to attempt it yet

Zeus
09-15-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm a rogue with 5k hp, 1695 armor and near max damage and although I'm usually the last to fall in my party, I still get one hit!!!

Titanfall
09-15-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm a rogue with 5k hp, 1695 armor and near max damage and although I'm usually the last to fall in my party, I still get one hit!!!

See STS, Even the God of arlor himself gets one hit.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

KingMartin
09-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Insane. No plat on this. Never.

Hadec
09-15-2014, 05:06 PM
God rogue died.nuff said

karrdath
09-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Insane. No plat on this. Never.
Yes in 2 run which we didn't even complete I used 10 plat. I will not spend any more.

Leprechaun
09-15-2014, 05:28 PM
1.I guess they wanna make their ankhs worthwhile, ankhs price would probably be sky high.. 2. Probably new equipments coming out to suit the arena standard

Leprechaun
09-15-2014, 05:30 PM
God rogue died.nuff said

Haha, you r referring to... XD

ClumsyCactus
09-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Remi has already Done a run in arena, and will talk with devs about it.
(In case someone didnt know)

Xorrior
09-15-2014, 05:53 PM
It's prob geared up for next expansion+

It is extremely hard as of yet, and you'll need a world of ankhs and plat to make it pass the first boss.

I'm a hardcore tank and bloodhammer easily swipes 75% of my health in one hit. Then along comes another boss and all those spiders, they tore me up in less than 10 seconds. Pugs where just giving up left, right and centre!

I tell ya who's to blame, it's all those guys that did beta with arcane rings and arcane pets, who replied here in the forums that beta arena was easy, so guess what , Yup Devs cranked it up!

Amadorbibidor
09-15-2014, 05:54 PM

Holy macaroli you are a rogutank. Bless me Zeus god @@. No really you have more hp than a lot of hellish/tarlok warrior users lmfao

joydhillon
09-15-2014, 06:07 PM
And when we said "boss is difficult" in test server, evryone had to say increase health of bosses.
Glad they didnt inc health, but the dmg is scaled to more than level 41.
Even globs secondary rush slaps are one hits for warriors.

Anarchist
09-15-2014, 06:08 PM
I hope there are no glitches on the loot tables cause only few can control now.
Also expecting a nerf on the arena.
More strategic bosses =/= One hit.

obee
09-15-2014, 06:27 PM
People were complaining that test server was too easy, now the actual thing is too hard... Lol

Rhaindra
09-15-2014, 06:32 PM
All bosses with Helena's HP. :(

Amadorbibidor
09-15-2014, 06:43 PM
All bosses with Helena's HP. :(

I always wished to have Helena as companion.. Do you think it will happen? ~(=^-^=)~

Rhaindra
09-15-2014, 06:45 PM
I always wished to have Helena as companion.. Do you think it will happen? ~(=^-^=)~
Haha..I'll buy for 200M ..

Arachnophobik
09-15-2014, 09:58 PM
It's prob geared up for next expansion+

It is extremely hard as of yet, and you'll need a world of ankhs and plat to make it pass the first boss.

I'm a hardcore tank and bloodhammer easily swipes 75% of my health in one hit. Then along comes another boss and all those spiders, they tore me up in less than 10 seconds. Pugs where just giving up left, right and centre!

I tell ya who's to blame, it's all those guys that did beta with arcane rings and arcane pets, who replied here in the forums that beta arena was easy, so guess what , Yup Devs cranked it up!

Thats the problem. People were given a chance to test the arena but instead farmed lockeds, begged for arcane rings and did pvp.

GoodSyntax
09-15-2014, 11:17 PM
I blame testing. No tester ran this new arena with regular toons. If they did, then they never got a chance to test bosses 2-4.....

I ran arena in the betas and what we see here isn't what was available in beta.

Beta was more challenging than the old arena but not significantly more challenging. I don't have an issue with making it more difficult, but it has to be realistic/achievable or the final loot has to be outstanding..... After 3 completed runs, this is neither realistically achievable nor is the loot even worth the price of pots. I can get the same junk loot off of any elite Tindirin mob...actually its better off of your average mob because you aren't using hundreds of pots and dozens upon dozens of plat to get a lv41 epic helm of junk worth 10g when liquidated.

Candylicks
09-16-2014, 12:01 AM
They nerfed it. We were running 6 min consistent once game came back up. It's too easy ....,

supersyan
09-16-2014, 02:26 AM
Platinum Arena

GoodSyntax
09-16-2014, 02:34 AM
They nerfed it. We were running 6 min consistent once game came back up. It's too easy ....,

Only with elixirs. I thought the same thing and went back in solo. Got one hit by Stahl, BH and Ferrix pools, Vortex and Smoke. With combo, a good party, and some revives, 6 mins is what we were doing. Without combo/DMG reduction, we were on the strugglebus to platsville.

mommyjane
09-16-2014, 02:35 AM
been in a full arcane ring users pt, 2 rogues were using combo elix, but wth! it took ages to kill one boss. i died more than i couldt hit the boss. zzz
reviving using plat or ankh is useless.
and the loot? noble armor legendary :) is anybody still using noble nowadays? GF

Dex Scene
09-16-2014, 02:42 AM
I woke up.
INTERNET data plan was finished. Recharged my plan. Downloaded new AL client. Updated the game.
Was so happy New arena.
But Lol.
Funny entrance.
Smaller arena. Hard to move when its rutger and his 4 clones in poison cloud patch.
The arena is Very hard. Boss's HP damage and Armor have been increased too i think (correct me if im wrong).
Stg want us to burn Anks. Nuff said.

Left arena. Back to normal / elite maps.

Xorrior
09-16-2014, 05:04 AM
One thing I found funny about people testing the arena was.....they were opening locks instead! WTH! Wasting time opening locks in beta LOL

Chrisaetoshawker
09-16-2014, 05:27 AM
I love challenges that I can't even try;)

Candylicks
09-16-2014, 05:42 AM
Only with elixirs. I thought the same thing and went back in solo. Got one hit by Stahl, BH and Ferrix pools, Vortex and Smoke. With combo, a good party, and some revives, 6 mins is what we were doing. Without combo/DMG reduction, we were on the strugglebus to platsville.

We'll have to run today. You don't think it's nerfed? I mean, it seemed sooooo easy. Oh and so we ran it 6 times and when I opened my crates I finally got a pink and it was ........ architect! LOL. They were supposed to remove that after test. And yep you were right about the CS bug too. Heh. It's a party for sure.

Anarchist
09-16-2014, 06:35 AM
Tried a run earlier decently geared party of mythics nothing special and we ran it fairly well. 4-7 deaths for each run is acceptable for me cause of the potential reward.
Pugs unfortunately can't run this and its fundamental you have ankhs. Damage elixir popped on rogues will only do good.

GoodSyntax
09-16-2014, 06:39 AM
We'll have to run today. You don't think it's nerfed? I mean, it seemed sooooo easy. Oh and so we ran it 6 times and when I opened my crates I finally got a pink and it was ........ architect! LOL. They were supposed to remove that after test. And yep you were right about the CS bug too. Heh. It's a party for sure.

I'll test it again today when I get to the office. Perhaps my reflexes were way off (it was 3 AM).

And no pinks out of a dozen chests, but I am looting Noble armors, lv41. Not that they are worth anything though

joydhillon
09-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Nobles and architects. @.@
Give me a reason to run the arena lol

Anarchist
09-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Nobles and architects. @.@
Give me a reason to run the arena lol

Just for the Lols

Dermuti
09-16-2014, 07:24 AM
This Arena is crap for nonhighendpls sorry. Have 3500 lp, mythic ring and amulett and Stahl needs one arrow to kill my sorc with full shield. I have NEVER a chance to survive and can stay out in future now. No doubts...The old Arena was much better. There I lost at least max one fight from three, but since yesterday i lost every fight immediately. Also the ptmembers...nobody survived
Im out of arena...

bronyaur
09-16-2014, 08:07 AM
I don't mind a challenge but it is impossible to win in this arena.I keep getting killed one shot style. My armor is 2067 and my health 6400.No fun at all.Everyone else is experiencing the same thing.Please make it a more reasonable challenge for everyone otherwise 99% of players will not visit arena anymore.

utpal
09-16-2014, 09:11 AM
idk y people complaining lol. this is new planar arena. it is supposed to be harder then elite tindirin. people need to be maxed out WITH ELIXIRS with one good tank. elite tindirin is not hard, a rogue can solo it.
also introduction of arcane fossil loot and tradable revive kits, ankhs, I think it is balanced.

about one shot bosses, rogues and mages are supposed to get one shot. nice that rogues are getting one shot. they will need good warrior.
yeah u rogues and mages will be able to solo this arena but after 2season.

now don't cry being one hitted, invite a tank to ur party, gear up more and use elixirs. and goodluck getting Arcane fossil.

from,
a warrior that got ignored in shuyal arena in season 4 for not having mythic set.

Zuorsyra
09-16-2014, 09:21 AM
idk y people complaining lol. this is new planar arena. it is supposed to be harder then elite tindirin. people need to be maxed out WITH ELIXIRS with one good tank. elite tindirin is not hard, a rogue can solo it.
also introduction of arcane fossil loot and tradable revive kits, ankhs, I think it is balanced.

about one shot bosses, rogues and mages are supposed to get one shot. nice that rogues are getting one shot. they will need good warrior.

now don't cry being one hitted, invite a tank to ur party, gear up more and use elixirs. and goodluck getting Arcane fossil.

from,
a warrior that got ignored in shuyal arena in season 4 for not having mythic set.
Lmao a rogue can solo elite Tindirin?
And I bet you haven't tried the new arena yet...

utpal
09-16-2014, 09:21 AM
I don't mind a challenge but it is impossible to win in this arena.I keep getting killed one shot style. My armor is 2067 and my health 6400.No fun at all.Everyone else is experiencing the same thing.Please make it a more reasonable challenge for everyone otherwise 99% of players will not visit arena anymore.

well, this is wat arena is. its not for everyone.
this arena are for those people who got bored of elite tindirins (coz those were like normals for them).

u can't just win with pink gears and pink pets lol. otherwise whats the difference between maxed out mythic/arcane users and legendary.

if u find this arena hard, then go farm elite golden dragonscale chest and loot a shard first. then think of planar arena.

Sorcerie
09-16-2014, 09:28 AM
We'll have to run today. You don't think it's nerfed? I mean, it seemed sooooo easy. Oh and so we ran it 6 times and when I opened my crates I finally got a pink and it was ........ architect! LOL. They were supposed to remove that after test. And yep you were right about the CS bug too. Heh. It's a party for sure.I wanna see you go in pure and then we'll talk about difficulty, Can. It's OOC, you'll see.

utpal
09-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Lmao a rogue can solo elite Tindirin?
And I bet you haven't tried the new arena yet...

hmmm. u dnt seem much experienced yet.
and u r new to forum.
welcome to AL forum.

hercthegod
09-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Holy macaroli you are a rogutank. Bless me Zeus god @@. No really you have more hp than a lot of hellish/tarlok warrior users lmfao

A level 41 tank with hellish has 5.2k hp lol

Ign: Manipulativ

Zuorsyra
09-16-2014, 09:34 AM
this arena are for those people who got bored of elite tindirins (coz those were like normals for them).

u can't just win with pink gears and pink pets lol. otherwise whats the difference between maxed out mythic/arcane users and legendary.

if u find this arena hard, then go farm elite golden dragonscale chest and loot a shard first. then think of planar arena.
Are you telling me that sts replaced the old arena, that was meant also for pink gear players (so reasonably hard thus not impossible) with a new insane difficulty one, only for full arcane plat buyers?

Zuorsyra
09-16-2014, 09:41 AM
hmmm. u dnt seem much experienced yet.
and u r new to forum.
welcome to AL forum.
Lol I'm not the only one complaining.. I assume you deem whoever is complaining not experienced yet right? Including all those full mythic/arcane players? Cuz you know not only legendary noobs here are having issues with this new arena thing.
And yes I'm new to the forums but I've been playing for a while.. ;-)

Dermuti
09-16-2014, 09:46 AM
The tanks can not block the arrows? Thats new? Sry but this is definitely not correct, we had perfect pt yesterday with a big tank inside. The result was permanently the same. One shot and dead. The tank plays some minutes alone, used INCREDIBLE much pots and died also. This is only to spent lot s of plat, not with my guys. If this is the permanently philosophie from STF I will buy a new PS4 for this money an leave game. No prob...;-) And instead of buffing sorcs STS give them asskicks with every Update.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-16-2014, 09:48 AM
No matter what or how sts does there will always be someone complaining

Chrisaetoshawker
09-16-2014, 09:51 AM

from,

But you would still get hit even when you're with a good tank...
Maybe you want warriors to solo arena
I assume that you haven't played old arena before.
You should know that mages and rouges still need pots when tanks are around

xbluethunderx
09-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Is it still possible to meet the replacement challenger in this arena?

Sakurahb
09-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes

Onur Altun
09-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Planar arena bosses very hard i think bosses level 75 very bad results :(

xbluethunderx
09-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Yes

Thanks. I thought the app would still be achievable but needed verification :)

Arachnophobik
09-16-2014, 12:22 PM

If ankhs didnt cost 75k, i wud farm the arena regardless of how many times i would die

Bigboyblue
09-16-2014, 12:44 PM
So what are people suppose to do who aren't fully geared at endgame? You can't do pvp, you can't do arena. So either pop locks until you are arcane or quit the game? It's pretty sad when even pve is too difficult for your average toon.

utpal
09-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Lol I'm not the only one complaining.. I assume you deem whoever is complaining not experienced yet right? Including all those full mythic/arcane players? Cuz you know not only legendary noobs here are having issues with this new arena thing.
And yes I'm new to the forums but I've been playing for a while.. ;-)

lol. having full arcanes and mythics doesn't mean pro or experienced. that's just an advantage.

the current situation is same as shuyal arena in season4. but this planar arena has lil more OP bosses due to these recent changes like SnS buff, bulwark buff, singe buff and tradable elixirs and most important thing is that the loot table of the Master chest has Arcane fossil.
So one has to fully prepared with maxed out gears (e.g. fir warrior 7k hp and 2.3k-2.5k armour) with appropiate elix

difficulty of arena also maybe due to flooding of arcane rings and other arcane things coz of plat farming.

GoodSyntax
09-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Managed a solo arena run....very, very tough!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?123334-lt-ELITE-RUNNERS-gt-Recruiting-Again!&p=1828782&viewfull=1#post1828782

utpal
09-16-2014, 03:34 PM
But you would still get hit even when you're with a good tank...
Maybe you want warriors to solo arena
I assume that you haven't played old arena before.
You should know that mages and rouges still need pots when tanks are around

I played old arena when it released. it was hard then. now it's easy. same like new arena is hard, after 2season.it will be easy. and FYI m.a tank with legendary gear having stats 6.3k HP and 2.4k armour with lvl41magma will.

well, people seems to try solo new arena like the old arena LOL that's the problem.

and m not going to new arena 2nd time without getting bulwark :)

this is same.like old arena whem we were in season4

mlb2005
09-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Managed a solo arena run....very, very tough!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?123334-lt-ELITE-RUNNERS-gt-Recruiting-Again!&p=1828782&viewfull=1#post1828782

How many deaths?

Zuorsyra
09-16-2014, 03:41 PM
lol. having full arcanes and mythics doesn't mean pro or experienced. that's just an advantage.

the current situation is same as shuyal arena in season4. but this planar arena has lil more OP bosses due to these recent changes like SnS buff, bulwark buff, singe buff and tradable elixirs and most important thing is that the loot table of the Master chest has Arcane fossil.
So one has to fully prepared with maxed out gears (e.g. fir warrior 7k hp and 2.3k-2.5k armour) with appropiate elix

difficulty of arena also maybe due to flooding of arcane rings and other arcane things coz of plat farming.
Read the comment above yours, I totally agree with what Bigboyblue said

Amadorbibidor
09-16-2014, 04:03 PM
A level 41 tank with hellish has 5.2k hp lol

Lol they have 4,8k :) belive me :D also armor is kinda 1,5k or 1,4k.

mlb2005
09-16-2014, 04:04 PM
After a few more attempts its definately not a doable situation for me in legendary gear. Just back to grinding for more gold until I can afford better gear.

Dex Scene
09-16-2014, 05:01 PM

Arena is not just for arcane ring users. Stop being a [edited out] and act that way. Just because you own one arcane ring don't mean you have to be such arrogant.
Arena is not supposed to be for only arcane users. Who told you that?

GoodSyntax
09-16-2014, 07:37 PM
How many deaths?

Only a few (and I didn't plat revive, since I was solo). I think twice on Bloodhammer (normal attacks are way too OP), one on Frostir when he enraged (which meant I had to defeat him enraged the whole time), a Glob death, when Vortex pulled me into his windup.

I'm starting to see some strategies and as counter-intuitive as they may seem, it is helping a lot:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176245-Idea-For-Future-Client-Improved-Auto-Adjustable-PvE&p=1829079#post1829079

I'll do a Commentary/Walkthrough on my Elite Chronicles thread when I have a more robust strategy, but the link above are some of my notes.

utpal
09-16-2014, 10:32 PM
Arena is not just for arcane ring users. Stop being a [edited out] and act that way. Just because you own one arcane ring don't mean you have to be such arrogant.
Arena is not supposed to be for only arcane users. Who told you that?

lol ok. now go do arena with legendary gear party. goodluck getting arcane fossil.
also
m not sounding arrogant but just giving opinion regarding these complaints.

Caabatric
09-16-2014, 11:48 PM
k so the 2% of the al population with arcane rings can play this. The rest need to get an arcane ring by popping elite dragonscale chests...(pls show me one person who looted an arcane ring from these chests).
So this is how arena works:
Rich get Richer
Average either quit or watch in envy as a maxed out tank finishes the arena solo.
Poor quit

Anarchist
09-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Kit.

utpal
09-17-2014, 12:19 AM
k so the 2% of the al population with arcane rings can play this. The rest need to get an arcane ring by popping elite dragonscale chests...(pls show me one person who looted an arcane ring from these chests).
So this is how arena AND PVP works:
Rich get Richer
Average either quit or watch in envy as a maxed out PARTY WITH ELIXIRS finishes the arena.
Poor quit

EDITED.
YES. ARENA AND PVP IS FOR MAXED OUT PLAYERS. ITS SAD TRUTH.
but u can do this arena with legendary gear but after 2seasons :)
to STS,
also there should be easier version of this arena (like elite and hardcore arena mode) so that legendary gear people can hav some fun.

this new arena seems to be like hardcore mode arena atm

Dex Scene
09-17-2014, 12:23 AM
lol ok. now go do arena with legendary gear party. goodluck getting arcane fossil.
also
m not sounding arrogant but just giving opinion regarding these complaints.

I am not doing these with legendary gear Party. Even if i would, there shouldn't be any problem. The game should be fair to everyone. Arena should be doable for any decent gear. Where arcane geared should do it 6-7 mins pink geared people should taks it ages but Still should be doable.
Stop saying Arcane fossil arcane fossil. The drop rate of arcane fossil should be close to impossible not the difficulty of the arena.
These are not complaints, these are feedbacks -.-
And yes you did sound arrogant

utpal
09-17-2014, 12:24 AM
So what are people suppose to do who aren't fully geared at endgame? You can't do pvp, you can't do arena. So either pop locks until you are arcane or quit the game? It's pretty sad when even pve is too difficult for your average toon.

those who aren't maxed out can do pvp twink, farm km3, farm old arena, do elite tindirins.

Sakurahb
09-17-2014, 12:55 AM
those who aren't maxed out can do pvp twink, farm km3, farm old arena, do elite tindirins.
Old arena?

utpal
09-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Old arena?

shuyal gladiator arena is old arena. :)
u can get Arcane maul from EGPs.

utpal
09-17-2014, 06:43 AM
I am not doing these with legendary gear Party. Even if i would, there shouldn't be any problem. The game should be fair to everyone. Arena should be doable for any decent gear. Where arcane geared should do it 6-7 mins pink geared people should taks it ages but Still should be doable.
Stop saying Arcane fossil arcane fossil. The drop rate of arcane fossil should be close to impossible not the difficulty of the arena.
These are not complaints, these are feedbacks -.-
And yes you did sound arrogant

lol.

obee
09-17-2014, 06:54 AM
P2W is so stupid, it made me quit. This game is a piece of crap. At least other games listen to user feedback dam

Dex Scene
09-17-2014, 07:17 AM
Lol.
Isn't old arena is replaced by new planner? :)

Zuorsyra
09-17-2014, 08:18 AM

Lol.
You always make it sound like it's easy lol truth is it ain't easy.
Your advice is to farm elite Tindirin but bro... That place is no joke, so stop telling us pink legendary players to go farm in there lol and farming locks in brack or km3 for mythic or arcane is just out of the question... Locks are 5/6k atm, so for mythic armor (1.6/7m) you need approximately 250+ locks I know that's possible but that's just the mythic armor set which is much easier to come by now, but I don't think farming locks is gonna work if you're after arcane ring.
Pvp twinks are all maxed out players lol I don't think a legendary gear endgame player can create a pvp twink account strong enough to compete with the other twinks, made by mythic/arcane endgame players...
And pls stop telling us to try loot a shard by opening elite golden dragonchests cuz looting one that way is not something that happenes everyday just like looting arcane fossil in this new arena, plus elite golden dragonchests are not that easy to find cuz elite tindirin is not for pink gear lol and dragkin teeth from normal tindirin (40 for elite golden chest) are a pain in the neck.
Planar arena SHOULD NOT BE for ARCANE ONLY that's unfair everyone should be able to play this NOW bc why do we have to wait for the next lvl cap in order to play an easier arena?

Candylicks
09-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Only a few (and I didn't plat revive, since I was solo). I think twice on Bloodhammer (normal attacks are way too OP), one on Frostir when he enraged (which meant I had to defeat him enraged the whole time), a Glob death, when Vortex pulled me into his windup.

I'm starting to see some strategies and as counter-intuitive as they may seem, it is helping a lot:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176245-Idea-For-Future-Client-Improved-Auto-Adjustable-PvE&p=1829079#post1829079

I'll do a Commentary/Walkthrough on my Elite Chronicles thread when I have a more robust strategy, but the link above are some of my notes.

This makes me happy. Yeah we all need to work on sharing some strategies so more people can run there. The loot still sort of sucks for all the work you do. You seen any gladiator stuff yet? I did get a helm (lvl 40.. lol) that sold nicely, but seems like they are very rare finds.

GoodSyntax
09-17-2014, 09:34 AM
This makes me happy. Yeah we all need to work on sharing some strategies so more people can run there. The loot still sort of sucks for all the work you do. You seen any gladiator stuff yet? I did get a helm (lvl 40.. lol) that sold nicely, but seems like they are very rare finds.

Getting close to 50 chests - not even a sniff at a pink (and lol@fossil odds). All worthless epics so far. Lots of worthless Noble and Shade gear dropping off of the bosses though - freebies for townies and noobs I suppose, because it certainly isn't worth the listing fee.

I still think arena is a bit too OP. Even with combo, it was a struggle for me (died several times on one-hits, and once from a Vortex Crystal :-/).

I mean, I'm no stranger to tough maps and elites, but with Stahl one-hitting tanks that are not on some kind of elixir, I call that absurd.

When STS is at the point that I can almost solo this pure, then I think we have found some balance. But, pure solos right now simply aren't possible. I had more luck soloing elite Rockhorn before the Tindirin nerf, so that should be some kind of indicator.

Granted, I'm still trying, and working out some strategies, but Stahl and BH in particular infuriate me! Stahl because you can't get to a safe distance away in the arena, because it's so small, and BH because every attack is a killer (when pure, on combo, I can only tank his shell shock attack). Ferrix and Glob, I'm cool with. Ruger's poison is a tad bit too intense, but he is doable if you kite and are smart on how you approach him. Mother is straightforward and difficulty level is kind of determined by the environment. Frostir is good, except for the enraged bug and his annoying ensnaring aura which is too restrictive in certain environments (mushrooms in particular).

As far as environmentals, Vortex shouldn't be one-hitting so regularly, but I am glad that they don't drop as frequently. Stacked smoke is grossly OP, especially if you get stunned by Mother. Stuns in smoke = death. Spiders are fine and there are strategies on how to overcome them. Obelisk is silly and should not be banishable. Also, the obelisk is a targeting magnet, which makes targeting the boss nearly impossible if you are on the top half of the arena. Mushrooms are super aggressive, but I don't have an issue with them, because there are ways to control them.

Honestly, only a few tweaks are needed to attain balance. What we see is pretty close, just tone down the DMG a tiny bit on a few bosses/environments, and I think it's perfect!

hercthegod
09-17-2014, 10:41 AM
P2W is so stupid, it made me quit. This game is a piece of crap. At least other games listen to user feedback dam

You have quit?

alexdroog
09-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Good bye dimensional gladiator ap...
This is not worth it.

spimeslam
09-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Check my post to thread called arena is it worth it?

Anehazaz
09-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Getting close to 50 chests - not even a sniff at a pink (and lol@fossil odds). All worthless epics so far. Lots of worthless Noble and Shade gear dropping off of the bosses though - freebies for townies and noobs I suppose, because it certainly isn't worth the listing fee.

Not a sniff for me either!
The thing with the old arena was that when it was launched it was a good map to farm, every boss having the chance of dropping an elite gold puzzle, which were the newest chests at the time. This one however, you lose money as soon as you step in going through a ridiculous amount of potions etc. Okay, at the end you obtain a master chest which contains, in my case, a pathetic item fit only for the bin. So yeah I'm enjoying the challenge of the new arena but idk how long I will be able to afford to farm there. Whoever had the idea to start creating these chests that can't be traded, shame on you!

utpal
09-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Lol.
Isn't old arena is replaced by new planner? :)

haha. there u are. atleast u laughed.

utpal
09-17-2014, 09:56 PM

kids r always impatient. it's not ur fault.
and which games does listen to feesdbacks?
for me STS listen every possible feedbacks.

utpal
09-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Lol.
You always make it sound like it's easy lol truth is it ain't easy.
Your advice is to farm elite Tindirin but bro... That place is no joke, so stop telling us pink legendary players to go farm in there lol and farming locks in brack or km3 for mythic or arcane is just out of the question... Locks are 5/6k atm, so for mythic armor (1.6/7m) you need approximately 250+ locks I know that's possible but that's just the mythic armor set which is much easier to come by now, but I don't think farming locks is gonna work if you're after arcane ring.
Pvp twinks are all maxed out players lol I don't think a legendary gear endgame player can create a pvp twink account strong enough to compete with the other twinks, made by mythic/arcane endgame players...
And pls stop telling us to try loot a shard by opening elite golden dragonchests cuz looting one that way is not something that happenes everyday just like looting arcane fossil in this new arena, plus elite golden dragonchests are not that easy to find cuz elite tindirin is not for pink gear lol and dragkin teeth from normal tindirin (40 for elite golden chest) are a pain in the neck.
Planar arena SHOULD NOT BE for ARCANE ONLY that's unfair everyone should be able to play this NOW bc why do we have to wait for the next lvl cap in order to play an easier arena?

ik ur frustration. but since u still dnt hav set mythic , farm eggs in low level elites and farm locks. know the market and do merching. set a goal to get mythic set in a week. mythic set r very cheap atm.

Remiem
09-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Hey guys. We're definitely hearing your feedback! Don't worry. Changes and tweaks sometimes take some time. Keep in mind, we have to determine the changes we want to make, then develop them into the game, test, then make live. It's not an instant thing. ;) Please be patient with us while we fine tune the arena. In the meantime, keep an eye on this thread for all of the latest on any changes: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176195-Arcane-Legends-Client-1-2-Live-Updates

GoodSyntax
09-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Not a sniff for me either!
The thing with the old arena was that when it was launched it was a good map to farm, every boss having the chance of dropping an elite gold puzzle, which were the newest chests at the time. This one however, you lose money as soon as you step in going through a ridiculous amount of potions etc. Okay, at the end you obtain a master chest which contains, in my case, a pathetic item fit only for the bin. So yeah I'm enjoying the challenge of the new arena but idk how long I will be able to afford to farm there. Whoever had the idea to start creating these chests that can't be traded, shame on you!
That was my fault most likely. Remember the price of EGPs before arena then after. EGPs were 100k, after arena 25k. Elite farmers lost a boatload.

If EGDs dropped here no one would run Tindirin. And instead of 85-100k, they would be worth 35k.

I also like that the chest is bound. That way you have to earn it! I am not a fan of the single drops which usually yield purples though. And instead of just gladiator gear, add more valuable items. How disappointed was I to get a pink only to realize I got quite possibly the worst variant of armor for a sorc. But I did receive tens of gold to liquidate the junk epics I "looted"

Hadec
09-18-2014, 02:45 AM
arena needs some tweaks eventually

octavos
09-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Makes it completely impossible for legendary geared players

This is how all arenas/game mechanics should be built on (Legendary Gear). from now on...instead of focusing on the top 2% of top geared players. This meaning "legendary gear" is what the majority will have and thats why in the beta testing of arena, I was ONLY using the legendary gear..not the dream gear I wish to have. As for waiting to try arena..i'm unable to try it because of the funding needed..and the deaths people are posting...waist of money IMO.

Now, to be realistic, anytime beta players have a chance to do it again..I suggest buy armor you have in the real game if they do the beta again. So it will not be a surprise when the devs release an expansion. When I was in the beta guild many were asking for money to buy the best gear "Basically begging for items" to test the new arena. So really...it wasn't a test..but a trial of the best gear in the game. <---actually thats a great idea :) leaving a "Trial" version of the full game..that people can buy stuff..it needs to be time capped..but i'm going off on a tangent XD annnnyyyywwaaayyy........

Hey guys. We're definitely hearing your feedback! Don't worry. Changes and tweaks sometimes take some time. Keep in mind, we have to determine the changes we want to make, then develop them into the game, test, then make live. It's not an instant thing. ;) Please be patient with us while we fine tune the arena. In the meantime, keep an eye on this thread for all of the latest on any changes: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176195-Arcane-Legends-Client-1-2-Live-Updates
as for this I'll wait, thx for the update...but this is your game and mechanics, so ill do what ghosts do best.....wait :ghost:

FluffNStuff
09-18-2014, 09:55 AM
That was my fault most likely. Remember the price of EGPs before arena then after. EGPs were 100k, after arena 25k. Elite farmers lost a boatload.

If EGDs dropped here no one would run Tindirin. And instead of 85-100k, they would be worth 35k.

I also like that the chest is bound. That way you have to earn it! I am not a fan of the single drops which usually yield purples though. And instead of just gladiator gear, add more valuable items. How disappointed was I to get a pink only to realize I got quite possibly the worst variant of armor for a sorc. But I did receive tens of gold to liquidate the junk epics I "looted"
I just fell out of my chair!

Zuorsyra
09-18-2014, 10:36 AM
ik ur frustration. but since u still dnt hav set mythic , farm eggs in low level elites and farm locks. know the market and do merching. set a goal to get mythic set in a week. mythic set r very cheap atm.

Mythic armor set is NOT beyond my reach. arcane or lvl 41 mythic weapons are hard to come by especially for the 95% of all players in the game and that's the only gear fit for this arena just mythic armor is not enough and I don't think farming kettle eggs in elite brack will be enough to make enough money for arcane ring lol
And pls stop being so arrogant ��

Avshow
09-19-2014, 02:30 AM
i think it;s ok........do not make arena too easy........

Jirikjurasek
09-19-2014, 07:34 AM
Is there some feedback after nerf tomorrow?
Arena should give lots of profitable loot. There are plenty of druid gear which is almost similar to gladiators gear. I wonīt pay 2 mil. for 23 armor and 15 HP

Dont forget that halloween event comes in month with far better gear again. So if arena isnīt profitable now, after month anyone know that some arena exist

Candylicks
09-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Loot is still terrible.

It's fun though to play.

GoodSyntax
09-19-2014, 01:59 PM
I only have three issues....

1) Frostir snare area is OP, OP, OP!
2) When Frostir enrages, and the party wipes, he stays enraged, doesn't reset like he should.
3) Too many mushrooms! Plus they're targetable, so really make a run chaotic!

Other than that, I did notice a dramatic increase in speed when bosses are enraged. Nice work STS!

And yeah, if anything, the loot has gotten worse! lol

Candylicks
09-19-2014, 03:41 PM
I bombed nabs last night in Kraag w/ shade and architect. Bet they were excited to earn their TENS of gold too. ;)

GoodSyntax
09-19-2014, 03:51 PM
I bombed nabs last night in Kraag w/ shade and architect. Bet they were excited to earn their TENS of gold too. ;)

Almost as good as a drive-by egging with Deary, Tankton and Alejandro :-P

Madnex
09-19-2014, 04:00 PM
With such crazy gold earnings, this calls for a gold sink revamp!

drgrimmy
09-20-2014, 08:48 PM
I won't dwell on it for two long, but I think these two points pretty some up the arena:

1) Almost no one on my friends list or in my guild is running arena. Very few people are playing it.

2) Almost one week after the release, even after the nerf, there are only 6 times on the pure timed run leaderboard. This means that it is incredibly difficult to run without using elixers or using plat revive.

Edit: well people have only been able to post times for 3 days or so, but still you get my point....