PDA

View Full Version : Hi Admins!

Skully
01-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Well about 2 days ago, I noticed my unexpected name change. I understand why it may be offensive but I was wondering if I can get a name change for it since the name given by the admin who changed it sounds really corny.... From whornymage to thornymage... Please consider & thank you for your time.

regie831
01-25-2011, 03:25 PM
Well about 2 days ago, I noticed my unexpected name change. I understand why it may be offensive but I was wondering if I can get a name change for it since the name given by the admin who changed it sounds really corny.... From whornymage to thornymage... Please consider & thank you for your time.

IMO lol "thornymage" sounds better than you're previous one.

FluffNStuff
01-25-2011, 03:38 PM

This should read:
Thank you admins for changing my name and not banning me. That is all.

BlasterBird
01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
This should read:
Thank you admins for changing my name and not banning me. That is all.

I don't even have to say anything.

Skully
01-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Whats there to be banned about? They didnt restrict the name in the first place therefore it is allowed. But apparently not so If I may, ask for a name change.

StompArtist
01-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Whats there to be banned about? They didnt restrict the name in the first place therefore it is allowed. But apparently not so If I may, ask for a name change.

50 plats says you can get all the name changes you want :D

Justg
01-25-2011, 06:02 PM
We do ban for names, and because the chat filter allows it does not make it ok.

Consider yourself lucky this time.

Skully
01-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Well making the name at the start should be filtered like other games though. all I ask is for a name change. Nothing offensive

Fyrce
01-25-2011, 07:20 PM
How about YOU write an auto-filter to beat the human brain and give it to the admins? Thanks! Looking forward to trying it on my next toon.

Zeus
01-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Hey hey now. Look at me :) 8 renames and I'm not complaining. Just cough up the 50 plat and pay up... When you first downloaded the game and say that it was animated, did it really not occur to you of the consequences of choosing an inappropriate name? Surely you can't be telling me you are that thick. So pay the consequences for your actions and cough up. Oh and one more thing, before you argue this with me... Would you like me to redirect you to the Terms of Service? I'd love to give you the exact section where you made an error. Have a nice day and learn to take some responsibility for your actions. :)

Skully
01-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Very ridiculous to pay 50 plat just for a name change imo. 8 re names? You're rich. Wanna give me 50 plat?

Ladylove
01-25-2011, 08:57 PM
We do ban for names, and because the chat filter allows it does not make it ok.

Consider yourself lucky this time.

Dun dun dunnnn

Unruly
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Is Likemyrod inappropriate? I dont really consider it to be, unless you think of it that way. Feedback Please so i dont get an unexpected bann!!

Estraz
01-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Just for the fact that you had your name inappropriate... The admins changed your name, and they should charge you plat. if you want it changed again.

Dizzy
01-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Admins already answered.

Quoting the TOS (which you agreed to when you downloaded PL):

You are responsible for your conduct as a member of the community and as a user of the Software Product.

You represent, warrant and agree that you will not engage in conduct or communication (written, verbal, or nonverbal) yourself, or by or through your avatar, which:
- encourages or constitutes behavior that does not support a safe and comfortable environment for all users, including but not limited to bullying, vigilantism, engaging in any conduct or activity that is threatening, harmful, harassing, abusive, vulgar, hateful, defamatory, sexually explicit, inflammatory, profane, racially or ethnically objectionable, religious or political, or in any manner encourages inappropriate, disrespectful, abusive, or unlawful conduct or otherwise makes the Software Product an uncomfortable experience for anyone [my bold]
Lack of a filter isn't permission to use whatever name you want. C'mon, you know it was an inappropriate name. You got away with it for awhile, but you've been caught. You should thank the devs for not banning you instead of asking them for a freebie to fix something you know deep down was your bad. If you're going to try to get away with something, at least grow up and accept the consequences when you're caught.

Also, imo, your old name was pretty stupid. Thornymage might be a little cheesy, but at least it doesn't sound like a bad joke that isn't funny.

Lesrider
01-26-2011, 01:45 AM
...and be glad they didn't change it to something like Iamnoob.

Skully
01-26-2011, 03:55 PM
I'd r
ather have my name be iamnoob haha. But whatevers.

StompArtist
01-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Some games just delete the offensively named character so a name change is actually quite nice.

drewcapu
01-27-2011, 02:26 PM
1. Start new Character, if you haven't already, and do first 3 quests.
2. Transfer everything (items/gold/pots) to new character via stash (easier if stash is upgraded once).
3. Delete old character.
4. Create new character with new name.
5. Transfer whatever you want to onto new character.

(optionally copy down friend list before Step #3).

More hassle, less plat.

You're welcome.

Skully
01-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Either way, getting another guy to 50? I dont have all the time in the world.

Vratz
01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
1. Start new Character, if you haven't already, and do first 3 quests.
2. Transfer everything (items/gold/pots) to new character via stash (easier if stash is upgraded once).
3. Delete old character.
4. Create new character with new name.
5. Transfer whatever you want to onto new character.

(optionally copy down friend list before Step #3).

More hassle, less plat.

You're welcome.

Not defending skully, but this is a terrible plan. Oh and skully it's just a name, if you really want to change it buy some plat. Your name was dumb to begin with. The only reason you need to change your name now is because this post may have ruined your rep haha.

Pocket Legend
01-27-2011, 08:42 PM
If you are a fan of Pocket Legends then you won't have a problem restarting. You can learn new techniques on how to play, or just realize that Thornymage is a legitimate name that is far more decent than half the names that plop into PL.

Rusalio
01-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Hahahaha love this stuff. The fact this even needs to be discussed warrants the imanoob name....glad pl has adopted the aussie frankness! There ye have it shiela

Sanatorium
01-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Either way, getting another guy to 50? I dont have all the time in the world.
I'm going to be honest with you, they changed it instead of banning you... end of story.
Stop complaining and live with it, don't be so dramatic about it.
Be glad that they didn't ban you.