PDA

View Full Version : I am moving to Japan!! ^_^

xxteargodxx
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Just wanted to share this with the community.

I have some really good news, I've known about it for about two weeks now just did not want to post about it until I had my health check up and physical done to make sure I was fit to travel.

I was accepted by a Teaching Exchange Program I applied with to work over seas in Japan, I will be teaching English :). I'm being sent to Shibuya Japan which is about 30-45 minutes from Tokyo!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them just make sure they aren't too personal :P.

--TearGod

Erik_is_funny_lol
01-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Omg congratulations!!!!!!!! have a safe trip man!

RedRyder
01-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Cooool Cooool make sure to enjoy the women too. I'd love to go to japan. Where are you flying from and around how much is the air fare? I'd really love to go for a summer

regie831
01-25-2011, 08:23 PM
Have a nice trip :D

xxteargodxx
01-25-2011, 08:25 PM
Omg congratulations!!!!!!!! have a safe trip man!
Thanks!, forgot to mention I don't leave until mid March though :)

Cooool Cooool make sure to enjoy the women too. I'd love to go to japan. Where are you flying from and around how much is the air fare? I'd really love to go for a summer
I'm leaving from NJ, air fare isn't costing me anything the program I'm with covers that but I'd guess a flight would be $750 - $900?

RedRyder
01-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks!, forgot to mention I don't leave until mid March though :)

I'm leaving from NJ, air fare isn't costing me anything the program I'm with covers that but I'd guess a flight would be $750 - $900?

I'm in jersey too so I'd be looking at those prices. Thats honestly not bad at all

MoarPewPew
01-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Good luck and I hope your ping is good enough to play PL there :)

Ava
01-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Shibuya has awesome nightlife, great place for a young crowd. You'd love it there. Have fun !

Inching
01-25-2011, 09:46 PM
isnt Shibuya within Tokyo??? its jsut a district within Tokyo as far as I know just like Ginza, etc.... I go there often for work... you know the the XXX or AV industry there is very wild... well just like in all Asian countries.. anyway, let me know if you need anything and I can try to help you out.

If your from the west, there is a GAP super store there which will make you feel more at home and you have to check out the Sony Building, its pretty awsome.

Militaryman
01-25-2011, 10:17 PM
The yen is like crap right now...

Inching
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
J P Y U S D Dn .012184 +.000045 BBLC .012184/.012185 BBLC
At 11:32 Op .012139 Hi .012196 Lo .012138 Prev .012139

Straight off my bloomberg terminal right now

for those who think the other way....

U S D J P Y 8 2 . 0 8 - . 3 0 ANON 82.07/82.08
At 11:32 Op 82.39 Hi 82.39 Lo 81.98 Prev 82.39

jjjjaaaakkkke
01-26-2011, 04:13 PM
omg.. Japan.. sweet! Must be fast manga updates there.. In America you have to wait forever :(

xxteargodxx
01-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Good luck and I hope your ping is good enough to play PL there :)
I hope so too, I haven't looked into internet connection there. I hope they have some kind of broadband.

Shibuya has awesome nightlife, great place for a young crowd. You'd love it there. Have fun !
Really? Sounds interesting, can't wait.

isnt Shibuya within Tokyo??? its jsut a district within Tokyo as far as I know just like Ginza, etc.... I go there often for work... you know the the XXX or AV industry there is very wild... well just like in all Asian countries.. anyway, let me know if you need anything and I can try to help you out.

If your from the west, there is a GAP super store there which will make you feel more at home and you have to check out the Sony Building, its pretty awsome.
Not sure really if Shibuya is within Tokyo I've never been there before. I was just told that's where I'm going so I googled there to Tokyo and it's about 30-45 minute ride which is exciting to hear. Also I don't shop GAP can't fit their clothes and I don't think they look my style any way lol.

Ellyidol
01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Go to Harajuku! The most unique and stylish clothing can be found there. It was a fun experience too, in that strip of street shops. :)

I loved the subway system in Japan, so efficient and easy to use. Also on how precise they were on time, and how much they value it. When they say 2:15, its 2:15, nothing earlier or nothing later.

xxteargodxx
01-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Go to Harajuku! The most unique and stylish clothing can be found there. It was a fun experience too, in that strip of street shops. :)

I loved the subway system in Japan, so efficient and easy to use. Also on how precise they were on time, and how much they value it. When they say 2:15, its 2:15, nothing earlier or nothing later.
I don't choose where I want to go :P my Teaching Program sends me where they see fit. As for the clothes, I'm not the type to wear very stylish clothing I like to wear what's comfortable. I doubt I can fit into the clothes anyway I'm fat lol =P

Ellyidol
01-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Oh. I mean like weekends maybe? :) I've been to Shibuya I think, and it didn't seem as far to Harajuku. One train ride I believe. :)

Tree Dude
01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Can you read and speak Japanese? I only ask because I have heard of people teaching English in foreign countries with very little proficiency in the native language.

xxteargodxx
01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Can you read and speak Japanese? I only ask because I have heard of people teaching English in foreign countries with very little proficiency in the native language.
I can not read and speak Japanese. I do have some books I've been reading to slowly teach myself though it's quite hard I will say. Though many people I know who are also teachers over seas in Japan say I will be fine and can get along fine without knowing it. So I'm assuming once I get there and start teaching eventually I am going to pick up on stuff like the basics.

Ava
01-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't choose where I want to go :P my Teaching Program sends me where they see fit. As for the clothes, I'm not the type to wear very stylish clothing I like to wear what's comfortable. I doubt I can fit into the clothes anyway I'm fat lol =P

Harajuku is not far from Shibuya, you will be able to take a short subway ride there. Locals are very friendly and helpful to foreigners, so you'll be fine.

StompArtist
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Be very very careful... the place is full of ninjas!

xxteargodxx
01-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Just got home, was out majority of the day and had a busy week this week. I did manage to go to the doctor, got my check up and physical taken care of. My doctor says I am safe to travel and aside from my weight that I'm as healthy as an Ox.

I will be teaching High School Freshman in Japan, grade 10 to be specific. I am okay with that, as I'm used to teaching kids/teenagers. As for my location, I will be moving to Shibuya Japan which is just 30-45 minutes from Tokyo from what I hear from a few colleagues of mine.

--Nick