PDA

View Full Version : Boss Battle Ideas

Zylx
09-16-2014, 06:22 PM
I was thinking about utilizing the environment in some boss battles. Possibly adding a switch that a player can activate to close off a healing pool from a boss before he gets to it.

Aggrevating a giant spider and leading it to a trap that another player can send the Arcane Boot of Fitness to drop down and squish the spider.

Share some of your boss battle ideas. Maybe even some that require more than one player to complete. I'm getting pretty tired of the same "button-mashing" playstyle that comes with most of the current bosses. Let your creativity come alive!

GreenLord
09-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Lets see....
How about this: a HUMONGOUS giant that wields a sword even bigger. Someone must stun it to make the giant drop it's sword A warrior can pick up the sword and use it against it's master. All attacks and skills will have very little effect. Only the sword can cut through the giant's hide. Every 15 seconds, the current stolen weapon will break and the giant will draw out a different weapon. First sword, then kitchen knives, then a shepherd's staff. So everyone can contribute to killing the beast.

obee
09-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Yes omg these bosses are so boring. It's great that AL is cross-platform, but I want to see an AI that adjusts. Throw out a run, the mobs should ajdust to your style, making it harder for you

GreenLord
09-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Yes omg these bosses are so boring. It's great that AL is cross-platform, but I want to see an AI that adjusts. Throw out a run, the mobs should ajdust to your style, making it harder for you

That will take a long time and the server will have to be shut down to update

obee
09-16-2014, 07:44 PM
That will take a long time and the server will have to be shut down to update
Well for AL of course, but in other games it works fine

Ebezaanec
09-16-2014, 09:00 PM
My boss battle idea

3-4 bosses depending on number of party members which reflect the class of each player. Example: Party has 1 war, 2 rogues, 1 mage, so bosses will match that.

The bosses will be able to use all the skills in game and will have their HP buffed, ofc. All effects will be allowed for the boss, such as stun, poison, heal, and 2-sec invincibility. I think the AI will need to be improved for this to work, but wouldn't it be fun fighting a complex elite party?

ClumsyCactus
09-17-2014, 03:04 AM
My idea is no boss, but a arena Where mobs Flood you, and there will come more and more. To make it fair, the highscores will not be longest survived time, Cuz warriors would dominate. It would be most killed mobs before you die.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Lets see....
How about this: a HUMONGOUS giant that wields a sword even bigger. Someone must stun it to make the giant drop it's sword A warrior can pick up the sword and use it against it's master. All attacks and skills will have very little effect. Only the sword can cut through the giant's hide. Every 15 seconds, the current stolen weapon will break and the giant will draw out a different weapon. First sword, then kitchen knives, then a shepherd's staff. So everyone can contribute to killing the beast.

Legend of zelda?! XD