PDA

View Full Version : Archer skill bug: Thorn Wall

Nightarcher
01-25-2011, 09:26 PM
This skill is very useful for halting moment and dealing damage in PVE, but there is a serious issue in Pvp.

If you manage to kill people with this skill (as rarely as it happens,) it does not register the kill to you, nor anyone else for that matter. This needs to be fixed. :)

--

(not sure if it doesn't registers PVE kills, I'll test it out.)

Zeus
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
It's not the skill itself. It's the bleed proc within the skill that does this. I tried it with a dagger that contained bleed proc. Well Well... Same result.

Nightarcher
01-25-2011, 10:10 PM
It's not the skill itself. It's the bleed proc within the skill that does this. I tried it with a dagger that contained bleed proc. Well Well... Same result.

The skill acts as a bleed proc, but it is in the skill description. Damage over time. Therefore it is the skill itself and should be considered a kill. :)

(and if you ask me, bleed proc should register a kill too, even if nobody uses daggers)

Royce
01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
This has been reported a few times (going back several months). Not sure why they still haven't fixed it, but it must be tough to give credit for a kill by debuff (bleed is not actual damage, but a -H/s debuff).

Zeus
01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
The skill acts as a bleed proc, but it is in the skill description. Damage over time. Therefore it is the skill itself and should be considered a kill. :)

(and if you ask me, bleed proc should register a kill too, even if nobody uses daggers)

Nuh uh! You were implying that the auto damage registered with the skill kills them (or you weren't being specific enough). Sorry :), I just like being a smart aleck at times.

Nightarcher
01-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Royce is our savior lol. Ok so bleed is -H/s (I didn't know that) and I guess that's not really a legit kill justifier.

Still, the thorn wall does actual damage over time. This is like any other skill that does damage: it should be a kill.

Oh, and it never hurts to re-submit bugs. Several times I've made threads about already suggested things that Spacetime hadn't gotten around to. Just raising awareness gets it done. :)

Zeus
01-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Royce is our savior lol. Ok so bleed is -H/s (I didn't know that) and I guess that's not really a legit kill justifier.

Still, the thorn wall does actual damage over time. This is like any other skill that does damage: it should be a kill.

Oh, and it never hurts to re-submit bugs. Several times I've made threads about already suggested things that Spacetime hadn't gotten around to. Just raising awareness gets it done. :)

I thought you knew bleed proc Implied -h/s :). So I technically beat royce on that :) HA!

Nightarcher
01-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Ok fine. The bottom line: thorn wall is different from bleed. So fix it please! ^_^