PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one a little less-than-thrilled?

Lesrider
01-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Just bothered about a new campaign coming out before alien oasis town. Means once again (like LE town and swamp town), we'll get it after we don't really care anymore. I'm not gonna create a new character every time a lower-level town comes out so I can enjoy it properly.
I was under the impression that ao town was next in line. and I would hope that after that, all new maps would be released with a town. It just makes more sense. We're all spending months on a map before the town comes out, and by the time it does come out, we don't care about it anymore.

Am I alone here? I would prefer ao town first, even if it's only a week or two before the new content/level cap increase. At least we'd have some time to enjoy it before ao3 gets drowned out by the new campaign.

Royce
01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe oasis town will be in 1.7, which will be at least a bit before the new campaign. Anyway it doesn't bother me much but I'm used to it. There was only one town total until they started adding more (at the 45 cap I think...). Anyway that's how it's always worked. They bring stuff out, and then continue to build up the content even after new campaigns have come out. It's a good thing as I see it ;)

StompArtist
01-26-2011, 12:34 PM
All I am hoping for is that they walk away from the sci-fi stuff and back to cloak and daggers :D

Lesrider
01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Maybe oasis town will be in 1.7, which will be at least a bit before the new campaign. Anyway it doesn't bother me much but I'm used to it. There was only one town total until they started adding more (at the 45 cap I think...). Anyway that's how it's always worked. They bring stuff out, and then continue to build up the content even after new campaigns have come out. It's a good thing as I see it ;)

G already said ao town is NOT going to be in 1.7.

I just don't get why they didn't complete it first -- they were so close to having all towns completed. How many times do you hear new players asking where the town is? People just expect there to be a town when they buy a new campaign. This would avoid any confusion, and allow us to enjoy the town while we're still the right level for it.

Physiologic
01-26-2011, 03:31 PM
Devs release new campaigns to give the public something to do, I.e. kill and farm. While the public is occupied, they then take the time to work on towns. Its just a matter of utility between a dungeon and a town. Do you really expect a bunch of kids to have enough attention to run around a new town for a couple of months? :)

StompArtist
01-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Do you really expect a bunch of kids to have enough attention to run around a new town for a couple of months? :)

Make circular towns with no way out?

Ava
01-26-2011, 03:41 PM
How many TOWNS do we really need ? One good one with EVERYTHING in it is sufficient . Seriously. I'd rather have more campaigns.

Players wanted the crocs town so bad, now look at it, Devs came up with it, and it's deserted. WTF right ?

C'mon guys, quit pestering Devs for something you don't really wanna use anyway. Let them focus their time and energy into something that's really gonna rock PL land.

BeefyMeat
01-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Put links to the CS in each town, I bet you'd see masses of people everywhere

Justg
01-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Campaign is easier to do then the towne, we thought we would get you guys out some new content to raise your level asap since you have been waiting so long.

Oasis will give public spaces and quests, but no new campaigns and no level-cap raise.

StompArtist
01-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Just wondering, but what exactly happened to the "a new expansion every month" thing, anyway?

They are too busy reading these threads :P

superglut2
01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Typing from iphone:

Serisously, who rly gives a crap about aoe town.. Day 1 Everyone will be like YES AOE town!!! Day 2 everyone will quest, day 3 its alrdx starting to get s lil boring since quests are similar... Day 4 ppl are starting to check out new items.. Day 5 ppl will get bored of that.. Day 6 ppl think.. Yea well aoe town is getting boring.. Wjat happened to lvl cap? Day 7 everyone goes to forum and flames devs to make lvl cap
raise.. Come on guys.. Didnt u learn anything from swamp town? It wss the same thing! Be happy devs actually gavd us something to do for tje next months, of coirse ill miss aoe town and the 10 new quests, but i will finidh these quests after 3 days... And them its boring...

Protank
01-26-2011, 08:27 PM
I like what G said...
idt u realize how much how much this dev team works to appease everybody. they listen to everything we say. I mean for real.. they really do. if they acted on everything everybody says about this game it would be junk. these guys are beasts and try there best for us. no dev team even comes close IMO. sry not trying to rant, it just seems they can never catch a break.

Lesrider
01-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Typing from iphone:

Serisously, who rly gives a crap about aoe town.. Day 1 Everyone will be like YES AOE town!!! Day 2 everyone will quest, day 3 its alrdx starting to get s lil boring since quests are similar... Day 4 ppl are starting to check out new items.. Day 5 ppl will get bored of that.. Day 6 ppl think.. Yea well aoe town is getting boring.. Wjat happened to lvl cap? Day 7 everyone goes to forum and flames devs to make lvl cap
raise.. Come on guys.. Didnt u learn anything from swamp town? It wss the same thing! Be happy devs actually gavd us something to do for tje next months, of coirse ill miss aoe town and the 10 new quests, but i will finidh these quests after 3 days... And them its boring...

The reason people got bored quickly with swamp town is because we're all already 15 lvls above it and have no wish do to low lvl quests. I'm merely pointing out that the exact same thing will happen when ao town comes out, since we'll all be past the lvl cap for the quests.

If no one really wants towns or quests, then maybe they shouldn't bother with any new ones at all. But if they are going to spend the time and effort on them, I think it would make more sense to release them when we can still enjoy them properly.

So you're right, when ao town comes out, no one will care anymore.

Physiologic
01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't know about you guys (Ava and superglut) but when I started playing PL, I went through all the quests and thoroughly enjoyed staying in all the towns. Swamps were released a few days after I started playing, so I went through all those quests and leveled there accordingly. Towns are meant to be played through and left alone once you finished all those quests, and as G stated, the majority of the public prefer campaigns and killing things. Sure, what they're doing is benefiting the mass public but that doesn't mean towns should just not be developed.