PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Campign with new Cap

Gavry
01-26-2011, 02:29 PM
My suggestion:

Have the new zone drop NO items over Purp for the first week. People will run it for the xp anyway. That way you can balance the bosses and fights before releasing the new equipment. May help to reduce the chances of another Shadow Cave debarkal.

What do you think?

Royce
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM
It's an interesting idea and it makes sense given there is always some sort of dramatic change in the content or rate of drops shortly after any new campaign release. However I think people would probably riot without new pinks. Maybe I'm wrong but I jus can't see the community going for it.

StompArtist
01-26-2011, 02:40 PM
My suggestion:

Have the new zone drop NO items over Purp for the first week. People will run it for the xp anyway. That way you can balance the bosses and fights before releasing the new equipment. May help to reduce the chances of another Shadow Cave debarkal.

What do you think?

I tend to agree but then again I can see how this would turn into a "useless missions" winning an b*$&ching festival... Hard to please everyone especially when, like pocket legends, the devs actually try to pay attention to what people really want.

Gavry
01-26-2011, 02:43 PM
The community riots at bloody everything. I say get it right first time rather than pander to the lowest denominator. The only right way to fix the Shadow Cave debarkal was to remove ALL items from the game when they dropped the drop rate. The community would have bitched but it would have been RIGHT. At least this way they minimise the damage. It's only a week anyway. We'll be farming this new place for the next 3 months before something new comes out. People can wait!

Nightarcher
01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
You know, I actually like this idea. The reason is, the pros that group together get to the max level fast and leave everyone else to level up slowly. Then they who are already at the max level can farm and reap the first (and greatest) fruits of the new campaign.

I know that is natural and the way things work, but it takes away the sense of unity.

Pros:
-it allows the community to work together and help each other to level up
-it gives us time to consider new skill distribution and effects on attributes
-it helps us work out the most effective tactics and equipment for farming

Cons:
-it takes away some of the excitement in a new campaign at the very start
-it may (and will) anger people who want new items fast to get rich. (coughlonecough)
-the shift from leveling to farming when the pinks start dropping will be enormous

I believe it would be beneficial for Spacetime to look into this and at least consider it. It might very well work. But I would choose a few days as opposed to a week if it was implimented, depending on how long leveling up takes. :)

Gavry
01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Remember the xp needed per level increased a LOT between 45 and 50. Can you remember how long 49 to 50 took? I'd say they are going to up it a lot again. I'd be supprised if anyone was 55 in under a week with the new cap. They need to slow people down to add life to the new content.

Necrobane
01-27-2011, 04:11 AM
Fantastic idea Gavry. I think releasing the gear bit b bit would be a fantastic way of increasing the length of time the dungeon seems new and exciting. The purples should be rare drops untill the pinks come out. PLEASE devs implant this idea, we all want there to be a reason to not only settle for the best.

Riccits
01-27-2011, 04:25 AM
sorry but thats the stupiest idea i have ever heard..... since the rush was nerfed i can farm xp and pinks at the same time... and who is fastetst to be at 55 can wear the new items for first and its right so. i can farm the new dungeon pinks at every lvl from 50-55...
and who says it will takes a week to come to 55??? and when ppl cant be online that week?

the shadow caves debakel was the 100% drop rate, that was completly wrong...

who gets the first pinks in the new dungeon can sell for millions at beginning... who wants to buy, will buy... why should i have to wait a week??

hardcore players should always have the advantage of playing more than others... this would just be a break...

Necrobane
01-27-2011, 04:33 AM
The point of Gr'avrys idea is that the PURPLES would be selling for those prices. I'd say a week is a little too short seeing as i think it's fair average players at least get a chance to get some of the gear, before the pinks come out. I like the idea of wearing some purples while farming for pinks, pinks are supposed to be rare, i don't like how everyone runs around with the best gear for their class. Come out of the mindset that anything that isn't pink isn't worth using and understand that they would be close to the stats of a pink. It's not to punishing hardcore players, its simply extending the re-playability of the maps. One other thing i'd like to see, is a similar drop scheme as AO2. I love the idea of certain pieces dropping off related boss's on maps 1-5 and level 6 simply dropping lower class pinks.

Gavry
01-27-2011, 04:36 AM
sorry but thats the stupiest idea i have ever heard..... since the rush was nerfed i can farm xp and pinks at the same time... and who is fastetst to be at 55 can wear the new items for first and its right so. i can farm the new dungeon pinks at every lvl from 50-55...
and who says it will takes a week to come to 55??? and when ppl cant be online that week?

the shadow caves debakel was the 100% drop rate, that was completly wrong...

who gets the first pinks in the new dungeon can sell for millions at beginning... who wants to buy, will buy... why should i have to wait a week??

hardcore players should always have the advantage of playing more than others... this would just be a break...

Um great contribution to the discussion I Think. Couldn't quite follow your message.

Who says it will take a week to hit 55?? Nobody! I speculated it may take a week. It may even take longer. If I was spacetime I would make it take exactly the same xp it took to get from 1 to 50 to get from 50 to 55. If it takes a LOT longer the zone will have a linger life. Add to that slow addition of new pinks and the new content is not dead in a week.

Riccits
01-27-2011, 04:43 AM
sorry my english isnt the best ;)

ok, it doenst matter if u need a week or not to reach 55, but i want farm from beginning the new pinks! may adding later some special items for reviving the dungeon, but IMO this is a bad idea, sorry, i want from first day at least 3 new pink sets to farm! and may again the crap pinks like in ao3, but i found they was senseless....

Necrobane
01-27-2011, 04:43 AM
I agree entirely. I get sick of finding the town full of maxed characters wearing the best gear within 2 days of a new campaigns release. But I also don't like not having an alternative for the best gear to keep the average player happy. The cyber quests were good, but i reckon they should have been harder. That way by having another set of non premium pinks dropping from the last level players would b able to enjoy progressing through the different gear farming stages, thus getting more out of the expansion. I definately think the boss's should award more xp to give a reason to clear levels, and I definately think that the grinding level should be the last level, not the 2nd or 3rd. Discourages leechers and encourages leveling players to play through thee campaign BEFORE they hit the max level :)

Riccits
01-27-2011, 04:51 AM
I agree entirely. I get sick of finding the town full of maxed characters wearing the best gear within 2 days of a new campaigns release.

why u get sick? may those ppl payed 2-3millions for the set. iam not jealous they have it,they had to spend a lot for. OR the farmed 25/24 to get it..
and iam sure there wont be a lot ppl wich wears the full set in 2 days....

Ellyidol
01-27-2011, 05:31 AM
Yeah, sounds good in a way, though thats what they should have testers for. Then again I wouldn't know anyone who'd want to test and give up playing regular PL. :P I'm not going to!

icantgetkills
01-27-2011, 05:34 AM
IMO bad idea hardcore players should be rewarded for being hardc0R3 lol harsh on the players that have school lol but yes no drops will be stuiped :/ as we wont get to see new loot

Gavry
01-27-2011, 05:47 AM
All I say is think about the game as a whole and not simply about your own selfish fulfilment. If all you want is the best right away and bugger the consequences your not thinking about the good of the game. It's all about me, me, me. The game needs balance, fairness and consistency. Right now drop rates are pulled from one extreme to the other after EVERY new map is added. At least with a week or so to bed the difficulty and playability down before opening up the elite loot the tweaking can happen with little long term impact on the game or the future playability of the map.

icantgetkills
01-27-2011, 05:52 AM
it took a while for ao3 drops to become common like seeing people with sets/pieces of gear

Gavry
01-27-2011, 05:52 AM
IMO bad idea hardcore players should be rewarded for being hardc0R3 lol harsh on the players that have school lol but yes no drops will be stuiped :/ as we wont get to see new loot

I'm not saying no drops. I'm say delay the drops a week or so. Man the youth of today. The waiting for the prize is the greatest prize. Early achievement always ends in disappointment for all concerned. People need to learn a little patience.

Riccits
01-27-2011, 06:03 AM
yeah it will need very long until ppl will get get sets, many ppl have at least 3 chars to eqip..
when i think some weak ago certain parts was still 400k or more... that means they wasnt still common..

its all fair and balanced, ppl wich play a lot and have a lot money have the right to have the set in less time, i have no problem with it... and its not about me, ill try to buy as less parts as possible!

the 100% drop rate was a very bad bug and iam sure it will never happen again...

PS: can someone boot the guy above me?? argh.... :-/

Lesrider
01-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Ao3 drops were balanced from the beginning, were they not?

And aren't there already no pinks at lvl 46-49? They might or might not do the same for 55, so people at least have to use some purples (or stick with 50 gear) till they're lvl 55.

I agree it should take long to get to 55, and I like the idea of bosses giving more xp -- I never understood why a trash mob give 2 xp and a boss gives like 3? The bosses should give a proper amount of xp based on the time it takes to defeat them. And yeah, ao2 was kinda silly with the xp farming. I hope they avoid something like that this time. It's almost like you had no choice but to xp farm there unless you could find some other who were bored enough of it to do something else. One maps should not have quicker xp than others. Make the xp scale by difficulty! Was dumb having mummies give the same xp as those f'ing yellow aliens (back when they still packed a punch).