PDA

View Full Version : 2014-09-18 Content Update (158422)

null_void
09-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Balance changes to the Planar Arena, including:

Elite Arena Master Chests gained after you overcome the 4th boss in the Arena, now grant two items per open, instead of one!
Mother's Quick Spit attack has had its damage significantly reduced.
Stahl's basic throw attack has had its base damage reduced, but crit damage has been increased.
Glob's Charge Attack has had the initial charge damage reduced and critical hit damage bonus reduced.
Rutger's Poison ability now lasts 5 seconds, down from 6 and has had its damage reduced. Rutger's poison now has a chance to crit.
Arena Mushrooms have had their explosion damage reduced.
Vortex Crystals have had their damage rebalanced.
Captain Bloodhammer now shoots his cannonballs with less frequency. In addition his cannonballs have had their damage calculation changed and hit less hard
Enraging Obelisk can no longer be banished.
Poison clouds in the arena have had their damage reduced.

Other changes:

Consignment Shop long listings have been corrected to be 3 days.
Shady & Surge Death Pools now banish at an appropriate rate.
Vial of Undead Ectoplasm is now Rare and no longer Epic. Its drop rate has been improved as a result.
Timed run leaderboards have been reset.

Serancha
09-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Nice. Off we go a-testing!

Oh and first! For the first time.

Hue
09-18-2014, 03:25 PM
2nd

Candylicks
09-18-2014, 03:25 PM
Nice!!!!

Ravager
09-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Sounds like Sns banish was intentional haha.

Ssneakykills
Sweet update

icedblood
Yay

notfaded1
09-18-2014, 03:28 PM

Weogreat
09-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Yay tyvm!

Rhaindra
09-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Aw.. perfect. :)

rstilzchen
09-18-2014, 03:33 PM
thank you

wwwgagacomtr
ty :)

Okatare
Ok. A quick question: WHERE do vials drop now?

Aslanx
09-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Prices on the 2d 21 hrs thing are the same as 3 days? So does that mean whatever we have in auc listed for 2d21hrs can be 3 days now? :p cause the extra gold is very harsh on us poor noobs who listed stuff for. 522k and have it going for 2d 21hrs(definitely not me or anything :banana: ) but can we get the gold back on that or have it changed to 3 days? :D

Aslanx
09-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Ok. A quick question: WHERE do vials drop now?

All over Elite Arlor, is what I think I saw, anyways it should be under the nekro update with the info on how to get him, that should be under the announcements list. :)

CuteFrog
09-18-2014, 03:36 PM
:D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Aslanx
09-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Nice. Off we go a-testing!

Oh and first! For the first time.

Really? This is ur first time? :O ... But ur always on forums , oh well guess I'll have to wait for 1600 posts too to get my first "First!" On an update lmao.. But gz ser!

Carapace
09-18-2014, 03:40 PM
All over Elite Arlor, is what I think I saw, anyways it should be under the nekro update with the info on how to get him, that should be under the announcements list. :)

Elite Shuyal and Elite Tindirin maps

Mehmet Tuncay
09-18-2014, 03:40 PM
ooo very good thanks

Okatare
09-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Elite Shuyal and Elite Tindirin maps

Awww thanks!
Finally it is a second day I can see we are read, heard and getting our replies. Ty.

Woundedwarrior
09-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Tried the new arena with 3 people. All 3 full mythic. 2 had arcane pets. Still got one shot.

GoodSyntax
09-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Aw, I knew I should have kept all those chests instead of opening them T.T

If I would have waited, I could have received twice as many epics...

Zeus
09-18-2014, 04:03 PM
aw, i knew i should have kept all those chests instead of opening them t.t

if i would have waited, i could have received twice as many epics...

l o l

Dchaos
09-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Thnx for the this update much appreciated.

FluffNStuff
09-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Aw, I knew I should have kept all those chests instead of opening them T.T

If I would have waited, I could have received twice as many epics...

You could be an insanely rich hundredaire by now!

Magegrimm
09-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Really nice

Derezzzed
09-18-2014, 04:33 PM
Either surviving hits with >10% or still getting one hit

Only missing arcane ring from best in slot item, kinda still meh tbh

Idly
09-18-2014, 04:52 PM
This place is not for mages without arcane rings.. since the start of arena 540 ankhs burnt (1 ankh is useless arena too small instadeath if you use anything but revenge) ... tried multiple full mythic some arcane parties, 100% stun pets, arcane pets, mythic pets, guns, staffs, mythic armor, druid armor, security armor, mythic ring, lunar, wilds amulet, elon of fitness... even tried with a doom at one point and always on 30% dmg and 15% dmg reduction Arena chests looted 0. goodbye arena, time to farm jarl for 4k locked

Carapace
09-18-2014, 05:11 PM
glad to see everyone has a sense of humor about the chests ;) In all seriousness this is a delicate thing to balance as we don't want the market to flood with Planar Gladiator gear either. Our ears are still to the ground on this one, but the odds of receiving the good stuff has also increased a small amount in addition to receiving two items.

We're keeping an eye on everything mentioned and will make future adjustments as necessary, we're still listening. Thanks everyone!

Madnex
09-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Neat! :)

Just a couple of notes:
-It wasn't the cannonball frequency/potency on Bloodhammer, it IS the extremely powerful semi-close range quick punch.
-Gladiator gear is only dropping through the Master Chests, not from bosses (who needs L41 Noble/Shade gear??).
-Vortex crystal explosions still one-shot (4k HP, 1.5k arm).

Also one more thing. Can we have the mushrooms being untargetable? Since their spawn rate increases through the fight, at the last 20% of the boss's HP most of the hits land on mushrooms, no matter how precisely you aim.

Anarchist
09-18-2014, 06:07 PM
GG.

Raregem
09-18-2014, 06:41 PM
The update really made a big difference. The arena is now fun and challenging.. the only thing is the loot. It cost more in pots, ankhs (or plats) then it's worth.

I'd like to see Elite Golden Dragonscale chests brought back in as it was originally planned. (Don't Stone me) I know they were taken out due to elite farming and the issues there but the arena definitely needs something to add to it. The epics and noble/shade gear just don't make up for the gold it costs to run it. (I realize there is a minuscule chance at the gladiator gear and fossil in chest)

Locked prices drop more and more everyday... I personally was looking forward to being able to farm the arena and actually make some gold. That's not happening. I am kinda at a lose of where to turn to farm atm and what to farm. The new tombs are going to kill elite weapons too.. basically it's just a mess atm.

You can't make decent gold farming period. Not for the time/pots/gold you have to invest.

mmaachilles211
09-18-2014, 08:41 PM
I replayed the arena after all of these new updates were implemented and was pleasantly surprised. It much more manageable and didn't really cost me an arm and a leg to do it. Went through it completely and used 5 ankh's :) lvl 41 mage with 3.7 k hp and 1022 armor. It's definitely doable now, still got jack s**t in rewards but it's a start :) thx sts

Niixed
09-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Locked prices drop more and more everyday... I personally was looking forward to being able to farm the arena and actually make some gold. That's not happening. I am kinda at a lose of where to turn to farm atm and what to farm. The new tombs are going to kill elite weapons too.. basically it's just a mess atm.

You can't make decent gold farming period. Not for the time/pots/gold you have to invest.

Net loss is gonna be a killer for the arena. Once my achievement is done, so am I for the time being. Other than a little diversionary fun, it's tough to find a lot of value in the Arena.

Dex Scene
09-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Yay

Raselph
09-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Balance changes to the Planar Arena, including:

Elite Arena Master Chests gained after you overcome the 4th boss in the Arena, now grant two items per open, instead of one!
Mother's Quick Spit attack has had its damage significantly reduced.
Stahl's basic throw attack has had its base damage reduced, but crit damage has been increased.
Glob's Charge Attack has had the initial charge damage reduced and critical hit damage bonus reduced.
Rutger's Poison ability now lasts 5 seconds, down from 6 and has had its damage reduced. Rutger's poison now has a chance to crit.
Arena Mushrooms have had their explosion damage reduced.
Vortex Crystals have had their damage rebalanced.
Captain Bloodhammer now shoots his cannonballs with less frequency. In addition his cannonballs have had their damage calculation changed and hit less hard
Enraging Obelisk can no longer be banished.
Poison clouds in the arena have had their damage reduced.

Other changes:

Consignment Shop long listings have been corrected to be 3 days.
Vial of Undead Ectoplasm is now Rare and no longer Epic. Its drop rate has been improved as a result.
Timed run leaderboards have been reset.

thanks my friends also see an improvement
anyways,
take this example

"words matters , actions triggered matters the most "

another last request - is it possible to improve the armor of sorcs who are fully mythic except for the gun to have 1022 armor+ ???
i mean rogues are only aiming at sorcs , sorcs are farmed pretty much though
i experience the same actually, most rogues aim at me when they end up dying though , can u improve the armor rate of the gun or mythic helm/armor by any chance??
or can the devs solve it all out??

Dex Scene
09-19-2014, 03:08 AM
thanks my friends also see an improvement
anyways,
take this example

"words matters , actions triggered matters the most "

another last request - is it possible to improve the armor of sorcs who are fully mythic except for the gun to have 1022 armor+ ???
i mean rogues are only aiming at sorcs , sorcs are farmed pretty much though
i experience the same actually, most rogues aim at me when they end up dying though , can u improve the armor rate of the gun or mythic helm/armor by any chance??
or can the devs solve it all out??
Get elon fitness ring and wild talisman amulet and lil bear/abaddon maybe

pecfr
09-19-2014, 03:49 AM
nice i will try that , i killed ferrix solo yesterday but impossible to kill solo the other boss.... i will try now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck5Y1hbUMhI&list=UUUmSJENXjKQBxEetL6QHZag

Noctis._.Lucis
09-19-2014, 04:12 AM
Oh, Thanks for the update! :)

joydhillon
09-19-2014, 04:46 AM
Thank you sts...
The difficulty is now set to perfect.
There are one shots which can take down big warriors still but also the surroundings do appropriate damage.
This is a perfect as ankhs will be used( not overused ) and people can enjoy a difficult challenge too.
And also i would like to thank you for putting an end to plat farming as a side note. :)
Job well done.

Dex Scene
09-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Yes perfect difficulty now. Ankh will be used but not insanely :)

ryuba
09-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Before update i die in one shot in at arena with 3,5k hp and after update i die in 2 shot but the all of boss now have more hp they slower to die..
The bos minus 10% at damage and they got 50% armor and hp

ryuba
09-19-2014, 07:54 AM
The planar arena still too hard

Sundar Moorthi
09-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Still hard for lvl 41 (legendry geared equipped peoples) is thr anyway to make the bosses bit more easy :-) its my opinion/request

Thnx

icedblood
09-19-2014, 01:36 PM
In regards to the vials the chance from epic to rare did nothing, I've spent hours running for them with well geared players. After complete map cleans multiple times in shuyl and tindrin elite still nothing for anyone. Need to take another look into them, they still not drop

Serancha
09-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Really? This is ur first time? :O ... But ur always on forums , oh well guess I'll have to wait for 1600 posts too to get my first "First!" On an update lmao.. But gz ser!

I'm not one for following fads ;) this just happened, but it gave me a giggle to add that.

joydhillon
09-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Yep the health has inc. , need to find a way to do this thing :/
Keeping 3 rogues or mages along side but the poor things get one shotted .. warriors can still survive with pot spam and moderate ankh...
A 500 dmg rogue struggled to make through mother. :S

aarrgggggg
09-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Here is something that i have noticed regarding arena

Too many people do not know how to properly use the class they chose.

If your a tank and in the arena, dont use an entombed hammer or claymore....use a defensive weapon.
And for the love of god put taunts on your skills.

If your a mage and in the arena, dont try to tank and stand in the middle of the darn spiders.
as a mage, you should never stop moving around the map because if you stop moving you die.

If your a rogue and in the arena, dont try to tank and stand in one spot.
same as a mage, do not stand still. Keep it moving.

When you have 3 or 4 party members who ALL know how to properly use their class, its actually not hard at all.

Quick recap

Warriors: HOLD AGGRO and be in the bosses face at all times.
Mages: FIGHT FROM A DISTANCE
Rogues: FIGHT FROM A DISTANCE

P.S. if you do not have ankhs or platinum for revives dont even bother, its not gonna happen

Candylicks
09-19-2014, 05:46 PM

If your a tank and in the arena, dont use an entombed hammer or claymore....use a defensive weapon.

If your a mage and in the arena, dont try to tank and stand in the middle of the darn spiders.
as a mage, you should never stop moving around the map because if you stop moving you die.

When you have 3 or 4 party members who ALL know how to properly use their class, its actually not hard at all.

Quick recap

P.S. if you do not have ankhs or platinum for revives dont even bother, its not gonna happen
This is bad advice. Spiders you stand still even mage. The more you run the more spiders pop. Each boss and encounter is different and to overgeneralize this way is not helpful. I'm on phone but please look in the class sections for guides. Mage section we are sharing tips and tricks, and I can tell you running around is not one of them.

Meemaw
09-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Omg yes!!! Thank you sts!!! :dddd

aarrgggggg
09-19-2014, 08:15 PM
This is bad advice. Spiders you stand still even mage. The more you run the more spiders pop. Each boss and encounter is different and to overgeneralize this way is not helpful. I'm on phone but please look in the class sections for guides. Mage section we are sharing tips and tricks, and I can tell you running around is not one of them.

Its called kiting and it works in this game and many others

Example: Call of Duty Black Ops zombies if anyone doesnt know what this is look it up on youtube......same general idea.

Kiting makes it possible for mages and rogues to solo just about every boss in the game.
especially when combined with a speed elixir.

Candylicks
09-19-2014, 08:16 PM
I know what kiting is. Smh

aarrgggggg
09-19-2014, 08:24 PM
I know what kiting is. Smh

Btw i am not saying your wrong.....in fact what u said is actually the recomended advice for spiders.
Not disputing that at all.

In reality my original post was more about me venting than actually trying to be helpful but whatever.

Candylicks
09-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Awe ok. (:

ANITANOV
09-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Pls fix the arcade lagging too :D , change to be green or yellow ping is better to stay alive in planar :P

IGN : ANITANOV

Unlicensed
09-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Nice +1 .. Update Loading■■■■■■■

Shackler
09-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Arena still sucks! Running elite tindirin solo is easier than this ****ty arena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssneakykills
09-20-2014, 09:32 AM
Arena still sucks! Running elite tindirin solo is easier than this ****ty arena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang you should write a book about how bad it is

MoloToha
09-20-2014, 12:03 PM
Enrage crystal is impossible to solo, are there any ways to do it?

Roberto077
09-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Enrage crystal is impossible to solo

Isn't that a good thing?

Ipoopsy
09-22-2014, 01:42 PM

Quick recap

LOL, Thats What i Always said before Arena Starts.

Mehmet Tuncay
09-22-2014, 01:53 PM
ArcanexmenBefore update i die in one shot in at arena with 3,5k hp and after update i die in 2 shot but the all of boss now have more hp they slower to die..
The bos minus 10% at damage and they got 50% armor and hp[Arcanexmen]

Woundedwarrior
09-22-2014, 03:56 PM
I think its been long enough letting the good people farm arena and have a challenge. Now, how about nerfing it down so average people can enjoy this too