PDA

View Full Version : Do rogues dodge in pvp?

Woundedwarrior
09-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Hi im kinda a newbie when it comes to pvp so i was wondering if rogues can dodge any attacks or if its kinda a useless thing to have in pvp?

Madnex
09-20-2014, 12:09 AM
You can dodge normal attacks but skills always hit.

kinzmet
09-20-2014, 01:16 PM
YES! Normal attack and skills as well

There is another thread that discussed about this.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?168316-Can-rogues-dodge-skills

Bless
09-20-2014, 01:23 PM
yes! Normal attack and skills as well

there is another thread that discussed about this.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?168316-can-rogues-dodge-skills

No! Rogues can only dodge normal attacks - not skills!

kinzmet
09-20-2014, 01:35 PM
No! Rogues can only dodge normal attacks - not skills!

Sigh! This is going to be a long discussion for yes or not rogues can dodge skills. Just read the other thread.

Madnex
09-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Sigh! This is going to be a long discussion for yes or not rogues can dodge skills. Just read the other thread.
NO. Stop misinforming people and follow your own advice; you cannot dodge skills.

kinzmet
09-20-2014, 05:33 PM
NO. Stop misinforming people and follow your own advice; you cannot dodge skills.

Not mis-informing. I'm informing him you can.

Madnex
09-21-2014, 06:22 AM
You're a mage, aren't you?

The only cases where it may seem like you dodged the stun from charged fireball are:
-If the mage didn't actually charge it all the way.
-If the opponent runs just outside the 14m range as the mage throws it (glitch).
-If he was stunned before in the previous 7,5 seconds (stun immunity).

You CANNOT dodge the damage from any skill in any way. Get your facts straight.

kinzmet
09-21-2014, 02:29 PM
You're a mage, aren't you?

The only cases where it may seem like you dodged the stun from charged fireball are:
-If the mage didn't actually charge it all the way. So you can dodge it when its not charged.
-If the opponent runs just outside the 14m range as the mage throws it (glitch). Happens a lot with the Shadow piercer
-If he was stunned before in the previous 7,5 seconds (stun immunity). Did'nt actually dodged, got hit but not stunned

You CANNOT dodge the damage from any skill in any way. Get your facts straight.

Classic example, a rogue charged an Aimshot at me. I run quickly (mostly using gale) so that the stump of a dead tree (located in lower right or lower left in TDM) is in between me and the rogue making the charged Aimshot fly like it hit something but actually hit nothing. Here I will see an animated hit on my sorc and a DODGE text appears.
-The Aimshot is charged
-I was within the range
-I wasn't stunned
Are these facts straight to you now?

P.S.
You may argue how did I know if its a charged Amishot or charged attack. Theres a difference in animation and what the charged bow looks like.
This will be my last reply on this thread, because If I will reveal the tricks I mustered on PVP someone may counter it and my life as a sorc will become harder than it has been.

Madnex
09-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Just because I'm bored:

Classic example, a rogue charged an Aimshot at me. I run quickly (mostly using gale) so that the stump of a dead tree (located in lower right or lower left in TDM) is in between me and the rogue making the charged Aimshot fly like it hit something but actually hit nothing. Here I will see an animated hit on my sorc and a DODGE text appears.
-Why waste all this time explaining the positioning? Positioning doesn't affect anything related to dodge.

-The Aimshot is charged
You didn't dodge the Aimed Shot, you dodged either a normal/charged bow attack or a pet hit.

-I was within the range
You can't dodge something if you're not in its range anyway.

-I wasn't stunned
Let me enlighten you about something here: Aimed Shot doesn't stun. Rogues stun with charged bow attack (which can be dodged).
Keep your mustered fantasy tricks for yourself, thanks. Just don't misinform new people to the game.

forumspammer
09-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Just because I'm bored:

Keep your mustered fantasy tricks for yourself, thanks. Just don't misinform new people to the game.

nahh, I don't think his misinforming...I actually able to dodge skills.

Serancha
09-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Skills can not be dodged. Sorry, just not possible.

Zeus
09-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Madnex, don't worry about it. You cannot force people to be right, unfortunately. :/

@Kinz
I would suggest taking Madnex's helpful advice. It's correct and might help change not only yours but also other player's gameplay.

Serancha
09-24-2014, 10:33 AM
How's those knee braces fitting Maddy?

UndeadJudge
09-24-2014, 10:42 AM
-The Aimshot is charged
-I was within the range
-I wasn't stunned
Are these facts straight to you now?

P.S.
You may argue how did I know if its a charged Amishot or charged attack. Theres a difference in animation and what the charged bow looks like.
This will be my last reply on this thread, because If I will reveal the tricks I mustered on PVP someone may counter it and my life as a sorc will become harder than it has been.

Ss or it didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inan'hesh
09-25-2014, 05:39 AM
I dont think his replying, he did said it was his last post... :p

MoloToha
09-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Rogues never dodge skills. Sometimes sorcerers don't charge their fireball fully (it happens) and it doesn't stun (because uncharged fireball doesn't stun, although it damages it's target). Some people misinterpret it as dodging fireball stun. However, you can't dodge neither skill effects (like fireball stun), nor pet effects (like Slag panic), nor skill damage.

Madnex
09-26-2014, 01:19 AM
How's those knee braces fitting Maddy?
I just saw this. And laughed more than I should have. xD

Instanthumor
09-26-2014, 01:39 AM
It's impossible to dodge skills... What're you talking about..