PDA

View Full Version : Guild Unfairness

Pollata1246
09-20-2014, 12:03 PM
I wanted to form a guild.....and as far as i know, One needs 50k and also 50plats to make a proper guild......(Plats for GH)
I just wanna inform STS that you should make GH available for gold too Please.
I wanna inform players that who are willing to buy Gh for my guild and sponsor me......PM me and add me ingame....IGN in signature....
If everything goes Properly then I will open my guild before the halloween Event.....

I promise my members that there won't be any type of level limit to my guild, and we will all be a big large family, officers will be chosen according to their knowledge about the game along with their loyalty to the guild. Events will be organized and informed in the forums and also in the guild chat. Other info when i make my guild (after i get a sponsor).

Sheener
09-20-2014, 12:44 PM
I have had the same issue. I have done plat offers for mine.

Visiting
09-20-2014, 07:56 PM
I have had the same issue. I have done plat offers for mine.

Now that we don't have free offers a lot of free players can't start guilds and give themselves guildhalls, I too believe that these should be gold purchaseable, but the price shouldn't be overly cheap. I think 250k would be a fair price, considering this is a premium thing and could be somewhat of a mini-goldsink.

kjed
09-20-2014, 11:18 PM
If you're asking for people to sponsor you a GH, I have serious doubts about your ability to even run a proper guild. Just saying.
True

Pollata1246
09-21-2014, 03:54 AM
I know I won't be a perfect GM but you cant tell my abilities by just looking at my money........

Pollata1246
09-21-2014, 06:56 AM
No I can tellyour abilities by your apprent inability to be self-reliant. As a GM you try as best as possible NOT to ask anyone for help. You are the highest authority in your guild and the one people look up to and ask for help the most. As such you must do whatever it takes to help you fulfil that role. Being rich is one of them. Otherwise how will you sponsor your guild's events? How will you be able to afford good gear so as to be a good enough player to help the rest of your guildies who aren't as well-geared or skilled?

I am not referring to rich as in plat-rich. You can get sufficient gold without spamming plat use. I'm referring to working hard get your gold reserves through grinding rich. If you're unable to prove that to people and instead ask for a handout as you have done here, as a discerning player I wouldn't choose to join your guild.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177424-Guild-NOT-YET-MADE

Hiosahaf
09-21-2014, 01:07 PM
No I can tellyour abilities by your apprent inability to be self-reliant. As a GM you try as best as possible NOT to ask anyone for help. You are the highest authority in your guild and the one people look up to and ask for help the most. As such you must do whatever it takes to help you fulfil that role. Being rich is one of them. Otherwise how will you sponsor your guild's events? How will you be able to afford good gear so as to be a good enough player to help the rest of your guildies who aren't as well-geared or skilled?

I am not referring to rich as in plat-rich. You can get sufficient gold without spamming plat use. I'm referring to working hard get your gold reserves through grinding rich. If you're unable to prove that to people and instead ask for a handout as you have done here, as a discerning player I wouldn't choose to join your guild.
Um, I think she needs the plat to buy gh and is asking for someone to sponsor the gh, not the guild.. She probably has the gold and is asking for gh to be available by gold.

Serancha
09-22-2014, 03:03 AM
Asking people to spend plat for you on non-tradeable items is against tos. If it doesn't fit in the in-game trade window, then it should be considered a probable scam. Guild halls are one of the few items left, along with dart and hazel, which require plat absolutely. That's not necessarily a bad thing, considering they are minor expenses compared to most items in game.

If you can't afford a guild hall then maybe you should be joining a guild with a leader who can. Players have managed for 2 years without this being an issue. I can't really see why it would be one now.

In any case this is not the suggestions forum, it's the guild forum, so the post is in the wrong place.

LibertyBells (Jasper)
09-22-2014, 03:44 AM
You can't really judge the guy/girl (sorry!) for asking for help. Not many people have the same advantages that others do, and the only way to get by is to ask for help. Begging is another topic, which i don't see here. THAT topic deserves the comments that have been put on this post. If he/she (sorry again!) cant afford something, the only answer left is to follow the rest of the sheep?!

LibertyBells (Jasper)
09-22-2014, 06:30 PM
You're making perfectly good sense, I was just making a comment on the tone that was set here. Not asking for help because of what role you have is basically a life lesson. Safiras is right, you can get free platinum from the in-game offers or of course spend money to get it, but asking for help I dont really see a problem with.

Frohnatur
09-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Also. Its not that there aren't enough guilds for every taste. All you want to be is a boss. That remains to be earned through experience and knowledge, not by begging for a guild hall.
I recommend joining a larger guild from the top50 and watch how the gm is handling things. Learn. Meanwhile get some plat through trialpay or buy some (the equivalent for 50 plat is less than $5).

If you are out and set up a guild with your momentary attitude, it will surely fail.

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh. Just honest.

johnsr
09-23-2014, 11:13 AM
I am a former GM and I agree completely with Safiras,Frohnatur and, Serancha. It takes a certain dedication and if saving money is something that you cannot do then being a GM is definitely not for you. Your aspirations are very well intended indeed. But creating a Guild is very very hard. How will you deal with players that are rude or disrespectful? How will you recruit? How will you keep your guildmates interested and engaged? Do you have time to spend at least 8 hours a day online and in those 8 hours do you plan on playing or just chatting? Being a GM is a full time job and is not easy. Contests and keeping interest are expensive so if you can't yet afford to buy a GH then keep saving. You can be a GM one day but being a GM or creating a guild is not something to consider lightly. That is why we are all being hard on you. Think this through and prepare yourself and one day you will be able to have a Guild built on the premises you desire.

Pollata1246
09-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Trying to be a guild leader is no easy task. By no means is building a guild with your own two hands (like every other good guild leader has) following the sheep. Getting enough plat (through either plat offers or buying them) requires a certain degree of commitment to the game that I personally expect of a budding guild leader. It should NOT be made easier to set up a guild because then rubbish people would set up rubbish guilds through numerous shortcuts.

I am adopting an especially hard tone because I am myself a guild leader. I have seen people who are inexperienced in the game and inept at leadership try to set up their own guild and fail. When guilds like these are formed they ruin the gaming experience of others who join these guilds. There is a duty for us players to keep the game going and provide a good environment for other players to grow and enjoy themselves.

Attempting to set up a guild without the prerequisite game experience and resources is a recipe for failure. I would like Serancha advise that whoever wants to create their own guild receive a good education by staying in an established guild and improving themselves as players before starting out.

I was in tricksters for half year

Remiem
09-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Hey there! We know it's kind of difficult to get things for plat with NativeX being turned off for now. Don't worry, we are working diligently to get you a new source for free platinum. In the meantime, please remember that we do not recommend that people make trades that can not fit in the trade window or consignment shop, such as trading gold for a guild hall. It is too easy for it to result in a scam. :( Best of luck with your new guild! I saw that you created your official guild thread, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up.