PDA

View Full Version : Re: how old you...

ThaGod
01-27-2011, 09:20 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17705-lets-find-out-how-old-you-REALLY-are&p=183365&viewfull=1#post183365

Hey guys, due to COPA guidelines and regulations, it is not okay to discuss people's age if they are younger then 13. We've got some kids here, so I am going to need to close this thread.

yo, please look at what the link said...

the play button below will produce a tone that is generally only heard by people under the age of 25. It has been used as a deterrent device to keep teenagers from loitering in malls and shops, and sounds similar to a buzzing mosquito. The elderly and people with hearing damage often cannot hear the sound.

besides the fact that some older people CAN hear it and some younger people CANT hear it.
there was no instance even of someone saying they where below 13.
ps this is a thread about a thread, no longer on age. cmon justg. :confused:

icantgetkills
01-27-2011, 09:23 AM
The thread name should be can u hear this and say the age of the person to be able or supposed to hear it....

StompArtist
01-27-2011, 09:28 AM
He is applying COPA guidelines to the letter and he is perfectly right in doing so. Better to err on the side of safety when it comes to child protection. :D

http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm

ThaGod
01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
agreed with regulations, but the sound test thing isnt even a 100% guarantee of even testing the age boundary of 25.

i dont question the following of rules, only the gap between what was intended and what i see

StompArtist
01-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I think he felt like the thread was a "Hello I am 8 and can't hear a thing" waiting to happen... Some sick people just lurk these type of boards waiting to see stuff like that. Maybe it's because I have kids but I completely agree with the decision here.

MoarPewPew
01-27-2011, 09:38 AM
What JustG says is what we must abide by. It's a privilege to use there forums and we do not have the right to post what we want.

Don't argue about a thread topic...

BlasterBird
01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
If g says no, g says no. The spacetime people give us way more leash than most other games, so I think its only fair they should do this when its necessary and trust them to do so.

/2 cents ;)

ThaGod
01-27-2011, 10:19 AM
fair enough i guess. pity i didnt alter the direction of the thread properly...
k, no more required. thread death time.