PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't master chests tradeable?

matanofx
09-20-2014, 01:39 PM
We pay alot for ankhs, we pay alot for luck elixirs and we pay alot for potions

When we finally loot the master chest what is the reason its not tradeable? whats the logic behind it, how is it bad to make it tradeable like any other chest?

I dont believe in luck so in general im not a chest opener ive always sold the ones i looted in elites, if theres a reason master chests arent tradeable and im blind to it please enlighten me =]

j3peaz
09-20-2014, 02:07 PM
The chest were put in to prevent fossils from having potential glitch drops like previous archon ring glitch drops

basketholic209
09-20-2014, 04:09 PM
The chest were put in to prevent fossils from having potential glitch drops like previous archon ring glitch drops
Please read the post carefully :)
Matan didn't talk about fossil, but rather about untradeable chests.

@Matan: yes, I agree that it should be tradeable. I'm also not fond of myself's luck.

Haligali
09-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I like untradeable chests, reminds me of old days, when everyone was farming jarl.

aquascaper
09-20-2014, 05:43 PM
I also really wish that it was tradeable to at least fund my ankhs and potions.

I like untradeable chests, reminds me of old days, when everyone was farming jarl.

People still farm Jarl ;)

Candylicks
09-20-2014, 06:17 PM
They need better loot in arena.

aquascaper
09-20-2014, 06:32 PM

I looted a noble after we killed the first boss. Thought I'd looted a Planar Armor lol. I was kinda disappointed to go from a 350k item to a 1k item.

Visiting
09-20-2014, 06:36 PM

Seriously, the pinks in elite brackenridge are worth more I bet ._.

Candylicks
09-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Lol. Yup. Sam said they were going to remove architect out of the loot table, but alas... It remains.

matanofx
09-20-2014, 08:49 PM

I miss the elite jarl days too, but jarl runs didnt bankrupt me like planar is, gold and deaths alike.

Better gear too as candy and others stated, but seriously why not make chests tradeable i dont see a single reason

Chrisaetoshawker
09-20-2014, 09:47 PM
So that everyone would go to arena and try their luck instead of just buying many and spamming them?

Dalmony
09-20-2014, 11:27 PM
You have a point.

So is the arena in the end not just a gold sink for rich players?

If those among the minority who can complete it could then farm it and sell the chests, that would mean for sure that for the most part, the already best geared and richest players would be the only ones farming and selling these.

As is, "Average to poor" player *hiii* stays out. "Rich" player ends up spending a lot of gold on pots/ankhs, (maybe throws in some plat spending there too) thinking one of these master chests is gonna pay off.... master chest does not pay off... is that not just a less obvious and more enticing gold sink than the gold vanities? May not last but while it does...

Not saying its right/wrong, should be so or should not be.... just looking for an answer to your question :)

Cya in game at some point when next big thing happens (:

:frog:

j3peaz
09-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Quote from carapace

As for keeping the chest character bound, this is so we do not cheapen the drop. You have to earn it. There is no other way to specifically loot one for yourself then to go through the paces of completing the arena. There is good stuff to get in here, but there are also Epics as well. Not everything can be a winner, no? No Rares or Commons however.

Anarchist
09-21-2014, 08:28 AM
What if the bosses had a chance at looting ankh kits?

Candylicks
09-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Quote from carapace

As for keeping the chest character bound, this is so we do not cheapen the drop. You have to earn it. There is no other way to specifically loot one for yourself then to go through the paces of completing the arena. There is good stuff to get in here, but there are also Epics as well. Not everything can be a winner, no? No Rares or Commons however.
Come on Carapace. You cheapen the drop by filling those arena master chests with lol architect and lol shade. You guys made a sweet arena, the loot should reflect the difficulty. We aren't playing to lose our gold.

Even the gladiator gear is a step down from the ursoth sets. Why would you develop a zone and even host a test server, then ruin it with this terrible loot? I'm active around here and in the game as well, I can tell you that no one wants to run arena because of this.

Defiling
09-24-2014, 01:33 AM
This Planar Arena right now is totally just for AP if you'll ask me. This isn't the place to farm or earn gold from loots. Though Arcane Fossil can be looted in this area, not all players have funds to invest in this area. Honestly, I just finished my AP in this area and gone back to merching. I am earning more in merching than farming in this place. I hope sts fix the loot table. Elite Golden Warchest is a better loot in the old arena compared to the loots in this new arena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kakashis
09-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Come on Carapace. You cheapen the drop by filling those arena master chests with lol architect and lol shade. You guys made a sweet arena, the loot should reflect the difficulty. We aren't playing to lose our gold.

Even the gladiator gear is a step down from the ursoth sets. Why would you develop a zone and even host a test server, then ruin it with this terrible loot? I'm active around here and in the game as well, I can tell you that no one wants to run arena because of this.

I agree. Arena just isn't profitable and currently is just for completion purposes or just to run it to see how it is. There are absolutely no drops that make it worth spending pots or anks as the gears are junky. We all know that the hope of looting fossil is abysmal, and after running a few days with nothing to sell, pretty much it's just a gold sink that most can't afford and no longer want to do. You should have just made it cost energy and also have a tooth system drop so that people could at least buy something small to sell even if they looted nothing. The new vanities should have been exclusive to be inside the chests as well. They would at least fund pots and anks.

As it is, I don't even want to run it.

obee
09-24-2014, 06:44 PM
I agree. Arena just isn't profitable and currently is just for completion purposes or just to run it to see how it is. There are absolutely no drops that make it worth spending pots or anks as the gears are junky. We all know that the hope of looting fossil is abysmal, and after running a few days with nothing to sell, pretty much it's just a gold sink that most can't afford and no longer want to do. You should have just made it cost energy and also have a tooth system drop so that people could at least buy something small to sell even if they looted nothing. The new vanities should have been exclusive to be inside the chests as well. They would at least fund pots and anks.

As it is, I don't even want to run it.
Eh no energy. Even if essences can be found, I'm not doing that again lol.

Kakashis
09-24-2014, 10:35 PM
Eh no energy. Even if essences can be found, I'm not doing that again lol.
Just a suggestion to limit the runs and also drives people to buy with plat to sell to the community. The goal is to get plats spending, and also people running. Right now anks, lix and vanities are at a slow sale rate. Very few are running arena. No one is winning like this. I make more gold from doing dailies than arena.

Remiem
09-25-2014, 01:01 PM
I hear you guys. Definitely. I'll chat with Samhayne and see what we can do about making it a bit more profitable for you all. More soon!

Defiling
09-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Thanks Remiem! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hionadera
09-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Thanks Remiem.

It was really a disappointment when we gotta know the elite chest is non tradable. All we hope for was good old arena when we farm EGP for making some good profit from it. After spending some time farming deaths / wasting pots / plats / ankh , and what you looted just 2 epic gears, and probably some legendary which nobody will buy. Players now will go arena just for completing AP and that's end of arena.
But it's a good update for arena that's it wasn't too hard compare to initial stage. But there's a hard time searching for childsplay to complete the AP. Imagine i've run almost 50 times on this new arena and nv come across once neither do any of my friends.

Ticklish
09-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks Remiem.

It was really a disappointment when we gotta know the elite chest is non tradable. All we hope for was good old arena when we farm EGP for making some good profit from it. After spending some time farming deaths / wasting pots / plats / ankh , and what you looted just 2 epic gears, and probably some legendary which nobody will buy. Players now will go arena just for completing AP and that's end of arena.
But it's a good update for arena that's it wasn't too hard compare to initial stage. But there's a hard time searching for childsplay to complete the AP. Imagine i've run almost 50 times on this new arena and nv come across once neither do any of my friends.

The challenger does exist in the new arena. I've come across him twice, and never as a first boss. I agree with everyone though, this is not the place to score some loot. If anything, it will lead you to bankrupcy.