PDA

View Full Version : Planar armors=the new gold sink

Wutzgood
09-20-2014, 10:02 PM
As a collector I always watch the auctions like a hawk when a new armor or weapon comes out. As I've been watching the Mage planar armor sets for the last few days the only sets I've seen sell (besides the set i got for collection) are the ones bought and relisted for double the price by merchers.

They weren't selling at 200k so buying and relisting them for 400k is a perfect way to get rid of some of that extra gold in the economy in auction fees.

Got my set for 240k and now I'm just gonna keep watching to see how many others will continue these bad investments. Except for a few collectors these sets won't be selling.

tankk
09-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Way too long. Only read the last sentence lol

Ebezaanec
09-20-2014, 11:06 PM
Way too long. Only read the last sentence lol

lol.. you have not been on forums that often it seems. Walls of text is worse than a long indented post.

Back to the OP, I think people just buy for the looks. The HP loss is not worth it if you can easily save by buying Ancient Druid.

Wutzgood
09-20-2014, 11:34 PM
lol.. you have not been on forums that often it seems. Walls of text is worse than a long indented post.

Back to the OP, I think people just buy for the looks. The HP loss is not worth it if you can easily save by buying Ancient Druid.

Yeah that's why I got my set but I didn't care what type since its just for show. I wish they would have come in 4 colors so all the sets would be worth something and it would have been tougher to get them all. As of now it wasn't worth buying a good set since the stats aren't better than Druid.

I was just so amused by the same sets being bought up and relisted for double price. Especially when the lower priced ones haven't been selling at all.

aarrgggggg
09-21-2014, 01:54 AM
Forget the listing fees in auction.

The fact that arena offers nothing more than a miniscule chance at an arcane fossil, and everything else that drops is junk.
Combine that with the fact that you better have platinum or anks in order to even finish the darn arena.

Arena in general is nothing more than a plat/gold sink.

Candylicks
09-21-2014, 07:18 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177427-Please-Fix-Arena-Loot

I agrees with what you are saying. The sets are bad...

drgrimmy
09-21-2014, 09:59 AM
At least they have sparkles! :p

Oh, and watzgood, thanks for buying my worthless armor. I thought it was never going to sell even at half the price of everything else in the cs! :p

Wutzgood
09-21-2014, 10:29 AM
At least they have sparkles! :p

Oh, and watzgood, thanks for buying my worthless armor. I thought it was never going to sell even at half the price of everything else in the cs! :p

Np grimmy. I needed a set for collection lol. Thanks for having it so cheap. I think I'm the only person that actually bought a set and didn't relist it lol. All the others I've seen bought get relisted for double the original price and just sit there.

There should have been 4 colors for it like demonlord or magma. Then I would have bought all 4 colors and actually paid more for the better sets. One color made it not matter which set I bought.

Sorcerie
09-21-2014, 01:12 PM
General consensus is arena sucks, so the next question is...

what's the ETA on elite Shuyal tombs?