PDA

View Full Version : RINGS - ideas

Steverd
01-27-2011, 01:59 PM
How about a ring for increase speed.
That way when you are farming you can catch up with the party faster.
(I know that there's a potion for that, but they cost $$$)

Aza
01-27-2011, 02:08 PM
That does sound like a pretty cool idea.
I like how things like speed, damage boost, armor boosts cost money because it keeps the gold going back into the "bank" instead of keeping more out there in the playerbase which; if you increase the money in the world prices will go up for everything else.
Looking back on to games such as WoW and Diablo, rings have always boosted stats such as mana/health regen, crit %, hit %, etc. I would think those are the stats what rings would carry.

You're right though, being able to move faster/swap speed rings to catch up to parties or to get back to the boss room after a wipe (or no mage) is a novel idea. I could also see it used negatively as such to "rush" to key mobs which deters from the game, imo.

Bgandyful
01-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Wonderful idea

Royce
01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I would love to see rings, amulets, etc with special powers. Speed increase would be neat, or other effects not currently available with gear like fire or ice resistance. Even some that just boosted stats like normal (current) items would be cool.

MoarPewPew
01-27-2011, 05:30 PM
I would love to see rings, amulets, etc with special powers. Speed increase would be neat, or other effects not currently available with gear like fire or ice resistance. Even some that just boosted stats like normal (current) items would be cool.

Yeah my bird needs some bling. Lol.

Also they should make some rings have some if the same effects of elixirs but like 10% of there current effect.

Refriedchicken
01-27-2011, 06:57 PM
I like this idea, I've suggested a new class that has the ability to increase the parties speed, I think it's one of the things this game is missing.

Also, what about a Ring that gives your weapon a certain enchantment?

For example:

Blizzard Ring: Level 55, 180 STR. Gives any weapon occasional additional ice damage to normal attacks.

So for example, every 3-6 hits, you'd do an additional 50-75 damage from your Ring.

Iono, it'd be cool.

Inching
01-27-2011, 06:59 PM
make the rings show when people click on your character for further customization effects.

Refriedchicken
01-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Eh, I don't know how that would work, it would have to be HUGE to notice a difference between one ring and another, and certain armours/weapons give your hands a glow.

Conradin
01-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Rings might make a hugedifference in twinkin....

Kirei
01-27-2011, 07:14 PM
WE NEED INVISABILATY RINGS!!!!
lol jokes, thats a terrable idea
*hits head against the wall*

Axey
01-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Great idea.

Nightarcher
01-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Yes, I want rings to be useful yet cosmetic. I love customizing my character and I want it to add something to the looks. And they also should have good uses. Such as... one adds 10 damage. And another adds 10 armor. Etc.

A good idea:
I'm supposing there will be new item sets. I propose that with regular sets, the sparkles are, say, yellow. Then if you wear a ring with that set it changes the color to red or blue or something depending on the ring. (in addition to whichever other cosmetic effects it has on your avatar)

Axey
01-27-2011, 07:29 PM
WE NEED INVISABILATY RINGS!!!!
lol jokes, thats a terrable idea
*hits head against the wall*

oh god , pvp would be living HELL.

Rebel
01-27-2011, 07:46 PM
There are so many different ways for a ring to customize your character. Stats, special abilities, and I was even thinking of looks. For example, Smelly Toad Ring - Turns body color green due to the horrible stench. This is going to be a great update.

Also, for special abilities:

Chance for enemy damage done to you, to ricochet back doing half of that damage to enemy.
After casting a skill, there is a chance for a 3 second health and mana regen increase
Chance for a random damage output to double
There are plenty more.

These could drastically change PvP.

Axey
01-27-2011, 07:51 PM
I could beat a pure str bear! 8D

Cormz
01-27-2011, 07:56 PM
i want a nose ring for my bird.

Axey
01-27-2011, 08:00 PM
i want a nose ring for my bird.

oh yes 8D, i want mine to look just like me IRL!

Nightarcher
01-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Belly-button ring for my bear! I like this.

last350
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
how about instead of increased foot speed, reducing cooldown timers?

ideas:

+damage
+mana
-cooldown timer
character glowing aura

Duke
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM
I want to second the idea of having some rings that add effects to weapons (elements and/or debuffs). Of course, this may or may not be redundant with the goals of the crafting that is to come...

Obviously, there will probably be rings to increase the basic stats (Armor, Damage, Int, Dex, Str, Hit %, Crit %, Dodge %, Health, H/s, Mana, M/S). But here's a chance to think beyond those... maybe a type of ring that improves weapon speed? Or a ring that provides protection against various elements or debuffs? Maybe epic rings have special properties that can be invoked once per X minutes to provide an instant or short-term benefit?

Such as...

Lifebound Ring - 20 Health, 2 H/s, 4 Armor, Invoke once per 5 minutes to revive self
Ring of the Nimble - 5 Dex, 3 Dodge, -0.1 weapon speed, Invoke once per 15 minutes to increase speed by 50% for 2 minutes

BeardedBear
01-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Let's stop with where we want the rings before it gets out of hand.

I think something to do with procs, or proc defense would be cool? This proc would also cancel out any proc your current weapon does.