PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends II

Faq
09-21-2014, 11:57 AM
This it a message I sent to Remim about an idea I had. Pardon the grammar and spelling errors. Just wanted to see what the community thinks about this idea.

Remim,

First off I want to thank you for the amazing game that you and the rest of STS have produced. I have spent a decent portion of the last 4 years of my life spending time and money on this amazing game. Non of this I regret because it has given me memories and happy times.

Now I want to present an idea to you. Today, Pocket Legends has been over run by trolls, scammers, and other people who just don't care about others. When Pocket Legends first came out, many people will tell you that there was much less of this stuff going on. As time went by more and more people turned to the evil side so to speak.

This brings me to my next point. PL's glory days are long past it. I am 35 and often here the expression "He's trying to re-live his glory days." Who is to say that PL cant try this to. Im not sure if this is true, but if you saved all the old coding from the start of PL you have pretty much all you need to start fresh.

On the forums moderators always reply that 3rd party investors don't want to invest money into PL because they think it is a lost cause. In its current trajectory I think that they are right. But what I am talking about could give you a chance to show the investors there is still more to PL. If you created a PL two think of the opportunities it would open up.

First off it would take a lot of man power to start this new game but think past to the long term rewards of this. You would not have to spend creative energy on Pl for four almost 5 years while you recycle old content. You always hear old players on the forums complaining how they are nostalgic and miss the good ol' days. Well why not try and give it to them.

I'm a major in statistics so I don't know anything about codeing. But I'll try and estimate here. Lets say the current cap gets complaints about PL off your back for one year. Then people will just start complaining again. What I'm talking about is a possible fix for 4 years! Here correct me if im wrong. Say that all the work put into to recycling the codes and creating a new game equals the man power it takes to make a new cap. I may be wrong on the amount of time it will take to make a new game, but either way the rewards are high.

Now I want to talk about the problem everyone at STS might think which is, will it bring good revenue. I say yes. If you created a new PL from scratch it might not be worth it. But the amount of time saved I think will make it a good investment. Please don't take offense, but that is what seams to be the question for STS when creating new content. "Will we make money?" In this case I think the answer is yes.

When this game is released I think people will spend quite a bit of plat. I think this Because now-a-days in PL everyone is jealous of the oldies with their COP's and the SOH's and such. So I think this game presents a chance for people to get what they could not in Pocket Legends. I think people will spend lots of money farming and leveling so when the elite caps roll around, they have the edge that they never had.

This presents with a opportunity to make a lot of money off the people who wan to be the best. If you make the xp requirements pretty high it will scare people off. But if you make them to low, you won't make as much money. So here it will be important to find a good balance between average players and platinum spenders. This is because people spend platinum to fell superior over others. But if there are no non plat spenders there will be no one to feel superior over.

If you do create a pl two I think it gives you two option for the current pl. You can either let it continue or, cut it. Naturally, both of these options have negative effects. First, if you do not cut it, then money will be wasted on servers that are under capacity because hopefully people will be playing Pl II. However if you do cut it then people will be very mad to see there money go to waste and the achievements of PVp and Pve go to waste. At first I would say that you don't own anything but this would anger people obviously.

So I think the second best option would be to create some sort of algorithm that takes an accounts overall value and turns it into a promo code that can be redeemed on the new PL for platinum. Kills in both Pve and Pvp, gold, platinum, and items would all be taken into account in this algorithm.If you are confused I'll give an example. Say you hade 10 million gold on your account. This could be redeemed on your new PL II account for 1000 plat. Hopefully this will ease the emotions that will come with losing you hard work.

I know this is a lot to read and I appreciate it if you read it all but also understand it if you can not.

Thank you for considering this Remim.

-Jim

Ssneakykills
09-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Wonder what remim will reply :)

Faq
09-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Wonder what remim will reply :)

Ya I'm curious, should I post her reply. I'll ask her first to. Probably will take a couple days :p

Ssneakykills
09-21-2014, 12:25 PM
But some people have 100+mil and if they turn that into plat well they won't ever need to buy plat again and I woudnt hold your hopes up high for a positive answer tho but who knows

Faq
09-21-2014, 12:42 PM
But some people have 100+mil and if they turn that into plat well they won't ever need to buy plat again and I woudnt hold your hopes up high for a positive answer tho but who knows

I understand. I was just writing a rough draft and could improve some aspects such as that one.

dudetus
09-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Arcane Legends was Pocket Legends 2

Faq
09-21-2014, 01:14 PM
Arcane Legends was Pocket Legends 2

I said at the beginning pl is overrun by trolls. Thank you for reinforcing my point by posting a short and unthoughtful comment on my thread.

tarlan
09-21-2014, 01:18 PM
rem is only over the forums tho, sam is incharge of the legends franchise

Faq
09-21-2014, 01:28 PM
rem is only over the forums tho, sam is incharge of the legends franchise

Ya but I have messages both of those debs before and found that remim replays fast and thorough

Skillless
09-21-2014, 01:29 PM
I said at the beginning pl is overrun by trolls. Thank you for reinforcing my point by posting a short and unthoughtful comment on my thread.
AL is PL2, fantasy based mmo without the design flaws but with lessons learned from PL, SL, DL. As long as AL is working well I see no point in AL2/PL3.

Faq
09-21-2014, 01:38 PM
AL is PL2, fantasy based mmo without the design flaws but with lessons learned from PL, SL, DL. As long as AL is working well I see no point in AL2/PL3.

I suppose that makes sense. I never like al so I never thought of it as pl 2

dudetus
09-21-2014, 02:49 PM
I suppose that makes sense. I never like al so I never thought of it as pl 2

Sorry if my original post was too cryptic, I just assumed I wouldn't have to state the obvious.

Faq
09-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Sorry if my original post was too cryptic, I just assumed I wouldn't have to state the obvious.

difference is he explained himself as you just typed one sentence and left. Anyways the thread is not about that so there is not point arguing about that.

Trenton
09-21-2014, 03:06 PM
difference is he explained himself as you just typed one sentence and left. Anyways the thread is not about that so there is not point arguing about that.
So why are you arguing

Faq
09-21-2014, 03:09 PM
So why are you arguing

This is unbelievable. I post an idea I spent awhile creating and all I get are a couple of people picking apart my posts to find a way to make a witty post

Trenton
09-21-2014, 03:11 PM
This is unbelievable. I post an idea I spent awhile creating and all I get are a couple of people picking apart my posts to find a way to make a witty post
Okay

Fusionstrike
09-21-2014, 03:23 PM
I couldn't really figure out what you meant by "PL 2". I think what you're proposing is basically a giant "reset" so everyone plays PL all over from scratch. It would be the same content, but everyone would be forced to start over.

This would be a terrible thing to do. Most of the people who are still here hang around because of their investment, i.e. what they have earned here. If everything were suddenly gone, I expect the vast majority would simply quit. I know I would no longer want to play if all my work over the years were simply gone. Why start earning it all over again when it might just get reset out of existence again someday?

In short, the game is only interesting as long as you get to keep what you've earned. Take that away and there's no "there" there.

Sheugokin
09-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Ya I'm curious, should I post her reply. I'll ask her first to. Probably will take a couple days :p

I got an infraction, a very, very minor one, for posting a Mod's PM.

Hunter Willey
09-21-2014, 05:04 PM
I got an infraction, a very, very minor one, for posting a Mod's PM.my forums account got banned when I posted what a dev said when they banned my pl account :)

Faq
09-21-2014, 05:51 PM

We'll it is not her reply it is my own thoughts so I don't think there should be any trouble.

tarlan
09-21-2014, 06:38 PM
u wont be in trouble unless the idea is plagiarized

XghostzX
09-21-2014, 08:46 PM
If there was a way to transfer everything I invested to into "PL 2" from PL, then I'd be happy. It would be sweet if PL was just revamped with a new engine.

Faq
09-21-2014, 09:12 PM
If there was a way to transfer everything I invested to into "PL 2" from PL, then I'd be happy. It would be sweet if PL was just revamped with a new engine.

Yea I agree. That hard part is figuring out how to help people keep there investment. If we get past that I think it would be awesome

tarlan
09-21-2014, 09:12 PM

or they could make new game

Locked Crate Battle Legends coming mid 2015

Oxymoron
09-21-2014, 09:17 PM
Seems to me the main purpose for your version of PL2 is for players that missed previous cap vanities, black dragons and all those discontinued items to get them again. I am sure quite a number of players wouldnt want that. Feeling bigger n taller than the next man is what makes ppl spend time n money in any game. Reset that and i think the love affair will be over.

Just my views, thanks.

Faq
09-21-2014, 11:26 PM
Seems to me the main purpose for your version of PL2 is for players that missed previous cap vanities, black dragons and all those discontinued items to get them again. I am sure quite a number of players wouldnt want that. Feeling bigger n taller than the next man is what makes ppl spend time n money in any game. Reset that and i think the love affair will be over.

Just my views, thanks.

If sts could find a way to get say 300 play out of all those who try to get cap vanities on pl 2 the I think they could make some pretty good money. You could be right though

Zylx
09-21-2014, 11:54 PM

We'll it is not her reply it is my own thoughts so I don't think there should be any trouble.

I'm sure if you ask Remiem permission to post her reply, and she accepts, you wont be in trouble. And did you send the message to Remim or Remiem? Because "Remiem" is the community manager for STS.

Epw
09-22-2014, 04:37 AM
uh oh wth uhmmm lol. u must be kidding tho :rolleyes:

Faq
09-22-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm sure if you ask Remiem permission to post her reply, and she accepts, you wont be in trouble. And did you send the message to Remim or Remiem? Because "Remiem" is the community manager for STS.

Remiem

tarlan
09-22-2014, 09:51 PM
she goes by remi or ami if she likes u

Faq
09-22-2014, 10:35 PM
she goes by remi or ami if she likes u

We'll she replied and I asked her if I could sho reply so I'll post it when it get the ok

tarlan
09-22-2014, 10:57 PM
did she let u call her either of those names

Faq
09-22-2014, 11:32 PM
did she let u call her either of those names

Um I don't think so but that doesn't matter I think

Xyzther
09-23-2014, 06:34 AM

But it is true, you know

Faq
09-23-2014, 06:34 PM
But it is true, you know

Doesn't really matter. Point of this thread was to get feedback and I wouldn't consider his good feedback. Anyway like I said above I'm waiting for remiem to reply if it is ok to post her reply

tarlan
09-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Um I don't think so but that doesn't matter I think

bad sign then

Xyzther
09-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Doesn't really matter. Point of this thread was to get feedback and I wouldn't consider his good feedback. Anyway like I said above I'm waiting for remiem to reply if it is ok to post her reply

There won't be a pocket legends 2 unless AL doesn't make enough profit, and with Sts just now stopping plat farming, AL will make even more money than before gf doe rekt

tarlan
09-23-2014, 07:42 PM
There won't be a pocket legends 2 unless AL doesn't make enough profit, and with Sts just now stopping plat farming, AL will make even more money than before gf doe rekt

becasue devs said al was pl 2 so maybe were just waiting for pl 3

Xyzther
09-23-2014, 08:12 PM
becasue devs said al was pl 2 so maybe were just waiting for pl 3

Doedoedoedoedoedoedoe

Faq
09-23-2014, 08:22 PM

Because your being cocky I think Ill paraphrase what Remiem said. She said it is possible and they have "toyed" with idea. Ill post more details latter.

Xyzther
09-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Because your being cocky I think Ill paraphrase what Remiem said. She said it is possible and they have "toyed" with idea. Ill post more details latter.

You're*, later*

And the possibilities of a PL 2 are below 10% at this point if nothing significant changes

Faq
09-23-2014, 08:44 PM
You're*, later*

And the possibilities of a PL 2 are below 10% at this point if nothing significant changes

Thank you for pointing out my grammar mistakes. Without your corrections nobody would have understood my post.

tarlan
09-23-2014, 08:44 PM
You're*, later*

gotta work on ur dyslexia 01%**

Xyzther
09-23-2014, 08:46 PM
Thank you for pointing out my grammar mistakes. Without your corrections nobody would have understood my post.

I don't think even with the corrections anyone will understand your post o.O

CAK Vader
09-23-2014, 09:17 PM
BUM BUM BUUUUUM al is not pl2 at all, al was sts's 2'nd worst decision (right behind DL) :p imo, bcuz others will say I'm a nub, but honestly, al is a money magnet more than a game, you just gotta have it all.

Faq
09-23-2014, 09:17 PM
I don't think even with the corrections anyone will understand your post o.O

what is confusing by "there is a possibility for PL 2"?

Xyzther
09-23-2014, 09:26 PM
what is confusing by "there is a possibility for PL 2"?

Hello!

Faq
09-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Alright before this thread gets locked for derailment or whatever it's called. Can we have more comments like Cak Vaders?

I completely agree with you. 1. I think AL is a total money vacuums, props to sts for making it that way. 2, Dl was a strange game that I think never really took off. I think they used all three legend games that they have made and put all the highlights in to Arcane Legends which I think it is why it makes so much money.

I hope there would not be locked crates in a hypothetical PL 2. But hopefully sts could find a way to make some money off of it.

dudetus
09-24-2014, 05:18 AM
Alright before this thread gets locked for derailment or whatever it's called. Can we have more comments like Cak Vaders?

I completely agree with you. 1. I think AL is a total money vacuums, props to sts for making it that way. 2, Dl was a strange game that I think never really took off. I think they used all three legend games that they have made and put all the highlights in to Arcane Legends which I think it is why it makes so much money.

I hope there would not be locked crates in a hypothetical PL 2. But hopefully sts could find a way to make some money off of it.

U said it, AL is a money magnet, it's stgs most successful game.

So why should they try to fix something that isn't broken? There's no reason for them to make a PL 2 as AL makes so much money to them. Making a new game is a huge investment and after 4 mmos worth of testing I highly doubt they will make another MMO in the near future. U know, stg is a business, not Santa Claus who grants everyone their wishes.

Faq
09-24-2014, 06:52 PM
U said it, AL is a money magnet, it's stgs most successful game.

So why should they try to fix something that isn't broken? There's no reason for them to make a PL 2 as AL makes so much money to them. Making a new game is a huge investment and after 4 mmos worth of testing I highly doubt they will make another MMO in the near future. U know, stg is a business, not Santa Claus who grants everyone their wishes.

I completely agree with you. I know that AL is sts's biggest and they are not about to funnel time and money Into a game they don't even know will succeed. But like all good things Al willcome to an end or come to a point where it has lost player interest. I might not have said before but this is not a short term fix to pl but something that is 2 maybe 3 years out before it is a possibility.

Soulcentral
09-27-2014, 05:58 AM
There could always do a major rollback to 2012 and start from there again :)

Card
09-27-2014, 06:49 AM
this is a very good idea +1 ill be back!

Soulcentral
09-27-2014, 06:52 AM
this is a very good idea +1 ill be back!

Thank-you! Although this may upset some people it must be considered an option :)

watermelon
09-30-2014, 02:38 PM
So what if they made pl 2? Scammers would still be there!

Ssneakykills
09-30-2014, 02:44 PM
They are actually making a new mmo as a we speak

Faq
09-30-2014, 04:29 PM

Umm proof???

Mudkap
09-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Nice idea :)

Suentous PO
09-30-2014, 07:09 PM

Umm proof???

Actually he said

We will be doing something completely different. In a bit.

Faq
09-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Actually he said

I am sorry must have missed that. Mind adding link to the thread he posted that on.

Also does not mean they are making a new game I think. I could be wrong if I missed something.

Suentous PO
09-30-2014, 07:52 PM
I am sorry must have missed that. Mind adding link to the thread he posted that on.

Also does not mean they are making a new game I think. I could be wrong if I missed something.

Dis wun hur...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176575-next-up

Faq
09-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Dis wun hur...

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176575-next-up

Huh that is very weird. I wonder if they will venture away from online mmo games. I hope they do not. Any thought on what justg is talking about. (Guesses)

angeldawn
10-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Sorry FAQ there is nothing that STS could give me in your new version of a game to compensate for all my efforts, years of devotion and tens of thousands of plat spending. If they did this and cut off my current accounts. It would finally be the end of my STS playing and supporting days :)

Btw the Devs have said AL is PL2.

And please keep your horrible opinion that plat users use plat to be superior, to yourself. It's untrue and only ppl who can't buy plat would say such a thing.

dudetus
10-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Actually he said

Didn't realize gun powder could be used as a spice! I imagine it's quite hot, I'll try it when I do some tortillas :)!

Jig
10-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Neh

Jesusz
10-12-2014, 03:38 AM
aw sts dint post anything

Faq
10-12-2014, 04:54 PM
aw sts dint post anything

Well remiem said she would but never did. I could ask again if you want me to