PDA

View Full Version : 1.7 update info?

Coltona
01-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Ok I heard about the new update like two days ago and i'm confused with the new ideas that will be introduced with it. Here's my questions:
1. Rings? What exactly are they for looks, add str, dex, or int. Add types of damage, or increase speed, maybe crit hit chances? idk
2. Forging items? How exactly would this work like Runescape using raw materials you get from drops or maybe liquidating items? Or would it be a thing where like using a hate helm and a Ol's rift helm together would make and awesome extremely strong helm?
3. Lvl cap raised? Ok this one sounds kinda cool actually but would it mean that getting to lvl 50 would be like getting to 45 is right now or would it be the same? If so it's gonna take awhile to get to 55.
4. New place to explore for lvls 50-55? I'm also excited about this but would we really have to buy it for 10 plat? Couldn't the devs make it to where once you were ready the places unlocked themselves for you, or you could just buy them ahead of time?
5. Old sets currently the best? One of the things i'm not so excited about is that this means all the lvl 50 stuff will be considered junk in comparison to the new items? If so all the ppl that spent tons of money on lvl 50 sets and now can't sell will take a big hit financialy.

All feedback to these questions would be very helpful-thanks

Royce
01-27-2011, 08:26 PM
1 and 2 have not been addressed yet and I don't think they have given any hints at all, but it should be fun.
3) 45-50 will be just like it is now, while 50-55 will take longer. This is how it always works and the only way it really makes sense IMO.
4) Not sure exactly what you mean but of course you will have to buy it. That's how these guys stay in business.
5) This happens every time the cap goes up. The only thing you can do is sell off your 50 gear for whatever you can get (just like people did with their 45 gear when AO3 was announced). It's just how the game works. The difference is there are a ton of new players this time who have never experienced a cap raise before. Look at it like this, now you'll know what to expect when the 60 cap is announced ;)

Rebel
01-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Ok I heard about the new update like two days ago and i'm confused with the new ideas that will be introduced with it. Here's my questions:
1. Rings? What exactly are they for looks, add str, dex, or int. Add types of damage, or increase speed, maybe crit hit chances? idk
2. Forging items? How exactly would this work like Runescape using raw materials you get from drops or maybe liquidating items? Or would it be a thing where like using a hate helm and a Ol's rift helm together would make and awesome extremely strong helm?
3. Lvl cap raised? Ok this one sounds kinda cool actually but would it mean that getting to lvl 50 would be like getting to 45 is right now or would it be the same? If so it's gonna take awhile to get to 55.
4. New place to explore for lvls 50-55? I'm also excited about this but would we really have to buy it for 10 plat? Couldn't the devs make it to where once you were ready the places unlocked themselves for you, or you could just buy them ahead of time?
5. Old sets currently the best? One of the things i'm not so excited about is that this means all the lvl 50 stuff will be considered junk in comparison to the new items? If so all the ppl that spent tons of money on lvl 50 sets and now can't sell will take a big hit financialy.

All feedback to these questions would be very helpful-thanks

1. Everyone has been speculating about what these new rings will give you. The possibilites range from plain stats, to special abilities, to looks like you mentioned. No one can really say until the update is live.

2. Crafting is also skeptical. There have been a few threads about ideas. Raw materials could possibly drop from mobs in dungeons. Items could form together to form super items (ex. Rift helm combines with a hate helm will form *name of helm*). One other possiblity (which I think is doubtful) is adding raw material sources through dungeons that players must actually associate with. The reason I doubt this is all of the work that it would take to add each and every resource throughout the maps.

3. The level cap raising will allow for more attribute and skill points. There will also be new gear. Just like other mmorpgs, the higher the level you raise, the more experience you must earn. So to answer your question, yes, it's going to be slow going.

4. As with all level cap raises, a new dungeon is uncovered. The Devs released the new map to be Balefort Sewers. People have also been questioning what type of enemies will be here.

5. Unfortunately, the level 50 gear will most likely have a very high price reduction. The new gear will be meant for the new level cap of 55. Each level increase comes with more powerful gear and equipment. Many people believe that level 50 will eventually become a popular twink level. If so, the gear will have a high price increase.

Hope this helped. Goodluck!

Edit: Royce, you beat me to it. :)

Coltona
01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
4) Not sure exactly what you mean but of course you will have to buy it. That's how these guys stay in business.

I mean like once you reach the lvl cap for that area the next is ulocked so you can keep lvling or if you're impatient you can buy it ahead of time for faster lvling.

Lesrider
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I mean like once you reach the lvl cap for that area the next is ulocked so you can keep lvling or if you're impatient you can buy it ahead of time for faster lvling.

Huh???????

Rebel
01-27-2011, 08:52 PM

You can buy it ahead of time.

Coltona
01-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Bro like you reach the lvl in each area where you no longer get xp from kills so the next map is unlocked.
Ex. ao1 lvl cap reached so ao2 is unlocked for you so you can continue lvling

Coltona
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
unless (like me) your impatient and want to reach top lvl as fast as possible so you just buy it

Rebel
01-27-2011, 08:55 PM
It is unlocked as long as you buy the dungeons. You must always use platinum to purchase dungeons. That's the only way for this game to stay up and running.

Royce
01-27-2011, 08:57 PM

FYI once the level cap is raised you will also be able to gain more XP in AO3. You can get XP from mobs up to 2 levels below you, so you will be able to level to 53 in AO3. The only thing preventing that now is the hard 50 cap. I'm still not 100% sure what you mean, if they automatically unlocked the next campaign, they would have to automatically deduct platinum as well and I'm not sure everyone would want that.

Lesrider
01-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Um most people already wait till they hit the cap of that map to move on to the next. You're basically suggesting that only people who skip maps should have to pay for them?