PDA

View Full Version : our game slowly dieing?

Hadec
09-22-2014, 11:11 PM
too boring too play atm
less people online maaaaany banned
really bad:/
also people still quitting..:(

Jonnymaynard
09-22-2014, 11:21 PM
I can tell u why... because there is Nothing to farm . I mean something valueable to farm, without kits,without energy, without ankhs needed,to have a chance to loot.
Like in the old days. When in expedition camp were more than 5 people.

Zylx
09-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Sad to say, AL's glory days are long gone.

Ebezaanec
09-22-2014, 11:56 PM
Slowly dying? Yep.

The community has done its part however. The overflowing amount of input has been put out and left collecting dust. Why is the suggestion sub-forum so dead? Answer that question with another question. Why waste your time posting?

If history repeats itself, then look forward to a new game title.

Zylx
09-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Slowly dying? Yep.

The community has done its part however. The overflowing amount of input has been put out and left collecting dust. Why is the suggestion sub-forum so dead? Answer that question with another question. Why waste your time posting?

In a thread posted a few days ago revolving around a new game:

We will be doing something completely different. In a bit.

Anarchist
09-23-2014, 12:04 AM
I can't imagine myself playin any other type of online game than a mmorpg type.
Please sts just evolve AL.

Zylx
09-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Personally, i think they're creating a MOBA game.

Visiting
09-23-2014, 12:05 AM
In a thread posted a few days ago revolving around a new game:

I'd rather go play Mortal Kombat by myself at this point .-.

Zylx
09-23-2014, 12:08 AM
I'd rather go play Mortal Kombat by myself at this point .-.
Fatality!!

Sdbigdaddy
09-23-2014, 12:09 AM
From my point of view of why we are in this mess:
1) sets made all the valuable items non farmable. To open a crate you needed plat. To get that pet, you can buy it with plat. To make some easy money, plats buys kits, elixirs, etc... And you turn it around to sell in market you make gold.
2) plat farmers abused the system. Sts knew this earlier and did nothing except say is is fraud. More time passed and more abuses to the system.
3) sets finally did the right thing and shut off native x, but a lot of crates were already opened flooding the market with legendaries and other valuables. Those items flooded the market and caused many items to be worthless. The only things with value are the discontinued items, because those items were no longer loot able.
4) no one wants to pay to open locks because those items inside are worthless unless you got very lucky. Look at how many mythics are out there!
5) no plat farming and no one wants to pay for plats to open locks so the locks go down, down in value. They are currently worth 5k. They will continue to go down in value because their items are worthless.
6) farming for locks are worthless or only worth 5k when luck elixirs are selling for 11k. Why farm for locks? All the only semi valuable items are only optainable with plats. It's a bad cycle.
7) lastly, there is no content driving players to level. Why lvl to 41 when you have just the arena and elite to look forward to? The arena is tough and costs a lot as described by many players and elite doesn't drop things with enough value or interest.

Kakashis
09-23-2014, 12:11 AM
Lol, I can feel it too, I'm logging in and just doing story quests as arena is the road to poorness. It's just the same cycle until new content comes out a few months after expansion! There will always be players playing! Maybe in 10 years I'll be the richest lol

Sdbigdaddy
09-23-2014, 12:25 AM
To fix this:
1) sts needs to have valuable things come from free farming. Not the crappy % shard or whatever you need to make necro. For most players they are unattainable. I won't bother trying them myself, you can call me a sucky player but I consider myself an average player.
2) as many suggested why not be able to loot vanities? Or limited time eggs? Or even the essences required to upgrade the locks like elond chests?
3) sts needs to remove the huge supply of locks in game so maybe another 2x mythics or whatever.
4) the gold sink situation needs to be addressed. Why not make a gold opening locks weekend and kill two birds with one stone?
5) more content needs to be added to gold, silver, copper chests that are actually worth something. It doesn't have to be a weapon or armor just something. Everything inside one of those chests is liquid able. It's pure junk.
6) upgrade the weapons and armor differently. The last two sets have been meh.

I like this game and I'll never say I've regretted spending the time and effort on this game no matter what happens to it. Let's do something about this. Unless this is going to go the way of star legends. If that is the case, I won't spend my time on theses boards nor will I spend any more time on my toons in game.

Sdbigdaddy
09-23-2014, 12:38 AM
That's just my 2 cents on pve. I don't play pvp, but there's serious issues with that as well it seems. Why not reward good behavior or sportsmanship by creating a "thanks" or to steal from Facebook a "like" button that allows players to appreciate others in game. The more likes you have the bigger the heart above your head or the brighter the glow on your toon. That way others know when a true "legend" is amoungst us.
I'd make the leaderboards reflect both the kills, the times, and how well liked youve been. And no, guildlies can't vote within. Your opponents have the opportunity.

Come on, we can do better.

Instanthumor
09-23-2014, 01:25 AM
How hard is it to create a 1v1 arena? The "protect your base" game? A separate room for clashing and ctf? Just little things like this can make a huge impact on player enjoyment.

Ravager
09-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Drawbacks of itemization.

Hadec
09-23-2014, 02:22 AM
we really need items to farm with better lookd better stats etc.
sts does a great effort but i think they can do x3 better than now
they need to fix market, apply gold sink in a wider area, make
a lock weekend so price will finally come to a normall level and make
80% of things lootable like pocket legends,,,not jusst open locks...common sts!
what u think guys?

Hadec
09-23-2014, 02:26 AM
Slowly dying? Yep.

well for myself this game is a part of my life i daily login to chat and stuff.
also bought ipad mini just for this game..i cant hide i bought plat too..i don't wanna
see this amazing game dying..

Dex Scene
09-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Its sad but true. I love Al. Can't think a day without AL. Even though there is nothing to do in AL anymore I still login every one or two hour and travel around cities. Farming is non profitable. Elites, arena making me poorer.
Can't wait for Halloween

Limsi
09-23-2014, 02:32 AM
How hard is it to create a 1v1 arena? The "protect your base" game? A separate room for clashing and ctf? Just little things like this can make a huge impact on player enjoyment.

There's no revenue to be generated. Unless it's mandatory to pay plat per match, then it would become possible. You know how they roll.

Hadec
09-23-2014, 02:37 AM
There's no revenue to be generated. Unless it's mandatory to pay plat per match, then it would become possible. You know how they roll.

agreed unfortunately

Kreasadriii
09-23-2014, 02:45 AM
Dying causes of time & few updates, its impact almost everything inside the game..
Kits on Auc, Energy on Event, Ankh now, Planar drop issued..
But lets give our feedback and hope soon lil update will released soon time by time to reply what we wants in the game..

Let them consider each of our feedback and we hope respond soon ;)

Instanthumor
09-23-2014, 02:57 AM

That's their problem... And I'm saying they should fix it..

epicrrr
09-23-2014, 03:07 AM
From a forumer point of view who spent more time posting thread an commenting, it is dying. Things pretty much alive in-game such as new people just playing the game rather than those dictating on how the "game is suppose to be base on their judgement".

People still kill Jarl for locks
People are still on KM3
People are still on Arena
People are still chatting (mostly in guild)
People still have those random talks
I see new player still grinding it out at ydra

Zynzyn
09-23-2014, 03:55 AM
The older players might be bored and quitting but new players still play and AL is alive. 4500 from a locked crate might not hold any value for us but for new players who just joined, it must be enjoyable I bet. I do see people still farming crates, hanging out in towns, playing pvp and farming. However I agree that there isnt much around to farm. Pvp is getting a tad monotonous, I wish a dueling arena was introduced.

Serancha
09-23-2014, 03:57 AM
The main problem is that they have repeated fatal mistakes.

First they made mythics upgradeable so everyone used the same gear in season 5 as in season 3 (mythic helm) and 4 (mythic body). There is still no replacement for the mythic ring released in season 4.

Then in season 6 they said they were going to use "itemization" and distribute new gear over time. Problem with this is that none of the new gear even came close to the mythics we have been using since season 3/4 (upgrading mythics did not make them new - we never had to farm for the upgraded versions or earn anything to obtain them).

This means we are now in the FIFTH season of using the same helm, and the FOURTH season of using the same armor and ring!!!

Think about it. When there is no improvement in gear quality for 15 levels / a year and a half real time, how can anyone be surprised that there is no economy left and the player base is down to a few hundred players, tops? When level 26/31 gear is still the best at 41, where's the motivation to play?

Allowing plat farming merches to blow the economy to hell by making anything better cost over 100mil - that was the nail in the coffin.

Akatsuuki
09-23-2014, 04:03 AM
Suggestion about this put something like NativeX but something that can't be abuse remove elixirs(since plat purchasers are the once to benefit since lock prices gone down to 4500) just like bard quest something like that .. Because there no use on putting respec scroll if you can't earn much on farming in maps with trash drop actually I think sts benefits on NativeX advertising stuffs games etc .. Since trialpay is useless (actually it's the real fraud downloading stuffs that never really work not giving plats ) just need some adjustments for it not to be abused again .. And lastly appearance of a GM or Admin in game are much appreciated I've been in a lot of online games before(lineageII ,ragnarok , tales of talisman , MU ,) it's fun to be with actual mods and gm's in game more concerns from actual players more interaction with us are very much appreciated .. Because not everyone can go here in forums just to be heard from little concerns hope you guys could read this it's been 2 years since I last played with something this big hope to see more of this awesome game like guild wars castle siege etc that would be great !but as day past by more and more of players and friends are losing interest on playing hope you take some more serious actions ..good day everyone

Newcomx
09-23-2014, 04:06 AM
Nothing fun, farmable item cheaper everyday, mythic not getting lower... just kill end-game non-plat player interest in playing this game.... I play max 1 hour a day now, mostly less.

Dermuti
09-23-2014, 04:08 AM
Itīs a normal proc at the end of an MMO game that prices goes completely down for normal legend items, and prices raise for the highenditems. I play MMOs since Diablo 2. The same happens there and in D3 and STS makes this IMHO happens earlier. Last good map for me to farm was the Arena, now itīs mostly a Plat depending game.

Akatsuuki
09-23-2014, 04:16 AM
I've been in a lot of guilds lately but as I see it less people less friends logging in less people trading Merching it's frustrating to see people losing interest on this game .. maybe considering other complains just like my friend's who's in the LB but got ban forever for some few plat offer since our country has few offers they might consider those kind of case not by replying the same email over and over again

Akatsuuki
09-23-2014, 04:23 AM
Correct it's making people spending more than enjoying the game .. Arena has become plat depending if you are just a typical player and just farm in locks or eggs in maps it hard to go to planar tombs since you would be spending a lot of time , using ankhs and getting trash .. Sad to say but it's sad to see a game with an award for best online mobile game for 2012 and 2013 goes down like this ..

Akatsuuki
09-23-2014, 04:53 AM
Hope to hear from them soon ..

Qrowley
09-23-2014, 04:55 AM
Unfortunately non plat users are not a priority in this game.. At the end of the day, arcane legends was created for the creators to earn money.. whatever they are doing now they are surely thinking of how to gain profit from players and make the non plat users the audience.. or even more hurting, they make the non plat users benefit from the garbage of plat users.. i dont know how it works but surely, in every update they do, every patch they load, surely, their first priority is to earn money. And for players to enjoy would most certainly be 2nd on their list..

Flamberge
09-23-2014, 05:04 AM
Well, I miss the old PL time when cap is 56. That's the only time I really play endgame and farm for something valuable that 'actually' drop from boss.

Guess we can't turn back the time right.

Idly
09-23-2014, 05:15 AM
Unfortunately non plat users are not a priority in this game.. At the end of the day, arcane legends was created for the creators to earn money.. whatever they are doing now they are surely thinking of how to gain profit from players and make the non plat users the audience.. or even more hurting, they make the non plat users benefit from the garbage of plat users.. i dont know how it works but surely, in every update they do, every patch they load, surely, their first priority is to earn money. And for players to enjoy would most certainly be 2nd on their list..

Make the game fun and enjoyable people will spend on the game. Iv not purchased plat for a couple months because their is simply nothing to do with it.
Open 600-700-800 locked per time and still no decent loot to be had lol@arcanechance
Farm the arena for deaths gold loss and epics lol@arena.
Farm events and wait 6months+ to sell your stuff lol@events
Save up for all the new mythic content ... lol@S3mythics.
Respec and try out new skills lol@skillsystem.
Farm elites to kill mobs that are harder than bosses to reroll greens or disconnect and cant rejoin allday lol@elites.
Post on forums to have your voice heard and opinion counted lol@mods/devs dodging actual meaningful posts that concern the ccommunity.
Level up? Lol@1year+lvlcap.
Endgame PVP without arcane ring lol@pvp
Buy new mythic pets fron stable lol@ripmaweggs
Merch because nobody else does that.. lol@merching

I love/'d this game and its really quite obvious how to get players playing and ultimately spending again, to me it feels the devs have lost heart and don't care anymore whether about the community or profits they go hand in hand. Player's=Profits.

Candylicks
09-23-2014, 05:35 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177427-Please-Fix-Arena-Loot

Support my thread, it pertains to this.

I agree with a lot of what's being said here, droves of people are quitting because there is no way to earn gold anymore. They royally hosed arena with the loot bring dropped. And yes why are we still wearing gear that is seasons old? Makes no sense at all.

I've invested a lot of time and money into this game and hope they see what's going on. Mostly we log on for the community, not because there is any more hot game action to be had. Sad sad sad. This game is our baby. :/

obee
09-23-2014, 06:21 AM
As long as plat payers stay, they won't budge

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 06:24 AM
This thread will be deleted soon I guess
I created one about this days ago and got deleted-.-

Gorecaster
09-23-2014, 06:33 AM
Yes this thread will disappear soon, as will more players and eventually the game itself. Wish I could say gf al...

PvE
09-23-2014, 06:42 AM
Ive been playing since day one.

When i first joined the game was exciting even though the cap was only 16 (But it was fun). People cared, people communicated, the devs/mods plaied frequently and they answered our responses. We didnt have even half the fancy stuff as you all do now but the game was way more enjoyable to the whole community. Elites everyone ran once they capped (mfg they were hard as f) & if you farmed efficently you had a shot to make good money ( for back then).

Why? Game was new and exciting as the years go on like most mmorpg if you cant show your old players the value in why to stay than they leave. Game isnt dying in reality just the structure that helped build and support the game is wearing away. They still have new people with cash to spend everyday.

Today, in my eyes i see a degraded game of what i once loved to play with my fiance and I (now my wife). To become rich you have three options really. 1) been oldschool player with discontued items 2) open locks for a chance of riches or 3) farm hours doing locks for weeks straight. You hardly see people running elites because it is not worth it. Just isnt.

I rejoined a week ago and its hard for me to continue to play as i did.

Thanks for reading,
PvE

Bigboyblue
09-23-2014, 06:45 AM
People here can see the problems of the game. We need new gear, but I hope STS doesn't make the mistake of making it available solely via lock crates. This seems to be the only way that the best gear becomes available. I can say right now that I will not spend the real life money required to loot a new mythic set or amulet or ring from locked crates. This game needs to have items added that can be looted through farming. There is nothing to farm right now. How can anyone who doesn't blow hundreds of real life dollars on this game ever compete in end game? It isn't possible!!

STS, please re evaluate the items that are available as drops. Add new gear that is valuable and worthwhile. People need a reason to play and currently there is no reason to pve. PVP is a whole different story. Anyone who goes into an endgame pvp map without good gear gets crushed. How do you get this good gear? You have to spend real money and pop locks. 1/1000 people were able to get this gear through farming and merching but I can tell you those days are long gone. A new player has absolutely no chance of saving enough gold for 50mil worth of items just to be able to pvp.

Itemization was a complete bust. Introducing the best gear of the season in a 3 week long event wasn't the right way to do it. So players had something to do for 3 weeks, now what? Elite maps should have received the best gear, or the new arena. Something that is here to stay. Something that players can do everyday, even when events aren't running. Players are crying for change, let's hope STS hears us.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 07:00 AM
Except order and chaos, any game like this (but better) as well?
Lol I'm tired...of farming locked or going online just for chatting

Candylicks
09-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Albion online might be the one to finally go to.

You had to pay to get into the Alpha testing, but it's pretty amazing. Releases next year.

MoloToha
09-23-2014, 07:15 AM
I hope devs release something like Arcane Legends 2 with improved engine and (maybe) having considered he main mistakes of current AL. AL is the most successful STG game and I don't think that they will easily give up from MMORPG idea. At least, I tried all of their Build&Battle games and became easily bored with them, they have 1/10^100500 of AL's attractiveness.

Candylicks
09-23-2014, 07:19 AM
I mean, they have a bunch of stuff in the pipe. It's not like they are abandoning us. But the huge delays between the content now (almost a year between caps???), and the gear going backwards in quality is mind boggling. I mean what dev sits down and says, let's design some new gear that is lesser in stats than what we released months ago, and make a new zone that's harder to play truly makes zero sense at all.

Akatsuuki
09-23-2014, 07:20 AM
Hope they don't ignored this and just delete because this will only signal that they only want those profits more than talking care of the issue

Candylicks
09-23-2014, 07:39 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?176575-next-up

JustG says they working on a new game. Probably why it's gotten so slow for AL.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Ohh thx again

Justg
09-23-2014, 08:17 AM
Yes we are working on a new game, but we have a full team dedicated to AL as well!

Hail
09-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Yes we are working on a new game, but we have a full team dedicated to AL as well!

Thanks Justg! Can this "In a Bit" be converted into days/weeks/months/years or is it purely a surprise? Cant wait to check out what it has to offer!

Justg
09-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks Justg! Can this "In a Bit" be converted into days/weeks/months/years or is it purely a surprise? Cant wait to check out what it has to offer!

It's a next year kinda thing. And for the naysayers, don't worry... we have a full roadmap for AL with plenty to keep you guys busy too!

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 08:25 AM
Yeah!! This thread isn't deleted XD

Hail
09-23-2014, 08:27 AM
It's a next year kinda thing. And for the naysayers, don't worry... we have a full roadmap for AL with plenty to keep you guys busy too!

Thanks very much, I think its safe to say many of us are eagerly waiting!

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I've been waiting for a reply like this...
I thought sts doesn't care about this kinda thing anymore

Justg
09-23-2014, 08:41 AM
I've been waiting for a reply like this...
I thought sts doesn't care about this kinda thing anymore

Care about what kinda thing? We care :)

Akatsuuki
09-23-2014, 08:41 AM

Been waiting for someone to reply and I was totally blown away by this thank you sir Justg

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Care about what kinda thing? We care :)

Care about we whining here lol
Well thanks for replying anyway hehe

Justg
09-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Our apologies if we have not been very communicative recently. We've had some fires to fight with the fraud and such, which tends to take up our mindshare. But I promise AL is first and foremost for many of us here, and the update work continues. First up for us is getting a NativeX alternative in STAT. We're submitting that client to Apple in the next day or so. Next is the Halloween content, which looks amazing. And on and on...

farizace99
09-23-2014, 09:00 AM
The only way to bring back and attract more players in this game is to give every newbie in game a 20k gold and 10 platinum as a headstart lol

Hail
09-23-2014, 09:02 AM
The only way to bring back and attract more players in this game is to give every newbie in game a 20k gold and 10 platinum as a headstart lol

Sad thing though is then people have a way to get lots of money by making new accounts

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Our apologies if we have not been very communicative recently. We've had some fires to fight with the fraud and such, which tends to take up our mindshare. But I promise AL is first and foremost for many of us here, and the update work continues. First up for us is getting a NativeX alternative in STAT. We're submitting that client to Apple in the next day or so. Next is the Halloween content, which looks amazing. And on and on...

Hmm...one more thing
Have ya ever read about our threads talking about the farming system?
Only locked are now worth farming since elite items and normal map items are sold so cheap.
We need potions ,anhkt and elixir, which cost gold, to farm, and if we're not lucky enough, then we're actually wasting our money and time.
The longer you stay, the poorer you are, huh?
Yes, we all are excited about Halloween event, but when the event is over, the game is half dead again...
Please change the system so that we are willing to stay and have fun even if there's no event going on..
I personally like the farming system in PL cuz we got various kinds of items to farm in all levels and they do worth something, not just elite items and a certain item(locked)
Thx again;)

Candylicks
09-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Thanks Gary.

notfaded1
09-23-2014, 09:12 AM
I can't imagine myself playin any other type of online game than a mmorpg type.
Please sts just evolve AL.

I agree... if they don't we may be moving on. I really do appreciate the communication between staff and the players and honestly have a very hard time imagining myself investing the kind of time I've invested and money as in AL. In a lot of way for me it's AL or almost nothing although a few of us are checking out Albion for giggles. We have a lot invested in AL and won't be abandoning AL very easily and it's definitely not something I want to do... we wouldn't have started an active guild if we were considering anything else.

Kopikao
09-23-2014, 09:13 AM

Thanks Justg, it's very much needed in the current situation.

L:):)KING FORWARD ...

Classychic
09-23-2014, 09:13 AM
There's not much of a long wait till Halloween. People will be back up and running again then, I hope. But please do listen to our pleas for better items. The Arcane Ring is too unachievable by most, specially at the state of farming nowadays. We want to run elites, but we can't afford to burn pots, elixirs, and ankhs to loot pinks that aren't worth anything anymore.

I highly appreciate the positive tone still kept by many ppl about the game and the players. I'm sure the devs are working hard to make great stuff for us. AL almost always has weekend events, which is more than we can say about other games. I think we're all just reeling from the repercussions of huge steps taken against Nativex and users. It will take some time. Maybe we should ease off unconstructive negative feedback for a while, I heard whinitis is contagious :)

Hadec
09-23-2014, 09:21 AM
Well my first dev/mod reply on a thread of mine:D
Ty justg for understanding our fears...we just want
To don't let this game die...

octavos
09-23-2014, 09:23 AM

I have felt many games die..PL, SL, DL..AL wont be different. But with frequent comments and ideas from the devs, We can support them. But staying quiet from forums don't help the situation. Whats the point of hiding the games from the public anyway..won't it build hype on the new game? because thats whats console developers do...even if a game isn't done..teasers are released.

is it because you don't want people to leave AL? because right now...as others have posted on the thread....is AL dying? lack of content to farm without spending money is the real issue atm.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-23-2014, 09:23 AM

Yeah

Hadec
09-23-2014, 09:25 AM
I have felt many games die..PL, SL, DL..AL wont be different. But with frequent comments and ideas from the devs, We can support them. But staying quiet from forums don't help the situation.

Well said man !!

Prahasit Prahi
09-23-2014, 09:41 AM
Well is the new game a legends game or a battle game?

Hail
09-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Well is the new game a legends game or a battle game?

We can only pray its a Legends.
Even though if people were desperate on a battle game, what if parts of it were implemented as a kind of "mini game" or arena challenge or something but I for one am not a fan of battle games xD

Sorcerie
09-23-2014, 09:47 AM
To be fair though, it's hard to stay positive when the game you're playing feels like a struggle and you're constantly on the losing side, and this goes double for the free players who have to struggle the hardest considering that we have to sacrifice our time instead of our money to get ahead.

Everyone is more or less right, the itemization of the gear this year has been a success and a fail. A success because the event gear has steadily gotten better with each new event which works well for new players and old players, but then we have fail situations like Planar gear, which was a waste of resources and content. Why develop armor sets that are inferior to event gear as elite end-game content? Much less with fancy particle effects.

They should have just made the two versions vanities on a limited basis and put the silver ones in locked/arena chests and called it a day like they did with the Conquistador vanity sets, and the same with the ankh kits.

At least this would have stimulated the economy a bit for locked farmers and openers, instead of forcing players to lose vast sums of gold and plat on a economy sink.

Then there's the other issue of current mythic armors and accessories being several seasons old, which also has contributed to the steady decline of the locked market. Last season they released Rendtails Dragonstone, an awesome arcane item, but not something easily attainable for the masses. Why didn't they come up with a mythic counterpart? That would have at least keep the market on both sides motivated enough to keep us in-game until the amulet was released.

As far as the armors go, who knows when those will be replaced? But at the current pace they'll at least last us till next year.

Sadly, all we can do is hope that we don't get drip fed these things too (being on life support sucks, just put us out of our misery already)

Hail
09-23-2014, 09:53 AM
To be fair though, it's hard to stay positive when the game you're playing feels like a struggle and you're constantly on the losing side, and this goes double for the free players who have to struggle the hardest considering that we have to sacrifice our time instead of our money to get ahead.

Everyone is more or less right, the itemization of the gear this year has been a success and a fail. A success because the event gear has steadily gotten better with each new event which works well for new players and old players, but then we have fail situations like Planar gear, which was a waste of resources and content. Why develop armor sets that are inferior to event gear as elite end-game content? Much less with fancy particle effects.

They should have just made the two versions vanities on a limited basis and put the silver ones in locked and called it a day like they did with the Conquistador vanity sets.

At least this would have stimulated the economy a bit for locked farmers and openers, instead of forcing players to lose vast sums of gold and plat on a economy sink.

Then there's the other issue of current mythic armors and accessories being several seasons old, which also has contributed to the steady decline of the locked market. Last season they released Rendtails Dragonstone, an awesome arcane item, but not something easily attainable for the masses. Why didn't they come up with a mythic counterpart? That would have at least keep the market on both sides motivated enough to keep us in-game until the amulet was released.

As far as the armors go, who knows when those will be replaced? But at the current pace they'll at least last us till next year.

Sadly, all we can do is hope that we don't get drip fed these things too (being on life support sucks, just put us out of our misery already)

I would have loved having the silver version at lower levels. I want that epic facemask so badly argh! Even if it wasnt the best stat wise I would use it just for looks.

Sdbigdaddy
09-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Well, it's nice to hear everybody is really saying the same kinds of things. I've been playing this game for at least 1 1/2 years. I started posting here probably 1 year ago. I've got 3 lvl 41s. They are still wearing the same upgraded armor and basically the same rings, etc... How can this be that nothing's been changed to make me want to upgrade?
Please don't abandon us like with space legends.

Jazzi
09-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Hello guys,

I do not know whether the game is dying or not, because I am a relatively new player, who started playing shortly before the end of the Ursoth event. I might not have as much exp with the game as you do guys, but I have played most of the best games in the genre. I know officially you call it MMORPG, but really isn't on par with any PC tite of the genre anyway, so I am comparing it to smaller games such diablo 1, 2 and 3 for example.

So what is in need of improvement:

1. You cant really farm anything on your own. I leveled 3 characters to cap and played quite a bit on my rogue, but I have never looted anything usable. A couple of days ago I soloed elite the wilds with my legendary gear (all of it bought from the market) , which took me about 50 mins and 1000 health potions. During the run (with luck elixir all the time) i did not get a single legendary item and eventually got a elite silver dragonscale chest from the boss. Well I decided: Since it is my first one let me open it... Big mistake as I looted 3 green items, which netted the total of 30 gold. Lol.

2. You might say you need better gear and you will be able to farm more efficiently and thus get more and better loot and eventually more gold. But the questions is how do I get better gear. Well how i see it there are three ways:

2.1 Buy plat and open locked crates and hope for the best. Now this option aint that bad you might say, but opening 110 chest costs you 89.99 USD or converted to the currency of my country 69.81 Euro. My first thought was: not that bad. After all this is about the price of a full PC game and one which has the aspirations of being one of the better ones on the market. Well after you pay that much you should have access to the best items of the current iteration of the game. Should you not? Alas you dont. From what i gathered form the countless videos of people opening chests on youtube: chances are that you'd spend 68.91 on plat and get nothing. So LOL @ at that option.

2.2 Buy plat and buy gold with it an eventually buy the best gear with it. Well according to a renowned rogue player (Zeus) the best gear for a rogue (no pets included) is about 300 mil. So what does s simple calculation show? 1 mil gold=1000 plat--> best rogue gear currently= 300 000 (three hundred thousand) plat. (300,000/1700)*69.81= 12 319 EURO (twelve thousand three hundred and nineteen) I have to spend on this game. Which is enough for 205 PC games or 280 two-way flight from where i live to Brussels or 24 two-way flights from where i live to New york or a new car, etc. LOL @ that

2.3 I could farm for locked crates. No the price of a luck elixir is 10 k gold and you will make about 5 locks on average within the 30 minutes duration of the elixir. THose 5 will net you about 4.500 gold each, but for the benefit of the game let us say that they are going to be six locked crates and you would get 5 k gold from each. So 6*5000=30000 minus the initial investment for the luck elixir= 20 000 gold every 30 minutes. 40 k in 1 hour. On the other hand we have 300 000 000 for the best gear (that is without pets, but lets us say you would play with deary and esteban). So what we got here is 300 000 000/40 000= 7500 hours of farming locked crates to get the current best gear. So assuming that you would farm 24 hours a day it would take you almost an year to get the money (44.64 weeks to be exact). So LOL @ this option

Well this is pretty much all that needs to be improved!

notfaded1
09-23-2014, 10:51 AM
I would have loved having the silver version at lower levels. I want that epic facemask so badly argh! Even if it wasnt the best stat wise I would use it just for looks.

Is the facemask an epic item? I may have to stop liquidating all of the blue stuff... even most of the architect and shade pinks...

I have saved up a bunch of arena chests and was going to make a video of opening them all to post...

Hail
09-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Is the facemask an epic item? I may have to stop liquidating all of the blue stuff... even most of the architect and shade pinks...

I have saved up a bunch of arena chests and was going to make a video of opening them all to post...

No sorry i mean epic as in insane, awesome! Sorry for the misunderstanding

Gensin
09-23-2014, 11:05 AM

Just a single request! Its not hard to do right? We spend plats massive and a single roon map cant be doned.

Soundlesskill
09-23-2014, 11:11 AM
The main problem is that they have repeated fatal mistakes.

First they made mythics upgradeable so everyone used the same gear in season 5 as in season 3 (mythic helm) and 4 (mythic body). There is still no replacement for the mythic ring released in season 4.

Then in season 6 they said they were going to use "itemization" and distribute new gear over time. Problem with this is that none of the new gear even came close to the mythics we have been using since season 3/4 (upgrading mythics did not make them new - we never had to farm for the upgraded versions or earn anything to obtain them).

This means we are now in the FIFTH season of using the same helm, and the FOURTH season of using the same armor and ring!!!

Think about it. When there is no improvement in gear quality for 15 levels / a year and a half real time, how can anyone be surprised that there is no economy left and the player base is down to a few hundred players, tops? When level 26/31 gear is still the best at 41, where's the motivation to play?

Allowing plat farming merches to blow the economy to hell by making anything better cost over 100mil - that was the nail in the coffin.

Out of thanks :). Most of the top, top players has gone twinking now.

Appeltjes
09-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Bit of topic but is justg also his ign?

ClumsyCactus
09-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Well... On the positive side, i will finally be a first season player of a game.

Hail
09-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Well... On the positive side, i will finally be a first season player of a game.

Im in the same boat as you xD
I will be sure to begin hoarding if gear dynamics are the same as in Al

Samhayne
09-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Join the discussion in this thread http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177716-Letter-to-Spacetime-Games&p=1839694&viewfull=1#post1839694