PDA

View Full Version : Devs, thank you!

Sanatorium
01-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Haha, what a great community.
Thank devs for paying attention to your community and being awesome.
In those of you wondering what happened well... JustG and Asommers (I forgot to record Asommers) went in random towns giving out antenna's :D, here's a low res vid :p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i00Js00iGS4

Royce
01-28-2011, 12:32 AM
I love these limited time antenna promotions they do. It really gets the whole community excited. Poeple running around like mad, freaking out until they find the devs :D it's great. Also worth mentioning this was to celebrate PL winning best app ever in 3 categories (and taking second overall) ;)

Sanatorium
01-28-2011, 12:33 AM
I love these limited time antenna promotions they do. It really gets the whole community excited. Poeple running around like mad, freaking out until they find the devs :D it's great. Also worth mentioning this was to celebrate PL winning best app ever in 3 categories (and taking second overall) ;)
Haha yeah, it's great :D. I just love how they actually interact with the community so much haha.

Otukura
01-28-2011, 12:36 AM
I was in SF this morning for and ortho appt. I wanted to go, but ended up going to the flower place.. blanking on its name right now.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Awesomeness was there too.
Seemed to be covering a lot of towns between the three of them.
Thanks!! Love the late-night prowling ;)

powerandintent
01-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I always miss them when they give these out! I caught them once with the blue one's because I had their facebook updates sent to my phone. aha

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 12:44 AM
I sat in different towns inviting people telling them that devs were there. (wasn't there)

Was funny.

Also funny: People are still waving in a Balefort that Asomners was in like 30 minutes ago LOL

During the droid event, about every 2 minutes in Balefort, a random low-level would ask where Droid was, I'd always tell them he was in Glumdoll in the right hand corner, they'd come back, and I'd tell them he was in a different town in some corner. Good laughs.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Wow, earning your troll badge every day...
Glad you're not on my friends list. People on mine actually invited me to the right town.

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Every MMO needs one of me.

Sanatorium
01-28-2011, 12:49 AM
I always miss them when they give these out! I caught them once with the blue one's because I had their facebook updates sent to my phone. aha

Get on right now, JustG is still on! He's giving them away :D.
I've been with him for about 30 mins now lol.

mycroftxxx
01-28-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure I would call this “interacting.” I stood around in Balefort for almost 30 minutes, they finally showed up, dropped some antennae on me, and left. Only saw Asommers once, never saw Awesomeness. I could have been actually playing a game during that time…

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 12:51 AM
I got two, I have so many vanity items -.-

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm not sure I would call this “interacting.” I stood around in Balefort for almost 30 minutes, they finally showed up, dropped some antennae on me, and left. Only saw Asommers once, never saw Awesomeness. I could have been actually playing a game during that time…

What MMO do you know of that the developers actually make face-time with the players? lol

I'm not speaking of GMs, I'm talking the developers.

I love that they do interact with us. Before the Shadow Caves update, Asonmers was actively answering questions, and chatting with players in Balefort.`
`

Ayrilana
01-28-2011, 12:52 AM
I saw Asomers and Asommerz.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 12:53 AM

Everyone wants them to come to them and give them antennas. I don't think they had much time to chat.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 12:54 AM
I saw Asomers and Asommerz.

Sure those are devs and not copycats?

I noticed the devs now have pink names.

Ayrilana
01-28-2011, 12:55 AM
No those were copycats. Asommers had a red name.

Sanatorium
Sure those are devs and not copycats?

I noticed the devs now have pink names.
They have red names :p.
It's true, what MMO do you see with the Devs interacting with the community?
This is the 1st, haha this is great :)... still with JustG :p.

Refriedchicken
In other news I believe I have a wart on my leg.

Perhaps a tumor.

I hope I die.

Nah, I joke.

Royce
Everyone wants them to come to them and give them antennas. I don't think they had much time to chat.

This is true. Also they interact all the time. I see them in town all the time and say hi, and just the level of interaction on this forum alone is quite impressive IMO.

Militaryman
01-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Lol i remember chatting with asommers in balefort a while ago... He was talking about how the Droid. Adds. Periods. After. Every. Word. Like. This.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 12:57 AM
They have red names :p.
It's true, what MMO do you see with the Devs interacting with the community?
This is the 1st, haha this is great :)... still with JustG :p.

Could have sworn it looked pink to me lol.

Ayrilana
01-28-2011, 12:58 AM
So what colors are next? Pink?

EDIT: Meant antennas

Militaryman
01-28-2011, 12:59 AM
They have pink, like the arrows and item colors

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 01:01 AM
RASTA ANTENNA!?!?!?!?!11/slashgreaterthan!!!!>>

Physiologic
01-28-2011, 01:06 AM

Strange how also in almost every MMO, the trolls all look (in real life appearance) the same, i.e. people who go to Hawthorne Heights concerts.

Sanatorium
01-28-2011, 01:08 AM
Could have sworn it looked pink to me lol.
Actually sorry haha, Asommers and JustG are red... Awesomeness is pink.
I got about 50 pics haha :p.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Actually sorry haha, Asommers and JustG are red... Awesomeness is pink.
I got about 50 pics haha :p.

Ah ok so I'm not seeing things.
I think asommers gave me my first one, but I switched chars so fast I didn't even see him lol.
Then I had to look for a good long while for my second set -- and found awesomeness. Never bumped into G. So I just assumed they were all pink.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 01:14 AM
How'd you find him? He's on one of my friends list, but shows up as offline -- assumed he's hiding

Edit: Whoa -- I just responded to your post that you deleted lol.

icantgetkills
01-28-2011, 01:21 AM
i misssed outtttttttttttttt

Sanatorium
01-28-2011, 01:22 AM
Since he's level 51 I just went on join game, all, and went from highest to lowest level... he's 51 so I joined him (:.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 01:27 AM
Since he's level 51 I just went on join game, all, and went from highest to lowest level... he's 51 so I joined him (:.

Wait that actually works? I thought the devs wouldn't be counted in the population. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Btw, I sent you friend requests on my Mage.

Unruly
01-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Are they still passing out antennas?! I would love to get one!

Militaryman
01-28-2011, 01:35 AM
No they stopped for now...

Unruly
01-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Awwh.. I got my phone taken away..

Militaryman
01-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Awwwwww why?

Unruly
01-28-2011, 01:43 AM
My dad is going crazy over my education.. Even though i have a 4.0.. LOL

Fyrce
01-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Only a 4.0? :P

It's the win. I think they're VERY excited. Gratz guys!

Otukura
01-28-2011, 01:59 AM
I've got a 4.5 :D

Only freshy I know in my school with any AP classes, so anything over a 4.

Unruly
01-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Are you being sarcastic? LOL

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Btw, Fiuevy, I keep meaning to tell you -- your name hurts my brain. I can never figure out how to pronounce it. But I can't see a word and NOT read it, so every time I try, and it just keeps hurting my brain. Does it mean anything or is it just to torture us?

Sanatorium
01-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Btw, Fiuevy, I keep meaning to tell you -- your name hurts my brain. I can never figure out how to pronounce it. But I can't see a word and NOT read it, so every time I try, and it just keeps hurting my brain. Does it mean anything or is it just to torture us?
It's pronounced Fee uhh vee haha, it's a random name.
The devs said bye and left, but they said they'll be doing it again soon :).

Conradin
01-28-2011, 08:41 AM
I made the video. ;). Bearpire

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/b63a22a8.jpg

Vratz
01-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Waiting for a Dev to come. We had a parade... Never came.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt186/antishwag/2766e011.jpg

Skyron
01-28-2011, 09:02 AM
please post when devs are back, to connect

superglut2
01-28-2011, 09:15 AM
I want antenna

Justg
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM

We really don't.

Skyron
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
come to play JustG please

Cascade
01-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Nobody told me there was antenna giveaways again :/

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't listen to Hawthorne Heights -.-

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 10:49 AM
We really don't.
I recruit new players, I don't start trouble in-game, I help newer players, I answer questions when they're asked, I do give away some stuff occasionally (Gave out 300k last night.), and I help questers.

Just because I pointed out that the 100% drop would have killed the economy/end-game aspect of this game doesn't mean I'm not needed, lol.

What a way to treat a player who's given you money -.-

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I recruit new players, I don't start trouble in-game, I help newer players, I answer questions when they're asked, I do give away some stuff occasionally (Gave out 300k last night.), and I help questers.

Just because I pointed out that the 100% drop would have killed the economy/end-game aspect of this game doesn't mean I'm not needed, lol.

You just admitted to purposely inviting people from your friends list to get antennas when the devs weren't there, just for your own kicks. If you're going to admit to being a jerk, don't deny it in the same thread.

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 10:52 AM
I didn't deny that, I do some things for fun, but it's not causing trouble, they find it funny.

It's not like I take someone from a VL run and be like "HURRY HES LEAVING IN 20 SECONDS"

I just PM some people I know on my friends list, we mess with eachother like that constantly.

StompArtist
01-28-2011, 10:56 AM
I didn't deny that, I do some things for fun, but it's not causing trouble, they find it funny.

It's not like I take someone from a VL run and be like "HURRY HES LEAVING IN 20 SECONDS"

I just PM some people I know on my friends list, we mess with eachother like that constantly.

I think he was just poking fun at you the same way you poke fun at your friends bro.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 10:57 AM
I sat in different towns inviting people telling them that devs were there. (wasn't there)

Was funny.

Also funny: People are still waving in a Balefort that Asomners was in like 30 minutes ago LOL

During the droid event, about every 2 minutes in Balefort, a random low-level would ask where Droid was, I'd always tell them he was in Glumdoll in the right hand corner, they'd come back, and I'd tell them he was in a different town in some corner. Good laughs.

Ok, so your friends are masochistic. But what about the "low-levels" -- you could have just ignored them if you didn't want to help, but you chose to torture them instead.

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Yeah, but those low-levels spam Balefort when I'm trying to sell/buy with something someone has personally told them the answer to.

BeefyMeat
01-28-2011, 10:58 AM

1500 players on right now, I don't think they care about any one single individual to the point where the game wouldn't go on without you.

Is it nice having helpful people, yes, but let's not overvalue in the grand scheme.

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 10:59 AM
I didn't say it wouldn't, Beef. All I'm saying is thats kinda a strange way to treat a paying player, even if he has pointed out a few things.

I'm done arguing this, lol, I honestly don't care. I'm just pointing that out.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah, but those low-levels spam Balefort when I'm trying to sell/buy with something someone has personally told them the answer to.

Again, you can ignore them if you don't like it. But don't claim to be helping the community by torturing new players.

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Les, I do help the community.

For example, last night I held a race and gave out about 300k, and some Rift items.

I also went to Forest Haven and helped new players with quest, and explained the logistics of the game.

Last night, I posted a link on mybk to the Pocket Legends website, along with a new players video. (I have 2,000~ friends)

Anyway, this will be my last post on this matter, I don't even see how this could be argued, lol.

StompArtist
01-28-2011, 11:04 AM

For example, last night I held a race and gave out about 300k, and some Rift items.

I also went to Forest Haven and helped new players with quest, and explained the logistics of the game.

Last night, I posted a link on mybk to the Pocket Legends website, along with a new players video. (I have 2,000~ friends)

Anyway, this will be my last post on this matter, I don't even see how this could be argued, lol.

You are being way too nice. Troll card revoked!

Refriedchicken
01-28-2011, 11:05 AM
You are being way too nice. Troll card revoked!

That is why I have to direct players to wrong areas, to keep the balance of the universe in check.

Royce
01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Seriously refried, you've now admitted to two kinds of griefing, here where you said you torture players by lying to them about where to go to take part in what is supposed to be a fun event for the community, and in another thread where you admitted to this despicable behavior:

Lmfao, I do this sometimes for the quick lols.

I occasionally start Plasma Pyramid, or Keeper runs, boot anyone over 40, and only allow level 1-39s to stay, I let them all pot up, then kick them all.

It's good stuff.
That you would now complain about how you are treated is really pretty ridiculous. It's pretty simple really treat others well if you want to be treated that way ;)

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Ok so maybe your good deeds cancel out the trollish acts. Maybe. I haven't played with you in-game, so all I can go by is your own stories, which quite frankly don't make me want to.

Also, you giving out 300k after all the millions you made off the shadow caves, is like Donald Trump giving away a car. It's not that impressive.

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Seriously refried, you've now admitted to two kinds of griefing, here where you said you torture players by lying to them about where to go to take part in what is supposed to be a fun event for the community, and in another thread where you admitted to this despicable behavior:

That you would now complain about how you are treated is really pretty ridiculous.

Nice catch, Royce. I missed that one. Case closed.

Kujen
01-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Imagine if everyone who is ever helpful decided they have to balance that out with being a jerk and griefing people. Wouldn't be a very nice game would it?

Devs don't want any griefing at all, it's actually against the terms of service, the third rule right at the top - "Do not do anything that will ruin another user's play experience!"

Justg
01-28-2011, 11:34 AM
You are right Kujen. We're banning trolls now. Openly admitting to doing something that costs other player's money is certainly ruining their play experience.

thugimmortal
01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Omg i missed the yellow antennas

it was like 5am when the devs were giving them out

and this thread was to thank the devs

and refried has done it again lol TROLL

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow he's banned.
Was pretty foolish to admit all those things, knowing full well how the devs already feel about him.

StompArtist
01-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Wow he's banned.
Was pretty foolish to admit all those things, knowing full well how the devs already feel about him.

Ok... I will sound mean here but this is just plain hilarious.

Physiologic
01-28-2011, 01:19 PM

This is really hilarious. History repeats itself. I've seen this excuse every single time a troll has attempted to defend themselves for their words/actions. Just because you "give them money" doesn't give you a security blanket to do whatever you want.

edit: Didn't see him banned, should've read the whole thread...

BeefyMeat
01-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow he's banned.

Every MMO needs at least one of him.

BeefyMeat
01-28-2011, 02:18 PM
This is really hilarious. History repeats itself. I've seen this excuse every single time a troll has attempted to defend themselves for their words/actions. Just because you "give them money" doesn't give you a security blanket to do whatever you want.

edit: Didn't see him banned, should've read the whole thread...

Especially seeing you've given them money, and I've given them money, and everyone in the AO that he's booted has given money....but his money is the most important.

Justg
01-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Every MMO needs at least one of him.

We disagree! The worst thing you can do to a troll is to ignore them, so let's wash this one away. He will never be welcome in our game again.

So back to the party! We'll be in the game again, celebrating the Best App Ever Awards, at 4pm CST... come wave and get your antennas!

StompArtist
01-28-2011, 02:34 PM
This could be a good time for a thread closed thing?

Lesrider
01-28-2011, 02:39 PM
This could be a good time for a thread closed thing?

Or reverting the thread back to its original intention?

Thanks devs!

And Asommers deserves a raise for all his late-nite killing of spammers who would otherwise have the entire night to turn the forum into their personal playground!

StompArtist
01-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Or reverting the thread back to its original intention?

Thanks devs!

And Assomers deserves a raise for all his late-nite killing of spammers who would otherwise have the entire night to turn the forum into their personal playground!

Completely agree!!!

Sanatorium
01-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Woo back on topic ftw (:.
Thanks again devs.

giayuan
01-28-2011, 11:05 PM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
T___T why? why....
ive NEVER seen the droid or a dev ingame before...

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 01:28 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
T___T why? why....
ive NEVER seen the droid or a dev ingame before...

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m603/Hitsugaya104/48e47f8f.jpg

Pharcyde
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM

I was going mad because I couldn't get on until the last 10 minutes of the event. I managed to get a pair for all 3 of my characters. lol It was real easy finding some of the devs, especially on the join menu, it says Level: 1425 xD.

kallima
01-29-2011, 02:24 PM
My dad is going crazy over my education.. Even though i have a 4.0.. LOL

LOL...is your dad asian? :P If so, he'll probably not give it back to you until you get a 5.0 (apparently that's possible now, if you're in AP/Honors classes) that's what mind would do.

They actually destroyed all of my game systems (i'm showing my age now) including my original NES, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Gamecube etc. - that HURT, A LOT. They never liked them anyway because apparently video games are "for guys."

Cheers to being a financially independent ADULT!

Sanatorium
01-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Can't wait to see what the orange ones look like :).

Lesrider
01-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Can't wait to see what the orange ones look like :).

Not hard to imagine ;)

Fyrce
01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
OMG destroying all your games. Seems a bit extreme.

matta1985
01-29-2011, 05:26 PM
LOL...is your dad asian? :P If so, he'll probably not give it back to you until you get a 5.0 (apparently that's possible now, if you're in AP/Honors classes) that's what mind would do.

They actually destroyed all of my game systems (i'm showing my age now) including my original NES, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Gamecube etc. - that HURT, A LOT. They never liked them anyway because apparently video games are "for guys."

Cheers to being a financially independent ADULT!

That is pretty harsh lol, Yay to being an adult now tho ;) My parents banned me from the net when i was spending way too much time on diablo 2 lol. Now it's my girlfriend telling me off for spending too much time on PL lol, i can't win :P

And to stay on topic, Thanks dev's :D

Zeus
01-29-2011, 05:29 PM
That is pretty harsh lol, Yay to being an adult now tho ;) My parents banned me from the net when i was spending way too much time on diablo 2 lol. Now it's my girlfriend telling me off for spending too much time on PL lol, i can't win :P

And to stay on topic, Thanks dev's :D

If you need to start PLing you! Lemme know!

matta1985
01-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey Range!! I have a friend that is stopping by soon to say hey, so i should prob not get too involved in the game till he is gone! Are you going to be on for much longer??

Zeus
01-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey Range!! I have a friend that is stopping by soon to say hey, so i should prob not get too involved in the game till he is gone! Are you going to be on for much longer??

I'll be on all day on forums just about. I have to study -.-. So whenever your free just let me know. And I'll get on.

kallima
01-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah, sorry about that - Thanks DEVS for being so interactive and for making this game - PL is an excellent intro to MMO and LOVE that it's on my mobile. FYI: I have since deleted all prev game apps because they pale in comparison to PL.

p.s. My apologies about the typo in my previous post, it was supposed to be "...what mine would do"