PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to ask...

Junside
01-28-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm working on a tutorial video... there's 3 days left. I spent the entire day today finishing about a quarter of it. But I'm afraid it might not impress because I'm only using screen shots instead of in-game footage... I am adding heavy effects to it to compensate. There's a program I'm secretly using to put everything together. I am working my *** off on it... think I have a chance?

Militaryman
01-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Pearhaypszszsszzzs...

KingFu
01-28-2011, 12:59 AM
One of the rules is to have it be in game footage, so idk if it'd qualify:/

Ayrilana
01-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Screen shots should count. I'd keep doing it and submit it. It's still worth a shot.

Junside
01-28-2011, 01:07 AM
One of the rules is to have it be in game footage, so idk if it'd qualify:/

I can't. It's pretty much impossible to suffice because of the horrible quality at which it screencasts for Android no matter what option I try.

I tried an app to record but its highest quality would only reach 10 fps. Little moving things like the portal, sparks, all look like dissipated graphics.

So I tried another option by downloading the Android Developer Kit and took a few days to learn how to use it. I have no idea how to program or use the tools within so that was also a headache. I found out a way, but again, frames per second was lacking at around 5-8 at most.

Lastly I tried a VNC client. Another option I knew nothing about. That one had bad fps at well.

So I learned the last two for nothing.

I refuse to make it look like a half-assed effort so I don't wish to put in those crappy recordings.

Otukura
01-28-2011, 01:09 AM
I figured out how to record stuff using bluetooth connection to the comp...but it needs to be a hardware unlocked dev phone. You got one?

Junside
01-28-2011, 01:11 AM
I figured out how to record stuff using bluetooth connection to the comp...but it needs to be a hardware unlocked dev phone. You got one?

Seeing as how I don't know what that is, most likely not. Even if I was to look for one now, I don't think there's time left to start anew.

Physiologic
01-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Android has severe architecture limitations at the moment with real time video capture. Unfortunately, existing programs only capture screen refreshes. iPhone/iPad users have an advantage over Android users in developing videos.

Zeus
01-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Android has severe architecture limitations at the moment with real time video capture. Unfortunately, existing programs only capture screen refreshes. iPhone/iPad users have an advantage over Android users in developing videos.

Yes although it can be just as laggy when using the developer video recording program provided by apple.

Snakespeare
01-28-2011, 10:54 AM
a hardware unlocked dev phone...

go to apple and register yourself as a dev, then register your phone as a development device

you will have to have a Mac, like a powerbook or an iMac, to use Xcode

it's free, but it takes patience and willingness

Kalielle
01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Is it really free to register your phone as a development device? I'm registered for the basic account but I don't see anywhere the option to do this. I think you have to sign up for the $99 a year developer program.

If I'm missing something please tell me. I'm also working on a video and would love to be able to do this. I don't dare jailbreak my iPad - it's still under warranty and I don't want to void it, the device was a bit too expensive for that.

drewcapu
01-28-2011, 11:21 AM
It doesn't have to be an actual direct capture. You can just get a video camera / digicam with video / webcam / iSight.

Kalielle
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
It doesn't have to be an actual direct capture. You can just get a video camera / digicam with video / webcam / iSight.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. It's just there's no denying that a direct capture looks better, no matter how careful I try to be about setting up my camera. But I looked into all options for it and I'm pretty much out of ideas, short of jail breaking which I will not do to my basically new iPads.

Hey, on the other hand, I can demonstrate finger gestures for emotes this way - try doing that with direct capture! :P