PDA

View Full Version : 2014-09-24 Content Update (159018)

null_void
09-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Warrior Arcane Weapon Maul of Ollerus' Stun debuff now obeys PvP stun immunity rules.

Serancha
09-24-2014, 02:22 PM
First! Again!

Yay@maulnerf

Zeus
09-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Yes! Cool!

- Samdegreat
09-24-2014, 02:24 PM
A year later.....
I sense a price drop :)

Sniipeer
09-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Good idea :)

wwwgagacomtr
09-24-2014, 02:25 PM
maybe add 2x gem upgrade event this weekend :)

johnsr
Good idea :)
Sniiper! Where have you been!

notfaded1
saweet!!!

Akatsuuki
09-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Maul price 30m:)

Mehmet Tuncay
09-24-2014, 02:31 PM
very nice

Shaker Ida
09-24-2014, 02:34 PM
whats that supposed to mean O.o

Arcane Maniac
09-24-2014, 02:35 PM
everyone thins its double grand gem weekend...look at cs prices heh

Zeus
09-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Haligali will be so so so happy, lol.

ketoh
09-24-2014, 02:37 PM
sueee u

eridah
09-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Goodbye maul.. hello bulweak. Lelelel

Ice
09-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Can you elaborate

Hionadera
09-24-2014, 02:43 PM
Goodbye maul.. hello bulweak. Lelelel

lol.. those who bought maul to thk sell at good price will be curse n swear

Trecony
09-24-2014, 02:51 PM
thats a good update.... maul got corrected in pvp now

Instanthumor
09-24-2014, 03:08 PM
thats a good update.... maul got corrected

Bulwark's turn next week?

Trecony
09-24-2014, 03:14 PM
Bulwark's turn next week?
Huh?

Niixed
09-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks Null. Appreciate all the not-so-fun work you do. I know another cry post is the last thing you want to read, but here it is:

Maul users had an unfair advantage in PvP that is gone, but what about Elon Bulwark users? It's hard to see how PvP is balanced when a bulwark warrior can do equal or more mass damage than a elon gun mage. A mage with curse skill will almost never take out a warrior [pause for laugh], but now warriors can kill-via-curse mages who were already too easy to kill before the bulwark? Excuse me, wuuut?

Since bulwark has curse can you also add vengeful blood to elon gun and rally cry to elon bow at 100% proc rate? Yes, that's a facetious question, but spend 2 minutes as mage or rogue in PvP versus a Bulwark warrior and you'll understand that it feels like STS is forgetting something very important in when retooling items like this.

Trecony
09-24-2014, 03:20 PM
Bulwark is fine and fair now

Zeus
09-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks Null. Appreciate all the not-so-fun work you do. I know another cry post is the last thing you want to read, but here it is:

Maul users had an unfair advantage in PvP that is gone, but what about Elon Bulwark users? It's hard to see how PvP is balanced when a bulwark warrior can do equal or more mass damage than a elon gun mage. A mage with curse skill will almost never take out a warrior [pause for laugh], but now warriors can kill-via-curse mages who were already too easy to kill before the bulwark? Excuse me, wuuut?

Since bulwark has curse can you also add vengeful blood to elon gun and rally cry to elon bow at 100% proc rate? Yes, that's a facetious question, but spend 2 minutes as mage or rogue in PvP versus a Bulwark warrior and you'll understand that it feels like STS is forgetting something very important in when retooling items like this.

A rogue vs. a bulwark user is fine. I've fought one while wearing normal gear (no arcane ring) and was able to win with strategy.

The issue remains that Mage itself needs a buff, not that the bulwark is OP. In a mage's perspective, everything is OP because everything kills them. Instead of nerfing many things, buff the Mage to give them a fighting chance already!

Rogue are already plenty powerful. Those that say otherwise or are complaining about bulwark are not using their class properly.

Haligali
09-24-2014, 04:30 PM
A rogue vs. a bulwark user is fine. I've fought one while wearing normal gear (no arcane ring) and was able to win with strategy.

The issue remains that Mage itself needs a buff, not that the bulwark is OP. In a mage's perspective, everything is OP because everything kills them. Instead of nerfing many things, buff the Mage to give them a fighting chance already!

Rogue are already plenty powerful. Those that say otherwise or are complaining about bulwark are not using their class properly.

A mage who using curse is a complete fool now. Warriors can curse better, and they dont waste a skill slot for that. Curse is not only super effective against dot, but super effective against aoe skills: if you hit 5 people while cursed, them curse takes damage on you 5* even without dot, since you hit 5 people. A cursed mage is disabled completely or limited to use only lightning strike. Giving warriors the best anti-mage skill, seems no logic for me.

Zeus
09-24-2014, 04:51 PM
A mage who using curse is a complete fool now. Warriors can curse better, and they dont waste a skill slot for that. Curse is not only super effective against dot, but super effective against aoe skills: if you hit 5 people while cursed, them curse takes damage on you 5* even without dot, since you hit 5 people. A cursed mage is disabled completely or limited to use only lightning strike. Giving warriors the best anti-mage skill, seems no logic for me.

Do both the curse effects stack? Or are they categorized as the same spell?

Niixed
09-24-2014, 04:53 PM

I (obviously :P) agree mages need a buff, but I do think the curse proc should be at least be given a quick look-over. Taking 1/2 my 3500 Health just because I threw a fireball with DoT? Something ain't right there.

What's so, so, so frustrating is mages' consistent, long-standing complaints about PvP imbalance aren't being addressed or even acknowledged by STS. Balance is vitally, vitally important to the game in general and PvP in particular. Imbalance creates so many problems and unnecessary drama. It enables bullying and mistreatment. It detracts from fun and seriously harms player experience. Nothing kills the fun quite like knowing you have significantly less of a chance of success merely because you chose the 'wrong' class. It feels like mages are discriminated against - by STS!

If we're wrong and the classes are balanced, I would like to understand how STS determined that they are balanced as-is. That way I could at least quit crying and move on.

Caabatric
09-24-2014, 06:43 PM
well it seems like bulwark will be nerfed

phillyr
09-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Lol...y even mess with it now?

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

Noctis._.Lucis
09-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Nice one! =)
I think, Maul will increased price :)

Instanthumor
09-25-2014, 03:45 AM
Fixing a lvl 31 weapon that is still unbelievably strong in the lvl 41 cap.
Yes, things surely were balanced in the past. :P

As for the buff mage conversation...the changes are going to need to be things that only apply in PvP. Which is hard, as mages main issue is being so susceptible to damage. Should mages just receive +20% health in PvP dungeons?
Changes that effect them in pve, too...they'd be the class to be, as they are already beastly when played right.

I think mages should be buffed only in PvP. 20% health sounds good. They should also buff the armor stat within all mage gear (druids of all levels, mythic set, magma, etc.) Not only would that help mages in endgame, but twink mages can be up to par as well.

Sundar Moorthi
09-25-2014, 03:48 AM
am a mage user am using mage past 2 years i dont play any other classes as my suggestion is mages if a food for WARRIOR & ROGUES a arcane shade mage die like a paper when mage's shield down, rogues crit's broken mage's shield easily as well as Tankz skyward smash, i hope and sts will concider mage can survice without shield atleast 6 sec's

My mage hp its 4.3k, dmg 720, armor 1180 -> when my shield down zeus killed me single shot when i was 80%hp :-) in tdm

SacredKnight
09-25-2014, 04:10 AM
Great :3

Now fix Juggernaut and the other bugs :P

Sean Low
09-25-2014, 04:37 AM
Will bulwark be debuff ??

Bigboyblue
09-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Mages shield duration could be lengthened and the cd shortened. Although this has pve implications as well. Sure, rogues one shot us from 100% hp to 0% with a single crit aimed but they do that to each other as well. The real issue is the miss match between warriors and mages. Could STS not apply a damage increase in PVP only pertaining to the warrior class? I'm not sure how much of an increase is needed but maybe 15%? Make mages do 15% more damage to warriors only in pvp. Keep the damage unbuffed when hitting rogues and mages as there is a balance between these classes currently.

Kopikao
09-25-2014, 08:19 AM
bulwark's turn next week?

:D Bul wa ha ha ha !!!

notfaded1
09-25-2014, 08:44 AM
Geesh is seems to me VERY recently I remember people complaining about how badly the bulwark needs a buff! Entire threads about it as a matter of fact! What do you expect STS to do? Pve is actually really held back by all this back and forth about balancing pvp too. I'm not sure there's an easy answer to this... I can see how buffing sorc's just for some balance in pvp could really mess pve up... including all the lb stuff.

Hectororius
09-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Geesh is seems to me VERY recently I remember people complaining about how badly the bulwark needs a buff! Entire threads about it as a matter of fact! What do you expect STS to do? Pve is actually really held back by all this back and forth about balancing pvp too. I'm not sure there's an easy answer to this... I can see how buffing sorc's just for some balance in pvp could really mess pve up... including all the lb stuff.
The thing is though sts already adjusts stats for the classes to make things more balanced, but obviously are not doing enough to get things right.

Maybe they should buff mages curse to bahave more like the bulwark proc and see what happens. Also reduce its CD time to something more respectable

Excuses
09-25-2014, 01:39 PM
Since it says 'stun' looks like a fair update.

But why now? It's been an year like that why now with bulwark upgrade?
I smell someone is trying to raise bulwark price. Huhu

KILLABYNATURE
09-26-2014, 08:30 PM
I don't understand how STS can play the biggest game out of all.?It takes months of hard work to make money to buy your items. Cause of a mistake STS makes, players lose their hard earnt millions.The most UNFAIR GAME ever.Make a weapon&leave it as is.Get it right.
Why do we players pay for your NOOB mistakes.? Whether its your bullwark or arcane maul. Game suppose to be fun.You guys make it stressful.

kiffnshey
09-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Unfair update lmao mauler should be stun everywhere pve or pvp

phillyr
09-27-2014, 07:42 AM
Unfair update lmao mauler should be stun everywhere pve or pvp
It still stuns, but it cannot stunlock in pvp anymore. It obeys the 7 seconds stun immunity

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆