PDA

View Full Version : Simple question.

Sinistersoul
09-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi, I've a simple question..
How a normal player ( not stuffed with full mythic) can win money if nobody accept them on elite map?
I hâte that, i just need 300k [removed] gold to be in mythic set but i need lot of chance to find players who accept low stuffed players.

spimeslam
09-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Guild members might help or just farm eggs or locked. Try to farm a location where multiple sellable items are. Farm the lower level elites they are a lot easier like southern seas.

FluffNStuff
09-24-2014, 04:28 PM
Is the problem gear or pots? Because players that do not spam pots cost their teammates gold.

obee
09-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Is the problem gear or pots? Because players that do not spam pots cost their teammates gold.
Well still you can't just leave people out

mlb2005
09-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Well still you can't just leave people out

This happens a lot. I have even gone into a map and been told to leave lol. My mage is about as good of geared as can be without having any super pieces. I have about 300k saved up and its slow going.

I don't even want to talk about the way some warriors get treated. Heck the warrior descrimination at km3 is disgusting haha. Oh no! if we have a warrior it will take 26.3 seconds longer! Give me a break. This community is quite sad sometimes.

I do understand in elites wanting awesome geared people to make it faster so you can farm more but throw the lesser people a bone sometimes. I've had one group of nicely geared folks take me along in a random elite wilds and we finished it pretty quick even though I wasn't uber. I learned some things also so made for a great run for me even though my drop was junk. :)

obee
09-24-2014, 05:19 PM
This happens a lot. I have even gone into a map and been told to leave lol. My mage is about as good of geared as can be without having any super pieces. I have about 300k saved up and its slow going.

I don't even want to talk about the way some warriors get treated. Heck the warrior descrimination at km3 is disgusting haha. Oh no! if we have a warrior it will take 26.3 seconds longer! Give me a break. This community is quite sad sometimes.

I do understand in elites wanting awesome geared people to make it faster so you can farm more but throw the lesser people a bone sometimes. I've had one group of nicely geared folks take me along in a random elite wilds and we finished it pretty quick even though I wasn't uber. I learned some things also so made for a great run for me even though my drop was junk. :)
Ikr I feel bad for warriors lol. Last season with the timed runs...lol

ibighunk
09-25-2014, 03:31 AM
Hi, I've a simple question..
How a normal player ( not stuffed with full mythic) can win money if nobody accept them on elite map?
I hâte that, i just need 300k [removed] gold to be in mythic set but i need lot of chance to find players who accept low stuffed players.
If u r little good ..i make u for elites :) ign : ibighunk

GoodSyntax
09-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Shoot me a PM in game and I will run with you. I am not picky about my party and might teach you a thing it two along the way.

When you PM me, just remind me that you were in forum because I don't accept blind invites.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-28-2014, 05:03 AM
I also have poor stat, but I'm not told to leave...
Ohhhh don't buy mythic set!!
You'll regret!!!!!

Appeltjes
09-28-2014, 05:09 AM
Shoot me a PM in game and I will run with you. I am not picky about my party and might teach you a thing it two along the way.

When you PM me, just remind me that you were in forum because I don't accept blind invites.

Can I also add u:)?

Hail
09-28-2014, 07:01 AM
Try join a guild like Elite Runners or any other guild that focuses on running elites, I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will take you in and run with you and over time you will earn those gears and farming elites will become easier and easier. We don't all start good right? :)

Amadorbibidor
09-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Lol I'm asking what gonna happen when my dmg gonna be 200. Yes. 6,9k hp and 2,5k armor. But i'm curious what ppl will think with a 200 dmg tank xD

j3peaz
09-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Tanks are better suited for elites than km3 imo. I like to run elite pugs if no guildies wanna run and end up waiting for a tank to join. Remember wars are tanks not dps, that's y you aren't wanted at km3 but if you can tank decently and know parks you are an asset in elites

GoodSyntax
09-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Can I also add u:)?

Sure, but please PM me before sending the FR.

I literally have 150 pending FRs from people I don't recognize, so unless you want to go into that black hole, make sure you let me know before you send it.

Appeltjes
09-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Sure, but please PM me before sending the FR.

I literally have 150 pending FRs from people I don't recognize, so unless you want to go into that black hole, make sure you let me know before you send it.

Oh lol to late xD well just incase im appeltjes:).

GoodSyntax
09-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Lol I'm asking what gonna happen when my dmg gonna be 200. Yes. 6,9k hp and 2,5k armor. But i'm curious what ppl will think with a 200 dmg tank xD

I honestly wouldn't care if you had zero DMG....if you can hold aggro like a king, and you just plain don't die, I am thrilled.

You couldn't imagine how many tanks I've seen with one, possibly two taunts in their build that seem to die at every pull. Hold aggro and stay alive, you'll be a regular in elite runs.

Amadorbibidor
09-28-2014, 08:22 AM
I honestly wouldn't care if you had zero DMG....if you can hold aggro like a king, and you just plain don't die, I am thrilled.

You couldn't imagine how many tanks I've seen with one, possibly two taunts in their build that seem to die at every pull. Hold aggro and stay alive, you'll be a regular in elite runs.

Pls tell this to other warr with 380 dmg that see me and say, you leave map nab, I have more dmg so I tank xD

GoodSyntax
09-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Pls tell this to other warr with 380 dmg that see me and say, you leave map nab, I have more dmg so I tank xD
DMG is a low value stat for tanks. Rarely will the fastest run have a tank in party. Tanks are there to make runs easier and cost fewer pots/plat.

Anyone that says I have more DMG so I tank obviously does not understand the mechanics of the game.

Any self respecting "pure" tank will run with a sword and shield. So, I would expect to see low DMG levels, but high HP and Armor.

Trust me, good runners know a good tank when they meet one. I got a great guildie that takes it as a personal insult when he let's one of his party members die, or if someone can take aggro away from him. That's the kind of attitude that makes for a great tank!

Serancha
09-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Can't hold aggro without damage. I've run with plenty of amazing warriors who don't use a sword/shield, keep aggre and do not die. Have to disagree with you on this kali. A level 41 warrior with 200 damage is useless. Certain minimums must be met to be actually useful.

Appeltjes
09-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Can't hold aggro without damage. I've run with plenty of amazing warriors who don't use a sword/shield, keep aggre and do not die. Have to disagree with you on this kali. A level 41 warrior with 200 damage is useless. Certain minimums must be met to be actually useful.

No as long as the warrior uses good taunt skills it's fine:).

Xorrior
09-28-2014, 12:39 PM

That's very controversial Serancha :)

I agree with Kalizzaa, the damage comes from squishes and not warriors.

Honestly, any squishy criticises my damage, I will fart ferociously in their direction!

Serancha, you must have exceptional warriors in your guild who have a sword, keep aggro and don't die.

If I was in your guild and you said Y U NO DAMAGE!
I would say Y U NO FAIR!

Xorrior
09-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Every time I die in elites, I take it very very personal. Sometimes it can't be helped i.e a stray arrow or a fireball hits another mob, or an over zealous squishy taunts a huge nasty mob like shaman, kommodos, archers, whelps, rest of the gang and expect you to stay alive through it, while they go pew pew and freeze or stun nothing -_- I'm a tank not mr Invincible. I too have a health bar :)

A funny thing happened to me once in elite Tindirin wilds, after the first mob, one rogue shot off and went straight ahead and pulled, and the other one went to the right and pulled, both mobs heading in my direction and I was like HOLY GUACAMOLE! Yeah I died twice there!

Best advice for a nice elite run is follow Ishmeets guide.

Amadorbibidor
09-28-2014, 07:26 PM

Read Ishmeet guide

-----> Damage: Not really important but 320+ is more than enough. Damage helps to keep aggro, but skills are the principals actors, I use 3 taunts and I think that if the rogue Doesn't use taunts and the mage doesn't blow mobs away I keep aggro good. If it would be as you are saying then only bulwark users can farm elites? Lol I hate when DPS's expect a super tanky with 400 dmg and 8k hp. Not everyone has got bulwark and arcane ring lmfao

obee
09-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Read Ishmeet guide

-----> Damage: Not really important but 320+ is more than enough. Damage helps to keep aggro, but skills are the principals actors, I use 3 taunts and I think that if the rogue Doesn't use taunts and the mage doesn't blow mobs away I keep aggro good. If it would be as you are saying then only bulwark users can farm elites? Lol I hate when DPS's expect a super tanky with 400 dmg and 8k hp. Not everyone has got bulwark and arcane ring lmfao
I'm out of thanks brah

Serancha
09-28-2014, 11:00 PM
You guys are arguing with a mythic bow rogue who steals aggro with no taunt skills, every time she shoots. I also play warrior, and for a warrior to keep aggro he must have a weapon that is both fast and applies decent damage, or he is not going to keep aggro no matter what skills he uses. There are multiple factors that grab a mob's attention, and the amount of damage being dealt is one of them, the speed at which someone hits is another. This means damage and dps both have an affect. If you have played elites as warrior with 3 mythic level dps, you will know that they will be potentially stealing that aggro every time they hit. This means the warrior must have skills, timing, and appropriate gear.

As for the original topic, a warrior without money for proper gear is unlikely to be a decent elite warrior, because as such a warrior, worrying about potion money and pet food is not an option.

@Amadorbibidor
No, i don't expect warriors with bulwarks and arcane rings. I run a legendary with a claymore who does perfectly well without either. That's my whole point. You don't need a sword/shield - in fact I don't believe there's any benefit to one except that the new buffs on bulwark give it a bonus.

@Xorrior
I don't mind being controversial, and I do have exceptional warriors in my guild. All of them are exceptional, and there's no reason I should settle for less. :)

GoodSyntax
09-29-2014, 07:10 AM
Sera,

I usually agree with you on most things, but here, we will have to agree to disagree.

I would happily take a Pavise or Bulwark tank with four taunts over a DMG focused Mauler/Glaive with only three taunts. Even a four taunt Conqueror Sword and Board tank is great for aggro control (with the PROC from the Conqueror adding a 5th taunt).

Sure, I can take away aggro at will if that is what I want to do, but if Rogues are doing their job correctly by attacking the high threat mobs first, and focusing on one mob at a time, then the tanks will have an easier job. It is not a contest of who can pull the most aggro, because all that any Rogue needs to do is go Razor and charged Nox, wade into a group and hit everything they can find. Two Rogues doing this would make it nearly impossible for any tank to effectively hold aggro.

If a tank can control aggro with a Claymore or Glaive (I have run with a few that could), then great, but I have run with far too many that couldn't, either because they were PvP spec and without taunts, or couldn't take the beating from the mobs. A prototypical elite tank would be a sword and shield with four taunts that can hold aggro, knows how to bunch up mobs and protects his party. There are some that can do this with an offensive weapon, but they are the exception, not the rule.

You should give your tanks a high five, because offensive tanks that can tank are uncommon, and a real asset to any run.

Dex Scene
09-29-2014, 07:50 AM
A good tank don't need to damage much that's a rogue and mage work. Good taunts, heal shield in time and agro holder is pleasant to run elites with. I can care less about the damage or the 2-5mins extra time to finish.
Good damage is a plus thing to have but not a necessity for a warrior.
Dmg weapons are mainly for pvp. Nothing wrong using em in pve aslong as they can keep all the agroo and dont die.

Also the rogues and mages need to be knowledgeable too.
If a rogue charge nox in elites with 6 enemy upgrade or if a mage heal or use dots in elites, don't blame the warrior about the agro.

Serancha
09-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Sera,

I usually agree with you on most things, but here, we will have to agree to disagree.

I would happily take a Pavise or Bulwark tank with four taunts over a DMG focused Mauler/Glaive with only three taunts. Even a four taunt Conqueror Sword and Board tank is great for aggro control (with the PROC from the Conqueror adding a 5th taunt).

Sure, I can take away aggro at will if that is what I want to do, but if Rogues are doing their job correctly by attacking the high threat mobs first, and focusing on one mob at a time, then the tanks will have an easier job. It is not a contest of who can pull the most aggro, because all that any Rogue needs to do is go Razor and charged Nox, wade into a group and hit everything they can find. Two Rogues doing this would make it nearly impossible for any tank to effectively hold aggro.

If a tank can control aggro with a Claymore or Glaive (I have run with a few that could), then great, but I have run with far too many that couldn't, either because they were PvP spec and without taunts, or couldn't take the beating from the mobs. A prototypical elite tank would be a sword and shield with four taunts that can hold aggro, knows how to bunch up mobs and protects his party. There are some that can do this with an offensive weapon, but they are the exception, not the rule.

You should give your tanks a high five, because offensive tanks that can tank are uncommon, and a real asset to any run.

I do give my tanks high 5's :) i don't think we're disagreeing that much really. Bulwark and pavise are exceptions to the sword/shield atrocity because they have excellent procs and (now) higher damage than normal crap sword/shields. But a skilled tank is a skilled tank. Period. There's crappy ones everywhere, but using sword/shield to cover for lack of ability? Eew.

Given two warriors with high skill and equal taunts, however, I'd choose the one with the weapon that does more damage faster, every time.

Sinistersoul
09-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Wow thanks ^^ i Will send you a invite. Hmm i'm level 41 with 506 dps en ~460 damage if i remember. Join a guild like that can be a good idea :)

Sinistersoul
09-29-2014, 12:27 PM
I also have poor stat, but I'm not told to leave...
Ohhhh don't buy mythic set!!
You'll regret!!!!!

Why i'll regret? O.o

Amadorbibidor
09-29-2014, 01:25 PM
Why i'll regret? O.o

myths are soon gonna be trashed. Maybe new myths come, why do you think price is so low now lol? There are ullers, villis and himiniglevas everywhere.

GoodSyntax
09-29-2014, 01:30 PM
But a skilled tank is a skilled tank. Period.

Booyah - This right here sums up the gear vs. skill argument perfectly!

And I agree, all things being equal, I'd take the higher DMG tank, but on the flip-side, I won't turn down a skilled tank, no matter their gear.

Serancha
09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Booyah - This right here sums up the gear vs. skill argument perfectly!

And I agree, all things being equal, I'd take the higher DMG tank, but on the flip-side, I won't turn down a skilled tank, no matter their gear.

See? We don't actually disagree at all ;) In my experience a skilled tank knows enough to have appropriate gear in any case.

Sinistersoul
09-29-2014, 05:30 PM
myths are soon gonna be trashed. Maybe new myths come, why do you think price is so low now lol? There are ullers, villis and himiniglevas everywhere.

Yes it´s right but i need mythic to be accepted in elite. With out elite how can i make gold? If i don't make gold, how can i buy the future mythics stuff ? F*****g logic but for me it's that

Schnitzel
09-29-2014, 05:47 PM
Yes it´s right but i need mythic to be accepted in elite. With out elite how can i make gold? If i don't make gold, how can i buy the future mythics stuff ? ******* logic but for me it's that

Firstly, do not use, or imply, profanity on Forums

Secondly, run with friends or guild members
I was running elites (a while back) with lvl41 Living Spirit armor and helm for mage. I didn't get removed from the party/game

As for the gold part,
craft gems, and keep them until 2x chance-at-grand-gems weekend then sell them for money
keep events items until event is over, wait a while then sell them.

(This is how i made enough money to spend occasionally for buying items, and helping friends (When i can) )