PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] "Search" possibility in friend list system

Amadorbibidor
09-25-2014, 09:20 AM
Hey arlorians!

I'm gonna present myself, my in-game name is Tankermatic, some people may recognize me by the name of Amadorbibidor. I am not so famous than other people who posts constructive and good threads, but I think some people will like to get this implemented.

Introduction:

Do you have a large friend list? I had few people in my list, few hundreds, and I reached a moment when if I wished to party invite or private message any of my friends that name wasn't starting with "a" I had to search a lot of time till reached the one I wanted to see. Recently I had to remove a lot of people I knew just to have a decently and non disturbing friend list. I am not talking about people who you find in Traveler's Outpost and they send you a friend request because they liked your gear. I am talking about people who I met in dungeons and we decided to keep the contact to maybe keep running or run again next time we have to! Crudely no? I know there is a very famous guy who is reading this and he is now thinking that it will be easier to find right person he wants to see just by typing few letters

Suggestion:

It could be similary to the "search" of auction. All you have to do is to write the name of your friend you want to see. Also if you would write a letter for example "t" you will be able to see all names which start with "t". This will work great to make your friend list shorter when you want to see somebody but you forgot his name but you still remember a part or the first letter. It could have a box to tick like the "usable only" from auction but in this chase it could have "online only" if you just want to see if he/she is connected or not. The "search" button could be placed here (or in any place STS wants) as you can see in the photo:http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/25/y9ydysyn.jpg

Ending up and notes:

I hope you understand what I want to express here and also I won't make an endless talking about a simple thing like this. I think everybody understand what I want to say and I am curious to see if somebody will like my idea! This thread was made with Tapatalk from my phone and it's very probable that only users of same App can see the photo and colors I added. Excuse the disturbs. Comment, like and suggest more stuff if you like it and say something if you think this is useless! I don't mind to know the truth xD but please constructive replies.

see y'all! ;)

P.S: Excuse my english :P

notfaded1
09-25-2014, 11:15 AM
This is a good idea I have around 1500 now so this could help... also when you go to click on one and they move around all over the place sometimes I invite the wrong person I hardly know on accident as well... I don't know what the fix for that would be? When you have a large list this updating happens all the time! o.O

Visiting
09-25-2014, 11:16 AM
At one point in time I had about 900 friends, and it was a pain to scroll through a find people, with this I could find people on my list (250 people) so much faster than now! I support this 100%

Candylicks
09-25-2014, 11:25 AM
It would be very helpful to be able to create a 'favorites' list out of your friends, so you can see quickly if your normal crew is around to run.

Amadorbibidor
09-25-2014, 11:35 AM
It would be very helpful to be able to create a 'favorites' list out of your friends, so you can see quickly if your normal crew is around to run.

Brilliant idea!! Oh my god da candy is a genius xD

Remiem
09-25-2014, 11:57 AM
Great idea! :) I'll pass this along to the devs.

Amadorbibidor
09-25-2014, 12:00 PM
This is a good idea I have around 1500 now so this could help... also when you go to click on one and they move around all over the place sometimes I invite the wrong person I hardly know on accident as well... I don't know what the fix for that would be? When you have a large list this updating happens all the time! o.O

Fix for that? Ehmm.. Maybe if you use search u can just see who u want to or another thing, 1 minute cooldown for update of list. Update....1 minute.. Another update... Another minute... Etc. It usually happened to me too when 700 friends

Thefireofic
09-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Good idea, I have so many friends! I need a search bar or favorites list!
:)

Xorrior
09-25-2014, 01:36 PM
This is an awesome idea :) +10

Out of my three friends, I always have trouble finding the third.

+20 to Remiem for trying to bring it to the attention of the devs. +20 because it's double PLUS weekend.

Amadorbibidor
09-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks everybody for support :)

Soundlesskill
09-26-2014, 12:31 AM
+1. It's tought to be popular, ain't it? :P

hozukreti
09-26-2014, 01:22 AM
Good idea.

Hail
09-26-2014, 08:01 AM
For Guilds too please - coming from a player in a guild with almost 1500 members!

Also could we have a "Best Friends" system. So the people we play with and talk to the most could be at the top of our lists! (PS sorry for putting my suggestion here, too lazy to make a new thread xD)

Amadorbibidor
09-26-2014, 08:43 AM
For Guilds too please - coming from a player in a guild with almost 1500 members!

Also could we have a "Best Friends" system. So the people we play with and talk to the most could be at the top of our lists! (PS sorry for putting my suggestion here, too lazy to make a new thread xD)

Of course. Candylicks suggested a favorite list before you but you are right, it could work for guilds too. Thx for support ;)

Bigboyblue
09-26-2014, 11:40 AM

So you mean I'm 1 of 1500? I thought what we had was special. . .

Candylicks
09-27-2014, 09:12 AM
So you mean I'm 1 of 1500? I thought what we had was special. . .

He's a friend ho. Send him fr he accepts, then complains his list is too big and accidentally pt people then kicks them. Lol..

MoloToha
09-28-2014, 04:38 AM
Cool, I'll add it to list

fiftyonecents
10-06-2014, 10:55 PM

GOOD IDEA CANDY!! HAHAHA

make a thread ...lol

seriously