PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends & Star Wars Galaxies

Assbug
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM

FluffNStuff
01-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Lol on mentioning the Combat upgrade and new game experience, another thing sts is linked to. Luckily life is a learning experience.

Assbug
01-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey, it happened.

Assbug
01-28-2011, 09:11 PM

Phaded
01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Wait, these devs were responsible for the cu and nge? Ugh...

Anyways, pre9 jedi, wanderhome

Phaded
01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
also first armorsmith... I was rich lol

Assbug
01-28-2011, 10:29 PM
they were also responsible for the original game which was magnificent.

Justg
01-28-2011, 10:50 PM
We were not part of NGE or CU. We were the original SWG and JTL. Cinco and Jakis were there too.

Good times!

giayuan
01-28-2011, 10:59 PM
? Whats all this? Hehe..clueless me.. is this PC game or itouch?

derekle
01-29-2011, 12:32 AM
lol 8 years ago i was a lil boy... same with u cereal xD

giayuan
01-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Exactly =) wow 8?!

DawnInfinity
01-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Missed this.. oh wait.. I was little. :o

ChadM
01-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Oh man, hands down the best MMO ever. Until it wasn't.

I'm still waiting and hoping something that good comes along again.

PreCU(RB) Jedi from Corbantis with an alt RIS capable AS cranking out 71% composite. Imps own, Rebs clone.

I'm honored to play something any of those original guys worked on, I bought Raph Koster's book.

Skyron
01-29-2011, 06:18 AM
We were not part of NGE or CU. We were the original SWG and JTL. Cinco and Jakis were there too.

Good times!

The best MMORPG : complex crafting, many combins for profs, tactical, a social part that you can't find in an other MMORPG, perfect for hardcore gamers and casual.
The only type of MMORPG I will pay for will be some similar.

... but CU and NGE break all the game (more NGE than CU)

Phaded
01-29-2011, 06:52 AM
emu is playable, precu and all

last350
01-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Kauri server, 6th jedi on server. Kar trosden, nedsort rak, cant remember other name got third after nge. Game was great pre cu. Awesome topic, have to get back to u later, adding a third bathroom to my house today, busy for a long while but really want to get into this thread!!!!

ChadM
01-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Fond memories from SWG:

Assigning patrols at the Krayt Graveyard, all overt, all with faction detectors to control the market for flawless pearls and give the Imperial minority the economic and saber advantage.

Assigning guards at the Imperial base on Naboo to prevent Rebels from farming Dark Troopers to control the market for holocrons. Then using city warn to TEF an Imperial and dashing in to clear the base, farming them for ourselves, maintaining an economic advantage over Rebels and fast tracking more future Imperial Jedi for further domination.

Creating a city with a single entrance/exit point, essentially a circle of houses with a faction base in the middle. The clone center was inside the circle, with turrets and faction detectors outside the entrance. When the Rebs came, we dropped a house, sealing them in. If they went to the nearest clone center, they were still trapped inside while we counter attacked and laughed at the item decay and frustration that happened.

Making a smuggler alt for base busting runs(and slicing for the guild, they didn't actually smuggle, so they were somewhat rare to see). The very first time we went to destroy a faction base, the first destroyed on our server, it was unguarded with a weird ~4am vulnerable time. We went in with... I think it was 5 different professions required to do it, and like 3 extra guys to help tank, and we started killing. Halfway down inside the bunker, a covert Reb logs on and has a freak out about us being there, sounding the alert via guild chat to anyone that was online. We started the countdown clock as they amassed a defense force outside. With under a minute remaining, they pushed in, someone stopped the countdown. We pushed back hard and restarted it, losing a couple of our tanks. They grew in number and came in again, we fought and fought and fought as the clock wound down. In the last 30 seconds, they got pretty far in, we had to fall back within the base, fighting them and respawning Rebel NPCs. Fifteen seconds on the clock, wave after wave of Rebels, the occasional wanna be hero suiciding in hoping to survive long enough to get to the timer. Then a lag spike, I panicked, not knowing what was happening, we were ejected topside and suddenly the base was just gone. Chaos and confusion, people yelling on vent and the survivors fleeing in all directions, knowing we just cost the Rebels both their pride and something like 60,000 faction points. An awesome feeling, some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

Also, early on, it was pretty fun, me(TKA/fencer) and a combat medic on Dath, both overt, killing Nightsisters for crystals(maybe, I don't recall if they were in game yet) and AS components(hoping for a nightsister bracer) with three AT-STs, and stumbling across a small group of overt Rebels. The combat medic throwing obscene poisons with crazy DOTs, me laying waste with my AT-STs and coming out on top, killing them all. Then rushing to get off planet before they gathered more rebels to gank us. We headed for the farthest starport(hoping they wouldn't think to check there), a loooong journey on that planet. We arrive and nervously wait for the next shuttle. It's a long wait, and people are standing around. Were they covert Rebels? Someone must have been, because the Rebels showed up. AT-STs were put away, so we were fighting on our own, the shuttle arrives, combat medic makes it out, I die like 3 meters away from safety.

It was also fun killing Dark Jedi around the Imperial Prison on Dath and the SW corner of Lok, an absurdly hard thing to do as they usually one hit kill you. But with a good rifleman with you, you'd sometimes land some insane +25 skill tapes. Something that led me to become a pretty decent AS on my server, matching the best stats available for crafted gear.

So many more...oh man, it was great!

Gutbusterxtx
01-29-2011, 09:40 PM
I still talk about the old days of SWG!!!! I miss it so. I started when it came out and not to toot my own horn but was pretty damn good. Espicaly with all the epic gear I had. I was a capped master sword with some fence and tk defefences. Capped PSG with the lightsaber resistance (anyone remember that glitch... Hehe) 90% RIS armor and a 980 max power hammer with all armor and gear ADK'd. I loved killing Jedi :) hehe.

For thoes of you who never played it and thing that WOW is a great, it has nothing on what SWG was when it started. Player housing, dynamic resources and an amazing crafting system where everything and I mean everything effected the outcome. There were 32 professions so something for everyone.

The game was just too amazing for itself and in the end it's diversity, holo grind, and eventually OPed everything from people stockpiling epic resources led to it's demise aka CU and NGE. I have yet to play a game that offered anything near what this game did. May it forever rest in peace.

Assbug
01-30-2011, 12:55 AM

Good times!

greatest game ever created.

Assbug
01-30-2011, 01:03 AM
I remember when creature handler was able to call three creatures at once. I miss running around with 3 frenzies graul maulers, 3 med armor gurrecks or 3 webmasters while spamming kd with my master carbineer. I have too many fond memories of that game.

ChadM
01-30-2011, 01:21 AM
I still talk about the old days of SWG!!!!

To me, that was the big difference between SWG and the other MMOs, things actually happened in SWG that was entirely community driven, so we all had stories. It wasn't farming and looting and PvP with no stakes. It was one story after another, all fitting into a larger world, built more or less by everyone.

Then they changed the game and canceled Firefly.

Ugh, I miss that game(and Firefly). I'm still in touch with my guild, though I haven't gamed with any of them in six or seven years(and I watch Castle). Still waiting for something good to come out so we can all get back in...make some new stories.

Gutbusterxtx
01-30-2011, 02:40 AM
In the end, SWG was original with never ending possibilities. Everything now is just a cookie cutter WoW copy and in my opinion, wow is crap in comparison, but since the have millions of subscribers, every company thinks oh, if we make the game a complete grind and limit possibilities, we will make boat loads of money. Makes me wish swg never had the CU and NGE and that they had millions of customs. Not only would it still be alive today but then all those other MMO's would be copying them.

Phaded
01-30-2011, 08:30 AM
These posts make me miss SWG :(

SWTOR arrives soon though!

last350
01-30-2011, 08:31 AM
I wonder where to start. I'm sure all of us original players have reminisced back to the beginning of our swg play experiences.

Ill never forget getting my first hovercar because running around everywhere took so damn long. The John Williams score accompanied me on all of my driving adventures. Racing across Tat at about 1.75 x normal speed felt like I was flying so I was able to go places if never been before and hey what's that? Wtf? Omg! A krayt just killed my car... Then me... I shall get my revenge!

TKM in a day, head bash ftw! Watch their mind bar vanish, go ahead, stand up, Ill just do it again.

Hey a Nightsister bracer, that's neat... Lemme sell it for some cash, DOH! Never got another one.

Master Armorsmith comp/RIS crafting for my bankroll.

Man I bored, hey theres lots of people in mos espa cantina time to do a little entertaining, not bored anymore.

"Mintysandwich, dance dance everybody look at my pants" Desik Ellekoi, I miss you Mike J. !!!

Hey so now whats this? Im a jedi! Those trials took so damn long!!! Why are there only 4 birds on naboo, Im gonna have to hire some scouts to drive around spotting for me. John Williams to the rescue, it's 10pm and some spare change, meditate here DA DA DAAAAAA! Gratz ur a jedi! What? Serious? Sweeeeeeeeeet! Stereo full blast, neighbors complaining turn off that SW music, bah if only they knew.

Revenge time. Soloing krayt graveyard and making a killing on pearls and donning a full tusken suit making me really stand out as a jedi. Thanks yahoo mail for deleting my account after inactivity, you made me lose the only screenshots left after a computer crash.

I loved it til cu, then fthis im going WoW. Hey this is cool, but not nearly as fun to me, im going back, ok I can ADJUST to this, wait what do you mean theres gonna be nge!?? Ugh WHAT????? How could you do this to me? wheres my CH? TKM? Where are my friends and their classes? Why is every noob a jedi? So I get to turn blue!? Thats what I get for my unlock? Im so done with this! I hate you soe for letting Torres near your approval department.

Im depressed, I guess ill settle for WoW again.

Enough of the asides, but seriously, original SWG pre update 15 or so was one of the best games thatwas ever made. Since I get the chance to personally say thank you to the developers and have them hear my heartfelt sincerity, I hope you know your efforts and work helped me have a very happy and enjoyable section of my life. I mourned, and to this day still mourn, but fondly look back watching youtube videos of precu players to fill the gap created by the death of swg.

But on the bright side, playing it 16 hours a day on weekends and only 8 during the week after work and costing me a relationship in the meantime allowed me to get myself back in line and find a great woman to marry me. SWG gave me ups and downs, more ups than downs, but helped bring me to where I am today. Without it, I wouldnt be living the life I am now and for that im ultimately thankful.

Devs, add more game content, I will happily buy more platinum from you since now I know who it's going to.

8^D

I am Kar Trosden, Zabrak, Dark Jedi Knight.

Skyron
01-31-2011, 02:39 AM
You make me sad, I miss the game preCU

If someone know a good EMU alternative, you can PM me ...

last350
01-31-2011, 08:32 AM
skyron, i had found a website that only accepts about 10 people a day that had cloned the original mob spawn coding on swg and they keep the game open for players to enjoy the game pre-cu. sadly they erase all data every 3 to 4 months and are now in the process of doing that which is why i signed up but never went through with playing. Also, I knew that if i started, i'd just sit there probably crying at my monitor for hours endlessly knowing it's not the REAL thing and it's just a fix for me emotionally. I deleted the favorite in my explorer to keep me away from them just in case and have kicked myself like mad for that... HOWEVER...

if you play Second Life... guess what, there's a REALLY dedicated fanbase from swg there and they've cloned many cities and deserts of tattooine even the mobs. Since the world of Second Life isnt made to be coded specifically FOR killing/levelling rpg style it does have an adaptive coding infrastructure and allows players to make the game the way they want it...

if you launch the game and search for SWG you will find these zones. currently i had to stop playing because I made myself 2 characters, one a jedi with multiple lightsabers and another who's a BH with flamethrower, missiles, on wrist target guidance hologram map, etc. everything is customizeable once you get it and i spent HOURS!!! killing the womp rats outside espa in second life in order to get enough xp to level up a bit then i equipped my WORKING! jetpack and blasted my way into an imperial base where about 15 guys (real people) were overt and flew up to the top of the building. they called in some shock troopers and told me to leave or be arrested and they tried to get me, but my ability to kill them as they climbed the stairs to get to the top then just fly to the bottom with my jetpack really got under their skin. sadly they had a cloning facility inside so they kept coming and they locked me inside so i actually had to secede to their demands and allow them to handcuff me and be brough in front of their council head before they would allow me to leave.

they are real RPGers there and kinda got really p'd off at me for busting into their base, but being good imps they tried to recruit me since I would have been an asset, i simply waited for them to unlock the station's doors then ran out and dumped my gear and began dancing in the cantina while they went searching for a Mando set wearing BH instead of a hotpants wearing ent.

man that makes me want to log back into it again. i wanna see my zabrak DJK use some force lightning on peeps and then force push them across the screen.

Skyron
01-31-2011, 08:44 AM
I just take a look at SWGEmu I will reinstall to play on liberator.

See ya

Junside
01-31-2011, 10:19 AM
You guys are total nerds.

But that's okay. Being a nerd is cool nowadays. :D Never played it, but I am a Star Wars fan. Sounds like something you can get addicted to.

StompArtist
01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
You guys are total nerds.

If I may be blunt: The act of posting and reading message boards about a video game does make one a nerd. :D

Phaded
01-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Google swgemu and enjoy

TreyPocca
06-23-2011, 04:42 PM
If you were lucky enough to have played SWG before the CU and NGE, what server were you on and what was your profession?

I played a Bothan Jedi on the Scylla server named Mulholland.

Ataho - Human Jedi Knight on the Kettemoor server. Wrote the archived Jedi Guide "Ataho's Guide to Jedi Crafting" & curated a ressource index post for Jedi crafting.

http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070127181012/index.html

Raulur
06-23-2011, 07:32 PM
I was a teras kasi/smuggler that delt faction points to both sides on Bria before I had to pick a side. Was great fun, I could go out and solo just about anything that did not require a jedi knight as long as I had doc and food buffs. Made me so mad when they revamped everything. Also had a Nova filled with the best parts I could find. A smuggler has to have an awesome ship, right?

Whirlzap
06-23-2011, 08:36 PM
You guys do realize this is a 5 month old thread???

apocketlegend
06-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Threads can last alongggggg time

Raulur
06-24-2011, 12:02 PM
You guys do realize this is a 5 month old thread???

Are you mad that we bumped down the spam? Heh, it's the OT section anyway...

Best part of teras kasi/smuggler: Last Ditch, Feign death, run away and meditate. Not to mention I didn't need armor.

Oh yeah, I played Planetside also. Loved that game before the giant robots. Epic battles on the Ceryshen bridge. OS'ing the Vpads. Liberator runs over tank convoys. Last second resecures, lots of those. :p Yes, PS and SWG were both EPIC before all the whiners forced all of the changes. Surgile FTW!

Bgandyful
06-24-2011, 02:15 PM
I too loved SWG....before these guys left.After,It went down hill.