PDA

View Full Version : Continuing Dreams

Junside
01-29-2011, 09:08 AM
Have you ever had one? It can be any instance of having a dream, waking up, and dreaming of something that feels like a continuation of a previous one. I've had a lot of those. Seriously question the meaning of such dreams. I wanna find an interpreter. :)

Ava
01-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Some say it's your subconscious trying to deal with reality.

I had recurring and/or continuing dreams before. One specifically of me drifting in the ocean , on a small boat or a house made of straw. The dream scape was beautiful but sometimes stormy. It's like I was drifting around in search of a safe harbor to dock.
Back then I was traveling lots and in several on-off relationships.

After I found a partner I can trust and feel secure with, the dream stopped.

What's your dream about ?

Artemis
01-29-2011, 12:16 PM
I love when you realise your dreaming and you can control the whole dream. My dreams are awesome because it seems i always know when im dreaming haha.

Mishika:):)
01-29-2011, 12:19 PM
When you realise you're dreaming you're usually awake?;) or i am.
Had recurring dreams once.

Omglolwtfbbq
01-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Yea I've had some of those dreams as well.
This reminds me of inception, brilliant movie about dreaming.

Erik_is_funny_lol
01-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure what u mean by this, but one night I was sleeping and having this awesome dream that suddenly stopped somewhere (unfortunately), but the next night, I somehow started to continue dreaming from where I left off!

My record was 5 nights of dreaming like this :]

Lesrider
01-29-2011, 03:06 PM
I hate the dreams that feel so real, you don't even realize you had a dream until you're going about your day and realize that the thing you thought happened never really did.

Erik_is_funny_lol
01-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I hate the dreams that feel so real, you don't even realize you had a dream until you're going about your day and realize that the thing you thought happened never really did.

Omg lol I've felt like this sooooo many times

Ladylove
01-29-2011, 03:45 PM
When you realise you're dreaming you're usually awake?;) or i am.
Had recurring dreams once.

Heh it's called a lucid dream.

I hate the recurring dream of my teeth falling out... Had one a few nights ago that one of my molars cracked and came out

Arterra
01-29-2011, 03:48 PM
my only reoccurring dream is that of being stuck in a mozzy mansion with zombies prowling the corridors... and in the end drinking soup out of some gauntlet

Lesrider
01-29-2011, 03:51 PM
my only reoccurring dream is that of being stuck in a mozzy mansion with zombies prowling the corridors... and in the end drinking soup out of some gauntlet

You sure that's soup and not the remains of a zombie?

romgar1
01-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Les what you are describing is called recurring dreams. Deathrises was talking about lucid dreaming as ladylove already said. I love lucid dreaming, but the best is when im with my baby and only "think" im dreaming. Then i realize its real <3

Junside
01-29-2011, 05:29 PM
heh it's called a lucid dream.

I hate the recurring dream of my teeth falling out... Had one a few nights ago that one of my molars cracked and came out

braces braces braces

Ladylove
01-29-2011, 08:28 PM
braces braces braces

Hey, I had braces. Teeth are straight

Draq
01-29-2011, 09:09 PM
I hate dreams where u r using the bathroom... Then u wake up to find out u wernt actually in the bathroom :/

Ladylove
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
I hate naked dreams. When you cant find a way to cover up

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Lol I keep having a dream that my least favorite teacher is chasing me around my house with an M16... Than a couple days ago, I started realizing that I was dreaming in-dream, so I got a katana, sliced the M16 in half, then sliced my teacher in half lengthwise, and turned her inside-out... I'm not sure why I did that last one... I think it was from all the anxiety she was causing me in real life...

Oh BTW I love naked dreams

Ladylove
01-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Lol I keep having a dream that my least favorite teacher is chasing me around my house with an M16... Than a couple days ago, I started realizing that I was dreaming in-dream, so I got a katana, sliced the M16 in half, then sliced my teacher in half lengthwise, and turned her inside-out... I'm not sure why I did that last one... I think it was from all the anxiety she was causing me in real life...

Oh BTW I love naked dreams

That is disturbing

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 09:37 PM
The first or second part?

Ladylove
01-29-2011, 09:39 PM
The first or second part?

The first...

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 09:41 PM
The first...

So u don't find the fact that I love naked dreams disturbing?

Ladylove
01-29-2011, 09:42 PM
So u don't find the fact that I love naked dreams disturbing?

Meh, maybe you like being naked

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 09:43 PM
No, it's just the fact that in my naked dreams, I'm the only one who's NOT naked...

Ladylove
01-29-2011, 09:44 PM
No, it's just the fact that in my naked dreams, I'm the only one who's NOT naked...

Oh no. I'm always the naked one.

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Oh ho... (say that out loud with a old Japanese woman accent)

Is there a breeze?

Junside
01-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Some say it's your subconscious trying to deal with reality.

I had recurring and/or continuing dreams before. One specifically of me drifting in the ocean , on a small boat or a house made of straw. The dream scape was beautiful but sometimes stormy. It's like I was drifting around in search of a safe harbor to dock.
Back then I was traveling lots and in several on-off relationships.

After I found a partner I can trust and feel secure with, the dream stopped.

What's your dream about ?

Mine was about this like military chick. I think she was a bounty hunter or something and I was just a simple college student. xD In the first dream, she said there was a bounty on my head for trillions of dollars, as I will soon discover a universal cure for all illness using my own blood which was supposedly pure.

It only feels kind of true because I have not been to the hospital for over 10 years, never got any serious illness.

This is a real life story... When I went to get the vaccine for H1N1 two years back in December, and they told me to wait in a room for any post side effects, I got light-headed for a minute and started getting murderous thoughts, eyes scanning the room full of other patients.

After that point I went outside, and felt strangely refreshed. After, people have been calling me superhuman. I definitely felt some sort of strength I never had, and smarter in every situation. Weird, huh?

Back to my dream... The second part, I must have sweet-talked her into not killing me or taking me to her client who wanted to pay her. I was in her Jeep and looking for a pack of cigarettes then saw her smoking outside in her all-black urban-ops uniform and marine hat. She always had a silenced pistol holstered on her thigh. I went outside and we shared a cigarette. Suddenly she told me we had to move because we were being watched by agents.

Then I woke up.

Artemis
01-29-2011, 11:06 PM
my dreams are ALWAYS about love. It annoys the hell outta me haha

Junside
01-29-2011, 11:18 PM
my dreams are ALWAYS about love. It annoys the hell outta me haha

Maybe because you have a lack of it in your life and you want more. Maybe.

My other dream, it seriously looked like some video game. It looked like something out of Dynasty Warriors. I was a King in this light golden armor and had a golden bow. I had my own army and I was searching for the one who had killed my supposed twin brother, who was originally king, while I used to be a peasant. The trees had gruesome faces and would move their branches to attack my army. And then I thought something was chasing me to kill me so I ran in circles around a dead tree. Next thing I knew, my chaser tackled me down, and I found out it was this cute girl who was infatuated with me. But I didn't like her. First part, my twin brother died. (I don't really have a twin brother) And the second part, I initiated a war.

Militaryman
01-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Lol my best dream went a bit like this:
I was made of shadows. I could do anything I wanted to and no one would find out. I was invisible. I played PL.

FIN

Shaylyanarie
01-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I have had a lucid dream once, and like right after I figured out I was dreaming I woke up. I dont really care for lucid dreams, I see dreams as a time for me to just sit back and let my mind take the wheel, I guess.

My husband says my dreams are odd. People hardly ever talk in them, its more like getting feelings about what they want to say. And I have had dreams where it was like I was on acid or something, lol. Anyone else dream like this? Or have common themes in there dreams that you have never heard of in other peoples dreams? Im just curious, lol, dreams and dreaming fasinate me.

Artemis
01-30-2011, 12:05 AM
Maybe because you have a lack of it in your life and you want more. Maybe.

My other dream, it seriously looked like some video game. It looked like something out of Dynasty Warriors. I was a King in this light golden armor and had a golden bow. I had my own army and I was searching for the one who had killed my supposed twin brother, who was originally king, while I used to be a peasant. The trees had gruesome faces and would move their branches to attack my army. And then I thought something was chasing me to kill me so I ran in circles around a dead tree. Next thing I knew, my chaser tackled me down, and I found out it was this cute girl who was infatuated with me. But I didn't like her. First part, my twin brother died. (I don't really have a twin brother) And the second part, I initiated a war.

I do not lack love thank you veryy much.

Junside
01-30-2011, 12:11 AM
I do not lack love thank you veryy much.

Well I meant you need more of it is what I think. But mkay

Artemis
01-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Well I meant you need more of it is what I think. But mkay

Hate to break it to you but nope. I do not

Junside
01-30-2011, 12:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kN5r-YZFY

Militaryman
01-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Not seeing it...

Ava
01-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Mine was about this like military chick. I think she was a bounty hunter or something and I was just a simple college student. xD In the first dream, she said there was a bounty on my head for trillions of dollars, as I will soon discover a universal cure for all illness using my own blood which was supposedly pure.

It only feels kind of true because I have not been to the hospital for over 10 years, never got any serious illness.

This is a real life story... When I went to get the vaccine for H1N1 two years back in December, and they told me to wait in a room for any post side effects, I got light-headed for a minute and started getting murderous thoughts, eyes scanning the room full of other patients.

After that point I went outside, and felt strangely refreshed. After, people have been calling me superhuman. I definitely felt some sort of strength I never had, and smarter in every situation. Weird, huh?

Back to my dream... The second part, I must have sweet-talked her into not killing me or taking me to her client who wanted to pay her. I was in her Jeep and looking for a pack of cigarettes then saw her smoking outside in her all-black urban-ops uniform and marine hat. She always had a silenced pistol holstered on her thigh. I went outside and we shared a cigarette. Suddenly she told me we had to move because we were being watched by agents.

Then I woke up.

Let me try a shot at interpreting your dream.

You are an ambitious person, so you are hoping to have a big break in your career. You are a person with a lot of self-confidence. Your self-worth is ascertained by your market value.
You are bored with the girls you meet/met in your life. They are the usual ho hum, same old, stereotypical, met one ya meet em all, mostly boring horde.
So you are desiring someone "different", challenging, a little bit dangerous and perhaps... mysterious.
If you ever meet someone like that, you'd willingly let her "subdue" you. ( college kid)

Ava
01-30-2011, 02:14 PM

Let's also try this one.
You come from humble beginnings. But you try to excel in everything you do. (A conqueror/king).
You leverage on your abilities and tools to get what you want in life. And you have high expectations of your acquired tools. ( your golden bow and army).

Your twin represents your other passion in life, other than the one you are pursuing right now.
Your twin is killed because you had to forgo your passion in place of a pragmatic/realistic/practical pursuit in life.
You still desire to pursue your passion, hence you wanted to seek revenge, to justify your realistic choice. So your true enemy is 'realism'.
The trees are abominable obstacles/threats/fear/hinderance you face in your pursuit of your ambitions.

You feel guilty for rejecting that girl.. perhaps she's a good friend of yours.

You initiated war, because life is a war. Perhaps you have some insecurities and you feel somewhat disadvantaged, hence you wage a war in order to conquer or overcome your perceived adversities.

Ava
01-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Ava +100 respect for being psychic jk, can u interprete mine too?

So im like 6 years old and have this dream:

Im like this cool musketeer, im successful and popular. I defeat all the mean guys without problems. But when im at the top of my career an uknown army attacks my country, they don't seem very powerful but if you slice off like their head; the body and the head still live but on their own (excuse my weird fantasy) so whatever i do i cant seem to win. Thet never overpower me but it still never ends. The worst part of it is the feeling that theres no hope left...

So i wake up but i continue seeing the scene on the walls for like 10 minutes. God that was scary.

That's just a nightmare dude. And I am just a quack.

Junside
01-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Let me try a shot at interpreting your dream.

You are an ambitious person, so you are hoping to have a big break in your career. You are a person with a lot of self-confidence. Your self-worth is ascertained by your market value.
You are bored with the girls you meet/met in your life. They are the usual ho hum, same old, stereotypical, met one ya meet em all, mostly boring horde.
So you are desiring someone "different", challenging, a little bit dangerous and perhaps... mysterious.
If you ever meet someone like that, you'd willingly let her "subdue" you. ( college kid)

Let's also try this one.
You come from humble beginnings. But you try to excel in everything you do. (A conqueror/king).
You leverage on your abilities and tools to get what you want in life. And you have high expectations of your acquired tools. ( your golden bow and army).

Your twin represents your other passion in life, other than the one you are pursuing right now.
Your twin is killed because you had to forgo your passion in place of a pragmatic/realistic/practical pursuit in life.
You still desire to pursue your passion, hence you wanted to seek revenge, to justify your realistic choice. So your true enemy is 'realism'.
The trees are abominable obstacles/threats/fear/hinderance you face in your pursuit of your ambitions.

You feel guilty for rejecting that girl.. perhaps she's a good friend of yours.

You initiated war, because life is a war. Perhaps you have some insecurities and you feel somewhat disadvantaged, hence you wage a war in order to conquer or overcome your perceived adversities.

Wow those are very strong interpretations. I also have a fascination with learning the meaning behind my dreams and you telling me this provides me much insight. Thank you so much. If I have more dreams with much ambiguous detail, I'm share them.