PDA

View Full Version : Seriously not fun anymore.

Cloudstrike
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I am an enchanter spec'd for full survivability. i.e. I went sword and board for max armor. I went to the Dark Forest level 10 and tried to pull 3 mobs. as soon as they cast their starry debuff i was dead in an instant... Level 31 with 60 armor... What ever that debuff is it's too great. BTW I have an iPhone 3g at i can cast one spell per fight in swamps because of the lag.

Rebel
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
If you're level 32, why are you in dark forest anyway? Plus, an MMORPG is for grouping up and killing things, not for soloing things. Please stop complaining. I may be wrong but haven't you posted a thread complaining about how "hard this game is" before?

Cascade
05-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah dude get over it if it's too hard don't complain just play with a group

asommers
05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
I will try a level 30 plus Enchantress in Dark Forest. The game is supposed to scale difficulty, but DF should cap at level 15 mobs.

-ALS

Inching
05-13-2010, 08:00 PM
dude, u better be right... Devs called ur bluff.... looking forward to the reply

asommers
05-13-2010, 11:15 PM
I am an enchanter spec'd for full survivability. i.e. I went sword and board for max armor. I went to the Dark Forest level 10 and tried to pull 3 mobs. as soon as they cast their starry debuff i was dead in an instant... Level 31 with 60 armor... What ever that debuff is it's too great. BTW I have an iPhone 3g at i can cast one spell per fight in swamps because of the lag.

Cheated Enchantress up to 31, gave myself 20k gold, bought best stuff from Ellie and Ozz. I couldn't find Dark Forest Level 10, so I did Forest Haven Level 10, which I completed without dying. Then played Dark Forest Quick Cash (mini), tried to get through it as fast as possible and died 4 times. After the second death, I slowed my pace down a bit, pulled enemies 1 at a time and finished. Went through about 30 mana. Used Mana Shield, Firestorm, and Heal.

What a fun game! Good job, devs!

-ALS

Xervitude
05-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Cheated Enchantress up to 31, gave myself 20k gold, bought best stuff from Ellie and Ozz. I couldn't find Dark Forest Level 10, so I did Forest Haven Level 10, which I completed without dying. Then played Dark Forest Quick Cash (mini), tried to get through it as fast as possible and died 4 times. After the second death, I slowed my pace down a bit, pulled enemies 1 at a time and finished. Went through about 30 mana. Used Mana Shield, Firestorm, and Heal.

-ALS

Lawl =p

Voxed
05-14-2010, 12:14 AM
This game is in no way "hard" even to solo, you have unlimited pots! Get over it and learn to play.

Flamin
05-14-2010, 12:27 AM
I agree, but just to solve some people's problems like cloudstrike's, it would be a good idea to add a solo dungeon to each campaign, the campaign would only allow a max of 1 player (maybe 2 just for fun) and the enemies would be easier.

Flamin
05-14-2010, 12:30 AM
This game is in no way "hard" even to solo, you have unlimited pots! Get over it and learn to play.

Have you tried soloing frogmar, lol? At least I consider soloing frogmar with a level 35 archer to be "hard", but it's susposed to be hard and people(at least I) like it that way, but it would be nice if there were multiple difficulty settings.

Infamous-D
05-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Ya that's why there's the saying "no pain no gain" you die then learn off of it, that's when you know your playing a good rpg lmao learn how to work ur enchantress that's all I can say. Awsome job devs! Keep up the great work:)

Proud LEGENDS member:D

Flamin
05-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Ya that's why there's the saying "no pain no gain" you die then learn off of it, that's when you know your playing a good rpg lmao learn how to work ur enchantress that's all I can say. Awsome job devs! Keep up the great work:)

Proud LEGENDS member:D

Ya but in the "very easy" difficulty setting, the player would get way less xp, way less kills counted, and not even close to as good items as they would in the "easy" setting, etc with...... "intermediate" "hard" "brutal" etc...

Proud Honored Legendary Alliance Member:)

Flamin
05-14-2010, 11:02 AM
You just have to have courage to beat frogmar...

http://www.productiveflourishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/courage.jpg

... true courage.

SlipperyJim
05-14-2010, 12:04 PM
You just have to have courage to beat frogmar...

http://www.productiveflourishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/courage.jpg

... true courage.
Oh, man. You just made me laugh at my desk and nearly blow chunks of curried rice all over my monitor. Darn you!!!

:)

SlipperyJim
05-14-2010, 12:12 PM

-ALS
He's right. I used to solo "The Kings' Forest" (the mini-dungeon at the end of Dark Forest) with Atropos, my lvl 30 Enchantress. I never had any problems. You just have to play smart. Pull mobs one at a time. Rest between fights to get your skills off of cooldown. There's no hurry, so take your time....

Also, Atropos is a standard high-Int Enchantress build. I threw some points into Dex for increased to-hit/crit/dodge, but almost all of her attribute points went to Int. She uses Lightning Wand of Mastery, Dreamer's Bone Cloth, and Skull Bracer of Mastery. She also used a Dreamer's Bone Staff instead of the wand & bracer. My point is: range. Solo combat is a lot easier when you can pick off mobs from a distance (generating less aggro) than when you're charging into the middle of them.

Finally, that last line made me chuckle. "What a fun game! Good job, devs!" Heh. :) Good job indeed, y'all!

Cloudstrike
05-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Seriously - I guess theirs a bell curve to everything and I hate being on the low end of things.

Rebel
05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Maybe you were on the high end of things, but you just went over the edge... :p

Just saying....
(p.s. btw I love that picture! It is hilarious!!!)

Voxed
05-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Have you tried soloing frogmar, lol?

Yes, but why should I expect to be able to solo the hardest lvl 35 boss in the game when it was made with 5 people in mind. Im not saying its impossible either, its just difficult.

Great job Devs keep it up!

Aerospacegod
05-14-2010, 09:18 PM
If you had an easy setting it would have to offer zero drops.

Theshortbus
05-15-2010, 12:31 AM
im trying to get into the game, and i can't afford to upgrade to the xpack

if you wanted to be super nice you could send me a PM with your email / password so i could take over the account? :)

Justg
05-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Under no circumstances should anyone ever handover any account information, ever. Shortbus please don't ask again.

Violentsaint
05-15-2010, 01:01 AM
lols at cat of courage!!!!

Under no circumstances should anyone ever handover any account information, ever. Shortbus please don't ask again.

yer you tell him Justg! *sucks up to dev* (o^-^o)

pyro
05-15-2010, 07:23 PM
While slowly grinding to level 35 here I feel I have to toss in my 2 cents.

Overall I kinda agree with the OP, in that the latest expansion pack and its difficulty tuning has resulted in it becoming a bit 'less fun'. I can see the tradeoffs – for one the slower level and item grinding means more hours of gameplay, and more dangerous enemies can make for more challenging gameplay and thus arguably more fun. But the best way I can describe it, in a way that hopefully a fair amount of you gamers can relate to, is that this latest expansion has shifted things more towards WoW, and away from Diablo. In Diablo, things explode and huge groups of enemies get slaughtered left and right. So do you as players. But if you're in a tight group, you are rampaging through the dungeon feeling supremely powerful and kicking butt. I would happily take things being more tuned like that, even if it meant tuning loot drops lower to compensate, and even upping the grinding time.

To me, this kind of game is inherently repetitive, but I would like to be having a blast minute by minute as I am repetitively grinding rather than slowly picking off one mob by mob in the swamps. (Am I supposed to feel that I'm chipping away at a rock with a fork with common mobs as a glass cannon DPS level 33 archer with the best level 30 pink bow? I get that my archer isn't maxed out, but it feels like elite mobs in WoW, which I hate :P That's fine and all for playing six hours at a time in front of the computer, but not for Pocket Legends little bit sized mobile chunks imo.)

Developers, don't worry – you haven't lost me or anything yet. I'm looking forward to the PVP and at the rate of your support/patches I know my voice will at least be heard and discussed/thought over, if not implemented, so I will definitely stick around, and plan on hitting 35 to PVP with my archer. But I feel like things are being a bit rushed now for the sake of providing something to do for the hardcore community twiddling their thumbs at the level cap. In that sense I am really looking forward to PVP, so that can provide a suitable distraction for 'us' to last us for a while, and let you (the developers) focus on more fun things.

Sicarii
05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
While slowly grinding to level 35 here I feel I have to toss in my 2 cents.

if it is a penny for your thoughts, why do we always offer 2 cents?

pyro
05-16-2010, 05:34 PM
if it is a penny for your thoughts, why do we always offer 2 cents?

Inflation.