PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations STS on a job well done

Serancha
09-29-2014, 11:58 AM
We all know about the recent plat farming resolution STS implemented. This was a difficult thing for them, both to implement and take accountability for, but now that the results are made so obvious, there can be no question how huge a scale the problem was on and that the company did the right thing. We could wish it had happened sooner, but I think this is a case of better late than never.

If you all remember last time a mythic pet egg weekend occurred, you'll recall the Slag tragedy. By the end of the first day, eggs were below 700K, and by the end of the weekend, people were buying them by the case for 450K/egg. For a mythic egg worth 250 platinum, this was criminal.

This weekend, post-resolution, we saw the lowest abaddon egg go for 990K the first day, and for the rest of the weekend, up to this time, the price has been no lower than 1.2mill, and is now 1.475 at the lowest on the CS. This is how it should be. Nobody should be buying cases of these mythic eggs, and they should be retaining their value. They should not be a commodity purchased for nothing.

So I want to say thank you STS, for eliminating plat farming, bonus first-time-buyer discount farming, and giving us real players a chance at recovering our economy one day.

Appeltjes
09-29-2014, 12:01 PM
BOO!!! The price was to high now :(

Serancha
09-29-2014, 12:07 PM

It SHOULD be high. These are amazing pets and are highly valuable.

Haligali
09-29-2014, 12:07 PM

Whats the point of mythic rarity, when these eggs were more common than a deary.

Appeltjes
09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
Normal people being able to pay for the eggs maybe???

Zylx
09-29-2014, 02:09 PM
I had actually bought a few eggs for 790-800k on the first day, but on the second day, sold em for 1.1mill for a total 1.5 mill profit.. shoulda waited though.

matanofx
09-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Hats off to them

Hats off to me for not farming plat

Hats off to serancha for being on the top3 sexiest GM's in Arcane Legends for over a year now

Im way too bored, java scripting is my excuse =]

Ravager
09-29-2014, 03:36 PM

It SHOULD be high. These are amazing pets and are highly valuable.

I agree. People who use plat to pay sts are getting their moneys worth selling them too.

Appeltjes
09-29-2014, 03:44 PM
I agree. People who use plat to pay sts are getting their moneys worth selling them too.

But not everyone is rich:/

Helicopter
09-29-2014, 04:31 PM
But not everyone is rich:/ True, but most (most?) of these 'rich' people worked hard to get where they are now. Don't expect to get a mythic egg if you did'nt work hard for it.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Don't worry;)
The price is going to be confusing now, but it will be stable soon
Some price is gonna rise n some price is gonna drop
We just need to know the market again;)

Chrisaetoshawker
09-29-2014, 04:33 PM
By the way..
When I saw the title I was like, ohhh another "thx sts for making someone leave" xD

Ihateppl
09-29-2014, 04:54 PM
;-; I don't spend a penny on games in general and now I have abaddon and slag. Ppl who sit in guild castle all day trash talking should not expect to get a mythic item.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-29-2014, 04:58 PM
;-; I don't spend a penny on games in general and now I have abaddon and slag. Ppl who sit in guild castle all day trash talking should not expect to get a mythic item.

They are like politicians irl you know...

Ihateppl
09-29-2014, 05:00 PM
They are like politicians irl you know...

So I voted for the guy who randomly called me a noob?

SacredKnight
09-29-2014, 05:06 PM
Meh, no plat farmers was good but I was unable to obtain an Abaddon because I lack plat and the egg prices were too high :/ There is always a negative to a positive, on another note I see that very rarely people consider this negative an more so the "little guy" who really can't afford to buy a 1.4mil Mythic egg.

@Helicopter,

Work hard? Define.
The way I see it is

$>Plat>Locks>Arcanes/Mythics>Gold from CS>Stash>Success

Note: The arrows are indications of process not "greater than" .

kurd4ever
09-29-2014, 05:49 PM
Meh, no plat farmers was good but I was unable to obtain an Abaddon because I lack plat and the egg prices were too high :/ There is always a negative to a positive, on another note I see that very rarely people consider this negative an more so the "little guy" who really can't afford to buy a 1.4mil Mythic egg.

@Helicopter,

Work hard? Define.
The way I see it is

$>Plat>Locks>Arcanes/Mythics>Gold from CS>Stash>Success

Note: The arrows are indications of process not "greater than" .

Some of us are merch > merch> more merch so it is really hard work some earn it by the hard way without opend a single locked

Chrisaetoshawker
09-30-2014, 04:50 AM
So I voted for the guy who randomly called me a noob?

Ah ha maybe you voted the other one huhu

Haligali
09-30-2014, 06:16 AM
But not everyone is rich:/

So you want to see rather a crashed economy, where a few items worth over gold cap, everything else is less than 1m, just to buy your egg cheaper? How you expect to make money, when everything is cheap?

Titanium
09-30-2014, 06:32 AM
arcane ring 130m LOL

Anarchist
09-30-2014, 07:25 AM
Revamp Elite loots Thanks.

Appeltjes
09-30-2014, 07:35 AM
So you want to see rather a crashed economy, where a few items worth over gold cap, everything else is less than 1m, just to buy your egg cheaper? How you expect to make money, when everything is cheap?

How should I then get money for an abaddon egg farm locks for 50 years?

Chrisaetoshawker
09-30-2014, 08:38 AM

Techinically 2 months they(some formers) said
I'm not good at math though

Appeltjes
09-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Techinically 2 months they(some formers) said
I'm not good at math though

Lolz like 3.5k/4k per lock

Sceazikua
09-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Then farm something else, or not farm at all if nothing is profitable (merching). If you suck at both farming and merching, or either have bulks to spend, dont expect to be rich lol.

Allocate
09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
The rich become richer and poor become poorer.

You know whats scary? It's a real life problem and even in a virtual world, its still a problem...

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.” - Joe Rogan

Haligali
09-30-2014, 09:22 AM

Lvl up and try farming elite.

Appeltjes
09-30-2014, 09:28 AM
Lvl up and try farming elite.

Im 41... The drops there don't even make up for the pots.

Chrisaetoshawker
09-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Then what answer do you expect us to give you then lol?
You know that we all know there's nothin valuable to farm

Sceazikua
09-30-2014, 10:31 AM

Do you even elite, or just did 1 run expecting something worth 100 200 times more than a locked (good versions of the weapons) and get disapointed? From what I know if you can sell something for like 150k, you can buy yourself 10k pots that seems to never be used up, and an elite golden dragon chest which isnt too rare is 90k now. Does that "make up for the pots"?

Haligali
09-30-2014, 10:42 AM

You farm in wrong place then.

Ihateppl
09-30-2014, 12:38 PM
People need to come out of their bubbles and ASK, dont expect to have an NPC just tell you "yeah you can make gold here, and here, and there..." If you dont understand something dont pretend to know and get no where, ask and get help. No one with half a brain will judge you, and those that do judge you, will just continue to to judge.
If I never asked my guildies or friends, or even random players just for knowledge on how to do things, I guarantee you I would be still be lv 28, and running around in blue and greens.

Thrindal
09-30-2014, 01:30 PM
I agree this was a huge step in the right direction but I also see that the economy is really in a mess now.

For me the biggest issue is there is just way too much Gold in the system due to Plat Farmers. It isn't the fault of non-farmers but much of that gold and many items that shouldn't be in the system currently are. There are way too many Arcane Rings and Arcane pets in the system, I'd venture conservatively that 50% of them came into the system via plat farmers. Again because STS has taken the farmers out of the system all current players obtained those items without farming but may have obtained those items from farmers (not the non-farmers fault) at an undervalued or overvalued rate. PVP is full of Rings, Samuels, and Mythic/Arcane weapons. This takes much of the strategy out of PVP. Now if you don't have those things you are called a Noob. Fact is there are too many of them in the system now.

Second almost nothing legendary has value anymore. The only things with value in Lockeds are Arcane items. On average you have to open 500 or more crates to even have a chance at an Arcane. This has crashed the price of crates to virtually nothing, plus crates seem to drop less, it must be me but its a feeling. Maybe its just because they have no value. The other issue is now Luck Elixers cost about 3x the price of a Locked crate making Luck Elixers a difficult buy.

What I am getting to is that it is going to take a long time to repair the damage of the Farmers and it is going to be painful for all of us. I do think refreshing the items in Crates would help a lot because maybe new Legendaries in crates would entice folks to open them. This might get the economy moving again. Revamping the Elite drops could help too but I think this would break new ground for STS, I don't think they have ever replaced an Elite drop with a better item before.

The new Tombs might help and the Halloween event could get things moving as well but Halloween is just for a limited time. We need something to get an Economy Reset started that can also be sustained.

One final gripe... Nothing in game, for practical purposes, should be worth more gold than one can carry I.E. the Gold Cap. In todays economy this means that nothing should be worth more than 99,999,999 gold. For those old timers you might remember our gold cap used to be much lower than it is today and eventually STS raised the cap. So either STS should raise the cap or come up with something other than Mr. Gold to flush more Gold out of the system. Having items in game worth more than the Cap just opens the door very wide for scammers to cheat.

Candylicks
09-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Yup good post Sera. It was nice to go and buy a few Ab eggs and know I can sell them for gold, or use for guild contests and they are valuable to have. A 250 plat pet SHOULD be worth something for sure. All we need now is something tangible to farm in the game so we can earn gold once again. Times are lean for sure with the tind and arena drops and their value equal to a ritz cracker.

Dex Scene
09-30-2014, 03:09 PM
Off topic:
I actually sold 8 abas 900k each first day. I was so in hurry to make a new twink :(
Next day they became 1.5m and i brought some 1.5m offer for my guildies who were selling their abas. Pfft Why am I so impatient and didnt stash :'(
Anyway, nice post serencha. I was so sad when slags were 450k and mythic rarity that good pet was getting ruined.

Serancha
09-30-2014, 03:18 PM
The only reason arcane rings are worth over 100 million is because plat farmers injected a ridiculous amount of arcanes and gold into the game by opening 100x more crates than ever should have been opened. This means those people had hundreds of millions of gold that nobody would have been able to gain if that had not happened. Yes, there's a few people who have that much and were not plat farmers, but they got that money from those farmers by merching to those who had all that money that had literally no value.

Now there is still a large excess of gold in the game, but it is not realistic to think the prices will be able to stay that high over any length of time. Without people making obscene amounts from free crate opening, the economy will slowly revert to something more realistic. This will not happen overnight, but at least the hole in the boat has been plugged.

However, releasing legendaries that are such a huge quality level below the same mythics we've been using for 4 seasons is not helping. The new planar gear - it's appalling how bad it is, for all classes. There's not one item that comes within 10 damage points of mythics for any class. Until STS releases new gear BETTER than the current mythics, this game is in a holding pattern and will continue to decline.

For those whining that there's no way to make money, I can tell you that's just plain not true. I have personally made 5 million in the last month just buying select high-quality gear, gemming it to perfect, and selling it again. Farming essences is a major profit at this point. Every gem is worth more than a crate (except glacials, but even those are decent). It takes time and effort to make money, but you can do it. Magmatic weapons still have value also.

obee
09-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Even though plat farmers are gone, which is good, the non-plat payers are still poor, and now prices are much higher. Seems like the rich is only benefiting. How many times have we freaking said, make the game equal. It's so annoying seeing an imbalance

Speedofsound
09-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Do you even elite, or just did 1 run expecting something worth 100 200 times more than a locked (good versions of the weapons) and get disapointed? From what I know if you can sell something for like 150k, you can buy yourself 10k pots that seems to never be used up, and an elite golden dragon chest which isnt too rare is 90k now. Does that "make up for the pots"?
I personally have 422 dragkin teeth and i myself can say farming will not make u gold even at a decent rate compared to the prices of good gear.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-01-2014, 08:54 AM
the non-plat payers are still poor

That's so me

Serancha
10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
the non-plat payers are still poor

This is a load of crap. My guild is 300 members and over 80% of those are plat free or low plat players (meaning they spend under $50/month on plat). All our members are mythic, most with at least one arcane pet. People who are banging this "non-plat means poor" drum are missing the fact that it is LAZY players who are poor and it has NOTHING to do with plat whatsoever.

Appeltjes
10-01-2014, 12:19 PM
This is a load of crap. My guild is 300 members and over 80% of those are plat free or low plat players (meaning they spend under $50/month on plat). All our members are mythic, most with at least one arcane pet. People who are banging this "non-plat means poor" drum are missing the fact that it is LAZY players who are poor and it has NOTHING to do with plat whatsoever.

Lol non plat means no plat not under 50 dollars per month worth of plat, that's a lot of money. The only people that are totally platless and have gold already play this game for so long that they had some cool stuff to sell which were cheap in the past and expensive now.

Akatsuuki
10-01-2014, 12:22 PM
For me the game is dead 2/3 players left already I doubt about the new one's but I don't think they would even survive a week or two with out even having something to start with gold drops are way too low not even enough to replenish the expense you make every time you go leveling .. Sad to say but a lot of players are moving else where the rich are becoming rich and the poor are becoming poorer .. Even me after using some few VPN plats I got banned forever with 72pets no arcane and it can't be recovered .. but a lot of friends of mine too lost their account now leaving the game even me going to coc .. It's a sad thing actually I love this game so much but everyone has to move on we'll besides for the rich one's who could still afforded to purchase plats and the rich people in the game

Haligali
10-01-2014, 03:02 PM
Good to hear that plat farmers moving away.

matanofx
10-01-2014, 03:16 PM
Lol non plat means no plat not under 50 dollars per month worth of plat, that's a lot of money. The only people that are totally platless and have gold already play this game for so long that they had some cool stuff to sell which were cheap in the past and expensive now.

No no no, no no sir no youre assuming and assuming is not good.

I been playing this game as a free player since the beginning (season2) and i never invested in items that once were cheap and now expensive as you said

I farmed elite, i merched current items with current times i wasnt hoarding old stuff in my stash waiting for the future cause my stash was just 5 slots (free player) and my inventory just 25 slots (you know why).

With hard work came rewards, i managed to make over 1m in season2 and over 3-4m in season 3... i think youre getting the point now
It doesnt take plat to be rich and old free players arent all rich because they hoarded old rare items to sell in later times, we did what any free player can do right now, work for your gold.

You will not be full mythic full arcane pet and ring in a matter of weeks as a free player but you will get there eventually if thats what you aim for, took me months but i got my mythic gear and blah blah blah i swim in the gold i worked for =]

Never blame the game for poor players, blame laziness or unwillingness.

Serancha
10-01-2014, 03:26 PM

When you compare to people that spend $100/week or more (and there are many of them) $50/month is nothing. I am speaking in relative terms. And you didn't read my post - I said Non-plat AND Low-plat. I didn't say non-plat was under $50/month. So eager to disagree that you can't even see what is written. Geeze.

In factual terms, I have many members in my guild that are totally platless, all have mythic, and several have arcane pets. This is one of the smaller guilds in the game, so it's not that unusual. The difference is they work at it, and don't just sit there expecting wealth to be handed to them. They did not stash items in season 1 because most items that are now valuable were not tradeable at that time, and (you guessed it) were plat only!