PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Bullying...

Justsomebody
09-30-2014, 03:13 AM
Greetings Everyone,

As we all are aware of the PVP drama at LVL 41.....

I know for sure this is a game but, I'm very sure when people are making fun of you over the Internet with your pictures isn't fun.

Every time this person joins a pvp clash it goes Oh "So and So is here" and you get really turned away because they are just throwing shade at you throughout the WHOLE entire match, I mean you can fake like it doesn't hurt but it DOES

And, I know what they say "Don't worry about what people say about you"

So I really just wanna know is this something that can be stopped? Or, will it continue to be throwing insults and hurting each other feelings.

Feedback pls, Thank u :)

Anarchist
09-30-2014, 03:32 AM
contact support group.

Xeusx
09-30-2014, 03:52 AM
Just use Ignore list. Problem solved.

SacredKnight
09-30-2014, 04:08 AM
TBHIMO Cyber bullying is a first world problem :P

Just contact support with SS and see if they can sort it out.

Xorrior
09-30-2014, 04:13 AM
Ignore list is not the solution. You can't hear his/her immature childish insults but others can and they will continue of any spreading of malicious slander and libel stuff.

Screenshot everything, contact support. Remember they are going against the company T.O.S!

The sooner bullys like that get banned the better!

Allocate
09-30-2014, 09:13 AM
I would tell you to toughen up but some people aren't built for that sort of stuff and sometimes take it too far :(

You can stand up for yourself but with these chat filters and other nonsense implementations that actually only help bullies, it's hard to fight back.

Yeah, just take screen shots of all these fools and make sure STS does something about it.

tankk
09-30-2014, 09:24 AM
-------> ignore :)

Pirate Captain
09-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Become their friend and then they will stop

Samhayne
09-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately, people will be people. Give them anonymity and some will abuse it :(

Our best advice is to:

1) Use the in-game report function to report them. When you send in the report, please take a moment to fill in the details of what happened and why you are reporting.

2) Add them to your ignore.

3) Get back to having fun.

I hope that helps!

Chrisaetoshawker
09-30-2014, 10:24 AM
Wrong:p

ClumsyCactus
09-30-2014, 11:01 AM
I'm the kind of person Who hates to ignore, because i want to know what stuff people say about me, on good and bad...
I Personally just use ignore to check if certain names are free to take

Bless
09-30-2014, 11:23 AM
Ignore, [forgive], forget

Samhayne
09-30-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm the kind of person Who hates to ignore, because i want to know what stuff people say about me, on good and bad...
I Personally just use ignore to check if certain names are free to take

Hey Jinathedemo,

I respect your decision to not ignore others.

I want to respond with my perspective.

If someone is a bully, or abusing their anonymity (if they don't care about losing their account) they can say some very mean and very hurtful stuff. In my opinion, it is much better to ignore someone doing such, rather than give them access to you. In a nutshell, care less about what other's say, because, words are just wind after all. Actions are what really count.

Warm regards,

-Samhayne

obee
09-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Ignore list does help...if everyone hates the hate, they will block the source...plus if you are being bullied, ignoring it is a solution. This is coming from a middle schooler, and in middle school, a lot of bullying happens

Ihateppl
09-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Ignore list does help...if everyone hates the hate, they will block the source...plus if you are being bullied, ignoring it is a solution. This is coming from a middle schooler, and in middle school, a lot of bullying happens

You cant Ignore everything in life.

Ebezaanec
09-30-2014, 06:14 PM

But on the Internet, you can. Bullies in school are harder to avoid, since the threat is real. With an online game, you can simply ignore and move on with no real danger.

obee
09-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Like ebe said, just walk away from the computer. Take a long break if it's serious. Cyber bullying is a real threat, I know that, but you can walk away.

Stelo
10-01-2014, 03:03 PM
There are a ton of solutions for this actually, although they may not all be "appropriate." The best thing I would tell you is to try and be the bigger person. You don't have to, heck, if you want you could retaliate, BUT like I said, it's not appropriate behavior. Try and get friends who respect you. I don't mean trust, but the people who will respect your vulnerabilities BECAUSE you've already been vulnerable with. That's what I decided to do with all the humility I've faced. I admit though, I won't always try to be the good guy and instead retaliate. I'm not very good at describing, but what I'm trying to get at is you should find the best solution for YOURSELF. Even if you think it's right or wrong. Some of these people are probably just poking fun at you for entertainment or they got angry, but what they don't know is that it affected you pretty hard and it hurt. OR maybe they meant for it to hurt? Idk man, I feel like I'd say a lot more, but I think you know where I'm getting at lol. I wish you the best :P

Serancha
10-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Greetings Everyone,

I know for sure this is a game but, I'm very sure when people are making fun of you over the Internet with your pictures isn't fun.

Every time this person joins a pvp clash it goes Oh "So and So is here" and you get really turned away because they are just throwing shade at you throughout the WHOLE entire match, I mean you can fake like it doesn't hurt but it DOES

So I really just wanna know is this something that can be stopped? Or, will it continue to be throwing insults and hurting each other feelings.

People only continue to do this if you acknowledge the trolling and start fighting back verbally. Best thing to do is find another match. I know there are a couple of guilds that partake in a lot of trash talkin in pvp, so if you are in one, that could be part of the issue. Some people just see the guild name as a target. Try changing your circle of companions - it's not all like this.

Schnitzel
10-01-2014, 07:34 PM
To Original Post,
What I would advise you to do, is (not use the ignore button) ignore their words, I get bullied sometimes both inGame and in real life, what I usually do is ignore their words
Because the more you think about what they've said, the more it will hurt you. Bullies do this for the reactions of the victim, if you ignore it, they will start believing they won't accomplish (sorry, cant think of the correct word at the moment...) what they are trying to do.

Unfortunately, people will be people. Give them anonymity and some will abuse it :(

Our best advice is to:

1) Use the in-game report function to report them. When you send in the report, please take a moment to fill in the details of what happened and why you are reporting.

2) Add them to your ignore.

3) Get back to having fun.

I hope that helps!

Sam,
I think it would be really helpful if we could fit more words per report into the report text box (the reason I say this is because in the past, I reach the limit for words before I can describe in detail what happened. I usually am only able to fit: the name, date, and time (with time zone) into the box)

eonziggys
10-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Just play Angry birds,candy crush,tetris,etc...this game is not for onion kid's.

Hercules
10-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Solution : Report

Kreasadriii
10-01-2014, 10:02 PM
You already hurt them back just because didn't respond them ;)

Anarchist
10-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Is it also acceptable instead of simply stayin passive to bully back 10 times more any retard that commits a big mistake to come bully me? O.o

Ice
10-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Greetings Everyone,

Hmm just ignore him add on ignore list button. How can you be hurt its just online he / she dont even know you in real life. just add in ignore list any person who trash and your game will be more peaceful.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-02-2014, 04:57 AM
Make a shortcut of putting someone in the ignore list plz?
/i Then I can /p /i /g

Excuses
10-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Hey Jinathedemo,

I respect your decision to not ignore others.

I want to respond with my perspective.

If someone is a bully, or abusing their anonymity (if they don't care about losing their account) they can say some very mean and very hurtful stuff. In my opinion, it is much better to ignore someone doing such, rather than give them access to you. In a nutshell, care less about what other's say, because, words are just wind after all. Actions are what really count.

Warm regards,

-Samhayne

Do you really ban people for trash talk?
I'm not talking about saying 'N' word or some cursing or making fun of losing game.
I have reported 2 people for racism, offensive words against religious and personal threatening, but I still see them in game, and they are still talking bad in game, offense people personally to make your game not enjoyable.

As you tighten your chat filter, I hope you guys act more too because chat filter will not encourage people to talk nicely at all but just bother typing, however, actual banning would make them at least be careful.