PDA

View Full Version : the best one handed weapon for warriors

Crywolf
01-29-2011, 07:46 PM
k so right now i have a iceberg hatchet pink dmg 87-100 with other good stats annd ive yet to find a weapon that can beat it! is this the best one handed weapon for warriors? because ive looked at lvl 40-50 weapons and none can compare to iceberg. so whats the best one handed weapon for warriors?

regie831
01-29-2011, 07:53 PM
a shock lance and btw how is that axe any better than lvl50 one handed weapons?

Royce
01-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Level 39, Djinn Spear of Legend (or conqueorors or level 40 Thoth), these have high damage and break armor. Level 45, there are also Djinn Spears but the Shock Lance is more powerful (though it's break arkor proc is slightly less effective). Level 50, Harpoon (breaks amor and high damage), limb chopper (highest damage), Hax, and sunblessed scimitar (if using the Rift set) are best.

Crywolf
01-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Ahhhh OK thx guys

FluffNStuff
01-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Level 39, Djinn Spear of Legend (or conqueorors or level 40 Thoth), these have high damage and break armor. Level 45, there are also Djinn Spears but the Shock Lance is more powerful (though it's break arkor proc is slightly less effective). Level 50, Harpoon (breaks amor and high damage), limb chopper (highest damage), Hax, and sunblessed scimitar (if using the Rift set) are best.

If you have a shock lance, check its skill damage compared to similar items (harpoon, spears, etc) When I tested before, it had glitched skill damage, but I do not have one to check now that we can actually see the damage.

KingFu
01-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Shock lance (Zuraz) has 12 less DPS but about 12 more damage, than the harpoon, if memory serves me right. At level 40, D'Jinn spear (any one you can get that's level 37-40 will work) with the high damage and break armor proc. For level 45, D'Jinn spear of Isis for a cheap way out, or, better yet, a shock lance (Preferably Zuraz but they all work) for the high damage, decent DPS, and the break armor proc (Which DOES stack, I believe only X2 though) For level 50 I would either stick with lance, or hit up some cheap weapons, which the best of those would be a Luminous Harpoon, or a Limchopper (more damage than Harpoon I believe, but no break armor proc). For the pricier items, if you have rift set, go with Scimitar for the set bonus, if you don't have the rest of the rift set (I.E. Power armor, OL rift helm, and Skull shield) go with Shadow Hax of Hate, only about 35K in CS I believe, with nice armor, decent damage, break armor (I believe) and execute combo along with the shadow weapons hidden debuff. Only instance I would consider Iceberg items better were if I was in need of fulfilling the combo ice shatter (Freeze proc+Stomp, which does more damage than hot flash, from old testings:cool:)

Sky../
01-30-2011, 03:30 AM
@mystical

How bout compared to the black ice axe? Is zuraz lance the only sub50 weapon that's better than it?

Royce
01-30-2011, 09:24 AM
If you have a shock lance, check its skill damage compared to similar items (harpoon, spears, etc) When I tested before, it had glitched skill damage, but I do not have one to check now that we can actually see the damage.
Yes it's still glitched, so not as good as a harpoon, but similar to the skill damage from a spear.

Shock lance (Zuraz) has 12 less DPS but about 12 more damage, than the harpoon, if memory serves me right. At level 40, D'Jinn spear (any one you can get that's level 37-40 will work) with the high damage and break armor proc. For level 45, D'Jinn spear of Isis for a cheap way out, or, better yet, a shock lance (Preferably Zuraz but they all work) for the high damage, decent DPS, and the break armor proc (Which DOES stack, I believe only X2 though)
Since when does shock lance break armor stack? I tested it several times (granted not very recently) and it never stacked despite procing instantly...

@mystical

How bout compared to the black ice axe? Is zuraz lance the only sub50 weapon that's better than it?

I would guess you are too hung up on DPS (a very misleading and not all that important stat). I'd have to check but I believe even a level 35 Trident (also breaks armor) might be better than the hatchet. In addition all the stuff I mentioned above.

Sky../
01-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Icrberg black-ice axe

87-100 damage
0.9 speed
7 str
1 dodge
3 hit
3h/s
2m/s
4 armor

Royce
01-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, but remember tridents, spears, etc break armor, so you can basically add 15 to 30 to their damage when comparing to a non armor breaking weapon like the hatchet. Also armor breakers cause your whole party to do more damage, and for a tank who is not the primary damage dealer in a party, that's a big deal ;)

Sky../
01-30-2011, 01:48 PM
I see. Thanks

Crywolf
01-30-2011, 10:16 PM
what is dps? im really confused about it and how do u know if a weapon has break armor?

KaotiicxDream
01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Limbchopper of destiny is best

Royce
01-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Limbchopper of destiny is best

Only if you want to max your own damage on your stat page. The harpoon with it's break armor proc will make your party more effective overall, and arguably will give you more damage than the chopper. And the scim is also better than the chopper if you are using the full rift set because of the set bonus ;)

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Frosty hatchet of the bear 102dmg.

Royce
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
what is dps? im really confused about it and how do u know if a weapon has break armor?

DPS is damage per second. It is a simple calculation based on the average damage and speed of a weapon. The problem is it doesn't take opponent armor (which subtracts from the damage of each strike) into account and can therefore be highly misleading. Many high DPS weapons are really low damage weapons with a fast speed. Since armor takes damage from each blow, high damage, slow weapons are less adversely affected by target armor. Also high damage (but not necessarily high DPS) weapons generally add more damage to your skills.

DaSphinx
01-31-2011, 07:26 PM
DPS is damage per second. It is a simple calculation based on the average damage and speed of a weapon. The problem is it doesn't take opponent armor (which subtracts from the damage of each strike) into account and can therefore be highly misleading. Many high DPS weapons are really low damage weapons with a fast speed. Since armor takes damage from each blow, high damage, slow weapons are less adversely affected by target armor. Also high damage (but not necessarily high DPS) weapons generally add more damage to your skills.

This is interesting to know. I just recently made a switch from Conqueror's Board and Nail to a Conqueror's Frozen Mace without seeing much change at all. With this armor break business, should I really be focusing on getting a trident or spear out of the Swamp region even though the DPS may be lower?

Seems like DPS doesn't really matter at all. I'm constantly spamming all 3 slash skills anyway so i'm never really utilizing DPS. Maybe I should consider a one-handed weapon until i get a spear weapon?

Royce
01-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Yes I would use a trident/pitchfork (or lizard lance) at 35 for tanking. The damage of the iceberg hatchet is better here, but your whole party will benefit from your armor breaking. Tridents, spears, harpoons, etc. are all 1 hand weapons.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Limb chopper

roth140
02-06-2011, 11:04 AM
I have the guardians battlesword of hate, cyber skull of the rift, and cyber armor of the rift. I dont have a set bonus because of the big hate sword right? What about if I used the cyber sword and kite shield?

And would it be better for the armor break if I used luminous harpoon instead of the cyber sword?

Nightarcher
02-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I have the guardians battlesword of hate, cyber skull of the rift, and cyber armor of the rift. I dont have a set bonus because of the big hate sword right? What about if I used the cyber sword and kite shield?

And would it be better for the armor break if I used luminous harpoon instead of the cyber sword?

You can complete a Cyber Rift Set either by combining the armor and helmet with a Cyber Sword & Shield, or wearing a Plasma Battlewsword of the Rift.

If you use a Harpoon you will do more damage and you will Break Armor, but you won't get the large set-bonus with the tons of extra armor and stuff. :)

Royce
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM

All the sets and their bonuses are listed here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8939-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Alien-Oasis-Part-III
I do think the harpoon is far better than the cyber sword. The cyber set bonuses are fairly small, and since the cyber sword is a pretty weak weapon I wouldn't recommend using that cyber set.

Crywolf
02-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm using hate armor shield helm but My weapon is sunblessed rift? Is this alright?

Daonaloz
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm confused;
Limbchopper has the most damage
Shadow Hax is better than limbchopper?
Harpoon or lance to break armor or does the shadow hax also break armor?
I have the full shadow set helm/armor/shield/hax, but I'm using the limbchopper

Should I equip the hax instead of the limbchopper? what hidden bonus comes with the shadow set?

I'm still missing the OLhelm and power armor to complete the rift set. should I be trying to complete the rift set even though I have the shadow set?

Royce
02-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Harpoons (and lances, spears, etc.) break armor. The limbchopper has a small proc that may reduce both armor and damage (can't remember exactly), but only by like 1 point. The Hax (and vibra and cyber sword) have the weird execute proc (or combo which seems a more appropriate term). Execute is like an extra attack and only happens when your target is debuffed by hellscream. There is no bonus for the Hate set (only for 2 rift and 2 cyber rift sets). I would not bother collecting the rift set since the cap has raised, hate will be just fine to get you to 55 ;)

Daonaloz
02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
thanks,
Guess I'll be shopping for a lance or harpoon.

giayuan
02-08-2011, 10:20 PM
your fist ;D

DaSphinx
02-10-2011, 02:41 PM
How can you tell if the weapon breaks armor? I've never seen anything pop up that lets me know it worked. I've had Conqueror's Demon's Pitchfork, and now I'm using a Djinn Spear of Legend.

Never been able to tell if its doing anything.

Royce
02-10-2011, 03:28 PM
How can you tell if the weapon breaks armor? I've never seen anything pop up that lets me know it worked. I've had Conqueror's Demon's Pitchfork, and now I'm using a Djinn Spear of Legend.

Never been able to tell if its doing anything.

There is an animation and even a sound effect I believe but it's not easy to see. The best way to test is to go to PvP with a friend an have him watch his avatar screen while you hit him, to watch for armor changing. All tridents, pitchforks, spears and harpoons do it though ;)

your fist ;D

Now that's hardcore ;)