PDA

View Full Version : Can't you buy new dungeons? Getting "Sandbox" Error? Here is solution!!

mefiik
04-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Do you have Jailbroken Device? Are you gettin "Not a Sandbox user account" error? Here is solution

It is actually quite simple.

1. Uninstall the troubled application(s).
2. Open an SSH window to your device.
3. Navigate to /private/var/stash/libexec/
4. Here you will see an "installd" file and an "installd.backup" file without the quotes.
5. Rename the "installd" file to "installd.new" without the quotes.
6. Rename the "installd.backup" file to "installd" without the quotes.
7. Install the application again. THE APP MUST EITHER BE FREE OR YOU MUST HAVE PAID FOR IT FOR IN-APP PURCHASE TO WORK.
8. Test the purchase. It should work correctly.
9. Go back in SSH, and navigate to /private/var/stash/libexec/
10. Rename the "installd" file back to "installd.backup".
11. Rename the "installd.new" file back to "installd".
12. Done! You will have to do this every time you install a new application with In-App purchase.

In-App purchase should now work forever on the app that you reinstalled. This is because the "installd" file is the one that allows cracked app installation. This file, if present during the installation of an app with In-App purchase somehow breaks that process. In-App purchase will work if the patch is not present on the installation of the app, even though it is after the installation.

taken from: http://xsellize.com/threads/73348-How-to-fix-the-In-App-Purchase-quot-Not-a-Sandbox-Account-quot-issue

zxco
04-14-2010, 01:14 PM
There is an easier way without SSH.

1) Uninstall the APP
2) Uninstall APP Sync 3.x from Cydia
3) Reinstall the app
4) Run & test the app
5) Reinstall APP Sync 3.x

Much easier.

Sonnislimm
04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
this is gr8, i was stuck for a min. thanks zxco

Pixxie
04-23-2010, 05:03 AM
You can also do this ON your iphone by using iFile instead of SSH.

Leave
05-02-2010, 05:35 PM
lemme guess your asking how to get maps illegally for this game on its own forums?
nice.
just nice.
btw i didnt jailbreak mine because it lags like helll~~~

Cheshirepoet
05-06-2010, 02:32 PM
lemme guess your asking how to get maps illegally for this game on its own forums?
nice.
just nice.
btw i didnt jailbreak mine because it lags like helll~~~
He wasn't asking that...when you jailbreak the iphone it includes a patched file that allows you to transfer apps to itunes, but when you try to do an in-app purchase it blocks it. This rectifies that so you CAN pay for in-app purchases. So there :P haha.

FeralDruid
05-06-2010, 02:50 PM
He wasn't asking that...when you jailbreak the iphone it includes a patched file that allows you to transfer apps to itunes, but when you try to do an in-app purchase it blocks it. This rectifies that so you CAN pay for in-app purchases. So there :P haha.

It doesn't do that automagically if you jailbreak. I'm jailbroken and i can do in-app without fail, I only JB for Winterboard.

What he's talking about is how to do in-app purchases if you've modified your idevice for running pirated software.

shame shame

Guitarlon
06-01-2010, 04:11 AM
It doesn't do that automagically if you jailbreak. I'm jailbroken and i can do in-app without fail, I only JB for Winterboard.

What he's talking about is how to do in-app purchases if you've modified your idevice for running pirated software.

shame shame

No it's any jailbroken device - Erica Utilities interferes with the in-app run actually - no-one's trying to obtain illegal maps.

Anyways this worked, (deleting appsync) thanks.

Lawlessomega
06-12-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll I-extreme flash my 360, I'll also use mcboot on my ps2, but I will never jailbreak. The prices for apps are so cheap I really see no need to do it, now 60$ for a 360 game? Ty I'll mod. I'm not saying I believe it's wrong, if you want to jailbreak then whatever it's your idevice. There are just too many problems with jailbroken apps for me to consider it.

binarybob
06-17-2010, 04:25 PM
I'll I-extreme flash my 360, I'll also use mcboot on my ps2, but I will never jailbreak. The prices for apps are so cheap I really see no need to do it, now 60$ for a 360 game? Ty I'll mod. I'm not saying I believe it's wrong, if you want to jailbreak then whatever it's your idevice. There are just too many problems with jailbroken apps for me to consider it.

I think you may misunderstand the bigger point of jail breaking. There are plenty of reasons to jailbreak your phone that have nothing to do with getting apps for free. Granted some of it is coming with iOS4, but jail breaking lets you do everything with your phone that apple tells you you shouldn't be doing like multitasking, full customization UI look and feel, unlocking, full control of the phone (ssh daemon, http server, etc), 3rd party apps (tethering, gvoice, video recording for 3G, etc.)

King Richie
06-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Hey im just about to jail break my ipod .. can someone put these steps in simpler words just so i know what to do =) !!

mysticgod
08-26-2010, 01:47 PM
i cant find sync 3.x on cydia where do i find it? if this works i will love you forever.

mysticgod
08-26-2010, 02:12 PM
how? please explain

mysticgod
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I love you omg i was stuck on this forever!! Thanks so much!!! P.s. Did i tell you i love you?!?!?!?!?!

Machinima
08-26-2010, 03:18 PM
He basically said how to delete the app and Download a fake version which with Cydia could have all maps unlocked.

icantgetkills
08-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Good job! The sandbox error was so annoying! But I didn't do any of that and somehow it just started working one day :/. Weird ay

Leyeh88
09-04-2010, 06:02 PM

1) Uninstall the APP
3) Reinstall the app
4) Run & test the app

Much easier.

Thanks a lot! it works

Demonicdevyn
09-06-2010, 06:17 PM
were can i find 3.x?

Xynasty
10-08-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't see any "installd.backup" in this directory.
Where is it ?

I changed my "installd" to "installd.new" and I got problems with iTunes and Apple Store on my iPod. It couldn't connect or I couldn't buy platinum anymore.

Ruscour
12-30-2010, 06:05 PM
FYI, the people who jailbreak and steal apps from the App Store are the minority.

I play Digimon World 3 on my iPad's Playstation 1 emulator from across the room using a WiiMote.

That's why you jailbreak. Because the above sentence contains ridiculous amounts of win.

Coltona
05-01-2011, 04:09 AM

1) Uninstall the APP
3) Reinstall the app
4) Run & test the app

Much easier.

lol decided it would be easier to restore and update and leave un jailbroken before I saw this....CRAP!

JaytB
05-01-2011, 05:19 AM
Hey im just about to jail break my ipod .. can someone put these steps in simpler words just so i know what to do =) !!

Just click here (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/) and look for redsn0w (files and links to instructions can be found there). PM me if you need any help. Jailbreaking you idevice takes like 5 minutes or so. There are other tools if you depend on a software unlock, but if not, go for redsn0w.

I think you may misunderstand the bigger point of jail breaking. There are plenty of reasons to jailbreak your phone that have nothing to do with getting apps for free. Granted some of it is coming with iOS4, but jail breaking lets you do everything with your phone that apple tells you you shouldn't be doing like multitasking, full customization UI look and feel, unlocking, full control of the phone (ssh daemon, http server, etc), 3rd party apps (tethering, gvoice, video recording for 3G, etc.)

Exactly! I've jailbroken my iDevices to have more customization options. I never even bothered to find out how to get cracked apps really.

Johnaudi
06-21-2011, 05:25 AM
ty.....

Johnaudi
06-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Just click here (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/) and look for redsn0w (files and links to instructions can be found there). PM me if you need any help. Jailbreaking you idevice takes like 5 minutes or so. There are other tools if you depend on a software unlock, but if not, go for redsn0w.

Exactly! I've jailbroken my iDevices to have more customization options. I never even bothered to find out how to get cracked apps really.
ummm u can get them from installous from cydia lol

Steverd
08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
What if I did not have APP Sync installed in Cydia?
Would I have to do the SSH method as shown in the first post?

Steve

1) Uninstall the APP
3) Reinstall the app
4) Run & test the app

Much easier.