PDA

View Full Version : Looks like PL wins after all.

Lesrider
01-29-2011, 10:05 PM
My DD file appears to be corrupted -- I can't get past the first screen. So I guess PL wins after all, and 1.7 won't have to compete for my attention.

Very sad right now :(

Cormz
01-29-2011, 10:20 PM
˙uǝǝʍʇǝquı ʎɐʍ-ɟןɐɥ ɯ,ı 'ǝpıs ʇɥbıן ǝɥʇ oʇ ʞɔɐq ǝɯoɔ ǝʌ,noʎ ʇsɐǝן ʇɐ ˙ǝɯɐb ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇıʍ dn pǝɟ os buıʇʇǝb ɯı 'ʇ,usɐʍ ʇı ʇnq ǝʇɐpdn ʇsɐן uı pǝxıɟ ǝq pןnoʍ pp ʇɥbnoɥʇ ı

Lesrider
01-29-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm still on 1.0, bc 2.0 reported more problems than 1.0.

Anyway, I don't feel good about restoring my whole phone from backup for one game. And there doesn't seem to be any other solution. So unless 3.0 update fixes it (doubtful), I give up.

Damn good game, too bad they didn't have a proper beta test before releasing it to the public. :(

chrononh
01-30-2011, 01:47 AM
lol Wb, Les. Haven't logged on to DD since a few days after the update came out. It was a nice game, but buggy as heck. Storing the data locally instead of in a server is also a disadvantage because when the phone data gets corrupted, there is no known way of getting your data back. I'm waiting for the new iPad, then will try to restore from my old v.1.0 backup and see if I get my chars and levels intact. My interest has diminished to practically zero though.

Been leveling my archer instead (the old fashioned way, without the potions, and now level 45). When I get it to 50, if 1.7 isn't out yet, I'll level my second bear.

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 01:54 AM
Yeah, I know -- the lack of a server to save our data on makes it really risky. I wish I stopped playing when I heard of other people's files getting corrupted. But I was enjoying it too much. And it's driving me crazy not being able to play now :(

3.0 is supposed to fix a lot of bugs and have some other way to backup saves. But since my file is already corrupted, it won't help me. 3.0 sounds pretty awesome too.
Ugh and I just looted an awesome 108k godly pristine, but didn't back up after that. So if I do manage to restore from my backups, that is definitely gone. I'm also afraid to restore and risk my other phone data. Ugh why couldn't they just do it right from the start? :(

And wow didn't even know you had an archer. And why a second bear?

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 01:55 AM
lol Wb, Les. Haven't logged on to DD since a few days after the update came out. It was a nice game, but buggy as heck. Storing the data locally instead of in a server is also a disadvantage because when the phone data gets corrupted, there is no known way of getting your data back. I'm waiting for the new iPad, then will try to restore from my old v.1.0 backup and see if I get my chars and levels intact. My interest has diminished to practically zero though.

Been leveling my archer instead (the old fashioned way, without the potions, and now level 45). When I get it to 50, if 1.7 isn't out yet, I'll level my second bear.

Game... Data... Locally... I ... Must... Hack.... *Downloads DD*

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Game... Data... Locally... I ... Must... Hack.... *Downloads DD*

Yep that seems popular too. But they apparently are putting some hack-prevention coding into the update. And it's not in the app store right now. So guess you'll have to hack something else ;)

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:04 AM
Yep that seems popular too. But they apparently are putting some hack-prevention coding into the update. And it's not in the app store right now. So guess you'll have to hack something else ;)

There is no such thing as a "hack Prevention" on a ipod. ESPECIALLY with a brand spankin new game.

Haypi Kingdom is a perfect example of that. Server-side game that stored a very large portion of their game on the gamer-side. It had the toughest code I have ever seen on a ipod nd me and a group of people broke it in under a week. We were all running around with 100,000,000, coins, 1,000,000 catapult speed and our hourly resource productions were 500,000 WITHOUT any resource fields or buffs.

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 02:15 AM
There is no such thing as a "hack Prevention" on a ipod. ESPECIALLY with a brand spankin new game.

Haypi Kingdom is a perfect example of that. Server-side game that stored a very large portion of their game on the gamer-side. It had the toughest code I have ever seen on a ipod nd me and a group of people broke it in under a week. We were all running around with 100,000,000, coins, 1,000,000 catapult speed and our hourly resource productions were 500,000 WITHOUT any resource fields or buffs.

Yeah others were saying that too.
It's too bad they didn't approach this game the right way from the start. It has the makings of an amazing game, but they really should have had a server for saves. Especially since they're trying to sell the PC/console versions ofthe game to the same people. They're not building a good foundation of trust with people getting corrupted files, etc.

Makes me so sad. I put in so many hours into the game. Ugh.

1.7 better be good enough to make me forget about DD!!!

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:17 AM
If crafting is what I think it is... I'm about to be super duper addicted.

Physiologic
01-30-2011, 02:19 AM
*crosses fingers for crafting chance of destruction*

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 02:21 AM
If crafting is what I think it is... I'm about to be super duper addicted.

Wish they'd spill the beans already. Why all the secrecy about the crafting?

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Wish they'd spill the beans already. Why all the secrecy about the crafting?

To make us active, and a cruel joke. JustG just loves the sight of a good mental breakdown game-wide before a update.

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 02:24 AM
To make us active, and a cruel joke. JustG just loves the sight of a good mental breakdown game-wide before a update.

Lol or maybe they're worried we won't like how it sounds and complain before we even see it? ;)

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:26 AM
heheh... or maybe they are worried that it is too awesome and if they tell us too soon, we will go crazy and kill ourselves before the update even happens.. Food for thought..

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 02:33 AM
heheh... or maybe they are worried that it is too awesome and if they tell us too soon, we will go crazy and kill ourselves before the update even happens.. Food for thought..

Eh, I'm noticing a trend -- the things they're proudest of, they reveal the most information about.

I'm still wondering why they haven't leaked any photos/videos/concept art of the sewers, like they did for ao3 and the winter map.

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Eh, I'm noticing a trend -- the things they're proudest of, they reveal the most information about.

I'm still wondering why they haven't leaked any photos/videos/concept art of the sewers, like they did for ao3 and the winter map.

:( does this mean the sewers are gonna be another crappy fast patch up like elite?

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 02:39 AM
:( does this mean the sewers are gonna be another crappy fast patch up like elite?

I really really hope not. I just wish they'd show us SOMETHING if they're proud of it.

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:45 AM
Awww this just got my hopes down :(

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 02:50 AM
Awww this just got my hopes down :(

Hey if you keep your expectations low, you'll be thrilled with anything ;)

I just remember all the concept art and videos they kept releasing of ao3, whetting our appetites. Makes me wonder why we havent gotten any yet for the sewers.

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:52 AM
They gave us more feedback for best app ever but not a peep about a huge update INTRODUCING a new item class and new skill?!?!

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 02:54 AM
They gave us more feedback for best app ever but not a peep about a huge update INTRODUCING a new item class and new skill?!?!

Exactly. So come on, G, show off your goods!

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 02:59 AM
I just thought of something!!

Crafting! What do you craft? Well they already told us, Rings!

The crafting skill allows us to make rings! Makes sense!

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 03:01 AM
I just thought of something!!

Crafting! What do you craft? Well they already told us, Rings!

The crafting skill allows us to make rings! Makes sense!

Lol it's possible. But wouldn't they have just said that? Instead they announced them as two separate things.

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Lol it's possible. But wouldn't they have just said that? Instead they announced them as two separate things.

You know how the devs work. This is most likely one of their sly plans. I will make a bet with you Les that crafting involves rings in some sort of way :).

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 03:04 AM
You know how the devs work. This is most likely one of their sly plans. I will make a bet with you Les that crafting involves rings in some sort of way :).

Lol I don't like bets.

Anyway, whatever it is, I just hope it's good enough to make me forget about DD. Because right now I'm just so sad :(