PDA

View Full Version : Help

xuz
01-30-2011, 12:27 AM
hey guys im on a ipod 2G with a decent internet connection, but for some reason im always at least 500-600 ping.

400 if im lucky. my question is how can i make it non laggy and possibly faster

Militaryman
01-30-2011, 01:34 AM
Where do u live? That may be a factor

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 01:49 AM
Developers live in Texas. The closer you are to Texas, the better your ping is. I live in Colorado, which is pretty close to Texas, my ping is usually 40-140.

Low battery power can make you lag, notifications can make you lag and having your game-play quality set to high can make you lag. All of these especially on a 2nd Generation ipod.

If your jailbroken, having your springboard decked out lags your ipod, badly. Then 3rd party apps that change the configuration of your ipod will lag you really bad.

So the best solution to this is to upgrade to the 4th generation. Pocket Legends is made more for the 3rd and 4th generation ipods anyways. If you can't, just disable notifications, backgrounder stuff, springboard stuff and uninstall 3rd party applications/appliances and set lower quality on pl settings.

Also, the closer you are to your internet router, the better your wifi signal is. Certain objects like comforters on your bed for some reason block your wifi really really bad. When I put my blanket over my ipod, my signal just drops to nothing. So always try having your ipod high and pointed towards the router. Do all of these and you should notice a pretty good decrease in your ping.

icantgetkills
01-30-2011, 02:33 AM
He lives on Sydney Australia 10 minutes from me I have an iPad but get same ping no lad :)

Royce
01-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Developers live in Texas. The closer you are to Texas, the better your ping is. I live in Colorado, which is pretty close to Texas, my ping is usually 40-140.
Wouldn't proximity to the servers be the only thing that matters? And they're in North Carolina, not Texas ;)
Anyway, uncheck "high quality" in your settings, turn off all notifications, and at some point upgrade to a 4th gen ;)