PDA

View Full Version : Simple question concerning bans

Anarchist
10-02-2014, 11:25 AM
So recently there was that mass murder thing concerning plat farming. I am curious to know one thing though:
If i got banned and come back playing new toon, new device and someone sees me and go report to sts, i will get banned again or i won't get banned cause i started afresh?

From what i understood when you get banned you cant use sts products by any means....not sure though. Can anyone shed some light here?

Ps: i am not discussing the ban of a third person just wanna know the mechanics behind it.

obee
10-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I think they block your ip, so you can't do that

mightymynk
10-02-2014, 12:01 PM
Yup they block ur ip and device nd email bt if u start all fresh i dnt thnk u shd be ban until u do smthng wrng again even if sm1 reported u coz u r whole new and how cm sm1 cn surely say u r same old person

Anarchist
10-02-2014, 12:10 PM
Someone once told me while i was banned from forum creating a new forum account to still comment could worsen my situation, even asking people to post on my behalf was not allowed he said.
So i always thought when one gets banned its forever, ever so if you come back even on a new account its not allowed.
Right or wrong?

obee
10-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Someone once told me while i was banned from forum creating a new forum account to still comment could worsen my situation, even asking people to post on my behalf was not allowed he said.
So i always thought when one gets banned its forever, ever so if you come back even on a new account its not allowed.
Right or wrong?
Yea, on forums you can't come back, or you will just be perma banned, or even ip blocked

Anarchist
10-02-2014, 12:29 PM
But ingame you can?

obee
10-02-2014, 12:41 PM
But ingame you can?
You can't, but who's gonna figure it out. I've noticed people who have come back

Zylx
10-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Technically, if you're banned, it's so you can't ever return to the game. But unless spacetime makes people log in via fingerprints, it's hard to keep troubling people from coming back by starting on a completely new set of information.

Zeus
10-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Right or wrong?

That is correct, you may not create a new forums account or get someone else to post on your behalf. As for having an alternative, existing forums account - that I am not sure about.

However, for your question...it's a case by case basis. I've seen in some cases where the developers know but they do not care enough. However, in others, they will absolutely not let a player back into the game.

Anarchist
10-02-2014, 01:14 PM
However, for your question...it's a case by case basis. I've seen in some cases where the developers know but they do not care enough. However, in others, they will absolutely not let a player back into the game.
That's interesting.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Are ya going to be banned?

Thrindal
10-02-2014, 07:40 PM
I have seen several toons in game I suspect are banned folks but I have no way of proving it. In all cases the toons are low kill 41s with rings, arcane pets and arcane/mythic weapons. Plus in some cases the toon names are almost taunting in nature.

Sure a few could be alts but I have seen a lot of these toons since the purge.

Ultimately if you refresh everything and don't tell who you are and play clean from now on I doubt you would have an issue.

Anarchist
10-03-2014, 03:55 AM
I have seen several toons in game I suspect are banned folks but I have no way of proving it. In all cases the toons are low kill 41s with rings, arcane pets and arcane/mythic weapons. Plus in some cases the toon names are almost taunting in nature.

Sure a few could be alts but I have seen a lot of these toons since the purge.

Ultimately if you refresh everything and don't tell who you are and play clean from now on I doubt you would have an issue.
You nailed thanks.

Are ya going to be banned?
Mystery :D

rokksteady
10-03-2014, 05:09 PM
list of people who got banned??
anyone know?

just wondering

Appeltjes
10-03-2014, 05:24 PM
list of people who got banned??
anyone know?

just wondering

Sts doesn't discuss bans.

Arachnophobik
10-03-2014, 08:11 PM
My friend got the 14 day ban and he told me all his items wete taken out. So now he has to start fresh. I dont think you would get banned on a new, fresh account since you would have ti start from scratch and theres no way to plat farm anymore anyway.

Legallyblonde
10-04-2014, 10:52 PM
I hope not. If someone did something bad enough to get IP Banned they don't deserve to even be playing this game.

Divine Judgement-
NO OBJECTIONS!

^
Always wanted to say that.

Origin
10-05-2014, 04:32 AM
Not always true, they seem to review cases and the actual IP ban cases I've seen really put in a lot of effort to push across the line, from "mischievous misfit" over to "seriously disturbed and remorseless" (really funny if u know these people are harmless irl but probably rather scary if u're staff). People stepping forward to appeal on your behalf apparently makes it worse, even if they did it of their own accord. Especially if it generates negative publicity. Forum and game bans appear somewhat separate. Run it through them before coming back to the game. They make no promises but at least it'll help set your expectations right. wkwkwk. ;>

Chrisaetoshawker
10-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Not always true, they seem to review cases and the actual IP ban cases I've seen really put in a lot of effort to push across the line, from "mischievous misfit" over to "seriously disturbed and remorseless" (really funny if u know these people are harmless irl but probably rather scary if u're staff). People stepping forward to appeal on your behalf apparently makes it worse, even if they did it of their own accord. Especially if it generates negative publicity. Forum and game bans appear somewhat separate. Run it through them before coming back to the game. They make no promises but at least it'll help set your expectations right. wkwkwk. ;>

Hey origin:)
Long time no see ^^

Jay Gatsby
10-05-2014, 05:05 AM
one simple way is that you dont tell others you were banned, old sport. But i guess it is reasonable that they ban u again

Madnex
10-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Sadly, having someone appeal for you if you're banned, apparently works. Very sadly.

Gensin
10-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Sadly, having someone appeal for you if you're banned, apparently works. Very sadly.

Whats wrong with that?

Soundlesskill
10-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I think the banned players got unbanned 3 days later, as I jumped to 21th LB spot, but went down to 24th after 3 days :)!

Zeus
10-05-2014, 10:40 AM
I've appealed people's bans for them so as I said, it's a case by case basis.

Anarchist
10-05-2014, 11:32 AM
I think the banned players got unbanned 3 days later, as I jumped to 21th LB spot, but went down to 24th after 3 days :)!

People that went off lb said it was cause they didnt play for long so when they came back they got back their spots. Pigs fly and donkeys roar.

If appeals remove bans...

Well, this game is a joke if they really do.
Not the game actually but specifically support group is.

I am waiting for a moderator or a Dev confirmation or negation here, thanks.

j3peaz
10-05-2014, 12:02 PM
The movement of lb positions was because they reset them and as people logged in were added back to the lb

Serancha
10-05-2014, 05:31 PM

Whats wrong with that?

Everything. A ban should be a ban and STS should not be swayed just because a plat whale asks for them to reverse the decision.

Legallyblonde
10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gensin
10-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Everything. A ban should be a ban and STS should not be swayed just because a plat whale asks for them to reverse the decision.

What if STS is actually not swayed by the plat? For ex: The person that got banned didnt deserve the punishment, wrong accusations.

Zeus
10-05-2014, 11:34 PM
What if STS is actually not swayed by the plat? For ex: The person that got banned didnt deserve the punishment, wrong accusations.

This.

The cases where I appealed had nothing to do with platinum or me spending a lot of platinum.

However, in case people haven't noticed: money is powerful.

Anarchist
10-06-2014, 12:40 AM
This.

The cases where I appealed had nothing to do with platinum or me spending a lot of platinum.

However, in case people haven't noticed: money is powerful.

Did the appeal work?

Gensin
10-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Did the appeal work?

Appeals sometimes work.

Rare
10-06-2014, 08:24 AM

Yeah. but you can see how that would compromise business strategy :p

Anarchist
10-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Or its money.
Or its s*x.
In this case its money. Got how bans work, thanks.

Zeus
10-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Did the appeal work?

Yes.

Zylx
10-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I can understand appealing if the crime isnt severe and the violator is sincerely remorseful.

Zeus
10-06-2014, 11:26 AM
I can understand appealing if the crime isnt severe and the violator is sincerely remorseful.

Yes - the appeals I have done are generally over confusions between support and customer. If it's things like platinum fraud, I doubt it would be able to be appealed.

Remiem
10-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Hey guys. To clear things up, since plat farming is such a serious offense, and evading a ban is also considered a bannable offense, it is possible that if the STS team catches wind that you have done so, then your new account could be banned. That being said, we don't want this to be a "witch hunt." We don't want you guys to go around reporting anyone and everyone that you think might be evading a ban. Please leave that kind of investigation up to us. But, if someone has managed to return only to turn around and break more rules or ruin player experiences in other ways, then we have a problem on our hands and would like to know about it. Our main concern is that our players are having fun and using the game as intended so that everyone has the best experience possible, which is why the NativeX bans happened in the first place. :) Thanks for helping us to make AL a happier place for everyone.