PDA

View Full Version : XP Sharing broken

Serancha
10-02-2014, 10:55 PM
So I was leveling my 40 warrior to 41 in Kraag 4 solo and got bored so invited a friend. I always watch xp per run, and was very surprised to see that I got no bonus from having a second person there.

When I wrote the Kraag 4 guide last spring, I did extensive tests and calculations regarding xp gains with elixirs, elixir stacks, and parties. This is a quote out of the xp guide I made at that time for my guild:

Party
2 People: + 33%
3-4 People: + 45%

You do not have to be actually "in a party" - xp gains appear to be the same just having others in the same zone. XP gains appeared to be slightly more with 3 people than 4, contrary to STS' comments in the past.

Important: You must remain in close proximity to share xp.
If you can't see them on your screen, they're getting too far away, and you will all lose.

So you can see the increase (when it was working) was quite substantial, so it's not just a little bit off - the bonus is missing completely. I did not get a chance to test with a party of 3 or 4 this time, but if the bonus is missing for a party of 2, then it's likely missing for all.

Aslanx
10-02-2014, 11:26 PM
:O When was this? I don't think ive ever noticed that o.o and I look at my xp too in WT4 lol, never noticed it going up in pt since I was a lvl 18 back in s4..

Serancha
10-02-2014, 11:42 PM
It happened sometime between the start of season 6 and now. So I would guess it's a bug with the new client that nobody noticed. It still worked in February when I did the testing for the guide.

It was earlier this week that I noticed it was broken.

Madnex
10-03-2014, 12:24 AM
I'll log later, should do a few more tests with two and three people. Hidden measures for reducing the overpopulation of capped players (lol) or something wrong with XP elixirs stacking.

Jay Gatsby
10-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Perhaps it's the lix

Serancha
10-03-2014, 03:19 AM
Elixirs are stacking properly. There is no question about it being the party xp that wasn't adding in. I did enough runs solo with elix to be certain of the numbers.

Maddy check the xp mechanics on the guild forum for my numbers from when it was working. That should give you a starting point.