PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, return of the Myna's Gens.

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Well... If you look on the first page of general discussion, you will notice three power leveling threads. This is what I call an Apocalypse. Myna's gens are gonna be sprouting out everywhere. *hides in box*

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=501367051403&id=d791b17b75a4a218a093f8f26f957314&url=http://www.spritestitch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/gameoverthumb.jpg

Conradin
01-30-2011, 03:28 PM
I hate mynas gens with a passion....

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Me too.... I think its time we called in our superhero to save the day!

*talks to RedRyder about sketching a superhero who's one and only goal is to rid the game of myna's gens*

Cabero
01-30-2011, 03:38 PM
I hate mynas gens with a passion....

Before my time, I don't even know who they are lol Please enlighten me.

Ayrilana
01-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Probably one of the reasons why I refuse to do VL runs now or do the cyber quests for my other characters. Everything is so disorganized and people have absolutely no idea what they're doing including what their role is in the party. There's still people who think the green orbs at Gurg stack and have to circle the room, bears who spam stomp and kick the boss out of the room to the point he runs back and resets, and even people who prefer to do their own thing instead of working as a team.

Level 50 players who have the experience (and skill) of a level 10 player.

DawnInfinity
01-30-2011, 03:41 PM
When AO2 came out, people flocked to lvl 3 (Mynas level) to be power leveled. Those new players didn't learn how to actually play PL and have no strategy / knowledge whatsoever. They are the players who don't heal / rev, tank when necessary, and don't use their skills correctly in general.. Thus, the Mynas generation.

Conradin
01-30-2011, 03:45 PM
It is a sad war that can never be won. They are the bane of PL civilization. When AO3 came out and was super hard, they were terrible.

Physiologic
01-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Powerleveling aka leeching is a plague in MMOs that just spawns more lv 50s that absolutely have no idea how to utilize their character. I honestly don't see anything good that comes out of leeching. Because a player has not nurtured and actually "played" their leeched character, they tend to not care for their character as much as one who actually devoted their time and effort to get to lv 50. As a result, a majority of MMO leechers do end up quitting earlier than non-leechers (this is true to any MMO). Devs should realize that leeching actually hurts long-term player base, as most leechers do quit for good. Their mentality? "Oh, I just powerleveled 3 lv 50s in a day, no biggie if I quit now."

I brought this up in another thread but I'll bring this up here - in which situation would you treasure your possession more? A $20,000 car that your parents bought you, or a $20,000 car that you saved up months and months of hard work, money, sacrifice, time, and effort for?

Militaryman
01-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Only one thing left to do... Go powerlvling!!!

Cabero
01-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Powerleveling aka leeching is a plague in MMOs that just spawns more lv 50s that absolutely have no idea how to utilize their character. I honestly don't see anything good that comes out of leeching. Because a player has not nurtured and actually "played" their leeched character, they tend to not care for their character as much as one who actually devoted their time and effort to get to lv 50. As a result, a majority of MMO leechers do end up quitting earlier than non-leechers (this is true to any MMO). Devs should realize that leeching actually hurts long-term player base, as most leechers do quit for good. Their mentality? "Oh, I just powerleveled 3 lv 50s in a day, no biggie if I quit now."

I brought this up in another thread but I'll bring this up here - in which situation would you treasure your possession more? A $20,000 car that your parents bought you, or a $20,000 car that you saved up months and months of hard work, money, sacrifice, time, and effort for?

That will change soon the devs are going to put the option in so that when you make a game you can set level restrictions on it. I think it was listed in the 1.7 update

Kujen
01-30-2011, 04:04 PM
I always wondered what that term meant too. I joined after ao3 lol. Kind of an outdated term, maybe these are actually keeper gens?

I too am tired of the powerlevelers though. Anytime I get a friend request and see they have like 1k kills at level 50 I groan. Got all three of my mains to 50 without begging people to do it for me, and you know what..I thought it was a lot of fun to go back into those earlier levels after doing nothing but victory lap runs. It is fun to play in a group of people your own level, that's how it was designed.

There's a bit too many who are interested in powerleveling others for profit now though. When my mage was still a few levels under 50, tired of getting booted by 50s, I made my own keeper map.. and once some 50 came in and demanded that I give him all my greens or he would leave. Lol! Okaaay..cya. (That was back when they had a huge gold drop rates, then nerfed it, and increased green loot drops.)
And now I get people soliciting me their power level services when I'm on my PVP twinks (if they aren't trying to rip me off with overpriced gear because they assume I'm a noob).

Ayrilana
01-30-2011, 04:09 PM
That will change soon the devs are going to put the option in so that when you make a game you can set level restrictions on it. I think it was listed in the 1.7 update

It won't change anything. Most of the leeching is occurring because people are power-leveling low levels. There's no way to prevent this other than to enforce level restrictions entirely. Unfortunately, the devs have said they won't do so on content that players have purchased.

Militaryman
01-30-2011, 04:15 PM
Maybe the devs should make it so that when a player lower than 10 levels below the suggested level for a map is in that game, all enemies automatically switch aggro to them, and can't be switched back.

Physiologic
01-30-2011, 04:16 PM
There's easy solutions to this. Each campaign has a level range intended for users to normally play through. Simply prevent anyone from gaining experience if they are not within the intended level range (i.e. lv 20 gets no experience at Alien Oasis 3, intended for 45-50).

Kujen
01-30-2011, 04:18 PM
I consider leeching the term to use when they are unwelcomed. For example, when I was in ao3 and this annoying lvl 20ish refused to leave, and we had no host that could boot him. That is a leech. A powerleveler has a lvl 50 agreeing to do it for them. Both can result in a player not knowing or interested in knowing how to properly play and being too dependent on others to do everything for them. Unless say, the person being powerleveled is somebody's alt and they're just asking their friend to help them (in a private map, otherwise they're a leech to others). That's the only time I think it's ok, but it can still take the fun out.

last350
01-30-2011, 04:18 PM
a $20k car is a subaru legacy. if i'm saving up for a car it's going to be much better than that. i bought a 350z new off the lot without a downpayment and beat the balls off it blowing the transmission at JUST under 30k miles. i didn't care for it at all, but if i had saved up a good 30k for a downpayment on a GT-R then i probably would have taken better care of it, but what's a 350z? 40k? that's really not that much. as for powerlevelling, i've earned some characters in games and powerlevelled some characters in games. all in all, the cost of time and effort in a character doesn't bring a 1:1 ratio of care to skill building. people play their characters the way they want to and most of those level 50s who just wanted to see end game are only going to be playing for a few weeks or months and only be in your hair for a short time.

in the end, people play their characters or their cars the way they want to, but comparing a $20k car to a $50.00 toon is not even close to on the same page. we're talking about comparing the title page to the appendix.

Physiologic
01-30-2011, 04:22 PM
a $20k car is a subaru legacy. if i'm saving up for a car it's going to be much better than that. i bought a 350z new off the lot without a downpayment and beat the balls off it blowing the transmission at JUST under 30k miles. i didn't care for it at all, but if i had saved up a good 30k for a downpayment on a GT-R then i probably would have taken better care of it, but what's a 350z? 40k? that's really not that much. as for powerlevelling, i've earned some characters in games and powerlevelled some characters in games. all in all, the cost of time and effort in a character doesn't bring a 1:1 ratio of care to skill building. people play their characters the way they want to and most of those level 50s who just wanted to see end game are only going to be playing for a few weeks or months and only be in your hair for a short time.

in the end, people play their characters or their cars the way they want to, but comparing a $20k car to a $50.00 toon is not even close to on the same page. we're talking about comparing the title page to the appendix.

I never intended to compare a car to a toon. It's simple application of economics to a microscale. I was talking more along the lines of mirroring behavior, influenced by dedication, work, time, and effort. Obviously a car is worth more than a toon.

I don't care about what car you think is better, you read only half of my argument, which was treasuring a car that you bought versus treasuring a car that your parents bought you (and a car in which you did not work for at all).

last350
01-30-2011, 04:23 PM
and btw, leeching is when you are sucking off other players. if i pay someone 10,000 gold to run through something like AO2:5 and kill 200 mobs for me while i follow and use a pot for the xp and 3 other people join up because they're on his friends list and they are just tagging along stealing drops and mob cash but not paying them for a service they are being hired for, they are leechers.

it's like standing in line at mcdonalds and when the person in front of you gets an order of fries, you just take a few out of their container. you're like wtf? get off my fries! i just paid for them and they're mine and the thief is like um no, the cashier is my friend i can have all the free fries i want.

Physiologic
01-30-2011, 04:25 PM
and btw, leeching is when you are sucking off other players. if i pay someone 10,000 gold to run through something like AO2:5 and kill 200 mobs for me while i follow and use a pot for the xp and 3 other people join up because they're on his friends list and they are just tagging along stealing drops and mob cash but not paying them for a service they are being hired for, they are leechers.

it's like standing in line at mcdonalds and when the person in front of you gets an order of fries, you just take a few out of their container. you're like wtf? get off my fries! i just paid for them and they're mine and the thief is like um no, the cashier is my friend i can have all the free fries i want.

Actually, it's paying for leech versus free leeching. Powerleveling is a term that leechers use to make themselves feel less of a "leech". In the end, you're "leeching" experience.

KingFu
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Remember, there is a BIG difference between power level(ing/ed) noobs, and mynas gen. Power level(ing/ed) noobs are just huge noobs, with little kids, and little knowledge about the game and how to play it. A real mynas gen skipped from Balefort (if that) to AO2. These people only know how to open the game and buy an elixir. They don't know combos, about CS, or even how to properly use their skills. You would be blown away by the stupidity that is of a mynas gen.

Don't have to worry about them. Since the Mynas Nerf, a majority of them have died out (partly due to the intensity that AO3 used to have). Few are still around, and by now, they can either hide their ratio and keep it quiet, or just blend in with the power leveled noobs, which a Mynas gen is a power leveled noob taken to the EXTREME extents. I found a mynas gen a while ago, he claimed all the gear from the plat store was better than loot, he was a big noob, and I have found level 15's with more knowledge about the game than they are.

Not to mention that they could be alts that they are asking to be powerleveled:)

Kossi
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
in runescape, you cant leech or powerlevel, basically, more damage you do is the amount of xp you get

Kujen
01-30-2011, 04:37 PM
It would be more complicated, but they could make it where if you have a lvl 50 in your party, and youre a lvl 20, you get less xp than if you were in a groups of 20s. They can still play in ao3 all they want, with other lvl 20s. :) I know it won't happen but the visual is kinda funny.

Anyway you still get the same amount of xp, whether the red mob is 3 levels higher than you or 20. You can still level fast in a good group of people your own level. I think many people who rely on 50s to powerlevel them are under the assumption that a mob 20+ levels higher than them gives huge xp, which it doesnt. The ones who realize this, well they're just lazy and would rather someone do all the work for them than be part of a group.

bravemenrun
01-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I've been running vl lately out of boredom and gotta say... I feel bad for good players trying to do high level quests right now. In a month I've noticed a huge increase in ridiculous behavior on these runs. In an obviously underpowered, under-armored team and see mages solo rushing rooms with multiple snipers. End up forced to pot spam to survive and do res after res. These antics end up taking twice as long to run the level. Apparently "pull" and "save orbs for mages" are foreign terms.... can't wait for the new content and some better players to come back on....

Physiologic
01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Remember, there is a BIG difference between power level(ing/ed) noobs, and mynas gen. Power level(ing/ed) noobs are just huge noobs, with little kids, and little knowledge about the game and how to play it. A real mynas gen skipped from Balefort (if that) to AO2. These people only know how to open the game and buy an elixir. They don't know combos, about CS, or even how to properly use their skills. You would be blown away by the stupidity that is of a mynas gen.

Don't have to worry about them. Since the Mynas Nerf, a majority of them have died out (partly due to the intensity that AO3 used to have). Few are still around, and by now, they can either hide their ratio and keep it quiet, or just blend in with the power leveled noobs, which a Mynas gen is a power leveled noob taken to the EXTREME extents. I found a mynas gen a while ago, he claimed all the gear from the plat store was better than loot, he was a big noob, and I have found level 15's with more knowledge about the game than they are.

Not to mention that they could be alts that they are asking to be powerleveled:)

It doesn't matter if some "powerlevelers" are just alts. The fact remains that a vast majority (I'd say a good 90%) of them are noobs and have absolutely no idea how to play.

I've been running vl lately out of boredom and gotta say... I feel bad for good players trying to do high level quests right now. In a month I've noticed a huge increase in ridiculous behavior on these runs. In an obviously underpowered, under-armored team and see mages solo rushing rooms with multiple snipers. End up forced to pot spam to survive and do res after res. These antics end up taking twice as long to run the level. Apparently "pull" and "save orbs for mages" are foreign terms.... can't wait for the new content and some better players to come back on....

This is the very same reason why I stopped running pub games for fun.

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Even minimum level restrictions wont stop it.

The one and ONLY way to stop them is to make it so they get absolutely no exp if their in too high of a dungeon

Reported
01-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Even minimum level restrictions wont stop it.

The one and ONLY way to stop them is to make it so they get absolutely no exp if their in too high of a dungeon

Agree, The only way you can stop people entering high level dungeons when they are low is to have set a level limit for each dungeon. For example when you reach level 13 at Forest Haven you dont get anymore exp, maybe they could have an unlocking system if you level up to 20 you unlock a new campaign that you can play on so they can experience everything.

Arterra
01-30-2011, 06:00 PM

pssssst the more people in a group, the more exp each person gets. opposite of gold drop.

Conradin
01-30-2011, 06:02 PM
ARTERRA - I think we should convince JustG to change the server name to you.

Arterra
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
ARTERRA - I think we should convince JustG to change the server name to you.

one day, one day. for now i simply wait for him to say "the realm of Arterra" in a post somewhere... got to find some noobs to ask about servers xD

Nightarcher
01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I will use two terms here.
-Independent players (know how to handle things and can take some weight on their shoulders)
-Dependent players (rely on the independent players to accomplish tasks and develop little strategy)

This is how "Mynas Generation" got their nickname:
Skilled players found that the Mynas Tombs level gave much faster and easier xp. They ran it to level up to 45, and continued to run it at high levels to farm cash and help level each other's lower characters. The players that weren't "pro," so to speak, discovered this through observation and discussion. Many joined the lv45 cash farming games and invited friends.

So, many who leeched on Mynas Tombs had skill and knew what they were doing. But because of the larger xp gap in leveling, AO2 brought "power-leveling" to a new level. This produced vast quantities of dependent players.

---

So, the problem here is the dependent players in the game who have been born from power-leveling.

My biggest pet peeve in this game is playing with people who are not self-sustaining. It's vital to have teamwork, but you should always be aware of your health by utilizing health potions and knowing how to use your skills effectively, both offensively and defensively.

Those who don't bother to learn and rely on others are the poison in the community. Nothing personal, but it's more rewarding to play it through. And also fun. At AO2 I power-leveled my mage to 45, but that was boring so I started a new bear and got up to 45 the old-fashioned way. It taught me how to survive using every one of a bear's skills, which is why I'm so skilled as a PVE tank today. :)

Lesrider
01-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Uh actually, that's called you being a sucker for paying for what others get for free.
And why should he have to powerlevel you alone? You don't lose xp by having them there. On the contrary, you actually get more xp the more people in the party.
So they were all doing YOU a favor.

Pandamoni
01-30-2011, 06:17 PM

You're assuming that level 50 who you hired didn't invite his friends to help him get you through the level faster. Don't assume the other 50's from the power leveler's friend list are leeching (taking drops) if they come in.

Pandamoni
01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Uh actually, that's called you being a sucker for paying for what others get for free.
And why should he have to powerlevel you alone? You lose xp by haveing them there. On the contrary, you actually get more xp the more people in the party.
So they were all doing YOU a favor.

Yeah, this.

bravemenrun
01-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Very insightful Nightarcher. Nice to get a little history. I've only been playing since last November. But thanks to the holidays, I got to 50 pretty quick the old fashioned way, and actually had fun doing it. It's funny, if these people that stand around begging for pl's and gold spent the same amount of time actually playing, they'd be 50 with gold to spare.... oh well, its a different game for these kinda people...

Dizzy
01-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Around level 40ish, while watching all the level 50s rush into the new elite maps a couple of weeks ago, I was tempted to powerlevel. But... I just never did. No real reason for it, just never got Keeper unlocked and at some point decided I'd grind it out. And when I finally reached 50? What a rush! There was a lot of hard work put into getting that 50, and I'm proud I did the work.

Now I've got my bear and bird, and when I first created them, figured I'd powerlevel them because they're my alts and I know the game already, right? But the thing is, I don't know the game with a bear or a bird. I know it as a mage. And the techniques are different, birds and bears have different functions on a team. I'm not saying I'll never powerlevel them, but I'm not going to even think about it until I feel comfortable knowing how to use their skills.

I don't understand people who don't want to do quests and want to be powerleveled and who beg for gear and gold. What's the point of playing this game if you want everything handed to you? Is it really more fun hanging out in Balefort asking for people for money or take you on endless Keeper runs? What's the point?

Phoenixking
01-30-2011, 08:34 PM
What if a person like me played the game and now that has experienced the game would like to powerlvl his other characters like me so i think its better optional i need to powerlvl since lvl55 is coming out so i want to get as close to lvl 50 for that its easier for me

romgar1
01-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Can the Mynas gen. skip people? I dont want to assume, but from the descriptions on this thread, I dont seem to fit the MO. I am post ao2. Started in mid december. Rather than say how I play I would rather let my actions speak, and maybe those on this forum who have played pl with me. As those those people who do fit this description, I am waiting like a stalking butler for the new boot vote fuction. Vyxnaar, Hidden ice passage, and many other areas will be safe from all leachers and the like.

YYZ????
01-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Ran into a Lvl 20 something in the plasma Pyramids just hanging back and totally leeching. I tap on his name and saw he had 0 Kills/0 Deaths. I hung back behind the wall with him for a sec and said hello. I then asked if he was having fun. A few seconds later I got booted. Perhaps it was an alt player he was leveling?? I am totally new to MMO's and I got so much reward/experience out of grinding out at all levels. It took me about 10000 kills before I got to 50. I don't know if that is good or bad but I feel I know how to play.

Phoenixking
01-30-2011, 08:52 PM
And now lets speak of...BEARPIRES.....how do you tell a dev to close a thread or end it.....pharcyde posted some thing that might frighten CHILDREN..since its a children game and alot of children are here

Snakespeare
01-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Y'know, that sort of player doesn't usually stay. They whine, after a week of playing and they have everything, that they are bored, and leave. They are just weather.

Ladylove
01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Power leveling your first character=big no-no

Power leveling an alt (usually twink) after you've gotten your first character to the level cap by doing the work=ok

Pharcyde
01-30-2011, 11:56 PM
How do you tell a dev to close a thread or end it.....Pharcyde posted some thing that might frighten CHILDREN..

Yes... The children... Pharcyde often Frightens them...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1KgTQf_IWq4/S9DhakQ7QdI/AAAAAAAAAJA/B7HtZJ49YkA/s200/razzingher.jpeg

Arterra
01-31-2011, 12:57 AM
When I'm asked to level someones alt, I try making some random excuse for why I can't

1) I dislike doing repetitive stuff, a bit
2) I dislike powerleveling of any kind, a lot

Yea say hello to naturally grown characters people. Might only have 2 50s, one 19, one 36, but I think I get more out of them than those people with like 4 50's... Ps all my char are pretty much aimed at dual wield, since I am overstocked on str booster items, so I don't even need more chars for other builds

Fyrce
01-31-2011, 05:52 AM
LOL, Arterra. Same here, though I admit to letting people join my group if I'm in lower level areas, which sometimes means they get xp faster than they would get without me. I do try to train them though.

Every game/MMO I've ever played has people who try to play using shortcuts. I think it's just some players nature. It's a bit weird because once they complete, almost all of them are then too bored to play the game the "right" way, which is really weird, since they've paid for the game...

I was doing some quests in Ao3 and while yes, there seem to be more horrible players there now than earlier, there still are good players and good teams. Some of them just need a good example or two. Of course, some of them are hopeless. I just try to talk to the bad ones and if its hopeless, I'll try my best, then look for a new group. I think once or twice I had to go play elsewhere for a bit or go eat lunch, but most times, after a couple groups, I found good players to play with. It's fun to lead these "groups" and hear someone finally say," Wow, fast," which makes me laugh. I'm guessing they just rarely see good players, or it could just be experience. What's cool is that once you show those good players how things are done, they get it and follow and yay, a good group results.

So while I know there are powerlevelers/leechers everywhere, there are also good players. It just takes a little bit of looking and playing.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 06:09 AM
Ick reading through the powerleveling thread is saddening. Especially seeing how many good players are offering to powerlevel lazy people who just "need to get to lvl 50 before the update!"

I played all three chars through all the maps, no powerleveling. I don't understand how people lvl one char and then think they need to plvl the rest. It's not the same experience. As someone whose bear was still a noob by ao3, despite leveling properly, I can't even imagine the kind of noobs we'll end up with all these powerlevelers added to the mix.

Riccits
01-31-2011, 06:10 AM
its hard to say who is noob and who has a 2nd char wich was powerlelevld....

i must say, i was happy to could lvl my twink to lvl 30 in some hours... i really played enough all low level dungeon with all my other chars..

but true, new players should really play through all dungeons at least 1 time!

when u play with powerleved noobs in ao3 u feel like soloing the map... :-/

Riccits
01-31-2011, 06:45 AM
emm..... or iam a bit overloaded... or wasnt here a post some minutes before from recflessa (or so)..?

:-?

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 06:48 AM
emm..... or iam a bit overloaded... or wasnt here a post some minutes before from recflessa (or so)..?

Lol there was. It was really long, too.

skimmey
01-31-2011, 07:16 AM
What is the mynas gen? What do they do and why are they called like this? Wondered for a long time since i read it pretty often just want to know ^^

Riccits
01-31-2011, 07:41 AM
What is the mynas gen? What do they do and why are they called like this? Wondered for a long time since i read it pretty often just want to know ^^

when u dont know whats mynas gen u must be droid gen ;) JK!

In AO2 the level 3 is called "Tombs of Mynas". In a AO2 times it was the "Crush the Keeper" from today. There was only mummies the half level and all powerleveld theyr chars there pretty fast. Then devs nerfed it putting in some Djin and some other better mobs, so that ppl coudnt use like before. Many started to use lvl 2 "Sandstone Hall" then, or found other solutions.
But is was really like today with "Crush keeper".
I wonderd that devs first nerf the Mynas level bcz of massive powerleveling, and then build again a perfect powerlevel stage like "Crush Keeper".....???

Riccits
01-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Lol there was. It was really long, too.

i didnt read anything bad in thought.. even my english isnt good ;)
devs will have theyr reasn to delete it..... who knows...

skimmey
01-31-2011, 09:02 AM

In AO2 the level 3 is called "Tombs of Mynas". In a AO2 times it was the "Crush the Keeper" from today. There was only mummies the half level and all powerleveld theyr chars there pretty fast. Then devs nerfed it putting in some Djin and some other better mobs, so that ppl coudnt use like before. Many started to use lvl 2 "Sandstone Hall" then, or found other solutions.
I wonderd that devs first nerf the Mynas level bcz of massive powerleveling, and then build again a perfect powerlevel stage like "Crush Keeper".....???

Ahh i see lol those mynas gens basically descirbes nokbs which powerlvled their first chars kaykay and yea iam droid gen ^^

Snakespeare
01-31-2011, 09:16 AM

Intentional irony, many think, that they put a room of respawning shadows in Crush and every once in a while King Mynas himself appears "I AM ALIVE!" to bring more warriors to his banquet hall of death.

BeefyMeat
01-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Snake, you stole my thunder. About to say that's why every few runs you get a nice surprise visit from Mynas himself, and with tanks that can't tank, and mages that don't heal, it's a lovely pit of death.

Snakespeare
01-31-2011, 09:30 AM
I just remembered something. You have to consider the catch-22 of AO3. As Futumsh pointed out on the day AO3 was released and some of us were whining about the half hour long boss fights that needed two or three elixirs... It is easier once you have the level 50 gear. So what do you do between 45 and 50? Level up! Crush the hallways of Keeper. Even some lesser bosses are just a waste of time until you are level 50 and using the new gear.

Riccits
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
I just remembered something. You have to consider the catch-22 of AO3. As Futumsh pointed out on the day AO3 was released and some of us were whining about the half hour long boss fights that needed two or three elixirs... It is easier once you have the level 50 gear. So what do you do between 45 and 50? Level up! Crush the hallways of Keeper. Even some lesser bosses are just a waste of time until you are level 50 and using the new gear.

Err no... it isnt all about the gear.... after the 1.5 weapon and skill nerf game is much easier than before...

for example: when u may remember at "crush keeper" a XP pot dured MAX to the Lorekeeper even almost all was almost 50. Now a day, with one XP pot u clear all mobs of the map easy..

just to kill a yellow alien u need much more time than now...

kallima
01-31-2011, 09:52 AM
Power leveling your first character=big no-no

Power leveling an alt (usually twink) after you've gotten your first character to the level cap by doing the work=ok

The only downfall to this is if their alt is not a twink. My main is a mage leveled correctly and because of the time/effort invested, I am able to join any group. However I created an alt bird because I wanted to know the play differences between the two characters. I started to pl in the teens and when I realized I wasn't learning how to use archer skills appropriately or time them effectively, I went back to ordinary leveling through completing quests - so much more satisfying and now feel fairly comfortable w/the skills though I still need to fine-tune a bit.

As a droid gen I don't mind people pl in games I create as long as they contribute or try, regardless of how much damage they do - if they fight they're learning actively, if they observe how a good team works - they're learning via observation; both will contribute to their future gameplay and (hopefully) serve as a catalyst for them to coach other gens.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 10:11 AM

Oh, thanks for the history lesson. I did not know the Djinns came later.
That is odd that they put Crush in after that...

BeefyMeat
01-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Oh, thanks for the history lesson. I did not know the Djinns came later.
That is odd that they put Crush in after that...

People will always find a way to make things as easy as possible. Work smart, not hard.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM
People will always find a way to make things as easy as possible. Work smart, not hard.

I hope there's no xp farming level this time around. It was so hard to find a team under lvl 50 that wasn't just xp farming in Crush. Was so happy when Ricci and Reyou (Aw what hap to him? :( ) agreed how boring it was and went to VL plothozz map with me so we could at least kill the boss a few times while we leveled (Keeper was too hard back then for us).
Ah good times...good times.

Riccits
01-31-2011, 10:34 AM
I hope there's no xp farming level this time around. It was so hard to find a team under lvl 50 that wasn't just xp farming in Crush. Was so happy when Ricci and Reyou (Aw what hap to him? :( ) agreed how boring it was and went to VL plothozz map with me so we could at least kill the boss a few times while we leveled (Keeper was too hard back then for us).
Ah good times...good times.

yeah! LOL! I remember u said: lets do only desert, its the only boss we can manage ;) LOL! and it was almost true ;) we did several times and slowlyslowly we begun do other bosses... and we always needet good setted team to solve VL... mages was killed in one shot so they had to be very skilled! (where is Titansong??) and tanking was indispensable for bosses and snipers...
i remember we tried to have 1-2 bears, 2 archers and 1-2 mages. now it doesnt care anymore... that iam really missing :-/

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
yeah! LOL! I remember u said: lets do only desert, its the only boss we can manage ;) LOL! and it was almost true ;) we did several times and slowlyslowly we begun do other bosses... and we always needet good setted team to solve VL... mages was killed in one shot so they had to be very skilled! (where is Titansong??) and tanking was indispensable for bosses and snipers...
i remember we tried to have 1-2 bears, 2 archers and 1-2 mages. now it doesnt care anymore... that iam are really missing :-/

Yeah we made our way up VL while everyone else was xp farming hah!
It was fun having to learn and practice each boss before being a skilled boss farmer. Made it that much more worthwhile when you finally mastered it.

recklessfa
01-31-2011, 12:12 PM

Yeah got carried away on the subject. ;o)
Since I don't play with a lot of regularity, I mostly join groups and... it has been incredibly challenging or just a plain lame experience lately that just make me want to log out.
Deleted my post in order to avoid probable conflict with you, Reported, Ellyidol among others on the 'free power leveling service' supposedly 'helping the community', to avoid a long pointless fight on calling powerlvl a form of 'cheating', or if it's ok "to be powerleveled if you already have a lvl50".

Since STS know about this, (they only have to join two or three ao3 map to get a hint about the situation) and it seems to be fine with them... why bother...

I realized that it was only my own problem if i belonged to those who spend weeks, time, plat and efforts to get to 50 and can't adapt to these recent changes.
I'll deal with it. make more friends and play with them.
Maybe I was just being jealous after all... two days to get to 50 and get a decent, if not the best, equipment... awesome guys. Some will end up being good players anyway.
Peace out

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 02:41 PM
i graduated from that generation. i was bad. really bad. i dont res or heal. and i spam one attack. always capped on mana, cause you know, im pro. i bubble after the boss is dead, and spam mana pots even though i mentioned before that im always capped. i use HS gear so i dont have to heal myself. I also use haste pots cause i like to move quicker than the people around me. Exp pots for expertise? i dont know.

i was also a dex mage...i know, what a baddie.

Arterra
01-31-2011, 02:44 PM
i graduated from that generation. i was bad. really bad. i dont res or heal. and i spam one attack. always capped on mana, cause you know, im pro. i bubble after the boss is dead, and spam mana pots even though i mentioned before that im always capped. i use HS gear so i dont have to heal myself. I also use haste pots cause i like to move quicker than the people around me. Exp pots for expertise? i dont know.

i was also a dex mage...i know, what a baddie.

: 0

i went dexmage after seeing the awesomeness of holybeans! dont tell me you too where part of that back then!

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 02:45 PM
who is this Holybeans you speak of? he sounds strong, powerful and fewocious...

Arterra
01-31-2011, 02:48 PM
holybeans was this incredibly smexy dexmage made of win and aoes... actually only played with her 2-4 times, but that is what made me a dexmage from lv30-45 ;)

BeefyMeat
01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Dexmage has gone the way of the intbird which has gone the way of the dodo bird, methinks.

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 02:53 PM
well, holybeans is a guy last i checked.

and yah, hes smexy.

i heard he 2maned all of Ao2 1-6 or 5 dont recall in 17 minutes...as 45s.

BeefyMeat
01-31-2011, 02:55 PM
The movie "Alien vs Predator" was supposed to be "Alien vs Predator vs Holybeans" but it would've only lasted 8 seconds.

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Haha I liked Holy. What happened to him?

StompArtist
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
The movie "Alien vs Predator" was supposed to be "Alien vs Predator vs Holybeans" but it would've only lasted 8 seconds.

At first they wanted to use Chuck Norris but the scenario burst into flames before the first scene :D

Arterra
01-31-2011, 02:57 PM

and yah, hes smexy.

i heard he 2maned all of Ao2 1-6 or 5 dont recall in 17 minutes...as 45s.

O.o
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/2010-news/oh-my-gawd.jpg

anyways yea. ps intbirds are AWESOME. i predict they shall return one day...

BeefyMeat
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Holybeans is currently drilling for oil....with a pogo stick

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
and so shall holybeans....soon. like, tomorrow? or 1.7? i dont know yet.

Fyrce
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
First boss I did runs to in VL was Mynas. I think as a bear about level 48. Might have been level 47. Dropped nice items. Later we added desert if we had a mage or two but we found Plothozz to be harder than Mynas. He could down bears pretty fast. It depended on whether we had mages who could survive to keep the group alive. Mynas was easier to keep managed.

I think we cleared mid when we first started. Was a long time ago though. LOL.

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/snakespeare1/85ade8cc.png

BeefyMeat
01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Holybeans doesn't die, he just took 832 naps.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Wow hat PL shield really is blurry. Needs a makeover!

Arterra
01-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow hat PL shield really is blurry. Needs a makeover!

yea... right now, the community shield looks better lol

Ladylove
Quit saying Holybeans lol. It's Holybean with no "s".

Chickdigcookies
or a polish. you wanna?

BeefyMeat
Not a fan of octagons?

KaotiicxDream
01-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Power levelling sucks unless u have example a dps warrior and make a new one just for fun ... is power levelling not okay still? U can already play ur new char so ...

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Power levelling sucks unless u have example a dps warrior and make a new one just for fun ... is power levelling not okay still? U can already play ur new char so ...

Powerleveling is actually best with an enchantress... Bears are slow

Barbamitsos
01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Well... If you look on the first page of general discussion, you will notice three power leveling threads. This is what I call an Apocalypse. Myna's gens are gonna be sprouting out everywhere. *hides in box*

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=501367051403&id=d791b17b75a4a218a093f8f26f957314&url=http://www.spritestitch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/gameoverthumb.jpg

i screenshot whoever has a ratio 1/200 or 1/1 or 1000/600 and is 50
or lovenus (guhuguhu booster) WIth 1337 kills and 0 deths(guhu guhu now he doesn join cause if he leaves he gets a kill)

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 03:21 PM
i screenshot whoever has a ratio 1/200 or 1/1 or 1000/600 and is 50
or lovenus (guhuguhu booster) WIth 1337 kills and 0 deths(guhu guhu now he doesn join cause if he leaves he gets a kill)

Been curious.. Does Lovenus have any other chars or just the one lvl 12?

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Been curious.. Does Lovenus have any other chars or just the one lvl 12?

go on...

lalalla

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
lol you guys do all realize if a person with 1 post would have posted this, this thread most likely woulda been flamed and not reach over 20 posts? ;)

Hekpoc
01-31-2011, 05:10 PM
lol you guys do all realize if a person with 1 post would have posted this, this thread most likely woulda been flamed and not reach over 20 posts? ;)

We bow to you. ^^

Arterra
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
point being? dont make me make another alt account.

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
point being? dont make me make another alt account.

makeitmakeitmakeitmakeitmakeitmakeitmakeitmakeit!