PDA

View Full Version : This video:)

Chrisaetoshawker
10-04-2014, 10:13 AM
I don't think this is off-topic tho.
You'll know what I mean after watching this.
Enjoy!! :banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U

Madxnoob
10-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Omg...it was free to play? Can I get like a huge refund? Nvm ban them players for life..

Appeltjes
10-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Lol

Chrisaetoshawker
10-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Lol has anyone really finished the whole video n understand what I mean?

Zydrem
10-04-2014, 08:23 PM
No, and we don't really care.

rokksteady
10-04-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure all the whales pvp end game with Samael pets.....haha

rokksteady
10-04-2014, 08:35 PM

speak for urself bruh

SacredKnight
10-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Lol has anyone really finished the whole video n understand what I mean?

Yes.

I totally agree with this video! I have played many games which as I will describe in its terms, "Crossing the moral border". That being said I think AL/STS is really improving, I am not going to lie. There are times where I felt like in AL I couldn't go anywhere without spending some money to gamble on crates. That also being said I have bought plat for pets, vanities and even a few crates themselves ( I got kinda lucky, thank god! ).

But the revelation that the new Mythic Amulet is pure, 100% Elite based (Sure, P2P will have an Advantage but not a big one) I think AL is having a huge turn around! TBH IMO I wouldn't mind purchasing a Guaranteed, permanent Arcane Pet or Arcane weapon, possibly even latest Mythic/Arcane weapon. It's just the fact that right now, you can only gamble on locks and that really isn't something I think should be even in a P2P game which in turn has in game purchases.

Why you ask? Well this really takes away the MMORPG feeling, if I do recall AL was listed as a gambling game in the App store :/ If players want to pay to get the best that's fine! But they shouldn't have to gamble away their money, they should have a guaranteed if not 50% chance at getting the best item. The other 50% is the second best items, not the worst, not some useless Architect helmet worth less then the crate itself, the top 2 grade items (Whether or not these are valued highly in CS (I.E gold) is a different matter, but this variable is purely player decided).

On that note, I want to express another quick thought shared by tens of thousands in this quite brief perspective.

Scorch, the latest in the Guaranteed Mythic Pet section (If you understood what I meant in previous you'll get what I mean here).

The only reason I bought him was because I thought his AA would be very useful, heck! I thought at lvl 41 his AA could withstand at least 2-3 seconds of attacks bombarding me in Elite Tindirin.

How wrong was I....

Scorch needs a buff, his passive bonus is alright but there needs to be large Mana Regen (20) and possibly HP Regen (12). Also, he needs DMG % buff. These days no pet is useful unless a DMG buff is added ( Note: DMG buff was not present in view able stats when he went for sale ), possibly 10% would be the minimum anymore would just be miraculous.

Secondly, his AA. Dragon Scales needs a buff!!!!! HUGE BUFF!!!!!!!!! Maybe just add 3 seconds of invincibility after activated, no more and it would be perfect.
TBH if the AA is edited (Which it must be! I mean Singe got a buff, why not his mythic variant?) then the stats really only need to be tweaked slightly (DMG buff).

THNX for reading! Here's a free virtual banana! :banana:

SacredKnight
10-04-2014, 09:08 PM
^_^

ColdBlahd
10-04-2014, 11:54 PM
No need to be rude.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-05-2014, 12:03 AM
No need to be rude.

No need to reply to him:)

ColdBlahd
10-05-2014, 12:13 AM
No need to reply to him:)
No need to reply to me. He didn't have to make that rude comment on your thread.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-05-2014, 12:47 AM
No need to reply to me. He didn't have to make that rude comment on your thread.

Lol that's fine:) I'm just here to share my opinion (that video)
Hope sts can see this tho^^

ColdBlahd
10-05-2014, 12:56 AM
Lol that's fine:) I'm just here to share my opinion (that video)
Hope sts can see this tho^^
Np.

SacredKnight
10-05-2014, 01:39 AM
lol...

Xeusx
10-05-2014, 01:43 AM
Nabs.

SacredKnight
10-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Nabs.

You nabanana

ColdBlahd
10-05-2014, 02:00 AM
Nabs.
Ikr nab.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-05-2014, 02:32 AM
Stop calling yourself!! >< xD

Xeusx
10-05-2014, 02:38 AM
Stop calling yourself!! >< xD
Nab.

Neutrone
10-05-2014, 06:13 AM
Wow that's so true

Meemaw
10-05-2014, 08:37 PM
I like this! Cute video ! ^ _ ^

Bloodskerr
10-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Yes.

I totally agree with this video! I have played many games which as I will describe in its terms, "Crossing the moral border". That being said I think AL/STS is really improving, I am not going to lie. There are times where I felt like in AL I couldn't go anywhere without spending some money to gamble on crates. That also being said I have bought plat for pets, vanities and even a few crates themselves ( I got kinda lucky, thank god! ).

But the revelation that the new Mythic Amulet is pure, 100% Elite based (Sure, P2P will have an Advantage but not a big one) I think AL is having a huge turn around! TBH IMO I wouldn't mind purchasing a Guaranteed, permanent Arcane Pet or Arcane weapon, possibly even latest Mythic/Arcane weapon. It's just the fact that right now, you can only gamble on locks and that really isn't something I think should be even in a P2P game which in turn has in game purchases.

Why you ask? Well this really takes away the MMORPG feeling, if I do recall AL was listed as a gambling game in the App store :/ If players want to pay to get the best that's fine! But they shouldn't have to gamble away their money, they should have a guaranteed if not 50% chance at getting the best item. The other 50% is the second best items, not the worst, not some useless Architect helmet worth less then the crate itself, the top 2 grade items (Whether or not these are valued highly in CS (I.E gold) is a different matter, but this variable is purely player decided).

This is gonna be a long post but its worth the read.

Extremely great vid and I totally relate to it. Same goes with SacredKnight's comment.. And I will explain how in my two most significant experiences in MMOPRGs.

I started playing MMORPGs over 10 years ago, and in this time I was able to encounter 2 very good games with completely different gaming experiences.

The first was Runescape, which I played for 4 years. It's a huge game made by Jagex, and I still have my account there to this day, with most skills maxed..but many new ones have been released since I stopped playing. It's user friendly, complex, and improving everyday since its release in 2001. Its holds the Guiness World Record as the worlds largest FREE MMORPG and the most updated game. This is important because it clearly shows their way to run things work, and sets an example as how free MMORPGs should be. I stopped playing cause I grew up and it's extremely time consuming.. Being able to only play in PC, I grew apart from it, starting playing mobile and console games.

Runescape has both a F2P world and a P2P. Their P2P works with a membership system... Playing for free you have access to a pretty huge world, which is loads of fun and amusing for a long time. If you choose to subscribe to P2P, you would pay a monthly fee which varied depending on how long it lasted.. I used to pay $89,99 for the 12 month membership, about $7,50 a month... You got access to its entire world with pretty much limitless options of skills, PvP, quests and items. This, along with its constant updates on events, skills, items and quests, makes it the award winning game it is. The economy is unmatched and balanced unlike any other game I have ever played, and there are very few "useless" items like the rares and epics in this game, which are the majority.

Another aspect to it that was so attractive is the balance. As a f2p player, you could only play with other F2p players. P2P items did not work in F2p worlds. You could use them but they gave no stats in the free worlds. This means that f2p players could only pvp in free to play worlds... And p2p players could pvp in both, but if they chose to go to a free world, they would have to use free world items. There were many different types of PvP arenas for wars, ctf, tdm.. And even an area in the open called "wilderness" where anyone could kill anyone and acquire their items.

As a player you could be a warrior, archer or mage.. But you could vary anytime you wanted, training each specific skill and using the corresponding items of that class. You weren't stuck to a single class ever. What defined your build was items and skills trained, allowing you to adapt to any given situation. You could even be a mage with a bow, or an archer with a 2 handed sword. And some of these builds were extremely effective.

In summary, paying for the game allowed you access to areas that could lead you to a completely different experience, a place where you had access to new skills, could acquire gold faster and level faster. But you still had to work for it.. It was just a tad bit easier. There was no way of buying gold, other that Real World Trading, which was bannable and later made harder to do by updates like limiting an ammount of gold you could give a player without anything in return.

The second game is Perfect World. I played for 2 years, also a free and very fun game. But the best players were the ones who spent real money on it. You had to pick your class upon creating you character.. Barbarian, Sacerdote or Archer. The money you spent was converted to items in their store, which you could sell for the gold in game. Spending 500 dollars on the game you could have enough cash to have the best equips in the game, guaranteed.

Levelling was hard and playing 2 years I reached lvl 90... The cap back then was 101, must be higher now. PvP mechanics worked in huge clan wars arena ( one for each of the various areas of the map.. Whoever won, "conquered" that area), or out in the normal world. But to attack or be attacked in the normal world you needed to turn on a PVP status on your character.. You had your time to decide when you were ready for it.

---
To sum it all up these are two amazing games with different P2P mechanics, both of which in my opinion blow AL's out of the water. In one, you become part of a membership with access to a gaming experience that could last for years. On the other, cash was king... But you got what you paid for, and there was only so much advantage a paying player could have compared to another paying player - that was decided by skill.

Here, you may pay hundreds of dollars with little or no guarantee at getting good items, and if you're not smart as how to convert plat into gold, you may have to spend $5,293 buying gold directly from store just to have an arcane ring.

Thats messed up.

Of course it's not my point to compare the gaming experiences in these games, there are many variables that come into play, such as platform (especially platform), profit goals, technology and time on the market. But theres definetly something STS can do about its P2P mechanics, because gambling with people's money is hardly the best thing to do if the game is to last as long as it can.

ChillyPepper
10-06-2014, 05:14 PM

Extremely great vid and I totally relate to it. Same goes with SacredKnight's comment.. And I will explain how in my two most significant experiences in MMOPRGs.

I started playing MMORPGs over 10 years ago, and in this time I was able to encounter 2 very good games with completely different gaming experiences.

The first was Runescape, which I played for 4 years. It's a huge game made by Jagex, and I still have my account there to this day, with most skills maxed..but many new ones have been released since I stopped playing. It's user friendly, complex, and improving everyday since its release in 2001. Its holds the Guiness World Record as the worlds largest FREE MMORPG and the most updated game. This is important because it clearly shows their way to run things work, and sets an example as how free MMORPGs should be. I stopped playing cause I grew up and it's extremely time consuming.. Being able to only play in PC, I grew apart from it, starting playing mobile and console games.

Runescape has both a F2P world and a P2P. Their P2P works with a membership system... Playing for free you have access to a pretty huge world, which is loads of fun and amusing for a long time. If you choose to subscribe to P2P, you would pay a monthly fee which varied depending on how long it lasted.. I used to pay $89,99 for the 12 month membership, about $7,50 a month... You got access to its entire world with pretty much limitless options of skills, PvP, quests and items. This, along with its constant updates on events, skills, items and quests, makes it the award winning game it is. The economy is unmatched and balanced unlike any other game I have ever played, and there are very few "useless" items like the rares and epics in this game, which are the majority.

Another aspect to it that was so attractive is the balance. As a f2p player, you could only play with other F2p players. P2P items did not work in F2p worlds. You could use them but they gave no stats in the free worlds. This means that f2p players could only pvp in free to play worlds... And p2p players could pvp in both, but if they chose to go to a free world, they would have to use free world items. There were many different types of PvP arenas for wars, ctf, tdm.. And even an area in the open called "wilderness" where anyone could kill anyone and acquire their items.

As a player you could be a warrior, archer or mage.. But you could vary anytime you wanted, training each specific skill and using the corresponding items of that class. You weren't stuck to a single class ever. What defined your build was items and skills trained, allowing you to adapt to any given situation. You could even be a mage with a bow, or an archer with a 2 handed sword. And some of these builds were extremely effective.

In summary, paying for the game allowed you access to areas that could lead you to a completely different experience, a place where you had access to new skills, could acquire gold faster and level faster. But you still had to work for it.. It was just a tad bit easier. There was no way of buying gold, other that Real World Trading, which was bannable and later made harder to do by updates like limiting an ammount of gold you could give a player without anything in return.

The second game is Perfect World. I played for 2 years, also a free and very fun game. But the best players were the ones who spent real money on it. You had to pick your class upon creating you character.. Barbarian, Sacerdote or Archer. The money you spent was converted to items in their store, which you could sell for the gold in game. Spending 500 dollars on the game you could have enough cash to have the best equips in the game, guaranteed.

Levelling was hard and playing 2 years I reached lvl 90... The cap back then was 101, must be higher now. PvP mechanics worked in huge clan wars arena ( one for each of the various areas of the map.. Whoever won, "conquered" that area), or out in the normal world. But to attack or be attacked in the normal world you needed to turn on a PVP status on your character.. You had your time to decide when you were ready for it.

---
To sum it all up these are two amazing games with different P2P mechanics, both of which in my opinion blow AL's out of the water. In one, you become part of a membership with access to a gaming experience that could last for years. On the other, cash was king... But you got what you paid for, and there was only so much advantage a paying player could have compared to another paying player - that was decided by skill.

Here, you may pay hundreds of dollars with little or no guarantee at getting good items, and if you're not smart as how to convert plat into gold, you may have to spend $5,293 buying gold directly from store just to have an arcane ring.

Thats messed up.

Of course it's not my point to compare the gaming experiences in these games, there are many variables that come into play, such as platform (especially platform), profit goals, technology and time on the market. But theres definetly something STS can do about its P2P mechanics, because gambling with people's money is hardly the best thing to do if the game is to last as long as it can.
👏 bravo, sir, bravo...👏

Bloodskerr
10-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Yup, it is rather absurd when you think of it.

obee
10-08-2014, 09:32 PM
I think the fact is, companies don't want to lose money, because they want to compete with other mmorpgs. Think about it. If you were JustG, CEO of STS, you would want to make more money, so you can pay employees, hire devs, ect

Bloodskerr
10-08-2014, 09:43 PM
I think the fact is, companies don't want to lose money, because they want to compete with other mmorpgs. Think about it. If you were JustG, CEO of STS, you would want to make more money, so you can pay employees, hire devs, ect

I agree.

But where does abusing of players money come in to that? Because both of the examples I gave are of extremely successful companies that pay their employees. Oo

obee
10-08-2014, 09:46 PM
I agree.

But where does abusing of players money come in to that? Because both of the examples I gave are of extremely successful companies that pay their employees. Oo
Remember that companies will always try to grab more money. They always have the same excuse (this isn't STS), if we lowered this price, we would lose X%. And it's not abusing really, because they never force you to pay. Addiction isn't the company's fault. But I see where you are coming from, some people get cheated.

Bloodskerr
10-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Remember that companies will always try to grab more money. They always have the same excuse (this isn't STS), if we lowered this price, we would lose X%. And it's not abusing really, because they never force you to pay. Addiction isn't the company's fault. But I see where you are coming from, some people get cheated.

Yeah bro :/.. I think the vid is awesome because it explains how the balance between F2p and P2P are getting totally twisted in games that advertise themselves as "free", but actually made for the amusement of those willing to spend hundreds in order to have advantage over those who don't.. and if the cash you spend is actually rational and proportional to the advantage you gain.. Which in AL, it's not.

Only thing I don't agree with ya is the addiction part. It IS their fault.. In fact everything they do aims to get people more and more addicted to the game and spend, sometimes, mindlessly.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-09-2014, 10:06 AM
*free advertisement*
Extra credit has lots of cute n well explained videos, go n check it out!!
I actually found this channel becuz of this...
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177955-The-Spacetime-Rundown-9-24-2014
To the bottom

Cool1t
10-09-2014, 02:30 PM
I didn't finish the video but I get the point and it is pretty correct

Conquered
10-11-2014, 06:56 AM

---

Thats messed up.

RS for me is the longest game i played. i am playing it until now, I compared RS and SL(and other Legends). RS starts to improved after 4/5/6/ years and so on and things go faster and faster(i think they started 1996?? not sure im a 2007 player lol) and then it updates every 1 -2 week(s) starting from 2006 until now(huge update every month), so i expect things in STS can improve further more just like RS. It did gave me a hope for PL SL DL. I wish they have more $$$ to update these "must be popular games" and improve them.