PDA

View Full Version : movement pad!

Kurtbowers21
10-04-2014, 10:47 AM
My movement pad sticks to one direction and keeps moving me in that direction for as long as 30secs! Seen lots of people have the same problem...last thing! My movement pad jumps all over the place and makes me stop moving.

Andrisber
10-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Same here. What device are ya using?

Schnitzel
10-04-2014, 03:49 PM
this happens to me too,

what I do is click menu > inventory

then exit

should fix.

Serancha
10-05-2014, 05:01 AM
This has just started recently for me. Notice it mostly on warrior with skyward smash. Happens when in a corner or when an alert comes up on the screen, like the leveling announcement or some such.

Ipad mini ios 7.1.2

Hail
10-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Used to happen on my Iphone 4s. What Ruizhe said worked for me also.

Soundlesskill
10-05-2014, 10:18 AM
It happens frequently on my Iphone 4S with iOS 8

Vikkstarhd/iepeazebas
10-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Happens to me on all devices, quickest way to fix is to press chat
Devices :Samsung Galaxy s4 mini android 4.4.2
:iPad mini with rd ios 7.1.2

Pivot
10-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Happens on my iPad Air and iPhone 6 :/

Nesox
10-05-2014, 05:04 PM
Happens on my old Samsung Tab 2 running Android 4.2 as well.

Zeus
10-05-2014, 06:40 PM
It happens very often on my iPhone 6 plus..almost to the point where I cannot be playing on the phone.

raw
10-06-2014, 09:38 AM
This happens to be every 15/20 minutes. It has spoiled a few timed runs, as well at pvp clashes for me.

Getting really frustrated...

I'm using an Ipad3, and Iphone5s (both with ios8)

Itoopeo
10-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Thats Apple problem. Nothing in android/pc like that.

Ubernewber
10-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Thats Apple problem. Nothing in android/pc like that.

Wrong, Vikstar and Nesox stated above that they had a problem with an android device :D

spasmatic
10-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Same problem here. Ipad 3.
Elite Tindrin run and my mage lost his will to live and took off running into two large mobs. The first mob didn't touch him as they seemed surprised by this obviously insane little blue guy running into the middle of them un-shielded. Wasn't so lucky with the second mob as a chief felt pity and put an arrow through his head.

Zylx
10-06-2014, 11:48 PM
I have an android and it's always happened for me since before i can remember (i joined in early April 2013).

It normally happens when i hit a lag spike. The ping drastically raises for a sec and when i catch up to it, my joystick gets stuck in the direction i was holding it in prior to the spike. The same thing goes for my attacks or skills that i charge when i lag (although they get fixed when i re-press the skill/attack button).

This is definately a client problem, and not a device problem, as the device's touch screen does not actually freeze (otherwise, it wouldnt be fixed by entering a new ui). Im sure the game's ui just basically freezes when you lose your connection for that instant that your device tries to find a better signal.

A fix for this would also probably fix that rogue shadow veil glitch.

Itoopeo
10-06-2014, 11:58 PM
I have an android and it's always happened for me since before i can remember (i joined in early April 2013).

It normally happens when i hit a lag spike. The ping drastically raises for a sec and when i catch up to it, my joystick gets stuck in the direction i was holding it in prior to the spike. The same thing goes for my attacks or skills that i charge when i lag (although they get fixed when i re-press the skill/attack button).

This is definately a client problem, and not a device problem, as the device's touch screen does not actually freeze (otherwise, it wouldnt be fixed by entering a new ui). Im sure the game's ui just basically freezes when you lose your connection for that instant that your device tries to find a better signal.

A fix for this would also probably fix that rogue shadow veil glitch.

I have had android and ipad and now pc and never had that bug except on ipad.

Embarrassment
10-07-2014, 08:47 AM
This problem also appears on iPads and it's very annoying especially when you're in a vs with someone. A fix would be great.

Remiem
10-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Hey guys. I have QA looking at this, but any other details you have would be great. We're having a hard time reliably reproducing the bug. Does anyone have any other clues as to what contributes to this?

Itoopeo
10-07-2014, 02:23 PM
In SL the joystick used to get stuck in right corner of the area. It could still be moved to up and down and to middle but not to the left side of joystick. It was like cut in half, and the joystick was centered to the right corner. It happened after a lot usage to different directions. It didnt happen often to me, because I really controlled my character by keeping the joystick pointing forwards and the turning the camera.
You cant rotate the camera in AL so you need to use the joystick more than in SL. I think this guy who had the problem, plays a lot League of Legends and thats why he is used to dancing back and forth a lot in combat and that causes it.
This happens suddenly when you let go from the joystick and then touch it instantly again after long preriod of heavy usage.
I used to fix this by logging out and in again but apparently it fixes more easily by opening inventory or map and then closing it.

Schnitzel
10-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Hey guys. I have QA looking at this, but any other details you have would be great. We're having a hard time reliably reproducing the bug. Does anyone have any other clues as to what contributes to this?

Sometimes when i try to take a screenshot on my samsung GS3 (my phone screenshots when i put my hand on the screen and swipe across)
the joystick starts moving in a random direction and won't stop moving until i go to inventory and then exit inventory

aquascaper
10-07-2014, 07:13 PM
this happens to me too,

what I do is click menu > inventory

then exit

should fix.

This

Soundlesskill
10-08-2014, 11:49 AM

Try using 3 fingers!
Often in elite runs you run, pot and press skills so fast it sometimes seems like you're pressing three buttons. That's when I get stuck :).