PDA

View Full Version : What armor/weapon for elite?

GhraakWarrior
10-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm having some trouble with elite so I'm just wondering what i should go with?
Helm- upgraded ullers
Plate-upgraded ullers
Ring- elo grove of fitness
Necklace- sacred elo
Weapon- don't know if i should go with goblin claive, magma of assault or magma of will.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Newcomx
10-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Magma will... pavise and then bulwark if you have more gold

GhraakWarrior
10-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Pavise or magma of will better?

Newcomx
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
IMO, Pavise definitely better but magma will is enough if you already use upgraded mythic and a lot cheaper also, you can buy it below 50k gold. Pavise price i think around 1.2 Mil Gold.

Xorrior
10-07-2014, 04:12 AM
I'm having some trouble with elite so I'm just wondering what i should go with?
Helm- upgraded ullers
Plate-upgraded ullers
Ring- elo grove of fitness
Necklace- sacred elo
Weapon- don't know if i should go with goblin claive, magma of assault or magma of will.
Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you seriously want to tank in elites, everything supergemmed! Blood or Elond. I was told STR is just a number, not really it helps a lot. I have low STR and hit like a lame duck on a wet afternoon, wearing boots, and I aggro like a penguin!

Obviously anything supergemmed is very expensive. A lot of tanks rate the proc rate of the pavise, but I am very cautious as I had bought Slag on his panic rate and Ripmaw 3% damage reduction and high stuns, based on a lot of feedback on this forum. Turned out both are horrible for tanking, looks like I got trolled with bad 'advices'.

Don't forget your pet plays a very important role in helping you tank. Lil Bear and Prance, leave them out at your peril.

GhraakWarrior
10-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Thank you very much for the advice. I am using Magmatic claymore of will, but pavise is tempting, though I'm not sure the stun would be worth it, and damage is far below magmatic. for pets i use ribbit, little bear, dova and prance.
I find super gemming very hard >.> Out of 75 blood gems the only thing i got a super gem on was my elo ring. I can't seem to get my ullers super gemmed.

Now my problem is the skills. I use skyward smash, spin, jugg and horn of renew. But I'm not sure what i should actually go with?

Jugg, rally cry, or vengeful blood (i think that's wat its called)

Also if this might help, my hp is about 6.4k and armor 2k. I still have problems tho on elite, even on Nordr (call me noob w/e lol) but i can't seem to "tank" on anything Nordr and above.

SacredKnight
10-08-2014, 03:57 PM
I was using Pavise but it just isn't practical anymore, the stun is actually very good. It tends to vary at times as most weapon procs do but on average, well, more or less normally it will stun quite a few times in your elite run stunning all enemies attacking you and doing about 50% of a normal attack DMG.

You can find cheaper Pavise all around, TBH their not worth 1.2 mil as they are in CS. A perfect one is worth about 1.4-15mil, a standard one is selling at around 900k-1mil. The area in between are for those semi perfect but if they are gemmed with perfect Elon or Tarlok it's a different price range.

Newcomx
10-08-2014, 09:23 PM
For skill the must have is VB and HOR... passives armor, might... the rest depend on your playstyle..

My Build (PVE)
Skills:
Chest... 3/5 (No decimation & relentless)
Skyward... 4/5 (No effortless)
Axe... 4/5 (No Concussion)
Venge... 5/5
Horn... 5/5
Rally... 4/5 (No song)

Passives
Durable, Might, Agility 5/5

Skill set for mobs: CS, Skyward, VB, HOR
Skill set for boss: CS, Axe, VB, HOR

Only using RC if solo run in normal map, replacing HOR

Xorrior
10-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Thank you very much for the advice. I am using Magmatic claymore of will, but pavise is tempting, though I'm not sure the stun would be worth it, and damage is far below magmatic. for pets i use ribbit, little bear, dova and prance.
I find super gemming very hard >.> Out of 75 blood gems the only thing i got a super gem on was my elo ring. I can't seem to get my ullers super gemmed.

Now my problem is the skills. I use skyward smash, spin, jugg and horn of renew. But I'm not sure what i should actually go with?

Jugg, rally cry, or vengeful blood (i think that's wat its called)

Also if this might help, my hp is about 6.4k and armor 2k. I still have problems tho on elite, even on Nordr (call me noob w/e lol) but i can't seem to "tank" on anything Nordr and above.

I can see where you're struggling, there are a few pints to consider :-

1. If your health is just 6.4 then your armour should be 2.4. If your armour is just 2k your health should be a lot higher.

2. Super gems! You need them if you're gonna tank in elite.

4. Experienced elite running mages are a boon for a tank. If they know how to crowd control, believe me it makes your job so much easier.

3. Rally Cry is a waste don't even touch it! Axe is solid on bosses but not a necessity. If you're struggling tanking, use those points on other things. What good is an axe when you can't even get to the boss ?

4. Chest Splitter is better than Skyward Smash, it drains more mana, depends on your playing style. I tried CS but it doesn't conform with my play style, so I don't use it.

5. Anyone who calls you a noob is an idiot, it's a learning process. We all have to learn! Maybe you're struggling simply coz your not with an adequate group of squishes. The party I love doing elites with is 2 mages and 1 rogue. I keep the mobs attention, mages control the crowd and blast away. Rogue picks out the dangerous element of the mob and snipes away like Shamans and Kommodos etc..

6. Also are you well versed in parking techniques? They help a lot too. I still gotta figure out the running points in magma corridor and Rockhorn summit, but that's down to old age LOL

7. Use Ribbit if your party has high DPS.

8. Jugg is solid, if used in conjunction with VB you have an awesome health boost and whatever other delicacies that fly your way.

9. Success in elites all depends on your party working as a team. You see a mage or rogue running and pulling humongous mobs or two, just leave! I did Tindirin wild elites with some pugs and this mage equipped with Deary -_- shot off after the first mob was defeated and pulled three mobs in my direction and stood back firing blanks! I left him to it :)

10. Lemme go take my medication and I'll remember this point XD
*several hours later* I REMEMBERED........SPAM POTIONS!!!!!! Also spam HoR :)

You need to have one eye on the energy bar too, in a big mob, as soon as your Health hits 50% spam it back to 100% and tank, repeat and rinse. On average I use anything from 200-250 health potions per Tindirin elite map.

GhraakWarrior
10-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Wow! A lot of good info. Thank you all for the tips and advice! I'm learning "parking", very helpful, again thank you all. With your help I'm going to see if i can tank a little better. Happy Halloween all!

Newcomx
10-09-2014, 09:04 PM
You can choose between Jugg or RC for alternative skill, but for solo run I choose RC, because the movement speed buff can make warr charge skill and hit faster also. If you not take both skills, put it on passives. I already take Jugg, but not using it too often because not skill slot left, we cannot switch skill anymore, and the cooldown to long.

CS drain mana, but you can gain mana with VB when mobs hits you (most effective when a lot of mobs hits you & HOR 2s shield off) & Skyward gives you area attack when charged & defense (stun).

radagan
10-09-2014, 11:40 PM
If u want pure tank..no mythic gear..yse ancient potency/will

Jirikjurasek
10-10-2014, 02:42 AM
Skill set for mobs: CS, Skyward, VB, HOR

Its PvP build which really don´t match with tanking purpose.

1. If your health is just 6.4 then your armour should be 2.4. If your armour is just 2k your health should be a lot higher.
I tank with 6,5k HP and 2,1k armor and run deathless elites.

2. Super gems! You need them if you're gonna tank in elite.
You really doesn´t need super gems

3. Rally Cry is a waste don't even touch it! Axe is solid on bosses but not a necessity. If you're struggling tanking, use those points on other things. What good is an axe when you can't even get to the boss ?
Axe is great for aggro Arachna when you need to get it out of coconed player. However, axe in Jagged Trail boss fight is suicide skill. Always think about advantages and disadvantages of skills and about their oportunity where use and not to use.

4. Chest Splitter is better than Skyward Smash, it drains more mana, depends on your playing style. I tried CS but it doesn't conform with my play style, so I don't use it.
If you care about how many pots spend in elite, you never fullfill the role of tank.

9. Success in elites all depends on your party working as a team.
Thats right :-)

10...Also spam HoR :)
Never "spam" HoR, its life saver and AoE taunt in one with 15s CD, so use it in right moments. When you keep aggro on all mobs, wait for the moment, when mobs start attack on your ally and then cover allies. Right timing of WM-HoR helps you for keep aggro better. I often wait with HoR for end of mages timeshift - thats time, when mobs are free for movement and mage runing into middle of rage mobs.

CS, WM, JUGG, HoR is 4 taunt build which is good for tanks who starts running elites and after that for big pulls runs

@ Thread title:
Weapon: Magma claymore of will - for mobs; Conqueror´s Wall of Potency/Assault - for bosses (stun proc is awesome)
Helm: Upgraded mythic/Ancient druid of will
Armor: Ancient druid of will
Ring: Elondrian
Amulet: Elondrian