PDA

View Full Version : let's talk about class balance²

Arkh
10-05-2014, 09:43 AM
i have seen this in the closed "let's talk about class balance" :

Ideal Balance

If Arcane Legends had only one class it would take 100% of kills and 100% of deaths. If arcane legends had only two classes and they were exactly equal except in name, each class would take 50% of kills and 50% of deaths. Arcane Legends has three classes. If the three classes were exactly equal except in name, each class would take 33.33% of kills and 33.33% of deaths.

Thankfully, the three classes are not equal since that would be boring and pointless. Each class has a strength which it (supposedly) pays for by its weakness.

IMHO, this is what class balance should look like with three classes:

Ideal Class Balance
Kills Percent Deaths Percent
Rogue Highest 38.33% Highest 38.33%
Sorcerer Average 33.33% Average 33.33%
Warrior Lowest 28.33% Lowest 28.33%

Class KDR should ALWAYS be 1:1.
Equivalent exchange occurs:
Rogues pay for 5% more kills with 5% more deaths
Sorcerers stay average
Warriors pay for 5% fewer deaths with 5% fewer kills

No more than 10% variance between highest and lowest total number of kills and deaths. Too much variance means PvP becomes boring, unnatural, and prone to excessive dramazzzzz.
A better than average KDR actually means something!
Individual players are more challenged. They must now use skill, superior gear, better team coordination, etc, rather than rely on inequity.

I wonder how a mage with 1100 armor & no dodge is supposed to have less deaths than a 1500 armor rogue who have same hp's & 40% dodge...

fiftyonecents
10-06-2014, 02:02 AM
hmmmm interesting. you make a valid point.

perhaps the mages skills combined allow the mage class to avoid enough percentage of a rogues dmg for they have more successive attack rate over both class's '' rogue , warrior.

a mage can fire off a barrage of attacks before the rogue sets up if caught off guard, pro rogues can get off a nice 3 hit combo while the mage has 3 skills with very little cool down which allows successive attacks not to mention the shield if equipped.

this thread will require more input from others. to be honest I am not top notch on arcane class knowledge.

I just put down my opinion atm so in the mean time let me know what you think.

nice thread.

Caabatric
10-06-2014, 06:30 PM
by using our trusty shield