PDA

View Full Version : STS Community Intelligence

Itoopeo
10-05-2014, 01:46 PM
https://www.mensa.org/workout

Have anyone done the IQ test? Test takes about 15min to do.
My score was 130 which is higher than 97.7% of people (I dont believe it myslef! xD)

synfullmagic_23110
10-05-2014, 01:56 PM
https://www.mensa.org/workout

Have anyone done the IQ test? Test takes about 15min to do.
My score was 130 which is higher than 97.7% of people (I dont believe it myslef! xD)

:( crai ER tymhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/05/649d1f2c999d908a7f58edd795358b18.jpg

Itoopeo
10-05-2014, 02:16 PM
:( crai ER tymhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/05/649d1f2c999d908a7f58edd795358b18.jpg

You need to do the non mathematic test to get the real results. It shows you random squares and stars and circles and sticks and you need to figure out which is missing in the last picture. And it gives 6 options to choose from

dudetus
10-05-2014, 06:09 PM
These online tests tell nothing. Only valid IQ test is the application examination test for mensa.

Itoopeo
10-06-2014, 01:55 AM
These online tests tell nothing. Only valid IQ test is the application examination test for mensa.

What is your result?
http://www.mensa.fi/wordpress/?page_id=27

This test gives an illustrative result, its not totally correct and does not qualify you for mensa, and its not totally wrong either.

Zylx
10-06-2014, 11:14 PM
I cant find the non-mathematics version of the test, but in the one that was in your link, i scored 96% but that was only because i missed the 'Insatiable' one.

And i cant read the language in your second link.

dudetus
10-09-2014, 06:17 PM
What is your result?
http://www.mensa.fi/wordpress/?page_id=27

This test gives an illustrative result, its not totally correct and does not qualify you for mensa, and its not totally wrong either.

Did it last night after I got home from bar and wasn't yet tired and had 2 beers left. So, according to the test when I'm drunk at 2.40 AM I'm smarter than 95.2% of ppl. Legit.

Suentous PO
10-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Michael Faraday, john Skoyles, jack Horner, Da Vinci, and others all, like me, are dyslexic.

KingFu
10-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Michael Faraday, john Skoyles, jack Horner, Da Vinci, and others all, like me, are dyslexic.

But Edison was a dum meanie jerk face.

Suentous PO
10-09-2014, 08:15 PM
But Edison was a dum meanie jerk face.

Truth! Besides electrocuting elephants he plaYed no small part in the unraveling of Teslas mind.

Trenton
10-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Tesla is the mastermind of the world

Itoopeo
10-10-2014, 01:11 PM
I cant find the non-mathematics version of the test, but in the one that was in your link, i scored 96% but that was only because i missed the 'Insatiable' one.

And i cant read the language in your second link.

Basically, press the blue highlighted button in the middle of screen, Then check the first box (your age) and press the Blue link which starts the test.
You want to find which one belongs in the empty box, and click it

Itoopeo
10-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Did it last night after I got home from bar and wasn't yet tired and had 2 beers left. So, according to the test when I'm drunk at 2.40 AM I'm smarter than 95.2% of ppl. Legit.

Then you were not drunk. Drinking two beers does not have effect in IQ results really.

Trenton
10-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Then you were not drunk. Drinking two beers does not have effect in IQ results really.
2 beers left* Mtl he had a 12 pack unless they don't sell beer like that in Europe

Itoopeo
10-10-2014, 01:39 PM
2 beers left* Mtl he had a 12 pack unless they don't sell beer like that in Europe

And still, this tests the intelligence you get when you born. You cant learn it better, so you cant really lose it, even with alcolhol.

And the funny thing here is that dudetus is 16 years old and bars let in only 18+ people in. He did it at 02:40 but its not much more than mine, I did it around 23:30 or 00:00

Trenton
10-10-2014, 03:17 PM
And still, this tests the intelligence you get when you born. You cant learn it better, so you cant really lose it, even with alcolhol.

And the funny thing here is that dudetus is 16 years old and bars let in only 18+ people in. He did it at 02:40 but its not much more than mine, I did it around 23:30 or 00:00
Ya dudetus is not 16

Itoopeo
10-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Ya dudetus is not 16

Ok 17 :-) Max 18 he cant be older than me, really.

dudetus
10-10-2014, 04:06 PM

Uhh started drinking with my buds at around 4pm, went to a bar around 9pm and went into nightclub at around middlenight. I had a 12 pack. + the vodka shots and beers at pub and nightclub. Only reason why I left so early I had some lectures quite early.

I'm 20, turning 21 next November. U are right, 2 beers don't affect it but around 15 beers + some shots do affect.

Itoopeo
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Uhh started drinking with my buds at around 4pm, went to a bar around 9pm and went into nightclub at around middlenight. I had a 12 pack. + the vodka shots and beers at pub and nightclub. Only reason why I left so early I had some lectures quite early.

I'm 20, turning 21 next November. U are right, 2 beers don't affect it but around 15 beers + some shots do affect.

1. You drank that load in 10 hours so most of the alcohol already disappeared in that time (16:00-02:00)

2. Exactly when in november you turn 21? I will be 18 in 30th of November

CrimsonTider
10-10-2014, 04:36 PM
If you believe this is a valid, reliable test of one's IQ, then you have obviously never seen, nor participated in a true battery. A research-based, valid IQ battery examines a multitude of cognitive and emotional areas and are examined by well trained professionals, usually psychologists. These tests are very extensive and time consuming. As a special education teacher, I have seen these exams and how extensive they are. A short online version is not going to come close to accurately predicting "intelligence."

And to piggy back on Dudetus' point, the use of alcohol will most certainly effect cognitive ability and how questions are analyzed. There is plenty of clinical research out there which disproves the validity, and reliability, of these online IQ tests. They are fun to take, but to place any significance on the results is not being honest.

Itoopeo
10-10-2014, 04:51 PM
If you believe this is a valid, reliable test of one's IQ, then you have obviously never seen, nor participated in a true battery. A research-based, valid IQ battery examines a multitude of cognitive and emotional areas and are examined by well trained professionals, usually psychologists. These tests are very extensive and time consuming. As a special education teacher, I have seen these exams and how extensive they are. A short online version is not going to come close to accurately predicting "intelligence."

And to piggy back on Dudetus' point, the use of alcohol will most certainly effect cognitive ability and how questions are analyzed. There is plenty of clinical research out there which disproves the validity, and reliability, of these online IQ tests. They are fun to take, but to place any significance on the results is not being honest.

Where can I find the most accurate free test on internet? Or how can I participate in a real test?

CrimsonTider
10-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Where can I find the most accurate free test on internet? Or how can I participate in a real test?

Referring to what I said, there is no valid/reliable online test. Speaking as an educator, there is certain criteria we look for to have our psychologists test a student. I would imagine for a child to be tested, the parents would have to pay for a psychologist and I would say it is not cheap.

I have never understood the fascination with knowing what your IQ is. It can be either enabling, or disabling, based on the results. IQ doesn't measure potential, work ethic, or other intangibles which are much more conducive to success than just relying on intellegence.

Thefireofic
10-11-2014, 09:52 PM
*claps for the speech

Zeus
10-12-2014, 05:42 PM

No, what's legit is Finnman is smarter than you according to that online IQ test. :rolleyes:

Electrophiles
10-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Referring to what I said, there is no valid/reliable online test. Speaking as an educator, there is certain criteria we look for to have our psychologists test a student. I would imagine for a child to be tested, the parents would have to pay for a psychologist and I would say it is not cheap.

I have never understood the fascination with knowing what your IQ is. It can be either enabling, or disabling, based on the results. IQ doesn't measure potential, work ethic, or other intangibles which are much more conducive to success than just relying on intellegence.

It's probably related to insecurity. For some, constant profile-pic-changing on Facebook correlates to insecurity in the form of appearance. To others, figuring out one's IQ demonstrates insecurity of one's own intelligence and mental ability.
Nevertheless, IQ tests are severely overemphasized. Association does not imply causation. Furthermore, Mensa is probably one of the more "elitist" groups around; it's essentially a hierarchy of intelligence. The actually "smart" members of society are those who spend times in research labs or factories...not the ones constantly poring over a artificially created test of intellect. Contribution to society demonstrates ingenuity in application of intelligence, whereas affirmation of oneself renders one's mental ability, however skilled or not, completely nonexistent.

Trenton
10-12-2014, 11:04 PM
No, what's legit is Finnman is smarter than you according to that online IQ test. :rolleyes:
Yes, 5 more IQ (points, numbers, whatever) while Finnman is sober and dudetus is hammered. Legit.

dudetus
10-13-2014, 08:00 AM
No, what's legit is Finnman is smarter than you according to that online IQ to test. :rolleyes:

Indeed, I think I must bow before his superior intelligence which he often displays on these forums

Cavoc
10-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Mah IQ wuz 1 duz dat mean Im numba 1 smaRtest II think so gF iq test