PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Give Planar Arena more incentives to run.

Reunegade
10-05-2014, 03:25 PM
I've run Planar Arena a bunch of times, and I have to say it is really fun. It's a combination of teamwork, strategy, and quick-thinking. However, I think it is super costly to play it. It requires you to use about 20 platinum/60k gold to play, and you don't get much good loot. Here are some ways I think will make Planar Arena better:

1. Make the armor and helmets drop from bosses.
How about on the final 4th boss you have a chance of receiving a Planar item with the same drop rate as magmatic gear? It takes roughly about the same time as a good elite wilds run, and it costs a lot more. Also drop an arena master chest.

2. Make something similar to the "Hauntlet" token, like the "Planar" token.
If you complete a run within 12 minutes, you should receive 2 Planar tokens. These tokens can be used to purchase potions (25 potions for 2 tokens), Ankhs (3 Ankhs for 3 tokens), kits (1 kit for 10 tokens), Rendtail recipe known (1 recipe for 10 tokens), Arena master chest (1 chest for 25 tokens), Planar helmet of potency/assault/brutality (1 piece for 125 tokens), Planar armor of potency/assault/brutality (1 piece for 150 tokens), Dragonite bar (1 piece for 225 tokens).

3. Make achievements for Planar arena.
If you complete a run within 10 minutes, you get the "Planar Chief" title. Within 8 minutes, and you get the "Arena Ace" title. If you complete 25 Arena runs, you get 100k gold from the achievements and the title "Planar Slayer." If you complete 250 Arena runs, you get 1M gold from the achievements and the title "Arena Master."

I think these are good ideas that could be implemented, as less wealthy players may not get the luxury to do non-stop arena runs.

SacredKnight
10-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Seems interesting, however not everyone can complete a run within 12 minutes repeatedly (Actually a lot of people won't, especially the ones who don't even have a Mythic Amulet o.o) and thus they won't be able to get the tokens. The first and last parts seems good though!

fiftyonecents
10-06-2014, 01:38 AM
last I heard , not many use the mythic amulets anymore cause the new lvl 41 amulets are superior to mythics now as well as the archon ring.

just saying.

also this planar is a plat sink and so it will remain. don't bother trying to adjust it ( in a fair way ) ...lol

you talking to brick walls more than likely.

nice thread
+1