PDA

View Full Version : How to Own PvP as a Warrior

Alhuntrazeck
10-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Hello Warrior community of AL! This is your lucky day as I, Alhunt, a mage, will teach you how to rock PvP.

Disclaimer: This thread is a satire on the warrior class, not meant to offend anyone or anything but is instead my way of campaigning for a fix of this OP weapon.

First you gotta understand your role in the game. STS obviously means for you to be a class that deals damage not as much as rogues and mages but deal it anyway and not be just a damage absorbing class. To fulfill that role, STS gave you guys the glaive, maul and now the buffed bulwark. With these, you have the best HP in the game, best armor and decent damage.

So how DO you win PvP? Simple. Spam crates until you loot a bulwark. This little brainchild of STS lets you have huge amounts of HP and armor as well as damage that equals a mage without mythic gun. Now you got to get a good build:

Ax, Jugg, VB, HoR.

Run around CTF & TDM hunting for these little blue frogs that STS meant to be called "pets" but somehow or the other got turned into a class. Then, VB, ax them in and charge weapon. This bit is crucial because a charged bulwark has a 100% chance to cast a skill the aforementioned pets have an ability to cast - CURSE. These froglike creatures wield these skills with great precision to cause great pain...in clashes. If they drop this on you, you laugh (irl or ig depending on your disposition) and attack like no tomorrow - this is because this skill has little to no impact on you. HOWEVER.

Your bulwark's curse lasts about 5 seconds and has a CD that is as long as your weapon charging time. The frogs' curse has a 15s cd and lasts 10s. 5s->0s, 10s->15s. Gotta love STS, no?

So what you do is, ax the mages in when they run, and charge bulwark. Jugg when you feel like it, heal when you're low HP. It won't matter really. Your curse handicaps them, which is good, yeah?

If you see rogues, do the same. They can't use nox which means they fight you with 3 skills - and you get to use 5. Good, no?

That's it, follow this guide and you will be the strongest class in AL. Don't forget to thank me and above all STS for giving you this wonderful buff!!

Commanderkeen
10-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Excellent tip and so simple to execute!

Arachnophobik
10-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Your sig made me read this post twice

Visiting
10-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Possibly the most in depth and comprehensive guide I've ever seen, you sir truly understand the inner workings of PVP in this day in age. I would thank this over and over if said action were possible, 5 stars!

Bloodskerr
10-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Well that pretty much sums it up.

aarrgggggg
10-06-2014, 12:37 AM
I play both classes mage and warrior
I have been on both ends of the bulwark and i agree
Original post is correct on this.......

That 100% proc chance def upsets whatever small amount of balance that was left.

Serillia
10-06-2014, 02:16 AM
So true.
So Simple.

#Alhunt4GuideMaker2014

Hartholzwurm
10-06-2014, 02:18 AM
Wew alhunt......ure so true....i think im gonna buy a bulwark for my warrie and rock my preferred class in pvp --> little, weak, underarmored, easy 2 kill, forgotten, discriminated, blue fleas :eagerness:

But our big brother STS will ignore this thread like each other before about us mages...................

But my hope is that we rise like poenix with lvl 2.340.715.....lmao

Fauksuras
10-06-2014, 02:53 AM
So...would you say Bulwark is more OP than Glaive on debut? Or than Maul on debut?

Linkincena
10-06-2014, 03:15 AM
Well .. a guide on how to kill a mage by a warrior..
its awesome... was so tough to kill a mage these days..
Really Enlightened.. A mage can die ..finally.. yeah :eagerness:

Instanthumor
10-06-2014, 03:44 AM
Get rid of Bulwark's curse. That's a MAGE'S skill... For MAGES... Give it something else. Ty.

Haligali
10-06-2014, 04:12 AM
lol@mages

Robhawk
10-06-2014, 04:24 AM
Guys... just... put the phone away and enjoy real life more! I do this for 2 weeks now and its great! :angel:
No need to be upset about all this class"balance" / ganging / karma here magnum there crap... no need to think about mages beeing the dustbin of the game...

THX STS for messing everything up, economy with plat abusers, the event system getting weaker with every event (from players perspective not your profitperspective HAHA) and now classbalance...

Also remember: They dont really care about all this, they never did and they never will! Threads get closed or deleted... its allways the same. All that matters is PROFIT, HOW TO GET REAL MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET !!! -> NEW CONTENT, NEWWW CONTENT.... NEWWWWWW PEETTSSSSSSS... BUUUYYYY SSOMMMMMEEEE PLLLAAATTTTTTTT...... NO WONT HAPPEN !!!

I tell ya, the peak of this game was late 2013... now we or lets say you, because i already left AL, are running down the hill with a lot of speed... :D
Also be sure that my post gets deleted sooner or later because the truth isnt something they (STS)want to hear because it reduces their PROFIT when you read posts like this! Well when this would be my game and platform i would delete it to and after that id go back crying in the cellar and ask my self why i did NOT listen to all those smart and addicted players month ago.

suckyiknow
10-06-2014, 08:16 AM
I'M a warrior, and I recently sold my maul and bought Bulwark - but I share the mages' opinion, this is just freaking ridiculous, lol. Most warriors just run around charging weapon at the mages and they're powerless to do anything to fight back. It was just a bad idea to start with imo. If STS doesn't repair this soon, they'll see a lot of mages quitting and I'm sure we don't want that.

Ebezaanec
10-06-2014, 08:51 AM
"Mages? No, they went extinct during The Bulwark Era"

Pedgon
10-06-2014, 10:26 AM
pfffu another crying thread made by smurfs for smurfs :angel:

Little blue rats, i remember when Maul came out, or even Glaive, they were OP too, and i didnt see so much crying about it! Honestly, mage class needs a BUFF for long time, nerfing warrior/rogues items wont change the REAL problem!! Bulwark is GOOD not OP, vs rogues that curse can be totally useless, coz they dodge all the time, so its really hard to curse them..especially Arcane Ring rogues! A skilled Arcane Ring rogue (or even without ring) can easily kill any skilled Bulwark tank.

So...plz stop asking STG to nerf this..nerf that...and, instead of this, ask for - BUFF MAGE CLASS! :eagerness:

matanofx
10-06-2014, 10:45 AM
No buff can save a mage from a bulwark warrior unless they give us a unique "anti bulwark curse buff"

As mentioed above this bulwark gives a warrior a 5th skill with no cooldown at all, brainfreeze.

STS can not ignore such a well written essay, made by alhunt, good job, i could not have said it better myself.

There are many problems in this game but since farming elite/planar isnt profitable for me all i can do without boring myself to sleep or doing homework, is pvp. Bulwark warriors has destroyed pvp for me even more than it already was as a sorc.

The overall agreement among the community, that alot needs to be done have got to be addressed and sooner better than later.

Candylicks
10-06-2014, 10:55 AM
What I don't understand is how the Bulwark was meant to be a PvE tanking weapon.. and now it's the most viable PvP weapon in the game. How anyone thinks a 100% chance to proc on any item in the game is unfair. I don't PvP but I send my love to all of you blue friends out there trying to make a fair dent in the game. Sucks for sure...

Sceazikua
10-06-2014, 11:26 AM
pfffu another crying thread made by smurfs for smurfs :angel:

Little blue rats, i remember when Maul came out, or even Glaive, they were OP too, and i didnt see so much crying about it! Honestly, mage class needs a BUFF for long time, nerfing warrior/rogues items wont change the REAL problem!! Bulwark is GOOD not OP, vs rogues that curse can be totally useless, coz they dodge all the time, so its really hard to curse them..especially Arcane Ring rogues! A skilled Arcane Ring rogue (or even without ring) can easily kill any skilled Bulwark tank.

So...plz stop asking STG to nerf this..nerf that...and, instead of this, ask for - BUFF MAGE CLASS! :eagerness:
Seems like noone/no post/no thread were made about "bulwark not fair this damage low, bulwark not fair that stat low" :monkey: Oh I was too sarcastic, these threads flooded the general discussion section :monkey:

When maul was released, it was a rare arcane, not a weapon which all warriors in pvp use like now. They only became this common after so much time. Btw Maul and Glaive were still defeatable, they do not completely disable the target and let them die in dispair. We should at least have a chance to fight back, dont we? As matanofx said no buff can save mages if we just "attack = die, not attack = die anyways".

Raregem
10-06-2014, 12:36 PM
You forgot to add the tank stack to your guide. Just pile on 4 bulwark warriors on one side (in tdm) and then watch and giggle as the other team falls.

On a side note that is all I've been seeing lately.. tanks stacking non-stop, pretty soon it's just going to be tanks vs tanks. No one wants to play in that, rogue or mage.

Appeltjes
10-06-2014, 12:43 PM
I would just sit down on all the mages :rolleyes:

Instanthumor
10-06-2014, 01:01 PM
ATTENTION:

I will now tell you how to get rid of a bulwark user. The average mage can't beat a bulwark, but that doesn't mean they can't run. Use Gale Force, 5/5. No matter what they do, they can't catch you.

matanofx
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
ATTENTION:

I will now tell you how to get rid of a bulwark user. The average mage can't beat a bulwark, but that doesn't mean they can't run. Use Gale Force, 5/5. No matter what they do, they can't catch you.

Meet you in a clash where you vs 2-3 bulwark tanks, running away wont solve your issue, you wont be farmed and singled out with gale but its like giving an annoying mosquito a flying speed boost, itll be quicker but eventually he'll be squashed. When youre cused theres not much you can do, and when your curse finishes youre cursed again cause theres no CoolDown, gale is awesome ive seen you and arry use it to kill pretty much anyone 1v1 and still you know its not a solution to a bigger problem its just a cute fixer to not being farmed.

Instanthumor
10-06-2014, 01:25 PM
still you know its not a solution to a bigger problem its just a cute fixer to not being farmed.

Solution = post #12

.-.

Instanthumor
10-06-2014, 01:27 PM
There's a lot of good points and alternatives that were mentioned in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?177019-Nerf-Bulwark-please&highlight=bulwark

Volt
10-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Cry, I don't use it anyways haha

Titanium
10-06-2014, 01:56 PM
I own many tanks. All i have to do is to make some bard's daily quest then i can purchase a new toon slot. Tank , rogue , mage. I own every class.

chorba69
10-06-2014, 02:02 PM
And what will STS do? Nothing like always. Or yeah, they will release some new stuff and then maybe 2016 nerf bulwark. as it was with maul.
gj STS. your game will die.
Oh yeah there's something else they will do. They will reply to this thread saying "we are working on it" Or something similar. As it was since lv16 cap. and guess what. nothing will happen

ChillyPepper
10-06-2014, 04:42 PM
-"Vote for alhunt"

Arachnophobik
10-06-2014, 09:08 PM
I just back to pvp yesterday to accompany a guildie, there was this team with a bulwark dude, darn hard to kill, the mage helped me out and killed the tank, but the curse got me down to 2% health!

Midievalmodel
10-06-2014, 11:05 PM
I really hope STG listens to the valid complaints about bulwarks unbeatable proc in PVP. I am a fellow warrior and used bulwark extensively. I can say with confidence the proc gives warriors way way too much advantage against mages. It really does ruin the balance of the PVP game.

Volt
10-06-2014, 11:39 PM
Honestly I have more troubles with shady and surge.. Gives meh players an easy win

Bigboyblue
10-07-2014, 07:35 AM
The bulwark buff and the sns buff are both equally bad decisions on sts' part. Both totally changed how people play the game . . . or don't play the game.

I've decided the latter as of late

Visiting
10-07-2014, 07:37 AM
The bulwark buff and the sns buff are both equally bad decisions on sts' part. Both totally changed how people play the game

The difference is Bulwark is a fairly common weapon and running into one in PvP is almost definite, SNS is considerably rarer thus the impact of it is less frequently noticed.

Samaeldavisjr
10-07-2014, 12:50 PM
...And so the mage begs for a Bullwark nerf... Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Visiting
10-07-2014, 01:07 PM

We don't care about the base stats of Bulwark, what we do care about is the fact that Bulwark has a 100% chance to proc curse on charge, this gives WARRIORS a MAGE skill and a considerably BETTER version of it.

Instanthumor
10-07-2014, 01:31 PM

Want a revamp, not a nerf.

Ravager
10-07-2014, 02:15 PM
So mages would be ok if the following change was made:

Remove 100% chance to proc on charge attack.
Make charge speed of Bulwark faster (similar to glaive, currently it is the speed of maul for charge).
Make proc chance similar to every other weapon (estimates, 20% on charge attack, 10% on normal taps)

I want this weapon to remain better than glaive/maul. If it becomes nerfed to the point where its the same as an old glaive or an old maul, whats the point of having the latest and greatest. Compromise so that we can all still play?

I'm glad sts finally made every mythic weapon viable in both pvp and pve finally. Other classes in the past have already had this luxury.

Instanthumor
10-07-2014, 04:29 PM

Make charge speed of Bulwark faster (similar to glaive, currently it is the speed of maul for charge).
Make proc chance similar to every other weapon (estimates, 20% on charge attack, 10% on normal taps)

I want this weapon to remain better than glaive/maul. If it becomes nerfed to the point where its the same as an old glaive or an old maul, whats the point of having the latest and greatest. Compromise so that we can all still play?

I'm glad sts finally made every mythic weapon viable in both pvp and pve finally. Other classes in the past have already had this luxury.

I guess that would be better than what it is right now, but if it were up to me, I'd get rid of curse on bulwark and give it something else. I can't even name 5 mages off the top of my head using curse now lmao, it's a bulwark's job now. That shouldn't be happening.

SacredKnight
10-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Your sig made me read this post twice

xD, you do realise he copied and pasted the same kill again?

Funny guide ^_^

Samaeldavisjr
10-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Want a revamp, not a nerf.

It would be near impossible to make every class, every classes skill, every pet, every weps proc, to be perfectly balanced 'to every single players style of play, personal gear setups, and whether they pve or pvp'. So the proc is OP in pvp. So was every other OP facet of the game when it was released. Good gracious.

Excuses
10-07-2014, 07:50 PM

This + mage upgrade.
Problem will be solved.

Alhuntrazeck
10-07-2014, 08:44 PM

This, plus reducing the duration of the curse from about 5s to 2-3s. Fair, right?

Alhuntrazeck
10-07-2014, 08:46 PM
xD, you do realise he copied and pasted the same kill again?

Funny guide ^_^

NO I really do farm Pred :(

Ravager
10-07-2014, 08:52 PM
This, plus reducing the duration of the curse from about 5s to 2-3s. Fair, right?

Hmmm hard to say at until we see the results. I think most mythic/arcane weapons proc for at least 4 seconds? Some 5?

Alhuntrazeck
10-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Hmmm hard to say at until we see the results. I think most mythic/arcane weapons proc for at least 4 seconds? Some 5?

This is imo the most devastating proc in the game since it essentially makes the warrior a cursing mage with 7k+ hp. ATM the warrior has 5 skills because the 100% proc rate is basically a skill..

Instanthumor
10-07-2014, 09:23 PM
It would be near impossible to make every class, every classes skill, every pet, every weps proc, to be perfectly balanced 'to every single players style of play, personal gear setups, and whether they pve or pvp'. So the proc is OP in pvp. So was every other OP facet of the game when it was released. Good gracious.

I don't care if a weapon is balanced or if one is OP. All I care is giving a class another class' skill. How would you like it if mages ran around with juggernaut?

Linkincena
10-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Mages will Become OP at lvl 51..
Till then.. just wait xD

Arachnophobik
10-07-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't care if a weapon is balanced or if one is OP. All I care is giving a class another class' skill. How would you like it if mages ran around with juggernaut?

More horribly what if rogues get horn of renew O.O oh sts please no :'0

Sceazikua
10-08-2014, 12:18 AM
More horribly what if rogues get horn of renew O.O oh sts please no :'0

How about vegeful blood? :O

Linkincena
10-08-2014, 01:47 AM
I suggest the following upgrades to Mage weapons:

1. Vengeful Blood
2. Horn of Renew
3. Juggernaut
4. Banish in pvp

Ain't that a nice balance?

Froxanthar
10-08-2014, 01:49 AM
All Warrior in AL can afford The Bulwark. I think?

Arachnophobik
10-08-2014, 01:51 AM
Hpw about if theyTurn the curse into a proc, a rare one like the maul, probably more

Robhawk
10-08-2014, 03:02 AM

Ehmmmm... until today there was luxury for rogues and warriors... So you as warrior should then say "rogue`s class had luxury" not "other classes", because the mages never got anything in this game, NEVER except a crap arcane staff and a nerfed myth gun... warriors had ONE YEAR A GLITCHED OVERPOWERED ARCANE MAUL, i have to LMAO again while writing this because it so ridiculous! (i mean the arcane staff and nerf of myth gun)...

Mages complain about arcane staff for month for not being an arcane weapon at all... they did no major changes, only a small alibi change on charging time... WOOOOOOOOW !!!
Nobody complains about myth gun but it gets nerfed after some weeks...
Warriors complain about bulwark and they just get the next totally OP weapon, after the OP arcane maul ruled it for a year and even the glaive/bonesaw was really decent....

So all that from my point of view uneven/unfair, call it what ever you want, things made me quit the game. I also have a warrior and owned every mage i met at tdm only with magma of will, myth armor/helmet/ring doom and scorch as pet. I had around 4 grand gems total with that gear and even the full myth/arcane mages with arcane pets where nearly chanceless...
So my semi geared warrior with a bulwark would DESTROY my good geared mage with singe in a vs without any doubt, although my main char is the mage and i played it for 1 and a half year, beeing #4 on tdm leaderboard. lol !

Linkincena
10-08-2014, 03:38 AM
Ehmmmm... until today there was luxury for rogues and warriors... So you as warrior should then say "rogue`s class had luxury" not "other classes", because the mages never got anything in this game, NEVER except a crap arcane staff and a nerfed myth gun... warriors had ONE YEAR A GLITCHED OVERPOWERED ARCANE MAUL, i have to LMAO again while writing this because it so ridiculous! (i mean the arcane staff and nerf of myth gun)...

Mages complain about arcane staff for month for not being an arcane weapon at all... they did no major changes, only a small alibi change on charging time... WOOOOOOOOW !!!
Warriors complain about bulwark and they just get the next totally OP weapon, after the OP arcane maul ruled it for a year and even the glaive/bonesaw was really decent....

So all that from my point of view uneven/unfair, call it what ever you want, things made me quit the game. I also have a warrior and owned every mage i met at tdm only with magma of will, myth armor/helmet/ring doom and scorch as pet. I had around 4 grand gems total with that gear and even the full myth/arcane mages with arcane pets where nearly chanceless...

Hey Rob.. u have a warrior now?

Robhawk
10-08-2014, 03:51 AM
Hey Rob.. u have a warrior now?

I have the warrior for month but i only played him for some weeks which also is some time ago... It was really funny to own 99% of the mages (maxed geared mages with full grand gem and samael could kill me from time to time), even the best maxed out magnum warriors with glaive/maul n samael couldnt kill me 1on1... Just good rogues killed me.

I wanted to focus on my main char, the mage, purchased a singe egg and oppened it and after that the bulwark buff and the gun nerf came. So i thought:" Its enough now, they really want to be kidding the money paying mage class -> im done!"
So there we are...

Linkincena
10-08-2014, 03:52 AM
I have the warrior for month but i only played him for some weeks which also is some time ago... It was really funny to own 99% of the mages, even the best magnum warriors couldnt kill me 1on1... Just good rogues killed me.

I wanted to focus on my main char, the mage, purchased a singe egg and oppened it and after that the bulwark buff and the gun nerf came. So i thought:" Its enough now, they really want to be kidding the money paying mage class -> im done!"

I have a warr too.. Lets get some mage food :)

Robhawk
10-08-2014, 03:57 AM
I have a warr too..

I know. ;)

Lets get some mage food :)

I have all my AP`s / kills / gear and most important EFFORT in that mage toon so i rather quit the game then changing the toon!

Pedgon
10-08-2014, 10:38 AM

Wise words my friend!:tranquillity:

Pedgon
10-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Bro, the duration of curse is actually 9-10 sec now lool :)

Pedgon
10-08-2014, 10:50 AM

So my semi geared warrior with a bulwark would DESTROY my good geared mage with singe in a vs without any doubt, although my main char is the mage and i played it for 1 and a half year, beeing #4 on tdm leaderboard. lol !

Dude, Bulwark before buff was ZERO, a TOTAL FAILURE, probably the biggest item failure in AL, EVER! Completely USELESS both in pve and pvp. You can't forget it's a level 41 MYHIC WEAPON ffs -.-

Robhawk
10-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Dude, Bulwark before buff was ZERO, a TOTAL FAILURE, probably the biggest item failure in AL, EVER! Completely USELESS both in pve and pvp. You can't forget it's a level 41 MYHIC WEAPON ffs -.-

Well...arcane maul was a by far bigger failure and that for a whole year! The biggest item failure for sure is/was arcane mage weapon - without any doubt!

Pedgon
10-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Well...arcane maul was a by far bigger failure and that for a whole year! The biggest item failure for sure is/was arcane mage weapon - without any doubt!

arcane maul was a failure?? O.O huh? (irony i guess lol) whatever...

arcane staff was good before new gun, not so op like maul of course, but was pretty decent..you cant even compare it with the 1st Bulwark..NOT EVEN CLOSE man... Bulwark was worthy of 2-3 million when came out..staff is still around 18-20 million perfect (if i'm not wrong)! So...

Samaeldavisjr
10-09-2014, 03:55 PM
10/09 Update: bullwark nerf. I anticipate Bullwark prices drop by 5m... Now THERES a way to stimulate the economy!
Boy...you toads sure have some pull with sts. (rolls eyes).

matanofx
10-09-2014, 04:10 PM
you toads sure have some pull with sts. (rolls eyes).

Being squishy and easily killed since forever and getting an arcane weapon that is basically a candy apple with cute stats sure proves your point. Saying STS favors sorc class is like saying meat is favored by vegans.

Samaeldavisjr
10-09-2014, 09:14 PM
10/09 Update: bullwark nerf. I anticipate Bullwark prices drop by 5m... Now THERES a way to stimulate the economy!
Boy...you toads sure have some pull with sts. (rolls eyes).

10/08 Bullwark prices 17.5m-20.9m
10/09 Bullwark prices 13m

Kingofninjas
10-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Would it make much of a difference? A 20% reduction in damage won't save you from a 1 hit or 1 combo kill from even a expedition bow rogue. LOL @ mages.

Robhawk
10-10-2014, 07:24 AM
arcane maul was a failure?? O.O huh? (irony i guess lol) whatever...

No irony there... 3 attack skills with Skyward and/or Axe stun + glitched maul proc stun + samael AA`s terrify was GG because maul was a 3rd stun, while it shouldnt, FOR A YEAR !!! Why do you think warriors owned the pvp for month that hard? Why do you think maul was also by far the best weapon for clashs? YES because of a glitched stun and YES 2 or 3 warriors did add 2 or 3 stuns without considering stun immunity! So enemies where permastunned which means they were dead without a chance to do anything!!!
YOU, THE WARRIORs HAD THAT WEAPON NOT THE MAGES WE HAD THE ARCANE STAFF WITH A JOKE PROC !!!

Perhaps the update didnt get your attention when maul was fixed on 24th of september!

2014-09-24 Content Update (159018)
Warrior Arcane Weapon Maul of Ollerus' Stun debuff now obeys PvP stun immunity rules.

Arcane staff with glitched maul proc would have owned the battlefield for mages like the maul did for warriors, again, FOR A WHOOOOLLEEEE YEEAAARRRRRR and i want to see you when the staff was the gamechanger and after that was fixed, the mages get vengeful blood on L41 myth gun with just charging it and no cooldown! What would have been your emotions ? Think about it! Also think about 1on1 with this in mind, the mages would have destroyed the tanks and none of the warriors had complained about this on forums? Kidding me? HAHAHA!!!