PDA

View Full Version : slag vs grimm for mage endgame farming

Caabatric
10-06-2014, 12:19 AM
As it says which pet is better in pve for mage.
(assuming both pets are lvl 30+)

Vaeriu
10-11-2014, 03:50 AM
I don't really play endgame much (and more so I never touch mage)
But I can say Grimm is great at endgame with its AA and Passive ability.
The movement speed is always great, which both pets have, and it helps with timed runs and arena.
However slag has always been kind of a 'get to go' pet for Mages because of its amazing stun.
Generally they're both good imo but the more stabilized and consistent option would be slag.
Idk about the passive abilities past lvl 15 as I don't play end game much ^^
But from a perspective of a rogue, I find Grimm very useful....does it have the Samael posion tick too?

Goodhabbit
10-12-2014, 07:10 AM
I usually use grimm for elites because of the armor deduction that can stack up with its AA (and also the awesome vanished/banished forget about the real spelling since its rarely happens). Slag is really great especially for boss in elite, it save me a lot of times from the 1 hit red zone. I would recommend both for mages. BTW they become more awesome if you can take them to lvl 40 since their passive is awesome in that lvl.

SacredKnight
10-12-2014, 03:22 PM
I don't really play endgame much (and more so I never touch mage)
But I can say Grimm is great at endgame with its AA and Passive ability.
The movement speed is always great, which both pets have, and it helps with timed runs and arena.
However slag has always been kind of a 'get to go' pet for Mages because of its amazing stun.
Generally they're both good imo but the more stabilized and consistent option would be slag.
Idk about the passive abilities past lvl 15 as I don't play end game much ^^
But from a perspective of a rogue, I find Grimm very useful....does it have the Samael posion tick too?

No, it doesn't. What it has is a layer of debuffs (There's a lot...). And, you know the AA, Stun, Kill, more debuffs etc.

Vaeriu
10-14-2014, 06:20 AM
No, it doesn't. What it has is a layer of debuffs (There's a lot...). And, you know the AA, Stun, Kill, more debuffs etc.

That works too , debuffs help a lot!