PDA

View Full Version : Im sooooo excited and I just cant hide it......

Inching
01-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Im sooooo excited, I just ordered my very first MacBook Pro 15” and maxed the crap out of the specs as follows:

Processor
2.8GHz Intel Core i7

Memory
8GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB

Hard Drive
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 7200 rpm

Display
MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Glossy Widescreen Display

Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office Mac 2011 - Home and Student Edition

Magic Mouse

….. now all I need to do is learn how to use the dame thing before I take shipment of it… things like turn the thing on, and stuff…. Also, I was told that the mouse pad had like 15 different kinds of swipes to do things like change apps, move pages up and down, etc but its not on by default and you need to activate it before you can use it… hummm……

But Im excited anyways, yes I bought something I have no clue how to use and it feels great~!!

KingFu
01-31-2011, 02:52 AM
Gratz inching. Very excited for you!:) Have fun with it bro (the Mac;))

Inching
01-31-2011, 02:55 AM
thanks man..... im searching the apple site to learn where the on button would be.... im so lame

KingFu
01-31-2011, 02:57 AM
Jeeze, can't even turn it on? This will give ya something to do for the next week...or 2:p

Zeus
01-31-2011, 03:11 AM
thanks man..... im searching the apple site to learn where the on button would be.... im so lame

Take a look at my video entry! This is some of the things you can do with all the free software they give on your mac. (Imovie).
I'd love to help you with anything you want to know about macs. Feel free to shoot me a PM, or ask for my skype for more info.

Here is the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPf7UOek-zU

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 03:13 AM
Let us know how it goes! I've been thinking about one lately, but the massive change is whats stopping me.

Inching
01-31-2011, 03:29 AM
thanks guys, for sure i will ask A LOT of questions.... i should take delivery in 7-10 days is what apple told me... i have never owned an apple product besides an iphone and an ipad so i will watch a few of their videos on converting from a PC to a Mac user on their site before I start.

I will update how I am doing and I hope I can learn how to use it in a week or so.

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 03:31 AM
Btw, what made you get a mac pro vs just a mac and vs the air?

Inching
01-31-2011, 03:54 AM
Btw, what made you get a mac pro vs just a mac and vs the air?

I decided to get a Mac OS PC in general because I have used windows all my life. I wanted a change because the Win was getting too annoying. My antivirus as expired and basically I have 3 pop ups every hour reminding me I need to renew and my PC is vulnerable and its really annoying. Also, the boot time is sooooooo long to start and shut down.

From a personal point of view, I don’t change or buy laptops frequently and so when I buy, I go for the top end models. I went for the MacBook Pro because I have the option of doing heavy graphics and games if I choose to and that I know it will not be slow. Using a general Mac I cannot load too heavy of applications and run smoothly. Another factor is that buying a MacBook Pro, I have the option of using “parallel” in case I really cannot convert to the Mac OS and with the other 2, running this would be very slow. If I buy the Mac or the Air, running parallel would be slow or it might hang if I run CPU intensive programs on it. I can choose to dual boot Max OS or Win 7 but that is the extreme case of a heavy Windows user which Im not and want the convenience of Mac OS and Windows. Lastly, I want the CD player / burner and don’t want to lug an external reader which rules out the Air. For better battery time this rules out the Air also.

The 15” config I got is actually more expensive then the same 17” config but 15” is for portability.

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 03:59 AM
I see. Very good reasons for the Mac Pro then :)

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Grats, I'm jealous. I'm still using a crappy Hp that was faulty to begin with and has been in a near-death state for quite some time.

Now, guessing how much that Mac cost you, I think it should double as an iPad --
Ie the screen should swivel around and turn into a tablet. But I highly doubt it does bc Apple would charge through the roof for something like that if they had it.

Riccits
01-31-2011, 05:04 AM
grats!
i have the same mac, just a bit slower ;)
its a nice toy but i had to send back twice for some defects... :-/
i ve installed bootcamp and so i can use XP too, its very easy to do...

Necrobane
01-31-2011, 05:17 AM
Rofl just the other day i got my Mabook pro 13" and man did it take some getting used to. So much fun once you get the hang of it :)

MoarPewPew
01-31-2011, 06:52 AM
Congratz!!!!

If you decide to use "boot camp" to partion your hardrive to windows/Mac don't do it.

You are much better off getting parallels. I have parallels on my Mac OS X and even though it's an older comp I have to say windows works well. You can run windows while your running Mac. (windows can be shown in a window page.)

1 problem I found is that some programs have graphic errors on parrallels because the graphics card is not supposed to display some of them. Mostly video games.

But yeah enjoy your new purchase and remember to set your mouse to have a primary and secondary button. (lol it was a pain not knowing for a day.)

BeardedBear
01-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Congratz!!!!

If you decide to use "boot camp" to partion your hardrive to windows/Mac don't do it.

You are much better off getting parallels. I have parallels on my Mac OS X and even though it's an older comp I have to say windows works well. You can run windows while your running Mac. (windows can be shown in a window page.)

1 problem I found is that some programs have graphic errors on parrallels because the graphics card is not supposed to display some of them. Mostly video games.

But yeah enjoy your new purchase and remember to set your mouse to have a primary and secondary button. (lol it was a pain not knowing for a day.)

If you are playing video games through Parallels, well, that's just foolish.

Inching, you are much better off booting into Windows via bootcamp for the best performance possible. I've been working with Mac and PC for years now and that's my opinion. Bootcamp is free as well.

DawnInfinity
01-31-2011, 09:08 AM
I have a Macbook pro. Love it. The track pad is very convenient. :) there's like tutorials on how to change the settings and such, or the people at the apple stores can tell you. I have mine with the two-finger swipe up and down to scroll, and the three-finger swipe left /right to go back/forward pages on safari, so easy. I like the four-finger swipe thing for the expose´ too, so it's easier to view all your screens. You can also set up spaces but I never really have use for it. Just go to system preferences and then trackpad, it has a video there to demonstrate everything. I just have everything checked, lol.

BeardedBear
01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Anyone else here use a Magic Mouse? With this free app called Better Touch Tool, you can customize gestures on your mouse, like a touch screen. Pretty dope.

Inching
02-07-2011, 03:54 AM
I GET MY MACBOOK PRO tonight... its arrived and at home waiting for me to get off work and go make love to it.... cant wait~!!!!!!

KingFu
02-07-2011, 04:21 AM
I GET MY MACBOOK PRO tonight... its arrived and at home waiting for me to get off work and go make love to it.... cant wait~!!!!!!

BE SAFE! USE PROTECTION! Don't want any unwanted viruses now do you?

Inching
02-07-2011, 04:25 AM
indeed, good point

Ellyidol
02-07-2011, 04:26 AM
I think Macs are on some pills.

I heard they never get viruses.

Inching
02-07-2011, 04:45 AM
I will artificially implant some softwares into the mac and see if any viruses come of it tonight

KingFu
02-07-2011, 04:47 AM
Put your floppy disk in his disk drive, and make hard drive;)

Inching
02-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Its me reporting back on the MacBook Pro ...... so i unpack the ting and the only thing I know how to do is press the on button... thats the extent of my Mac knowledge.... I follow the steps to setting up the thing and that goes well, i have internet and everything... so Im stearing at this thing having no clue what to do....

I manage to find the prefrences and go through one by one seeing what settings I have and i press update.... mistake or not, that takes up 3 ferking hours to update 11 programs ... first FAIL.

After updated everything, I proceed to input my mobileme info into the mobileme settings.... and press sync.... nothing happends after the spinning thingy... i press again and nothing happends... I call up apple help line and they direct me to the mobileme chat help... Im spending 2 hours on this chat with the apple help person and next thing i know all my info on mobileme is gone including contacts, calendar, etc.... seconf FAIL.

I goto the help guy, like WTF and then the chat connection disconnects.... third FAIL

It reconnects to another help person and they read the conversation and teaches me how to restore my info from my Windows PC contacts and calendar, etc and that works... thank God.... first WIN

After spending another 1.5 hours with the help guy, we got everything to sync EXCEPT contacts in which case I give up and goto bed aas its 2am already... fourth and MAJOR FAIL.

Im beginning to this if I made the wrong choice buying a MacBook Pro??!!!

Sigh

Zeus
02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
It me reporting back on the MacBook Pro ...... so i unpack the ting and the only thing I know how to do is press the on button... thats the extent of my Mac knowledge.... I follow the steps to setting up the thing and that goes well, i have internet and everything... so Im stearing at this thing having no clue what to do....

I manage to find the prefrences and go through one by one seeing what settings I have and i press update.... mistake or not, that takes up 3 ferking hours to update 11 programs ... first FAIL.

After updated everything, I proceed to input my mobileme info into the mobileme settings.... and press sync.... nothing happends after the spinning thingy... i press again and nothing happends... I call up allpe help line and they direct me to the mobileme chat help... Im spending 2 hours on this chat with the apple help person and next thing i know all my info on mobileme is gone including contacts, calendar, etc.... seconf FAIL.

I goto the help guy, like WTF and then the chat connection disconnects.... third FAIL

It reconnects to another help person and they read the conversation and teaches me how to restore my info from my Windows PC contacts and calendar, etc and that works... thank God.... first WIN

After spending another 1.5 hours with the help guy, we got everything to sync EXCEPT contacts in which case I give up and goto bed aas its 2am already... fourth and MAJOR FAIL.

Im beginning to this if I made the wrong choice buying a MacBook Pro??!!!

Sigh

You just got really unlucky... I have bought multiple macs and never had a problem at all.

Inching
02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
sad.........