PDA

View Full Version : Zomg!!! Noob!!!

Cabero
01-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Now I see what you guys mean about the mynas gen lol

I just had a lvl 50 with totally crap gear (crossbow even!) and 592 kills. I'm wearing a cyber void set and he asks me the name of my gun lol Then when I tell him the name he asks me what the market value for it is. I tell him its a quest item. Then he asks me which is better mega or cyber. I tell him check out the forums. Then he asks what's the url for the forums I'm new. Ya think?!! lol how do you get to 50 that fast and have no clue about the game like that?! My god I can't wait for level restrictions on hosted games hopefully it will cut back on NOOBS like that from getting power leveled.

Fyrce
01-31-2011, 07:33 AM
LOL, there will always be players who cannot be bothered to learn how to play. Sometimes I wonder whether they just do not know there's a better way to play. Maybe they think ALL games are difficult or something. There just always seem to be these types of players in every type of game. Some of them you can teach; some you cannot. When they will not learn and blame the game or other players instead, it's really annoying. And a bit amusing.

Cabero
01-31-2011, 07:38 AM
You know I can see someone not knowing anything about the game while "leveling" their first toon up. But who the hell would power level someone like that?! If he would have ask me that stuff and he a few Ks of kills I wouldn't have thought much about it. But 592 kills!!! Power leveling is for the experienced players imo.

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't know whats going on in their minds either. I mean whats the point of playing when they don't even know whats going on? 0.0

They're like NPC type players who just take up server space.

Riccits
01-31-2011, 07:47 AM

that would be worth as sig! LOOOOL!!

Cabero
01-31-2011, 07:49 AM
that would be worth as sig! LOOOOL!!

lol ya it would, but I got 2 I like better already :)

thugimmortal
01-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Omg me and my friend was doing ao2 when a level 17 joined then ran into the mobs with no armour or weapon equiped and died instantly. dont get me wrong that was funny but what a noob lol

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 07:57 AM
lol ya it would, but I got 2 I like better already :)

It would be my first sig worthy comment ;)

Cabero
01-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Or you see a lvl 40 something in a crush run with lvl 1 gear on lol

Cabero
01-31-2011, 07:59 AM
It would be my first sig worthy comment ;)

Go for it then! Do it!!! :p

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 07:59 AM
Go for it then! Do it!!! :p

Sig myself? Isn't that a bit.. sad? Lol

Cabero
01-31-2011, 08:03 AM
Sig myself? Isn't that a bit.. sad? Lol

lol oops :o didn't pay attention to posted it. I thought it was Riccits that saying it would be his first Sig worthy quote to put in his Sig.

Phoenixking
01-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Imo powerleveling was made to quickly lvl alts once your experience but now noobs are doing it too im powerleveling my mage since im experienced player

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 08:06 AM
One cool way would be that in order to get exp from a certain map/campaign, one of your characters must at least be in that range.

Ie. To be able to get exp from Ao3, you need at least one character in that account thats within Ao3 exp range. 45-50. That should at least remove the first timers from Power levelling and actually have to play to the minimum level.

last350
01-31-2011, 08:09 AM
wow that's so sad. I pl'd my chant cuz i wanted to see how she played out but I did it fairly and when i hit 50 i had just under 10k kills.

Cabero
01-31-2011, 08:14 AM
One cool way would be that in order to get exp from a certain map/campaign, one of your characters must at least be in that range.

Ie. To be able to get exp from Ao3, you need at least one character in that account thats within Ao3 exp range. 45-50. That should at least remove the first timers from Power levelling and actually have to play to the minimum level.
I would rather see it that no one can get xp unless your in the right lvl range. But do it like the level caps now but in reverse on the low side.
Example: You stop getting xp in Plasma Pyramid at 48 so you shouldn't be able to get xp until you reach 37 too. to me that would be fair.

Imo powerleveling was made to quickly lvl alts once your experience but now noobs are doing it too im powerleveling my mage since im experienced player
I get power leveled every once and a while too but I'm also experienced that's why I do it.

kopi
01-31-2011, 08:30 AM
My guess is some of these players didnt even purchase the other maps. They just buy the highest lv possible and plunged straight into it

Riccits
01-31-2011, 08:31 AM

i would like it! :)

Pocket Legend
01-31-2011, 09:44 AM
What is worse than a "noob"? "Elite" players who make time to complain about them, imo. Just like the newbies, they will be in every game always stating the same thing; downgrading the player base. What's so wrong about being new to a community anyway? They are starting to sound like trolls. Instead of marking new players off by insulting them and showing everyone how much success you will get by whining (nowhere), perhaps we can teach new players with your "elite" wisdom about the game and maybe then they'll learn something.

Kujen
01-31-2011, 10:02 AM
There will always be some elitists in games, but many people are very helpful towards new players who have questions about the game, and how to improve their character, especially here on the forums. But if their question is "can you powerlvl me?" "can I have some gold?", it's just annoying. I dont mind helping people but im not going to play your character for you. The person in question in the original post with ~500 kills was clearly powerleveled and knew little about the game. If he wasn't so dependent and played the game the way it was intended, he would have learned some things naturally over time and wouldn't be such a "noob".

Ayrilana
01-31-2011, 12:02 PM
What is worse than a "noob"? "Elite" players who make time to complain about them, imo. Just like the newbies, they will be in every game always stating the same thing; downgrading the player base. What's so wrong about being new to a community anyway? They are starting to sound like trolls. Instead of marking new players off by insulting them and showing everyone how much success you will get by whining (nowhere), perhaps we can teach new players with your "elite" wisdom about the game and maybe then they'll learn something.

And there will always be those that complain about the complainers and then those who complain about those who complain about the complainers. People here are not complaining about newbies. They're complaining about the people who go onto maps way above their level and just leech XP. They ruin the fun for those actually trying to get XP as well as those who are farming items on the VL map.

These leechers have no skill whatsoever and have no idea what they're doing. Why should we teach them how to play when they could have easily learned how playing the game the correct way? A lot of the ones I found refuse to listen since they assume they already know everything since they've reached 50.

I bet we'll definitely notice it with the next expansion when these leechers will continue to do what they're doing and not equally participate in the party.

thugimmortal
01-31-2011, 12:16 PM
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/thugimmortal/real-noob-1.jpg

StompArtist
01-31-2011, 12:18 PM
http://funny4me.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/noob.jpg

IamBored
01-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Now I see what you guys mean about the mynas gen lol

I just had a lvl 50 with totally crap gear (crossbow even!) and 592 kills. I'm wearing a cyber void set and he asks me the name of my gun lol Then when I tell him the name he asks me what the market value for it is. I tell him its a quest item. Then he asks me which is better mega or cyber. I tell him check out the forums. Then he asks what's the url for the forums I'm new. Ya think?!! lol how do you get to 50 that fast and have no clue about the game like that?! My god I can't wait for level restrictions on hosted games hopefully it will cut back on NOOBS like that from getting power leveled.

Seriously, I don't see any problem with what he is asking other than maybe he is leaching or being powerlvl to 50 which people don't seem to like. Even if he level from 1 to 50 in 100 days, you would think he would know those stuffs and know about AO3 boss for his first attempt? If he has 20k kills and ask those questions and have those crappy gears you would still call him a noob. Not everybody know about Pocket Legend forum. Aren't we all newbie at one time or another?

mugen
01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
think ill put this in my sig if u dont mind
lol so true!

Pandamoni
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
http://funny4me.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/noob.jpg

This made me laugh out loud at work and my students just all looked up. haha. Got caught. I think I'll print it out and share it with them. lol

Fyrce
01-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Newbies can and want to learn.

Noobs already know how to play and how dare anyone suggest otherwise. Noobs ask their questions and expect you to just give them stuff because they are so amazing they have better things to do than go farm items. Of course, it's the devs' faults that areas are so ungodly hard and everyone lies who say areas can be played by normal groups. It's obvious the elites (players who claim to be able to play high level areas easily) have spent lots of money, including platinum, to be elite, have the best gear and have found exploits that they are not sharing with other players. There elites are obviously also speaking in a secret language when they speak of things like "skills" and 'combos" and other secret terms.

StompArtist
01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Newbies can and want to learn.

Noobs already know how to play and how dare anyone suggest otherwise. Noobs ask their questions and expect you to just give them stuff because they are so amazing they have better things to do than go farm items. Of course, it's the devs' faults that areas are so ungodly hard and everyone lies who say areas can be played by normal groups. It's obvious the elites (players who claim to be able to play high level areas easily) have spent lots of money, including platinum, to be elite, have the best gear and have found exploits that they are not sharing with other players. There elites are obviously also speaking in a secret language when they speak of things like "skills" and 'combos" and other secret terms.

The Elite are usually devs in disguise too!

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
I'm not even going to lie, I'm a lvl 35 warrior and from around lvl 25 or 26 I started powerleveling. Now I feel so lost. So just because you guys have to deal with us newbs, remember newbs like me who actually enjoy this game and want to learn it, now have to go through doing so the hard way.

KaotiicxDream
01-31-2011, 03:19 PM
That is just so ... only thing i can say : ROFLCOPTER !!

StompArtist
01-31-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm not even going to lie, I'm a lvl 35 warrior and from around lvl 25 or 26 I started powerleveling. Now I feel so lost. So just because you guys have to deal with us newbs, remember newbs like me who actually enjoy this game and want to learn it, now have to go through doing so the hard way.

That's ok. If you are worried about what we are saying you are not a noob :D A noob knows better and is NEVER EVER lost. lol

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
01-31-2011, 04:55 PM
LOL, yea I guess so :)

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Gee you gotta wonder what the people are like behind the character.... Are your average myna's gens your average highschool drop outs? I would say little kids, but lately, little kids have been the gods of video games.

StompArtist
01-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Gee you gotta wonder what the people are like behind the character.... Are your average myna's gens your average highschool drop outs? I would say little kids, but lately, little kids have been the gods of video games.

I suspect the elderly!

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I suspect the elderly!

oh god, so when they say brb, does that mean their home nurse is changing their diapers or giving them a sponge bath?..

PLaCiD
02-01-2011, 08:37 AM
I've played many MMORPGs and something i've noticed is common with the RPG type player is the constant need to pat oneself on the back for being more knowledgeable about said game than other people playing.

This is commonly done by having a bash as new players, less informed players and/or stupid players. I think it gives the whole forum community a much needed ego boost, but at the end of the day, just because people chat on the forum, or you've been playing the game since it launched etc., it doesn't give you more rights to play the game as anyone else.

Sorry if this annoys anyone ... but you know, the more it annoys you, the more you know its true!

StompArtist
02-01-2011, 08:57 AM
I've played many MMORPGs and something i've noticed is common with the RPG type player is the constant need to pat oneself on the back for being more knowledgeable about said game than other people playing.

This is commonly done by having a bash as new players, less informed players and/or stupid players. I think it gives the whole forum community a much needed ego boost, but at the end of the day, just because people chat on the forum, or you've been playing the game since it launched etc., it doesn't give you more rights to play the game as anyone else.

Sorry if this annoys anyone ... but you know, the more it annoys you, the more you know its true!

Yup. It's called human nature :D

PLaCiD
02-01-2011, 09:17 AM
A lot of bad stuff that goes in this world gets passed off as ... its just human nature.

Tolerance is the key i guess ... being tolerant of others that are not as good and tolerance of those that know they're better ;)

StompArtist
02-01-2011, 09:21 AM
A lot of bad stuff that goes in this world gets passed off as ... its just human nature.

Tolerance is the key i guess ... being tolerant of this that are not aren't as good and tolerance of those that know they're better ;)

What we are complaining about is the higher level guys who have not worked their way there and make very silly mistakes wasting everyones time and getting the whole party killed in the process. No problem with inexperienced players trying to learn and get better.

BeefyMeat
02-01-2011, 09:57 AM
I give the dude who admitted PLing was bad complete credit and would be glad to teach him whatever I can about the game. As Stomp said it's the knuckleheads who don't bother learning and just want the end game that are the problem.